Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry - Anheuser-Busch

Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate RaspberryMichelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: Frozensoul327 on 04-12-2007

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry delivers a unique berry aroma that finishes with a hint of pomegranate.

What the what?!?! Who thought this up?!?!?! Disgusting! I am not against fruit flavors in my beer, but this does not work on any level. The flavors clash like a train derailing on my taste buds.

Not worth revisiting. Ever.

1.25/5  rDev -42.1%

My wife picked this up for herself. I tried one. Worst thing I've ever tasted. First sip tasted like slightly fruited seltzer water. Then the fruit went away (quickly) and I was left with a tingle as if I just drank plain seltzer or Club soda. Vile stuff! I don't drink those flavored sparkling waters or Vitamin water etc, but I imagine this is what they taste like. I would have rated this 1 but gave a little extra for at least having a tiny bit or fruit aroma. Barely.

4.47/5  rDev +106.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Light fruity beers are not for everyone. Personally, I can't stand hoppy bitter beers and that seems to be the trend with craft brewers in the US. I prefer lighter sweeter beers. Michelob's Pomegranate Rasberry beer has been my favorite staple beer for years! I love this beer! It's light, sweet and refreshing. Perfect for hot summer days. If I am camping or at a friend's BBQ and plan to be drinking for hours on end, this is the beer I bring. Most hard core beer snobs will cringe at this, but I love to add orange juice and make a beermosa with this beer. Like I said, this beer isn't for everyone and I expect many to turn their nose up at any beer than is light and sweet, but if this is the style your taste buds prefer you will enjoy it.

1.55/5  rDev -28.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Sampled tonight on 5/25/14. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a vintage Michelob thumbprint glass goblet.

Pours a very light straw yellow in color with a very small fizzy white head. No lacing is seen to mention. The aroma is better than the taste and is of some sweet fruits. The taste is well...really bad! Like drinking a lightly flavored club soda or seltzer water. Way to much carbonation, and even more than other Bud products. Overall, I will not be drinking this one again!

3.06/5  rDev +41.7%

A-very clear pale gold color with a white head that just vanishes
S-very sweet grainy pomegranate smell
T-kind of a grainy taste with the pomegranate coming throughout the beer
M-light body with a good amount of carbonation
O-okay beer that was not too sweet, and would be good for a hot summer day

2.33/5  rDev +7.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.25

A: Pours a crystal clear pale yellow in color with significant amounts of active visible carbonation and some faint notes of lemon yellow highlights. The beer has a three finger tall fizzy sudsy bright white head that quickly reduces to a medium sized patch of very thin film and a thin ring at the edges of the glass. Minimal amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Light aromas of artificial raspberry and pomegranate, like you would expect from a candy... very light hints of grainy malts.

T: Upfront there are light to moderate flavors of slightly sweet grainy malts with some moderate flavors of artificial raspberry and hints of pomegranate. Overall this beer is not quite as sweet as I was expecting and there is a strange metallic/artificial flavor that persists after you finish. Light hints of bitterness which fades quickly.

M: Very light bodied with moderate to significant amounts of carbonation. Thin/watery.

O: Not overly offensive but not something that I would ever pick up again - the flavors and aromas are a little too artificial for me. Best served ice cold because the flavors did not improve as this beer warmed up during the drinking.

This is my favorite summertime beer. My friends and I always take a cooler full to the beach! I have had such a hard time finding it this year. I have heard people say they are going to be discontinuing it...I will be devastated! DON'T TAKE OUR FAVORITE SUMMER BEER AWAY! We LOVE IT!!! :-)

2.02/5  rDev -6.5%

Out of all of the other beers produced by the big 3 brewers I like Michelob the best, however this beer does not have any balance the flavors just do not work together at all. It tastes like they just added fruit flavorings to a beer. This is not something I would try again.

2.43/5  rDev +12.5%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

A - light golden yellow with a thin, loose, bubbly head that fizzles away immediately; huge amounts of carbonation rising to the top like soda

S - huge artificial raspberry and pomegranate

T - grainy, syrupy, bitter-sweet, artificial raspberry and pomegranate

M - way over carbonated, very crisp, light bodied

This is what it advertises to be. It's very light and has a fruity flavor. The carbonation is the worst part. It's even worse than the most carbonated soda. I'll won't ever be picking this up again.

2.15/5  rDev -0.5%

This was another single that I came across during a recent shopping trip in support of a CANQuest (TM) trade. Curiosity seems to have gotten the best of me.

