Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry - Anheuser-Busch

Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate RaspberryMichelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry delivers a unique berry aroma that finishes with a hint of pomegranate.

(Beer added by: Frozensoul327 on 04-12-2007)
« first ‹ prev | 126-150 | 151-175 | 176-200  | next › last »
3.23/5  rDev +51.6%

Pomegranate raspberry? In a Michelob? Ok. I'll try to keep an open mind.

Doesn't look like much. Actually, it looks almost exactly like a normal Michelob. Can't say I'm terribly impressed. Smells almost exactly like a wine cooler. That syrupy sweet, overpowering chemical fruit-impostor scent is unmistakable.

Tastes ever so slightly fruity, and slightly astringent. Actually expected a lot more flavor from something that smells so strongly. It is, however, more enjoyable than actually drinking Mic Ultra.

Not sure what to make of this one. It's not undrinkable, but it's pretty far from being good. It's more a beer with no real reason for existing. One can only wonder what Mic was shooting for here.

3.25/5  rDev +52.6%

A: Pours out to a flat and lowly carbonated presentation. Medium yellow color with a short lived foam head, and a total lack of lacing.

S: Strong indications of berries and mild malts. Slightly sweet, and mildly artificial. Still, it's got my interest.

T: Suprisingly well balanced for a light lager which dresses as a fruit beer; mild malt, traces of dry hops, a strong yet not cloying flavor of berries with a natural and mild sweetness. Quite nice.

M: Bubbly. Zesty. Sharp. Very crisp. Light bodied and goes down easy.

D: Average, but considering it came from AB, it's a step in the right direction. They're exploring new territory, which I commend, but why do this beer in a "light" format? Go full flavor and you'll have peoples attention. Worth trying. I could take it or leave it.

3.38/5  rDev +58.7%

Pale yellow colored beer with a rapidly fading head like the kind you would have with soda.Aroma is raspberry.Taste is fruit dominated by the raspberry.It goes down easy and with very little carbonation.Overall I liked it but it's nothing that's going to knock your socks off!!

Photo of
3.5/5  rDev +64.3%

You rated this beer. Add a review.

4.1/5  rDev +92.5%

Michelob Ultra in general isn't the worst beer in the world, but it's definitely not the best. The flavor in this version of the beer is much stronger then say, the orange taste in Blue Moon. It tastes really good, but it's definitely a girly drink. Not as sweet as a sugary Malt Liquor drink, but it's still a fairly powerful Raspberry taste. I would recommend this if you're drinking with a female friend or something, as it is fairly easy to get down.

Over all, it tastes good, but it's a girly flavored drink... not a real manly beer, even for snotty connoisseurs.

4.22/5  rDev +98.1%

I just recently tried some Michelob Bavarian Style Hefe Weizen and it knocked my socks off, so I went to Jacks to pick up a case of it. Two bottles were missing from one of the 6'ers, so I was thinking about what to fill the void with when I saw these barely-21 chicks each pick-up a 6'er of this stuff. "It's so awesome!", they said, so what the hell. I'm game. Pours out to a crystal clear peach-accented golden, forming a soapy white head which quickly dissipates into a tiny petri-dish scum of foam. The aroma is overwhelmingly fruity...no mistaking it, there is pomegranate and raspberry in here. It smells like Kool-Aid or raspberry Jello powder. It does make you salivate a little, I have to admit. The taste is really not too bad...basically like a raspberry soda pop with an afterthought of "beer-like" taste at the end. Bitterness is negligible, it's sweet, but not syrupy sweet. 107 calories...not too shabby. Goes down like water. Ice-cold, it's dangerous, but at 4.2%, very drinkable. I could have about 3-4 of these in a row, but would want a real beer to cap it off. Seltzer-water mouthfeel with a very light body and prickly carbonation adds a seltzer-water tart flavor in the finish.

It is what it is, and it's not too bad. Pretty decent actually. I would buy more of this for what it's worth to share with friends who maybe want something really light and refreshing. A spritzer of a beer if ever there was one.

4.51/5  rDev +111.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Light fruity beers are not for everyone. Personally, I can't stand hoppy bitter beers and that seems to be the trend with craft brewers in the US. I prefer lighter sweeter beers. Michelob's Pomegranate Rasberry beer has been my favorite staple beer for years! I love this beer! It's light, sweet and refreshing. Perfect for hot summer days. If I am camping or at a friend's BBQ and plan to be drinking for hours on end, this is the beer I bring. Most hard core beer snobs will cringe at this, but I love to add orange juice and make a beermosa with this beer. Like I said, this beer isn't for everyone and I expect many to turn their nose up at any beer than is light and sweet, but if this is the style your taste buds prefer you will enjoy it.

4.75/5  rDev +123%

I used to be into big beers... but my palate has changed over the years. Now I enjoy light, refreshing fruit beers. Especially after a long bike ride.

This brew is delicious! I'll be drinking many more this summer. It's just as tasty as other fruit beers, but not as heavy!

This is my favorite summertime beer. My friends and I always take a cooler full to the beach! I have had such a hard time finding it this year. I have heard people say they are going to be discontinuing it...I will be devastated! DON'T TAKE OUR FAVORITE SUMMER BEER AWAY! We LOVE IT!!! :-)

« first ‹ prev | 126-150 | 151-175 | 176-200  | next › last »