1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry - Anheuser-Busch

Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate RaspberryMichelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry delivers a unique berry aroma that finishes with a hint of pomegranate.

(Beer added by: Frozensoul327 on 04-12-2007)
View: Beers (75) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 169 | Reviews: 93 | Show All Ratings:
OzarkElmo

Missouri

2.42/5  rDev +12.6%

Bottle pour into shaker Aug. 14, 2009. Pours mostly pale yellow with very thin white head. At least there was some aroma to this - basically a water light beer with flavor added. Not too bad after 18 holes of golf on a hot summer day. Not much here,but it was better than regular Ultra or B. Light.

09-06-2009 02:39:16 | More by OzarkElmo
Bamabrew22

Alabama

1.78/5  rDev -17.2%

This was free at a recent marathon runner's expo. Normally, the best tasting beer is free beer, but that does not really apply to this beer. Poured a pale, translucent gold with a smallish wispy head. Head quickly disappears. Pomegranate raspberry highlights the nose and taste of this brew, both vying for your attention. Really light, ultra light on taste. Mostly just overcarbonation and alcohol is all you notice. Would drink again if free, but doubtful that I'd ever purposely purchase this one.

02-11-2008 19:18:28 | More by Bamabrew22
barleyman

Georgia

2.55/5  rDev +18.6%

Poured from the clear glass 12 oz. bottle into my straight sided glass tumbler. The appearance is quite light straw colored, and the smell is quite good, very fruity. The taste is exactly the same as the smell, fruity, with no hop or malt whatsoever. Mouthfeel is very light, and drinkability is good with very little heaviness or aftertaste at all.

Just a thought,

barleyman

01-03-2009 00:27:56 | More by barleyman
SaintPeter

Colorado

3.15/5  rDev +46.5%

"Light Beer with Natural Flavor" Rev. 7/8/09 Date on bottle "09127" 4.2%

In a clear bottle, first bad sign. It is a light yellow color, almost like urine from a person that is slightly dehydrated. I'm not judging until I try it. Pours crystal clear, light yellow with a soapy very white head that dies down quickly leaving nothing on the glass. Medium carbonation, I have never seen a beer this clear.

Strong, sweet raspberry and fruity nose. Smells exactly like a raspberry flavored soda, you can't pick out the beer at all. I guess that is what they are going for. The fruit aroma smells like real fruit, not syrupy or artificial. Very nice if you like raspberries and fruitiness. Keep in mind this is a "Pomegranate Raspberry" beer and should be fruity.

The taste is very watered down, not like the aroma, that prepares you for a really fruity taste. The beer is in the taste, but the light, typically Bud flavor is hidden in part by the fruit flavor. The fruit makes its appearance in the middle as it going down and tapers off leaving a pleasant beer aftertaste, clean and crisp. The fruit is very muted and does not overpower, as the smell would insinuate.

Kind of grainy/foamy in the mouth, medium bodied (surprisingly!) but a little foamy if you swirl it around in your mouth at all. Fills you up, this foaminess does.

It is light in all aspects: flavor, beer taste, fruitiness; making it very easy to consume. A good balance between beer and fruit, not one controls the taste. I have to say, I am not disgusted as I thought I was going to be. I could see a non-beer drinker actually liking this and putting down the Boones Farm to try something less sweet. Doesn't seem like there is much alcohol in there...just like a raspberry soda!

I disregarded the fact that this was a Michelob, as most people who reviewed it did not and thus decided it was going to be bad before consuming it. It's not that terrible, very drinkable, but shouldn't be considered beer.

07-22-2009 21:28:15 | More by SaintPeter
Chadpaq

2.38/5  rDev +10.7%

Poured out to reveal a color that closely resembles the color of the piss I take after a night of heavy drinking. Dehydrated. Burns a bit. Oh well.

Smells pretty good. Kind of nostalgic, like some sort of strawberry candy I enjoyed in my youth.

Taste was essentially a Michelob Ultra that had a few strawberries soaked in it. Some fake, plasticine berries. Kinda delicious, for the same reasons that Cook Out tastes so good when you're hammered.

