Busch Ice - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.90% ABV

Busch Ice is a smooth-tasting ice beer. It is brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 04-25-2002)

I had not had drunk an "ice beer" in awhile and it's better than my vague memory of Keystone Ice but definately not as good as Molson Ice oh well it was cheap (99c a pint) having it really cold made it palatable but don't c myself getting it again. Not recommended under normal circumstances.

marc956, Dec 05, 2011

zoso1967, Dec 05, 2011
2.42/5  rDev +45.8%

Poured into a pint glass.

Pale yellow, immediately disappearing head, fizzy.

Smell like corn and metal.

It tastes better than I expected. It's got a big adjunct flavor and a touch of hop bitterness.

It's watery and bubbly.

I like this better than another BMC's ice beer I think. You're #1 Busch Ice!

TippySelenoid, Dec 03, 2011

hncowden50, Nov 21, 2011

jrutigs, Nov 16, 2011

ROGUE16, Nov 16, 2011

bmur112, Nov 15, 2011

Pours a clean/clear yellow color, some carbonation, small white fizzy head, with some minimal sticky lacing left behind. The nose is kinda malty, very slight hop note, mostly grainy/ricey. The taste is kinda sweet, and the usual grain/rice note. Light Body, a thirst quencher, but still a pretty shitty brew. Typical macro.

Wasatch, May 20, 2011
2.73/5  rDev +64.5%

Thanks to woodychandler for this beer. Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a very pale yellow color with a smallish head. Smell is mostly of corn, a touch of malt. Taste is of grains, corn, alcohol, a slight bitterness at the finish. Feels light in the mouth and has average drinkability. Overall there is nothing special about this beer.

tone77, Mar 12, 2011

a pale yellow with no head to speak of what so ever, really just a clear, over carbonated mess of a look for me. but a trudge on. weak grains, touches of light corn and bready notes abound here, again not that i was expecting a ton of wonderful flavor here, but it could have been more then the wet cardboard that i got. clean and crisp, light feel worked for the style and it went down smooth and easy,

mikesgroove, Mar 05, 2011
2.78/5  rDev +67.5%

I CAN't believe how long it has taken to unearth this gem in support of The CANQuest (TM)! One of my more regular traders noticed it on my Wants and sent some along for my CANsumption. Now, if I could just lay hands on the still-elusive Beer:30 in a CAN, I'd be making significant progress. Or not ...

From the CAN: "Ice Brewed For Exceptional Smoothness"; "One of the World's Largest Recyclers". I CAN definitely get behind that last bit!

The Crack & Glug went off without a hitch and I was looking at two very foamy fingers of bone-white head with lousy retention. It disappeared as quickly as any of my students when the bell rings. Bye! The color was a pale sunshine-yellow and I might have mistaken it for a light version of a beer, had I not been able to read that it was an Ice version. The nose was just more of the same ol' same old. Same beer, different day. I CANnot understand how I used to enjoy such things in my youth. It smelled like silage, plain and simple. More corn than a hog could eat from its trough over an entire summer. Blah! And yet, it is stylistically correct. Oof. It is sometimes enough to make me regret this undertaking. Mouthfeel was medium with a slight lager sweetness underlain by corn and cotton candy. How do they make this swill?!? It should not taste like this and yet so many do! Finish was indeed smooth, given that I did not have to choke it down, but neither was it terribly pleasurable. It was what I imagine drinking Liquid Oxygen (LOX) would be like. Cold, semi-dry, liquid, but not much beyond that. I would not bother seeking this out, nor taking up valuable cooler space.

woodychandler, Mar 04, 2011
2.75/5  rDev +65.7%

A - Pale yellow color. about a half inch of head.

S - Bit of a bitter smell.

T - Not great. Strong aftertaste

M - Bubbly, not much body.

D - Well you typically don't drink ice beers for the taste, it's usually to get the job done quicker and this beer will help you do that.

richkrull, Jan 06, 2011

A- Thin watery pale yellow with frothy head that fades fast but has ok lace.

S- Faint hints of corn adjuncts, rice, funk, and sweet malt

T- Watery with hints of sweet corn and musty funk hops. Mostly taste like water. You have to try really hard to taste the hints.

M- Thin, fizzy, watery

D- This is a drain pour. If you must drink it, I suggest doing a shotgun.

JayS2629, Jan 05, 2011
1.65/5  rDev -0.6%

Well for its class its only moderately as disappointing as I thought it would be.
Pours a straw color, small head, no lacing.
Smells of corn and grassy booze.
Tastes of weird dried fruits and corny/ricey flavors with a major blandness shining through.
Thin mouthfeel that is unacceptable.
Not very drinkable, could not drink on a normal basis.

