Follow our progress ...

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States | website

Style: Euro Pale Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by beerphilosopher on 12-19-2006

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
3.15/5  rDev n/a

Note - I couldn't find this one on BA after several searches. I've concluded it's either new and not been reviewed yet, or it's listed under another name. My apologies if I've duplicated anything already on the site ...

Sampled this one on tap at Pinch Penny Pub in Carbondale. The pub website says it's from "the famous Stag Brewery in London." Odd, I didn't think that Brewery existed anymore ... a little research shows this brand is owned by Anheuser Busch, so go figure.

Anyway, this one was presented to me in a standard pint glass - a clear medium gold straw color with a thin spotty head of white. Lively carbonation and a thin film of lace attached to the inner rim of the glassware. The nose was mostly of lightly malted grains and slightly sweet. By no means agressively hoppped, but decently balanced nose. The palate follows suit with a mild grain character that is offset by subtle hop bitterness. Nothing challenging to the palate here at all, but certainly a little bit more of a flavor profile than a typical American light lager. Again, some slight sweetness in the mouth, but not cloying. The mouthfeel is what you'd expect for the style - light and non-threatening. The sweetness gives it the perception of a bit of "thickness" in the mouth, but this is extremely subtle. Well carbonated and finishes plenty dry with a lingering malt grain taste in the back of the throat. Over all, this is a decent European style lager, I think. The pub owner says this is a test market for this beer ... I had never heard of it, and couldn't find much on the net either, so I'm flying blind as to whether this one has been reviewed already under a different name perhaps?

Kingsbrucke Lager from Anheuser-Busch
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.