Michelob Golden Draft Light - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.10% ABV

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 01-24-2002)
1.7/5  rDev -26.4%

A: Light yellow color as to be expected of this style though not as drab or depressing as some.

S: Nothing but light grain.

T: Slight banana. Non-descript grain (corn, wheat, rice). A strange tang I assume is supposed to be hops?

M: Light and refreshing. Not much to note. Medium carbonation.

D: Like most light macro-brews this drinks like unflavored mineral water. I only review it because it is technically a beer.

ForWhatAlesYou, Dec 28, 2010

Johnhaley1989, Oct 05, 2012
2.25/5  rDev -2.6%

Packman4IL, Jan 07, 2012
2.15/5  rDev -6.9%

Pours a pale gold, and produces a white, 1 finger head, which dissipates quickly.
The aroma is faint, and of bread.
Their is barely a noticeable taste. It is of faint bread. Medium carbonation, and light mouth-feel.
Can't believe I used to like this stuff. It's easy drinking, but why? It has no flavor.

TCMike, Apr 18, 2012
1.9/5  rDev -17.7%

Had this on tap, thinking it was $1...much to my dismay that special ended 30 minutes ago.

Pours a light golden color, nice head on it.

Smell is basically non-existent...which is better than it being skunky or noticeably terrible.

Taste is fairly generic, and weak overall. Some faint hops occasionally poke through, but there really isn't a whole lot to this guy. No wonder my friends can put it away like no one's business...this is way better than Natty Light.

M & D: carbonation is way too strong, aside from that...watery thin. I guess this scores decently on drinkability because it's bound to not offend anyone's taste buds.

You might rather drink something else, but its just too boring to be that bad.

AmberMan22, Mar 10, 2010
3.38/5  rDev +46.3%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

I'll start off this review by saying that I do in fact like this beer. It's just so refreshing. Some hate it, and that's respectable, to each their own. But for me this beer is entirely drinkable and perfect when you're not in the mood for anything particular - and I've NEVER found a time I didn't enjoy one.

Appearance - poured out and retains almost no head or lacing. Not surprising in this category, so I don't care.

Smell - Musty grains, sweet corn, metallic vegetable, small hint of overly ripe bananas and pineapple at the end.

Taste - Corn, flavored seltzer, aftertaste of wheat. Slightly sour but not off-putting. Easy drinking.

Mouthfeel - carbonated and ends dry.

Overall - For a "light" beer, this brew is terrific. It quenches thirst like a Gatorade and gives you a crisp, refreshing, dry resolve. This beer is great on hot days and is honestly my go-to when I feel like a beer but I don't want to dive into my craft stash or crack open a full-bodied beer. It goes well with everything and I almost always have some in my fridge. If I'm out, I get more. For that reason I have to give this beer a great review. (My "overall" score has more to do with the drinkability, accessibility, and my tendency to never get sick of this beer more than it has to do with a combination of the separate categories.) This fares better in glass bottles than in cans.

Michelob Golden Light is one of those rare favorites that has nothing special and everything right at the same time.

The-Adjunct-Hippie, Aug 07, 2014

bicyclesnbeer, Aug 19, 2012

Its amazing how you will almost never find this beer anywhere out side Minnesota and the surrounding states. Pours a clear yellow color with almost no head and some slight lacing. Smells watered down and grassy. Taste? Tastes grainy, watered down, and a little malty. I drink this alot at campus partys and whatnot. I can tolerate it when I have to $5 for a cup. But I would never go out and buy it on my own.

ryantupy, Jul 07, 2006