Once more, the harder that I poured, the quicker the fizzy, bone-white head seemed to dissipate. Color was a pale yellow with NE-quality clarity and a good bit of carbonation in evidence. Nose was a bit too perfume-like for my taste, certainly of raspberry, but much too sweet, almost like chemically-engineered esters than anything natural. Mouthfeel was thin and watery with a fizziness like pop and a really sweet flavor, again more like pop than beer. It has usually been my experience that raspberries impart a tartness in beer, not the sweetness that this had. Maybe it could be blamed on the pomegranate, but it was just a beer for people who really don't like beer. Finish was still much too sweet for my liking.

1.9/5  rDev -12%

Trying another beer out of the Michelob Ultra pack. This one is Pomegranate Raspberry. I'm not expecting much out of these beers but sheer curiosity has led me to giving them a try. The dragonfruit-peach was almost non-beer like, so we'll see how this one goes...

This beer pours a bright yellow color, and slightly more than finger of foam forms and lasts for almost 2 minutes. Lots of bubbles rising to the top. The aroma is quite sweet, almost fruit-punch like with perhaps a bit of soapiness underneath. The mouthfeel is very fizzy. This beer does have some light grain flavors, more so than the dragonfruit-peach, but the generic sweet berry flavors indeed takes up the entire flavor profile. The sweetness lingers onto the aftertaste, with a hint of futile dryness barely making itself noticeable. The brew concludes with no alcoholic warmth.

I like this one better than the dragonfruit-peach, but it really isn't too close to beer either. These fruit-flavored Michelob Ultras really are for non-beer drinkers.

1.92/5  rDev -11.1%

Have to admit..Michelob has always (in my eyes) been a fairly decent "American" beer...But..We just bought a 6 pack of the Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry and are so disappointed we have no idea what to do with the ones we have left..What a watery worthless experience these were!!..Bad enough that a Scot like myself turned down a 2nd one and my wife barely got through half of the first..If this is America's idea of an "Ultra" beer...I think I'm gonna start going tea-total!!! Sheeesh
Its is so tasteless that I have no idea why people will drink it...First impression is that it will be good...Smells kinda of nice but however I tried to keep an open mind I couldn't think of anything good to say about this..Truth be known I have drank Fruit/water drinks that have been better.
No taste,No after taste..I believe the only thing I can say on the up-side is that it doesn't "Fill you up" like a regular beer..
This is definitely a mistake I will not make again!!

1.51/5  rDev -30.1%

HORRIBLE weak SWILL,DON'T EVEN THINK I CAN USE THIS SLOP FOR A MARINADE!!Always have liked Mick but will NEVER buy it again :Very sad that they have stooped so low,this is just plain undrinkable,lol,Pitiful and sad...Specially since it sells for a premium price! I've learned my lesson the hard way:(

2.32/5  rDev +7.4%

Poured into a pint glass.

It's golden and unusually clear. Foamy white head that doesn't last.

Smells like pomegranates and raspberries. This is absurd! Not much else.

It tastes like a dry soda with pomegranate and raspberry. Not much bitterness or malts.

Very thin and highly carbonated.

Overall, no thanks.

2.7/5  rDev +25%

Appearance: 1/2 inch head, light gold in color, clear, high carbonation

Smell: berry and fruit

Taste: raspberries, blackberries, and a touch of grass. Can’t really taste the pomegranate.

Mouthfeel: high carbonation, light bodied, sweet with a slight bitter spike

Overall: A decent beer that is barely beer enough to not be a wine cooler. Not a fruit drink, but not the first thing I would go for. Of this series, it is probably my least favorite as well.

2.67/5  rDev +23.6%

Just like the ULTRA Dragon Fruit Peach, this does not taste like beer, but rather a fruity soda of some sort. So if this is what you look for in a beer, you might enjoy this. Pomegranate is a unique flavor for a beer which is why I gave this a shot. It has an extremely light color and will not fill you up while it refreshes you on a hot summer afternoon.

2.2/5  rDev +1.9%

Into a pint glass, pale clear yellow color with some fizzy carbonation. Thin fizzy cap quickly fades to nothing. Nose is very sweet, like artificial sweetener. Scent of watermelon Jolly Ranchers and soggy grain. Taste is not as sweet as the nose. Mild berry flavor with a bit of wheaty/bready taste. Mouth is subtly bubbly, very smooth, light, and fizzy. Overall: Flavored malt water. Inoffensive. Sweeter smell than taste. Not very “beer” like at all. This is what I call “chick beer.”

This was “beer” one of three from a 12 pack sampler at a friend’s house. I only drank half of each beer. I can’t imagine anyone who actually likes beer drinking more than that.

