Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry - Anheuser-Busch

Michelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate RaspberryMichelob Ultra Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Pomegranate Raspberry delivers a unique berry aroma that finishes with a hint of pomegranate.

(Beer added by: Frozensoul327 on 04-12-2007)

Kelp, May 09, 2013
2.15/5  rDev +0.5%

Pours a pale yellow color with a one-finger head into my glass. Seems carbonated.

Aroma is detectable even from arm's length. Lots of pomegranate and raspberry. Seems more like a wine cooler at first.

Taste is smooth and full of pomegranate and raspberry upfront. Very faint though. Adjuncts show through, mainly corn. Like Michelob Ultra with fruit flavoring.

Mouthfeel has a Trix feel to it. When a beer reminds you of a breakfast cereal, it's probably best to avoid it. It's not sickly sweet though.

Not a great marriage of fruit flavors and beer, especially since neither are actually well-represented here. It's not horrible but it's not impressive either.

Brad007, Mar 28, 2009

THECPJ, Apr 18, 2012
2.08/5  rDev -2.8%

12 oz bottle poured into an American Tumbler. 4.2% ABV, 09168 (June 16th) Julian date.

A - Lightest. Beer. Ever. How much closer to clear can they get without going totally clear? Fizzy white head with no retention or lacing. Not that I'm surprised by that.

S - The aroma is all fruit on this one. Mainly raspberry with actually smells fairly good, with a touch of pomegranate. Not too syrupy, it's like a raspberry iced tea. Absolutely no beer aroma but for what it is....it's not too bad.

T - Not a hint of beer in there. Well, I take that back. There is a microscopic hint of beer at the very end on the aftertaste. Otherwise the taste is all pomegranate raspberry like the name says. It doesn't taste very good either. Sort of like a diluded iced tea with a sprinkle of artificial sweetener.

M - Thin, watery, and incredibly light-bodied with a sharp carbonation bite to the finish. Lingering semi-fruity aftertaste.

D - I don't know that I'll finish it. Interesting to dry but damn it, I could find a better use of two dollars. This is the girliest (no offense) beer there is. Geared towards women who work out and don't want "extra carbs" or whatever. I still want to try the other flavors for shits and giggles but I'll shed a tear every time for the glass that has to bear the burden.

I ended up giving the rest of it to my Mom who was moderately amused by it. Hmm...

BeerFMAndy, Oct 22, 2009
2.68/5  rDev +25.2%
look: 2 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

12 ounce bottle, picked up a single of this at Liquor Barn. Served in a pint glass, the beer pours a clear straw gold color with about a half inch white head. Pretty much no head retention at all, but there's a decent bit of lacing on the glass. Aroma is sweet and fruity, it smells like candied pomegranates and raspberries. There aren't any "beer-like" aromas, but it does have a nice fruity smell. The brew tastes like slightly watered down pomegranates and raspberries. Mouthfeel/body is light and watery, it has moderate carbonation, it's smooth and it's easy enough to drink. It's an OK fruity drink, but it seems more like a malt beverage than a beer. As much as I hate to say it, I liked it a lot more than I thought I was going to.

bluejacket74, May 15, 2011
1.35/5  rDev -36.9%

12oz bottle into my Stone pint glass. I had this at a friend's birthday in May and it was the most ridiculously horrendous beer I'd had at the point. Had to try it again!

A: Light straw yellow with tremendous clarity and exceptional soda-like head - brilliantly fleeting and soapy white. Woohoo!

S: I'm calling BS on the advertising. This should be Michelob Ultra Raspberry Pomegranate, 'cos honestly, they pom is an after thought. Medicinally artificial raspberry flavor, I'd describe this as one-dimensional if "repulsive" wasn't an aroma description

T: Skunk light lager + artificial raspberry flavor + corn syrup + metallic finish. Need I say more?

M: Soda-like carbonation and horrendously light and watery. Cringe-worthy. Dry finish but it's metallic.

D: Nope, I ain't drinking any more!