TheKingofWichita, Oct 07, 2010
3.78/5  rDev +127.7%

Busch Ice (not available in Louisiana) has a faint, almost neutral aroma and a clear, straw color, which is standard for this genre. The flavor is nice and mild, and mouth feel is moderate. The above-average alcohol level gives the drinker a comforting feeling. I'd say that this rather rare beer is above average in its class. I wish it was more widely available. I've only seen it in St. Louis, Missouri and Memphis, Tennessee.
RJT

RonaldTheriot, Feb 13, 2010

Poured from a 24 ounce can with born on date on the bottom of the can. Do you think freshness matters cuz my can said born on Sept 08. Poured into a pint glass no head. Very little carbonation. Straw yellow color. I drank this very cold cuz I figured its an ice beer I should drink it ice cold. Not much flavor other than rice and corn. Went down pretty smooth and fast.

mtnbikerpa, Jan 29, 2010
2.17/5  rDev +30.7%

Appearance is a light yellow with no head. Smell is a grainy, corny adjunct aroma. Taste has a corny adjunct sweetness with a light alchohol bite. Mouthfeel, considering, has good body and carbonation. The mouthfeel has the only thing really going for this beer, although the alchohol helps. I bought this as a single to try and I think I'll keep it that way.

Bookseeb, Nov 07, 2009
2.2/5  rDev +32.5%

This beer has a past for me. It's one for those "holy grail" types for me(shitty beers that are hard to find).I used to purchase this gem back in 2002-2003. I was the life of the party with peoples reaction of"Holy shit, Busch ICE??" &"That stuff exists?"So it was always fun to bring excitement to party in that aspect. To be blunt about Busch ICE its not that good. Of course is a good punch your car keys in the side of the can and slam 'em down kinda beer. You wont cry over spilled beer on this one. As for the taste, well..hummmm?....kinda like natural ice but with a hint of cherry and clove and some smells of...Its tastes like cheap, get drunk, and have a good time beer. I don't think I need to get into flavors and stuff It would just be...wrong. So with that said, CHEERS!

sociallooter, Oct 10, 2009
2.25/5  rDev +35.5%

Poured from a 24 ounce can into a pint glass.

Appearance: Big frothy white head. Pale golden body. Carbonation is pretty wimpy. Lacing is damn fine. Can't really knock this beer for it's appearance, it looks pretty good.

Smell: Adjuctilicious? Definitely a corn adjunct lager by the smell. Sugary sweet aroma. Not offensive, but it doesn't particularly make me want to drink it either.

Taste: All the great taste of an corn adjunct lager that us BA's love(sarcasm) in a more concentrated and alcoholic form. No bitterness to speak of.

Mouthfeel: Desperately needs stronger carbonation.

I think I'm gonna end up drain pouring about 2/3rds of this can.

BierFan, Sep 11, 2009
3.48/5  rDev +109.6%

12oz can
Served in a nonic

A - It pours yellow in color and is crystal clear. It is topped with over an inch of fluffy white head.

S - It smells sweet like most macros.

T - It tastes rather bland. It is a little sweet, but there is not a whole lot of flavor.

M - Thin

O - I find it quite drinkable for a house beer. I usually drink this or Busch after a sixer of some good stuff. It helps polish off the night.

buschbeer, Aug 03, 2009
3.03/5  rDev +82.5%

Found this in a gas station ice trough, I have never seen Busch ice before and I drank more than my fair share of Busch products in college. Pours a light gold color with a typical rapidly failing, large-bubbled head. It is a bit darker than most macros though.

Slightly skunky, slightly fruity Busch nose...only kicked up a couple notches. A bit of cooked vegetables in there, mostly corn and a mild herbal note that might possibly resemble a couple hop cones.

Whats this? Flavor? Its true. Grainy, sweet malts and a dry, boozy alcohol taste. This beer might feel more comfortable in a 40oz clear glass bottle than this tall-boy can. I did not say it was good flavor, but flavor it has nonetheless. I do not really mind drinking this beer. Some of these ice beers are not that bad, for a AAL you could do much worse and still not catch a buzz.

twiggamortis420, Jul 21, 2009
2.45/5  rDev +47.6%

It has a sweet and fruity and highly adjunct aroma. The body is a golden almost brass color that is very clear. There is a lot of head but that goes away fast to make some thin lacing. It has basic flavor that is also very sweet and adjunct. It is not bitter at all. This beer reminds me a lot of watered down malt liquor. It is very plain. I will say that the mouthfeel is pretty smooth.

MTNboy, Dec 25, 2008