Busch Ice - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.90% ABV

Busch Ice is a smooth-tasting ice beer. It is brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 04-25-2002)

1.5/5  rDev -10.2%

1.5/5  rDev -10.2%

I had not had drunk an "ice beer" in awhile and it's better than my vague memory of Keystone Ice but definately not as good as Molson Ice oh well it was cheap (99c a pint) having it really cold made it palatable but don't c myself getting it again. Not recommended under normal circumstances.

2.42/5  rDev +44.9%

Poured into a pint glass.

Pale yellow, immediately disappearing head, fizzy.

Smell like corn and metal.

It tastes better than I expected. It's got a big adjunct flavor and a touch of hop bitterness.

It's watery and bubbly.

I like this better than another BMC's ice beer I think. You're #1 Busch Ice!

1.25/5  rDev -25.1%

Pours a clean/clear yellow color, some carbonation, small white fizzy head, with some minimal sticky lacing left behind. The nose is kinda malty, very slight hop note, mostly grainy/ricey. The taste is kinda sweet, and the usual grain/rice note. Light Body, a thirst quencher, but still a pretty shitty brew. Typical macro.

2.73/5  rDev +63.5%

Thanks to woodychandler for this beer. Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a very pale yellow color with a smallish head. Smell is mostly of corn, a touch of malt. Taste is of grains, corn, alcohol, a slight bitterness at the finish. Feels light in the mouth and has average drinkability. Overall there is nothing special about this beer.

a pale yellow with no head to speak of what so ever, really just a clear, over carbonated mess of a look for me. but a trudge on. weak grains, touches of light corn and bready notes abound here, again not that i was expecting a ton of wonderful flavor here, but it could have been more then the wet cardboard that i got. clean and crisp, light feel worked for the style and it went down smooth and easy,

2.78/5  rDev +66.5%

I CAN't believe how long it has taken to unearth this gem in support of The CANQuest (TM)! One of my more regular traders noticed it on my Wants and sent some along for my CANsumption. Now, if I could just lay hands on the still-elusive Beer:30 in a CAN, I'd be making significant progress. Or not ...

From the CAN: "Ice Brewed For Exceptional Smoothness"; "One of the World's Largest Recyclers". I CAN definitely get behind that last bit!

The Crack & Glug went off without a hitch and I was looking at two very foamy fingers of bone-white head with lousy retention. It disappeared as quickly as any of my students when the bell rings. Bye! The color was a pale sunshine-yellow and I might have mistaken it for a light version of a beer, had I not been able to read that it was an Ice version. The nose was just more of the same ol' same old. Same beer, different day. I CANnot understand how I used to enjoy such things in my youth. It smelled like silage, plain and simple. More corn than a hog could eat from its trough over an entire summer. Blah! And yet, it is stylistically correct. Oof. It is sometimes enough to make me regret this undertaking. Mouthfeel was medium with a slight lager sweetness underlain by corn and cotton candy. How do they make this swill?!? It should not taste like this and yet so many do! Finish was indeed smooth, given that I did not have to choke it down, but neither was it terribly pleasurable. It was what I imagine drinking Liquid Oxygen (LOX) would be like. Cold, semi-dry, liquid, but not much beyond that. I would not bother seeking this out, nor taking up valuable cooler space.

Busch Ice from Anheuser-Busch