Bud Dry - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-19-2002

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Dry Alström Bros
Reviews by the Alström Bros:
2.9/5  rDev +23.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

12 oz can with a born on date on the bottom of the can.

Appearance: Very thin head after some quick rising foam, filtered clarity is ordinary for this type of beer.

Smell: Coarse huskiness of grain, dusty flour and adjuncts.

Taste & Mouthfeel: Driest beer I have ever had, I was not surprised either though its dryness is right up there with some Japanese beers. Crispness is right on target with a very light body. Minimal malt flavour and a dusting hop bitterness to balance. Clean neutral flavour which must be rice. Immaculate after taste.

Notes: Not bad for what it is, they brewed exactly what they were going for … a drier version of Bud. I’d pick this over Bud, hopefully I’ll never be put in that position.

2.73/5  rDev +16.7%

I always remember the "why ask why, try bud dry" commercials from my youth and now I finally found some of the beer, and why oh why did I buy it? Pure nostalgia! The beer poured a straw like yellow color with a slight head that faded very fast. Smelt of grain and sweet corn with a slight hint of skunk thrown in as well. The flavor and the mouthfeel were actually not bad for what it is, it is very dry in the finish and less malty than I was expecting it to be. Truth be told, it's better than Busch and if I was in a pinch and needed some cheap libations this would be a viable choice...just don't go all over town trying to track it down, it's not that good!

2.02/5  rDev -13.7%

Yellow color, white head, little lacing. Smell is not terrible, its got a little bit of grain and corn coming through. Very bland taste, but that could be expected, it's pretty much Budweiser, dumbed down, as if we needed that, but it does have a small amount of flavor and no hops present. This is an odd way to try and balance a beer, more water to a watery flavor instead of more flavor balanced by hops, but whatever. Mouthfeel is highly carbonated with little body. I finished the whole can.

1.85/5  rDev -20.9%

Yellow pour, soft white head. Corny aroma, mildly sweet. Can't discern what separates dry from regular Bud at this point, all looks and smells the same.

Further complicating the nomenclature, the beer tastes watery, the mildest of hop connotations, the mildest of malt (seems mostly corn) presence. I liken this to the Simpsons episode where all the Duff varieties come from the same vat of beer. I doubt anyone, even a professional judge could pick Bud Dry out from Bud Light in a blind tasting.

Not horribly offensive, but I can't figure out why these cost what they do, there is no ingredients and no advertising budget for this stuff. . . so why does it cost almost as much as SNPA? Bud Light with a different label design is the conclusion.

2.22/5  rDev -5.1%

Appearance: Fizzy yellow beer with a thin short lived white head leaves specks of lacing. Aroma: Grainy sweetness corn and rice adjuncts kicking with a husky malt tone. Taste: Sweet blend of two row malt and corn very evident sweetness is bland and finishes extremely dry with a touch of hops. Mouthfeel: Thin body over carbonated completely uninteresting. Drinkability: I wouldn't recommend this beer to my friends or foes in that matter, but a better and cheaper alternative to Bud only offered in select markets.

2.5/5  rDev +6.8%

I love the taste of this beer. I can still get here in michigan. At a store down in Warren.

2.25/5  rDev -3.8%

4.4/5  rDev +88%

As a recent college graduate, I am unable to afford the ESBs and pale ales I would love to be drinking. For most of my college career, if faced with a selection of macros, or the desire to drink with near-empty pockets, my first choice was always PBR.

Bud dry costs less than $6.50 for a 12 pack--less than many brands of bottled water--and actually tastes pretty decent. By far the best flavor and quality in its price range.

In my opinion, in taste, mouthfeel and drinkability, bud dry easily out-ranks most other AB products, especially the other "Bud" labeled products.

After a night of relatively heavy partying (i.e. a 12 pack of bud dry each) with my girlfriend recently, we both woke up with only the slightest hangover.

in conclusion: try bud dry. It's not great beer, but at $6.23, beer it is.

1.7/5  rDev -27.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

How can I review a beer so horrible, It's macrogarbage at its worst. I don't even care to think about how bad this is, one taste will tell you, damn what am I thinking and drinking. Stick to WATER as with all AB products, it doesn't matter which beer it is Dry, Ice, Original, or Light. They are all lousy and of poor quality and that born on date doesn't matter if you drank it from the brewery itself.

2.92/5  rDev +24.8%

Thanks again to woodychandler for yet another canned beer for me to try. Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a light golden color with a 1/2 inch head and lots of carbonation. Smell is of grains and corn, some sweetness. Taste is very mild, some corn and grains, a touch sweet with just a hint of bitterness at the finish. Feels light in the mouth and overall is an average beer from the kings of mediocraty.

One of the first beers I ever tried, way back when. I remember it was on a float trip, and I had a buddy that always bought this or Natty Light, because it was some of the cheapest beer you could get. I tried one and the flavor reminded me of sandy pond water. Absolutely disgusting. Even at dirt cheap prices, it isn't worth drinking beer that tastes just like that, dirt.

Will not revisit again.

1.75/5  rDev -25.2%

1.75/5  rDev -25.2%

3.68/5  rDev +57.3%

For the open-minded this can be a delightful beer to drink. Unfortunately, it is only available in cans in the New Orleans area. Bud Dry has a clear, sparkling straw appearance and a standard Budweiser head. The aroma is subtly sharp and pleasant. The taste is clean, crisp, and delicate, but does not have the awful mineral water characteristics of light beers. Also, it has a comforting alcohol level, similar to the regular Budweiser. Mouth feel is watery, of course, but not the least bit foul. Bud Dry is most excellent.

2.25/5  rDev -3.8%

1.32/5  rDev -43.6%

The beer pours from the 12-ounce brown bottle a limpid gold with a modest white frothy head and the left over lace a thin sheet. Nose is sweet malt, fresh and clean, start is lightly sweet and the top skeletal. Finish is caustic in its acidity, hops benign and the aftertaste dry, it has been almost 4 years since I sampled one of these, now I know why.

Bud Dry from Anheuser-Busch