Join our email list →

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States | website

American Adjunct Lager | 5.90% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 04-25-2002

Busch Ice is a smooth-tasting ice beer. It is brewed with a blend of premium American-grown and imported hops and a combination of malt and corn to provide a pleasant balanced flavor.
firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last

Well since I am not far removed from my frat days I thought I would put in my two cents. Straw pale white head mild corn malt smell with wet cardboard in there. The taste is intense sweet followed with a horrid wet cardboard and that taste I associate with the 3am results of my frat benges. very bad even for a macro. The reason I brew my own

1.6/5  rDev -24.2%

The beer leaves the can a light gold with a moderate sized whit semi-creamy head and the left over lace a thin coating upon the glass. Nose is malt, crisp and clean, start is lightly sweet with the top thin as water. Finish is strict in its acidity, the hops meek and the aftertaste dry as a desert summer. Been four plus years since I gagged one of these down.

1.58/5  rDev -25.1%

Some friends left this in my fridge. Really. But I'm too damn cheap to throw it away. So, after pouring, I'd wished I'd left it in the can. Its shockingly clear, but has marvelous carbonation, and a quick, clean head. The aroma is somewhat corn-like and canny(?).

The taste is much to write about. Its got a very simple profile, like straining beer over the tongue. There are lots of subtle off flavors, but nothing too offensive. What is surprising is how quickly the beer makes my feel bloated, gassy. Possibly due to the speed with which I drank it.

2.6/5  rDev +23.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Pours a macro yellow with a white head, nothing much to offer but a 5.9 abv. Nothing I would write home about. But nothing that is totally objectionable. It is cheap,and available everywhere. I would drink this beer on a hot summer day when I am short on cash.

1.1/5  rDev -47.9%

Terrible. Burnt corn taste mixed with rubbing alcohol. Absolutely awful. I'd drink any 40 of malt liquor before I touch this again. Sometimes, I wonder why I try these low-end beers. Every once in awhile you find a diamond in the rough, but this is just rough, period.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last