DefenCorps, Sep 27, 2008

claspada, Dec 01, 2011
2.08/5  rDev -2.8%

From 355 ml. bottle no. 09070BM33. Sampled on January 10, 2010. The pour is a light yellow color with upwardly mobile carbonation. The white head is thin and short-lived. The aroma is too overpowered by the pomegranate and raspberry add-ins to be able to distinguish anything remotely close to malts or hops. Thin mouthfeel, which is average for a light beer. But it also has this honey-like texture as well. The taste is so entrenched in pomegranate and raspberry that it ends up coming off more like a wine cooler than a beer. Oh well, I guess they'll try any combination once.

puboflyons, Jan 11, 2010
2.75/5  rDev +28.5%

DmanGTR, Feb 10, 2013
1.25/5  rDev -41.6%

I actually had hopes for this one b/c I like pomegranate water and was thinking it would taste like this but w/ alcohol. Dead wrong. It's not even a chick beer as the girl I bought it for drank twice as me (two sips to my one) before dumping it down the sink. It is a straw gold bodied beer that is thin and watery and designed to go down nice and easy with sweet razz/pom taste. Instead, it is a little sour and sharp and tastes like a diet cherry 7Up that was left on the counter for awhile. This is really not palatable at all.

clayrock81, Sep 15, 2009
2.15/5  rDev +0.5%

Stuck at a party with nothing else to drink but a Michelob Ultra Sampler and the first thing i thought of was that i've never reviewed these beers before. Score!

This was the secomd brew in my vertical of Ultras.

Fizzy yellowy brown in color. Smell is a mellow blend of pomegranate and raspberry. Taste is thankfully not as cloyingly sweet as the lime version. Some notes of pale malts. Drink while its ice cold or the flavors become somewhat medicinal.

rfgetz, Jan 11, 2010

TheBeerAlmanac, May 17, 2014
2.5/5  rDev +16.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A-Straw yellow coloring. Head falls quite quickly. Almost zero lacing. Fizzy.

S-Completely fake smelling berries. Almost perfumey like. Pretty faint scent too.

T-Tastes just like raspberry-pomegranate seltzer water. Not as sweet as I was expecting. Every sip I just keep thinking...seltzer water. I do like seltzer water though.

M-Light and fizzy. Clean and artificial tasting.

O/D-No dice. Simply not gonna work here. I like the two fruits they chose but this beer kinda blows.

VelvetExtract, Apr 09, 2011
2.68/5  rDev +25.2%

Appearance: 1/2 inch head, light gold in color, clear, high carbonation

Smell: berry and fruit

Taste: raspberries, blackberries, and a touch of grass. Can’t really taste the pomegranate.

Mouthfeel: high carbonation, light bodied, sweet with a slight bitter spike

Overall: A decent beer that is barely beer enough to not be a wine cooler. Not a fruit drink, but not the first thing I would go for. Of this series, it is probably my least favorite as well.

tigg924, Jul 29, 2011
1.3/5  rDev -39.3%

Clear bottle as pictured, part of a make your own sixpack from a local grocery. Pours a clear, pale yellow body alive with active carbonation. Tiny white head quickly vanishes without lacing. Aroma is some kind of berry Pez candy, not a bad smell except for a beverage masquerading as a beer. Very light bodied, very thin actually. Seltzer water carbonation rules the palate, lightly flavored a liquid Pez candy or Jolly Rancher aspect. The artificial fruitiness isn't sickingly sweet, to its credit,but that's about the only thing to recommend it. This might make a good beginner beer for someone who has never had an alcoholic beverage, making me think this is marketed for underage drinkers. Give me some fruit syrup and seltzer water and I could produce something very similar in taste. This Ultra is very forgettable. A waste of money at any price.

merlin48, Jul 13, 2008
1.73/5  rDev -19.2%

Beer one of the trifecta sample set of the Pomegranate, Tuscan & Cactus – from worst to best IMO.

Poured a weak and lame fizzy light amber, dead white head and no lacing. Raspberry Kool-Aid aroma and taste. This stuff is like weak, opened day old soda. I’ve had bottled soda water with more wallop than this crappola.

Just pathetically weak, this stuff is an embarrassment to the craft world of beer – have a gin and tonic instead.

Comes in a clear bottle, but since there’s no beer in here – no light struck worries.

Vancer, Aug 06, 2007
1.88/5  rDev -12.1%

Appearance: It's a clear, very light golden color. Very modest head with little retention and lacing.

Smell: Very fruity. Berry scents are somewhat overwhelmingly sweet. It does not resemble the smell of beer much at all. Much closer to a wine cooler. But, it kind of smells like cough syrup.

Taste: It's very sweet. Too sweet. Berry flavors are indeed strong. There is a bit of a corn flavor to it as well. No malt or hops to speak of.

