Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry - Anheuser-Busch

Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate RaspberryMichelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: Frozensoul327 on 04-12-2007

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry delivers a unique berry aroma that finishes with a hint of pomegranate.
firstprev| 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100  | next → last
1.78/5  rDev -20.2%

a bright and clear yellow color with immediately dissolving head that reduces to the look of spit floating on the glass. lots of carbonation bubbles.

you ever smell clearly canadian? this smells exactly like flavored water. would smell good, for water, but it is supposed to be beer. normal beer scents, like hops and malt, are utterly non-existent.

crisp, clean flavor of...you guessed it, flavored water. the aftertaste is a mingle of artificial raspberry and the slightest yeast flavor. this is great tasting water. it is poor tasting beer.

the feel is really light and crisp, almost how i wish many lagers and pilsners could feel. not much to it, but completely unoffensive.

not beer. is this non-alcoholic? there is not an alcohol flavor to be had. there is nary a typical beer flavor also, so it goes without saying. i would put this in plastic bottles and have them iced for after a basketball game. thirst quenching, but far from scratching my itch for an actual beer. (980 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -21.5%

Beer one of the trifecta sample set of the Pomegranate, Tuscan & Cactus – from worst to best IMO.

Poured a weak and lame fizzy light amber, dead white head and no lacing. Raspberry Kool-Aid aroma and taste. This stuff is like weak, opened day old soda. I’ve had bottled soda water with more wallop than this crappola.

Just pathetically weak, this stuff is an embarrassment to the craft world of beer – have a gin and tonic instead.

Comes in a clear bottle, but since there’s no beer in here – no light struck worries. (526 characters)

1.75/5  rDev -21.5%

12 oz clear bottle poured into pint glass

A: Crystal clear gold color, lots of carbonation bubbling about as soon as it is poured, the head foams up and then dissipates instantly just like a soda would, reminds me of pouring ginger ale

S: Fruity and syrupy, very distinct raspberry and pomegranates though, at least it smells like the fruit it was supposed to, however it is pretty much just flavored sugar

T: Nothing that reminds me of a beer, thats what I thought this was supposed to be, it tastes like flavored water

M: Pretty much carbonated water

D: I don't even know what to say to this...could you physically drink a bottle, yes, would you want to, hell no

Notes: There isn't much to say about this. It is pretty much michelob ultra with just some kind of flavoring agent added that takes what little flavor it had to begin with and covers it up completely. You'd be better off with a raspberry wine cooler. (922 characters)

1.72/5  rDev -22.9%

this got left at my house a few weeks back and curiousity got the best of me.

pours out a crystal clear very pale gold colour with out much head and therefore extremely little lace left. aroma is mostly raspberries and maybe a little kiwi or something...i suppose the pomegranate. seltzer water with a bit of fruit flavoring and a distinct metallic twang in the taste department. very little malt character and even less hopping. mouthfeel is crisp with a carbonated bite that tingles the tongue. overall body is very lean and lacking. about what i expected. drinkability is therefore low...very low. although if someone handed me one of these ice cold on a hot scorching afternoon after a day of doing concrete work, i could probably pound it down in three gulps and let out a massive belch with an "oh yeah!"

otherwise avoid.

definitely marketed towards women and maybe the female fitness crowd. (901 characters)

1.71/5  rDev -23.3%

Had a chance to try this a few days ago. Thankfully, the store let me buy a single bottle.

It neither looks, smells, nor has a mouthfeel similar to beer ... other than perhaps other similar "ultra"/"low carb" beers. Almost more like flavored club soda with beer-like tastes.

The fruit flavoring wasn't overpowering, which, frankly, was surprising. I'm not sure what they were going for here. If I wanted a fruit flavored alcoholic drink with carbonation, this wouldn't be my choice, and if I specifically want a beer with fruit characteristics, this wouldn't be my choice either. (581 characters)

1.61/5  rDev -27.8%

Pours a extremely pale golden color. A fluffy two finger tall head perches itself for longer than expected ,and then leaves lots of lacing(probably from the sugary additives). This nose is sweet,not in a good way. Very artificial and reminiscent of sugary pixi-stix,good when your an adolescent,not good when they combine it with beer. The flavors are much the same. Quite offensive in my opinion,reminds me of watered down Clearly Canadian. Very thin and watery,though the carbonation is somewhat acceptable. The finish is of sticky artificial sweetener and candy corn. This is horrible...no wonder my girlfriend loves it. (623 characters)

1.58/5  rDev -29.1%

Ultra light in color, almost white. Little white fizzy head disappears quickly. Lots of CO2. Smells a lot like flavored seltzer, lighting up the nose. Not recognizable as pomegranate or raspberry but fruity in nature.