2.51/5  rDev +16.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

Thanks to BeerFMAndy for killing me with this one and offering a quasi-refreshing liquid for in between beers at a recent tasting. "Palate cleanser between IH Kryptonite, Lawsons Double Sunshine, HF Double Citra and Abner before Pegs RARE DOS." Thanks for typing that sentence for me, Michael. Also, a bottom 100 tick. Score. Served in a tulip.

Pours a clear golden color with a fizzy white head that dissipates pretty quickly. Nose brings mild pomegranate plus a load of fake raspberry. Flavor is the same plus same grain. Artificial sweetener and a bit of tannin. Not bad as a soda, pretty bad as a beer, though not undrinkable.

I had this quote in my notes, which I must have said: "Doesn't age (aka 2 hours) on my deck very well." Quite true. It certainly got worse as the open bottle sat around in the sun for awhile, though rest assured, I reviewed this under the optimal conditions of it being at its ideal serving temperature, i.e. just above freezing.

2.03/5  rDev -6%

As Mike stated in his review, "Palate cleanser between IH Kryptonite, Lawsons Double Sunshine, HF Double Citra and Abner before Pegs RARE DOS."

Bottle shared by Thorpe, thanks.

Beer is yellow and clear with moderate carbonation but a bad head that manages to halo and leave some lacing on my plastic dixie cup.

Aroma is sweet, sweet, raspberries and whatever other artificial flavorings are in this beer.

Beer is sweet and thin with a grainy / acidic aftertaste. It is basically soda at this point with a beer-y late palate and aftertaste. It is about as far from beer as you can get in aroma and taste and still call it beer. Who is this marketed to? Children?

1.9/5  rDev -12%

We decided we needed a liquid to bridge the gap between the hops and stouts of our tasting. This was the answer. I guess it doesn't look horrible. Berlinner Weiss sort of color, hazy pale gold with a bizarrely attractive and retentive white head. Aroma is effed. Childhood nightmares of coughing attacks and Robitussin return. Flavor is less offensive but we're still trafficking in cough syrup with a raspberry aftertase Um, whatevs.

2.71/5  rDev +25.5%
look: 2 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

12 ounce bottle, picked up a single of this at Liquor Barn. Served in a pint glass, the beer pours a clear straw gold color with about a half inch white head. Pretty much no head retention at all, but there's a decent bit of lacing on the glass. Aroma is sweet and fruity, it smells like candied pomegranates and raspberries. There aren't any "beer-like" aromas, but it does have a nice fruity smell. The brew tastes like slightly watered down pomegranates and raspberries. Mouthfeel/body is light and watery, it has moderate carbonation, it's smooth and it's easy enough to drink. It's an OK fruity drink, but it seems more like a malt beverage than a beer. As much as I hate to say it, I liked it a lot more than I thought I was going to.

2.5/5  rDev +15.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A-Straw yellow coloring. Head falls quite quickly. Almost zero lacing. Fizzy.

S-Completely fake smelling berries. Almost perfumey like. Pretty faint scent too.

T-Tastes just like raspberry-pomegranate seltzer water. Not as sweet as I was expecting. Every sip I just keep thinking...seltzer water. I do like seltzer water though.

M-Light and fizzy. Clean and artificial tasting.

O/D-No dice. Simply not gonna work here. I like the two fruits they chose but this beer kinda blows.

2.29/5  rDev +6%

I am not quite sure what they were trying to dockers. I'm assuming appeal to the female maybe. I know plenty of girls who would hate this. Maybe it's their way of completing with the flavored malt beverages out there. Either way this isn't worth buying. It's still the same boring pale beer now with some watered down added flavors. Blah!

1.78/5  rDev -17.6%

out of the lost notebook, reviewed from notes.

again super light pour with a touch of reddish amber mixed in among the golden light body. small head of white rises up but does not stay long and quickly fades off into nothing. aromas is again fake fruity notes, a touch of tartness though was there i will admit, but it was fleating an just not at all goo. again no aftertaste and the body was like that of water.

thankfully the last one of the night as they were just not good beers, more like wine coolers then beers for me, again just not good.

2.59/5  rDev +19.9%

A- Light pale yellow with small white head that disappears into the overwhelming effervescent bubbles.

S- Faint hint of artificial raspberry. Fruity.

T- Fizzy tonic water with a hint of artificial raspberry and pomegranate.

M- Fizzy. Overly fizzy.

D- Like a soda but less sweet. Tonic water with artificial flavoring and waaaay too much carbonation. Not offensive, but almost.

Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry from Anheuser-Busch