Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry - Anheuser-Busch

Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate RaspberryMichelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry delivers a unique berry aroma that finishes with a hint of pomegranate.

(Beer added by: Frozensoul327 on 04-12-2007)

1.25/5  rDev -41.3%

I actually had hopes for this one b/c I like pomegranate water and was thinking it would taste like this but w/ alcohol. Dead wrong. It's not even a chick beer as the girl I bought it for drank twice as me (two sips to my one) before dumping it down the sink. It is a straw gold bodied beer that is thin and watery and designed to go down nice and easy with sweet razz/pom taste. Instead, it is a little sour and sharp and tastes like a diet cherry 7Up that was left on the counter for awhile. This is really not palatable at all.

1.3/5  rDev -39%

Clear bottle as pictured, part of a make your own sixpack from a local grocery. Pours a clear, pale yellow body alive with active carbonation. Tiny white head quickly vanishes without lacing. Aroma is some kind of berry Pez candy, not a bad smell except for a beverage masquerading as a beer. Very light bodied, very thin actually. Seltzer water carbonation rules the palate, lightly flavored a liquid Pez candy or Jolly Rancher aspect. The artificial fruitiness isn't sickingly sweet, to its credit,but that's about the only thing to recommend it. This might make a good beginner beer for someone who has never had an alcoholic beverage, making me think this is marketed for underage drinkers. Give me some fruit syrup and seltzer water and I could produce something very similar in taste. This Ultra is very forgettable. A waste of money at any price.

1.35/5  rDev -36.6%

12oz bottle into my Stone pint glass. I had this at a friend's birthday in May and it was the most ridiculously horrendous beer I'd had at the point. Had to try it again!

A: Light straw yellow with tremendous clarity and exceptional soda-like head - brilliantly fleeting and soapy white. Woohoo!

S: I'm calling BS on the advertising. This should be Michelob Ultra Raspberry Pomegranate, 'cos honestly, they pom is an after thought. Medicinally artificial raspberry flavor, I'd describe this as one-dimensional if "repulsive" wasn't an aroma description

T: Skunk light lager + artificial raspberry flavor + corn syrup + metallic finish. Need I say more?

M: Soda-like carbonation and horrendously light and watery. Cringe-worthy. Dry finish but it's metallic.

D: Nope, I ain't drinking any more!

1.35/5  rDev -36.6%

Picked this one up cause I'm a sucker for novelty. Out of the bottle this beer was a pale gold color with a fizzy white head that was short lived. It did, however, retain a pure white soap-skim ring that laced tiny bubbles moderately. The aroma was sweet and all raspberry extract. The flavors were at first sweet, the fruit extracts hit me as decent but then it all went south. Stale grain and stale corn. No pomegranate flavor can be pulled out of the raspberry syrup that is stomping all over it. Hops and malt are quashed too. Mouthfeel is very fizzy and a little rough, the body light. To its only credit it is crisp but the aftertaste is unpleasant and metallic so even that's hard to enjoy. I always hate to fail a beer but this one deserves it.

1.43/5  rDev -32.9%

HORRIBLE weak SWILL,DON'T EVEN THINK I CAN USE THIS SLOP FOR A MARINADE!!Always have liked Mick but will NEVER buy it again :Very sad that they have stooped so low,this is just plain undrinkable,lol,Pitiful and sad...Specially since it sells for a premium price! I've learned my lesson the hard way:(

1.45/5  rDev -31.9%

I picked this one up when I made a sampler six pack because it looked interesting as I am a fan of (real) lambics.

A: Almost clear amber, like watered down apple juice

S: Distinct raspberry and pomegranate smell that is appealing, it also has almost a diet soda scent.

T: This is the most disgusting beer I have ever tasted, watery as hell, almost no juice flavor, practically no beer flavor, and it is offensive to the other beers that sit on the self next to it.

M: It honestly feels like you're drinking mineral water, and then you get a nasty aftertaste which I guess could be described as the beer flavor.

D: I somehow managed to choke this down, I would NEVER buy it again and I might ask for my money back. I honestly didn't hate regular Michelob Ultra, which isn't great in its own regrad, but this is a wine cooler trying to be a beer and it just fails miserably.

1.48/5  rDev -30.5%

Bottle@omhpers place

Apperance: Yellowish with a small head.

Aroma: Fruits, Marsipan, Cherries. Very chemical and un-natural.

Flavor: Dr.Pepper mixed with a bit of water anyone ? Raspberry, Caramel, Artificial sweeteners.

Palate: Just dry and boring. Very sweet.

This is more like a soda than a beer and should be avoided.

1.5/5  rDev -29.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

The FDA dictates that chocolate must contain a certain percentage of cacao or it will be called chocolate FLAVORED. I wonder if a similar standard should be applied to beer. There just isn't anything "beery" about this.

a: This is barely tinted, a faint yellowish color. It pours with a little short lived fizz.

s: Mild artificial raspberry. Smells a bit like Smarties. Not a trace of beer.

t: Cloyingly sweet fake fruit flavors. No beer here either.

m: Slightly fizzy and very thin.

d: I admit that this doesn't taste absolutely horrible, it just doesn't taste like beer at all.

1.5/5  rDev -29.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Sampled tonight on 5/25/14. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a vintage Michelob thumbprint glass goblet.

Pours a very light straw yellow in color with a very small fizzy white head. No lacing is seen to mention. The aroma is better than the taste and is of some sweet fruits. The taste is well...really bad! Like drinking a lightly flavored club soda or seltzer water. Way to much carbonation, and even more than other Bud products. Overall, I will not be drinking this one again!

1.55/5  rDev -27.2%

Ultra light in color, almost white. Little white fizzy head disappears quickly. Lots of CO2. Smells a lot like flavored seltzer, lighting up the nose. Not recognizable as pomegranate or raspberry but fruity in nature.

Tastes like flavored seltzer, and mildly flavored at that. Literally like those zero calorie, zero grams of fat seltzers that all all fizz and a little bit of flavor. It's hard to say this would be recognizable as beer. I have never had the straight Mich Ultra. so I don't even know if that tastes like beer.

No feel to speak of unless you like bubbles.

Drinkable? How can you deny it? Drinkable as beer...NFW.

1.58/5  rDev -25.8%

Pours a extremely pale golden color. A fluffy two finger tall head perches itself for longer than expected ,and then leaves lots of lacing(probably from the sugary additives). This nose is sweet,not in a good way. Very artificial and reminiscent of sugary pixi-stix,good when your an adolescent,not good when they combine it with beer. The flavors are much the same. Quite offensive in my opinion,reminds me of watered down Clearly Canadian. Very thin and watery,though the carbonation is somewhat acceptable. The finish is of sticky artificial sweetener and candy corn. This is horrible...no wonder my girlfriend loves it.

1.6/5  rDev -24.9%