Bubbly! Great carbonation. Felt decent in my mouth.

Went down smooth, but god, 4 percent alcohol? I wouldn't get a buzz off of 12.

Pretty sucky. But drinkable.

03-06-2010 02:47:29 | More by Chadpaq
ProfessorHomer

1.88/5  rDev -12.6%

Overview: yet another "Frankenstein" Ultra beer: made of parts. Looks kinda like beer, tastes kinda like beer; but this ain't no beer.

It is like a "beverage" as in "malted beverage". Sticky sweet. Not as bad tasting as their Lime/Cactus or Orange/Grapefruit abominations, but not at all good.

Unless you like a brief "Pez candy" taste, it really has no taste. On a positive note, it is carbonated.

These Ultra "experiments" should never be recreated by mankind. Ever. There oughta be a law...

And I do believe that their original regular Ultra certainly does have a place on the great beer shelf of life.

10-28-2008 13:51:52 | More by ProfessorHomer
BEERME528

Missouri

2.65/5  rDev +23.3%

Just like the ULTRA Dragon Fruit Peach, this does not taste like beer, but rather a fruity soda of some sort. So if this is what you look for in a beer, you might enjoy this. Pomegranate is a unique flavor for a beer which is why I gave this a shot. It has an extremely light color and will not fill you up while it refreshes you on a hot summer afternoon.

07-27-2011 13:49:10 | More by BEERME528
chadjulius

Washington

2.28/5  rDev +6%

More alcoholic juice than beer. It's light, tastes and smells fruity, and goes down fairly easy, but you don't want to have too many or you will get sick to the stomach. It does not go well with food either. But its light and tastes OK. Good for those who don't like actual beer, but like to pretend they do, I guess.

09-07-2010 16:54:18 | More by chadjulius
runesead

appearance: Soda like carbonation and a pale yellow transparency.

Smell: I smelled a slightly fruity light beer. Very plain and uninspired.

taste: Tasted like a watered down fruity soda. sour and not in a complex and crafty way. Tastes bland and artificial

mouthfeel: Water. No lingering notes.

Drinkability: This beer gets staler as you go.

A better version of Michelob Ultra, but the bar is set pretty low

07-14-2009 01:08:11 | More by runesead
oldcrustacean

Connecticut

I used to be into big beers... but my palate has changed over the years. Now I enjoy light, refreshing fruit beers. Especially after a long bike ride.

This brew is delicious! I'll be drinking many more this summer. It's just as tasty as other fruit beers, but not as heavy!

04-28-2008 21:06:07 | More by oldcrustacean
mcampanella

Kentucky

1.08/5  rDev -49.8%

Bottle into Clear Glass

Appearance - The only thing reminiscent of a beer is the color, and even that is a ridiculous cliche of what beer should look like. Head? What head? This beer produces a little bit of foam, that quickly settles. Incredibly filtered, completely transparent. I can see the bubbles fizzling way more than you should with a beer. This looks just like a yellow soft drink, like a golden Mello Yello or something.

Smell - If I could give this a zero I would. Strong pungent fruity smell. How they can market this product as beer is beyond me. At this point, I'm thinking of canceling the review because I DO NOT want to drink this.

Taste - Simply the worst beverage I have ever ingested. Simple as that. I am an extremely respectful reviewer, but in the same way that a reviewer should "respect beer," by the same token, beer manufacturers should "respect drinkers." This is irresponsible. Completely and utterly undrinkable. I want to brush my teeth after just a SIP.

Mouthfeel - the carbonation is O.K. but excessive.

Drinkability - this beer is simply stupid. i cannot imagine who would voluntarily purchase this. This is the most yuppie concoction ever produced. Pomegranate beer....I have officially seen it all. I have never thrown a six pack away, but I am throwing bottles away as we speak. You've been warned, it's really that bad.

04-22-2009 23:49:20 | More by mcampanella
TenEighty

1.45/5  rDev -32.6%

I picked this one up when I made a sampler six pack because it looked interesting as I am a fan of (real) lambics.