Tastes like flavored seltzer, and mildly flavored at that. Literally like those zero calorie, zero grams of fat seltzers that all all fizz and a little bit of flavor. It's hard to say this would be recognizable as beer. I have never had the straight Mich Ultra. so I don't even know if that tastes like beer.

No feel to speak of unless you like bubbles.

Drinkable? How can you deny it? Drinkable as beer...NFW. (631 characters)

1.55/5  rDev -30.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Sampled tonight on 5/25/14. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a vintage Michelob thumbprint glass goblet.

Pours a very light straw yellow in color with a very small fizzy white head. No lacing is seen to mention. The aroma is better than the taste and is of some sweet fruits. The taste is well...really bad! Like drinking a lightly flavored club soda or seltzer water. Way to much carbonation, and even more than other Bud products. Overall, I will not be drinking this one again! (518 characters)

1.54/5  rDev -30.9%

I picked this one up when I made a sampler six pack because it looked interesting as I am a fan of (real) lambics.

A: Almost clear amber, like watered down apple juice

S: Distinct raspberry and pomegranate smell that is appealing, it also has almost a diet soda scent.

T: This is the most disgusting beer I have ever tasted, watery as hell, almost no juice flavor, practically no beer flavor, and it is offensive to the other beers that sit on the self next to it.

M: It honestly feels like you're drinking mineral water, and then you get a nasty aftertaste which I guess could be described as the beer flavor.

D: I somehow managed to choke this down, I would NEVER buy it again and I might ask for my money back. I honestly didn't hate regular Michelob Ultra, which isn't great in its own regrad, but this is a wine cooler trying to be a beer and it just fails miserably. (877 characters)

1.51/5  rDev -32.3%

HORRIBLE weak SWILL,DON'T EVEN THINK I CAN USE THIS SLOP FOR A MARINADE!!Always have liked Mick but will NEVER buy it again :Very sad that they have stooped so low,this is just plain undrinkable,lol,Pitiful and sad...Specially since it sells for a premium price! I've learned my lesson the hard way:( (300 characters)

1.51/5  rDev -32.3%

Bottle@omhpers place

Apperance: Yellowish with a small head.

Aroma: Fruits, Marsipan, Cherries. Very chemical and un-natural.

Flavor: Dr.Pepper mixed with a bit of water anyone ? Raspberry, Caramel, Artificial sweeteners.

Palate: Just dry and boring. Very sweet.

This is more like a soda than a beer and should be avoided. (328 characters)

1.5/5  rDev -32.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

The FDA dictates that chocolate must contain a certain percentage of cacao or it will be called chocolate FLAVORED. I wonder if a similar standard should be applied to beer. There just isn't anything "beery" about this.

a: This is barely tinted, a faint yellowish color. It pours with a little short lived fizz.

s: Mild artificial raspberry. Smells a bit like Smarties. Not a trace of beer.

t: Cloyingly sweet fake fruit flavors. No beer here either.

m: Slightly fizzy and very thin.

d: I admit that this doesn't taste absolutely horrible, it just doesn't taste like beer at all. (584 characters)

1.38/5  rDev -38.1%

Picked this one up cause I'm a sucker for novelty. Out of the bottle this beer was a pale gold color with a fizzy white head that was short lived. It did, however, retain a pure white soap-skim ring that laced tiny bubbles moderately. The aroma was sweet and all raspberry extract. The flavors were at first sweet, the fruit extracts hit me as decent but then it all went south. Stale grain and stale corn. No pomegranate flavor can be pulled out of the raspberry syrup that is stomping all over it. Hops and malt are quashed too. Mouthfeel is very fizzy and a little rough, the body light. To its only credit it is crisp but the aftertaste is unpleasant and metallic so even that's hard to enjoy. I always hate to fail a beer but this one deserves it. (752 characters)

1.35/5  rDev -39.5%

Clear bottle as pictured, part of a make your own sixpack from a local grocery. Pours a clear, pale yellow body alive with active carbonation. Tiny white head quickly vanishes without lacing. Aroma is some kind of berry Pez candy, not a bad smell except for a beverage masquerading as a beer. Very light bodied, very thin actually. Seltzer water carbonation rules the palate, lightly flavored a liquid Pez candy or Jolly Rancher aspect. The artificial fruitiness isn't sickingly sweet, to its credit,but that's about the only thing to recommend it. This might make a good beginner beer for someone who has never had an alcoholic beverage, making me think this is marketed for underage drinkers. Give me some fruit syrup and seltzer water and I could produce something very similar in taste. This Ultra is very forgettable. A waste of money at any price. (853 characters)

1.35/5  rDev -39.5%

12oz bottle into my Stone pint glass. I had this at a friend's birthday in May and it was the most ridiculously horrendous beer I'd had at the point. Had to try it again!