Mouthfeel/Drinkability: It's light bodied. It doesn't taste good. That alone makes it incredibly hard to drink. I'm not a big fan of fruit/vegetable beers and this is no exception. But there are a few out there that are much better than this. Overall, it's not good. I find it hard to call it a beer.

prototypic, May 31, 2007
2.5/5  rDev +16.8%

gtermi, Mar 13, 2014
3.5/5  rDev +63.6%

atlbravsrno1, Jul 10, 2014
4.22/5  rDev +97.2%

I just recently tried some Michelob Bavarian Style Hefe Weizen and it knocked my socks off, so I went to Jacks to pick up a case of it. Two bottles were missing from one of the 6'ers, so I was thinking about what to fill the void with when I saw these barely-21 chicks each pick-up a 6'er of this stuff. "It's so awesome!", they said, so what the hell. I'm game. Pours out to a crystal clear peach-accented golden, forming a soapy white head which quickly dissipates into a tiny petri-dish scum of foam. The aroma is overwhelmingly fruity...no mistaking it, there is pomegranate and raspberry in here. It smells like Kool-Aid or raspberry Jello powder. It does make you salivate a little, I have to admit. The taste is really not too bad...basically like a raspberry soda pop with an afterthought of "beer-like" taste at the end. Bitterness is negligible, it's sweet, but not syrupy sweet. 107 calories...not too shabby. Goes down like water. Ice-cold, it's dangerous, but at 4.2%, very drinkable. I could have about 3-4 of these in a row, but would want a real beer to cap it off. Seltzer-water mouthfeel with a very light body and prickly carbonation adds a seltzer-water tart flavor in the finish.

It is what it is, and it's not too bad. Pretty decent actually. I would buy more of this for what it's worth to share with friends who maybe want something really light and refreshing. A spritzer of a beer if ever there was one.

Mitchster, Jul 03, 2007

threedaggers, Mar 07, 2014
1.78/5  rDev -16.8%

My wife was drinking one of these in the backyard last night, so I figured I would give it a try. Pretty nice golden color, with a decent enough white head. This was the best feature of this beer (in fact, I think it was appropriate for the style, allowing me to score it above 3.0 if I so choose). Not much else to say here; lots of fake raspberry flavor, very sugary, almost like a sickly sweet soda. Nothing good going on here.

emmasdad, May 24, 2010
1.7/5  rDev -20.6%

Had a chance to try this a few days ago. Thankfully, the store let me buy a single bottle.

It neither looks, smells, nor has a mouthfeel similar to beer ... other than perhaps other similar "ultra"/"low carb" beers. Almost more like flavored club soda with beer-like tastes.

The fruit flavoring wasn't overpowering, which, frankly, was surprising. I'm not sure what they were going for here. If I wanted a fruit flavored alcoholic drink with carbonation, this wouldn't be my choice, and if I specifically want a beer with fruit characteristics, this wouldn't be my choice either.

Overlord, Aug 14, 2007
2.85/5  rDev +33.2%

Found this at a Chicago area Jewel/Osco store on sale for $5.99 a 6 pack, so at that price I don't mind trying it. 12oz clear glass bottles with no freshness date to be found, which I thought was strange for a Bud product.

The bottle isn't the only thing clear about this beer. It pours a crystal clear pale yellow color that if it was any paler it would be water. With a hard pour you can get a 3 finger soapy looking white head out of it that will only last about 30 seconds and leave a decent amount of lacing. If you tilt the glass and pour slowly you get no head at all and no lacing.

Definite raspberry smell with the pomegranate not as strong. Nothing else is detectable.

This isn't very beer-like. It taste more like raspberry flavored seltzer water. There is also an unpleasant metallic taste to it. The overall flavor isn't that bad, but if you were hoping for something like a Belgian lambic, this definitely isn't it. Even the raspberry and pomegranate flavors don't taste like real fruit. It's probably just fruit flavoring. If there are any malts or hops in here I sure couldn't taste them.

The mouthfeel is as close to water as you can get without actually being water. Very light and lightly sweetened with a good dose of carbonation which does make it kind of refreshing and easy to drink. One word of warning however. Do not let this beer get anywhere near room temperature or it gets really awful. If you do want to try it, get it as cold as you can.

matjack85, Oct 31, 2009
1.5/5  rDev -29.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

The FDA dictates that chocolate must contain a certain percentage of cacao or it will be called chocolate FLAVORED. I wonder if a similar standard should be applied to beer. There just isn't anything "beery" about this.

a: This is barely tinted, a faint yellowish color. It pours with a little short lived fizz.

s: Mild artificial raspberry. Smells a bit like Smarties. Not a trace of beer.

t: Cloyingly sweet fake fruit flavors. No beer here either.

m: Slightly fizzy and very thin.

d: I admit that this doesn't taste absolutely horrible, it just doesn't taste like beer at all.

DIM, Jan 08, 2009