A: Almost clear amber, like watered down apple juice

S: Distinct raspberry and pomegranate smell that is appealing, it also has almost a diet soda scent.

T: This is the most disgusting beer I have ever tasted, watery as hell, almost no juice flavor, practically no beer flavor, and it is offensive to the other beers that sit on the self next to it.

M: It honestly feels like you're drinking mineral water, and then you get a nasty aftertaste which I guess could be described as the beer flavor.

D: I somehow managed to choke this down, I would NEVER buy it again and I might ask for my money back. I honestly didn't hate regular Michelob Ultra, which isn't great in its own regrad, but this is a wine cooler trying to be a beer and it just fails miserably.

09-23-2008 16:23:00 | More by TenEighty
Corvato

North Dakota

1.7/5  rDev -20.9%

As a person who doesn't care for the majority of beers, and stick with the flavored/spiced/fruit beers, i was looking forwared to tasting this.

poured bright unnatural yellow, with a head that looked more like a soda than a beer.

smelled like artificial raspberries

tasted like a light, watered down beer and artificial raspberries, couldn't taste any pomegranate.

mouthfeel felt OK, a little more fizzy than average, but acceptable

not what i consider drinkable... as soon as i finished a bottle, i wased it down with a different beer or some soda, just to get that artifical taste out of my mouth.

09-22-2008 13:19:47 | More by Corvato
Carl_R

Oklahoma

1.95/5  rDev -9.3%

Out of all of the other beers produced by the big 3 brewers I like Michelob the best, however this beer does not have any balance the flavors just do not work together at all. It tastes like they just added fruit flavorings to a beer. This is not something I would try again.

07-20-2013 02:35:49 | More by Carl_R
PeskySaurus

Colorado

4.1/5  rDev +90.7%

Michelob Ultra in general isn't the worst beer in the world, but it's definitely not the best. The flavor in this version of the beer is much stronger then say, the orange taste in Blue Moon. It tastes really good, but it's definitely a girly drink. Not as sweet as a sugary Malt Liquor drink, but it's still a fairly powerful Raspberry taste. I would recommend this if you're drinking with a female friend or something, as it is fairly easy to get down.

Over all, it tastes good, but it's a girly flavored drink... not a real manly beer, even for snotty connoisseurs.

09-28-2010 00:29:22 | More by PeskySaurus
Srene

1.43/5  rDev -33.5%

HORRIBLE weak SWILL,DON'T EVEN THINK I CAN USE THIS SLOP FOR A MARINADE!!Always have liked Mick but will NEVER buy it again :Very sad that they have stooped so low,this is just plain undrinkable,lol,Pitiful and sad...Specially since it sells for a premium price! I've learned my lesson the hard way:(

05-28-2012 21:59:34 | More by Srene
Draftrider

1.8/5  rDev -16.3%

Have to admit..Michelob has always (in my eyes) been a fairly decent "American" beer...But..We just bought a 6 pack of the Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry and are so disappointed we have no idea what to do with the ones we have left..What a watery worthless experience these were!!..Bad enough that a Scot like myself turned down a 2nd one and my wife barely got through half of the first..If this is America's idea of an "Ultra" beer...I think I'm gonna start going tea-total!!! Sheeesh
Its is so tasteless that I have no idea why people will drink it...First impression is that it will be good...Smells kinda of nice but however I tried to keep an open mind I couldn't think of anything good to say about this..Truth be known I have drank Fruit/water drinks that have been better.
No taste,No after taste..I believe the only thing I can say on the up-side is that it doesn't "Fill you up" like a regular beer..
This is definitely a mistake I will not make again!!

05-28-2012 22:08:42 | More by Draftrider
SwanGirl

This is my favorite summertime beer. My friends and I always take a cooler full to the beach! I have had such a hard time finding it this year. I have heard people say they are going to be discontinuing it...I will be devastated! DON'T TAKE OUR FAVORITE SUMMER BEER AWAY! We LOVE IT!!! :-)

07-30-2013 14:50:58 | More by SwanGirl