A: Light straw yellow with tremendous clarity and exceptional soda-like head - brilliantly fleeting and soapy white. Woohoo!

S: I'm calling BS on the advertising. This should be Michelob Ultra Raspberry Pomegranate, 'cos honestly, they pom is an after thought. Medicinally artificial raspberry flavor, I'd describe this as one-dimensional if "repulsive" wasn't an aroma description

T: Skunk light lager + artificial raspberry flavor + corn syrup + metallic finish. Need I say more?

M: Soda-like carbonation and horrendously light and watery. Cringe-worthy. Dry finish but it's metallic.

D: Nope, I ain't drinking any more! (798 characters)

1.28/5  rDev -42.6%

I actually had hopes for this one b/c I like pomegranate water and was thinking it would taste like this but w/ alcohol. Dead wrong. It's not even a chick beer as the girl I bought it for drank twice as me (two sips to my one) before dumping it down the sink. It is a straw gold bodied beer that is thin and watery and designed to go down nice and easy with sweet razz/pom taste. Instead, it is a little sour and sharp and tastes like a diet cherry 7Up that was left on the counter for awhile. This is really not palatable at all. (530 characters)

1.25/5  rDev -43.9%

My wife picked this up for herself. I tried one. Worst thing I've ever tasted. First sip tasted like slightly fruited seltzer water. Then the fruit went away (quickly) and I was left with a tingle as if I just drank plain seltzer or Club soda. Vile stuff! I don't drink those flavored sparkling waters or Vitamin water etc, but I imagine this is what they taste like. I would have rated this 1 but gave a little extra for at least having a tiny bit or fruit aroma. Barely. (478 characters)

1.11/5  rDev -50.2%

Just had to try one.

A - It poured out a clear, straw yellow. Highly carbonated with a foamy, two-finger head.

S - It smelled of pomegranate and raspberry. Shocking, huh?

T - Tasted just like it smelled. It was very sweet almost Kool-Aid like.

M - It was somewhat crisp. Also, sparkling like a champagne or cider. Very light-bodied.

D - If you like pomegranate juice or raspberry juice then this is for you. Otherwise, if you like beer taste look for something else. (481 characters)

1.1/5  rDev -50.7%

12 oz. bottle. Basically, I think this beer was made for 12 year old girls. Not that I'm mad about that... A friend's girl brought this to our last tasting. I had to try it. Poured a transparent yellow, fizzy white head. It basically tasted like fruity gas-water. Aroma and flavor was raspberry (all artificial). Very, very light on the palate, fizzy. I guess if I were in the desert and had to chose between this and camel piss...I'd chose this. Maybe (452 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -51.6%

Bottle into Clear Glass

Appearance - The only thing reminiscent of a beer is the color, and even that is a ridiculous cliche of what beer should look like. Head? What head? This beer produces a little bit of foam, that quickly settles. Incredibly filtered, completely transparent. I can see the bubbles fizzling way more than you should with a beer. This looks just like a yellow soft drink, like a golden Mello Yello or something.

Smell - If I could give this a zero I would. Strong pungent fruity smell. How they can market this product as beer is beyond me. At this point, I'm thinking of canceling the review because I DO NOT want to drink this.

Taste - Simply the worst beverage I have ever ingested. Simple as that. I am an extremely respectful reviewer, but in the same way that a reviewer should "respect beer," by the same token, beer manufacturers should "respect drinkers." This is irresponsible. Completely and utterly undrinkable. I want to brush my teeth after just a SIP.

Mouthfeel - the carbonation is O.K. but excessive.

Drinkability - this beer is simply stupid. i cannot imagine who would voluntarily purchase this. This is the most yuppie concoction ever produced. Pomegranate beer....I have officially seen it all. I have never thrown a six pack away, but I am throwing bottles away as we speak. You've been warned, it's really that bad. (1,367 characters)

Appearance is of the fizzy yellow beer vein, with a quickly fleeting head. Light specks of lacing left behind. Aroma tart raspberries of the artificial kind at that, smells like candy wheres the beer. Straight up carbonation in flavor with a raspberry syrupy flow, pretty much unbearable. Definitely brought into my home by friends, fizzy thin cloying mouthfeel no thanks. Drinkability this is the worst of the three at least the two citrus based versions were refreshing and no worse than a chill, Bud Light lime, or a Corona with a lime. (539 characters)

firstprev| 26-50 | 51-75 | 76-100  | next → last