Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Michelob Ultra Tuscan Orange Grapefruit - Anheuser-Busch

Michelob Ultra Tuscan Orange GrapefruitMichelob Ultra Tuscan Orange Grapefruit

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: Frozensoul327 on 05-13-2007

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
1.73/5  rDev -20.3%

out of the lost notebook, reviewed from notes.

pours out a pale amber with a light orange tin but no head at all and loads of carbonation fizzing up towards the top. aroma is soo fake, just over the top orange koolai like smell with no real depth to it. its like they took a flavorless pale lager and dumped candy or crystal light mix in it, not sure what was up with this whole set of beers but they were all just wrong. light finish with no aftertaste and just, i dont know nothing there for me.

overall not a good beer, not even sure it is a beer.

1.13/5  rDev -47.9%

Wow! I didn't realize there could be a beer that tasted worse than Corona.

A- Light, watery, pale yellow with lots of bubbles, thin white head that immediately flees, and no lace.

S- Like sour grapefruit in tonic water. It smells like my mom's diet. hint of artificial orange.

T- Tonic water soured by bitter grapefruit and orange peel.

M- Completely over the top on carbonation. This is like bad, unsweetened soda!

D- I poured it out.

1.75/5  rDev -19.4%

Poured from 12oz bottle.

A- Pours a very pale yellow color. One finger head jumps up and dies down almost as soon as it got there. No lacing in the glass.

S- This smells very artifical. Very much like well orange citrus and grapefruit style notes in the ending. Nothing really else....the alcohol is noticable but the beer aspect seems to be lost in the nose of this.

T- Wine cooler is what comes to my mind when I taste this one. No real beer quality taste wise. Some of the other Michelob Ultra beers at least had a hint of beer to it. This is just orange and grapefruit flavored water. Kind of a mess if you ask me.

M- Light mouthfeel. Carbonation is prickly high. Very watery in the mouth. Artifical fruit flavor is left throughout the beer into the aftertaste. Fizzy feeling on the palate.

D- This is a easy drinker but the taste I just can't get over. I don't know maybe this kind of beer was just not meant for me. I just guess this means more for others.

3.55/5  rDev +63.6%

Found this at a discount food store in the singles section.
My first impression is that it's a refreshing drink with a very slight alky kick.
Kind of like a weak wine spritzer.
This stuff would be ideal for someone who doesn't like beer, but wants to have a slightly alcoholic drink to sip on.
What we have here is a "ladies' drink" that my wife might like.
It really doesn't fit into any conventional beer style, so I'm rating it for it's drinkability as a beverage in general.

2.49/5  rDev +14.7%

Stuck at a party with nothing else to drink but a Michelob Ultra Sampler and the first thing i thought of was that i've never reviewed these beers before. Score!

Third in my Ultra vertical after the lime and pomegranate.

Fizzy yellowy brown in color. Smell is a somewhat large whiff of real orange and grapefruit (ie citrusy without being cloyingly sweet or sour). Taste is a powerful punch of authentic orange and bitter grapefruit, minimal sweetness and notes of grain. Once again, if not ice cold its almost unbearable. The best of the fruity bunch, and thats not saying much.

2.55/5  rDev +17.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

This one was in the frig and I've never reviewed, I actually bought a sixer for my wife, she likes it, so lets give it a whirl. In the bottle it smells like orange, actually more like mandarin or really like clementine. Poured into a glass, really no need as it is in a clear bottle, but to see the head, which is good but gone quickly. Color is a very pale yellow. Taste is pretty much the same as the smell, orange and orange, like orange sweet tarts mostly, sweet but tart. No bitterness at all. This appears to be strictly a chick beer, along the line of a wine cooler. The only time I would return to drink this is in 98 degrees and 90% humidity, where it may be a good refresher. Otherwise I'll steer clear.

2.88/5  rDev +32.7%

Appearance - a light gold pour into the only vessels in the Pigeon Forge vacation cabin - melmac plastic cups. At least they're see-through. Two fingers of white foam. Pretty nice for a light brew.

Aroma - citrusy and grapefruit. Pleasant but alcopopish. Reminds me of Bert Grant's mandarin orange hefe.

Taste - all orange and grapefruit, no beer presence. Wine cooler stuff, but it's not overly syrupy or gross. I easily tossed back a few with pizza, though the missus didn't care much for 'em.

Mouthfeel - thin and on the gassy side.

Drinkability - good for a night's posterity, but nothing I need to re-visit.

3.3/5  rDev +52.1%

Presentation: Poured from a clear 12 oz bottle into a standard pint glass. Label is tan with orange metallic high lights. Described as a "light beer with natural flavor." No clear freshness date, but there is a code of 09054 on the neck label.

Appearance: Pours with just under two fingers of pure white head. This settles to an incomplete coating of foam. Plenty of activity. The beer itself is yellow gold and perfectly clear. No sediment remains in the bottle.

Smell: Strong notes of orange. Really smells like Orange Crush to me. Maybe a slight hint of slightly sweet malt and adjuncts.

Taste: Like a milder version of an orange soda. No malt or hops flavor whatsoever.

Mouthfeel: Very high carbonation level, exactly like a soda. Body is okay.

Drinkability: Not sure where I stand on this one. Look, it is not supposed to be Kate the Great. But then again, it tastes just like orange soda. I imagine this thing is intended to compete with so called alco-pops. Is it good? Sure. Will I ever drink it again? No. If I want a refreshing, fruity drink, I will have a fruit soda or fruit juice.

2.59/5  rDev +19.4%

My wife said, "if there was a beer that tasted like Jone's Soda, i would drink it." Sadly, i found that beer and then she said, "I don't like it, it tastes like Jone's Soda with a chemical aftertaste."

That pretty much says it.

Appearance is of a yellow soda. Smells very sweet and orange. Tastes weak, spunky, and sweet. Not like a beer in any way. Easy to drink for obvious reasons.

Enjoy, or not.

2.13/5  rDev -1.8%

Pours a light golden-orange color with a one-finger head into my glass. Seems average.

Aroma is full of orange and grapefruit with a sweet adjunct backbone.

Taste is light and fizzy with a weird combination of orange and grapefruit that fades into the adjunct spectrum, which is mildly sweet and flavorless.

Mouthfeel is full of lingering orange and grapefruit and not much else.

Like pouring fruit flavoring into a glass of Michelob Ultra. Nothing much to expect. Still an interesting experiment.

2.76/5  rDev +27.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

Presentation: 12 oz. bottle into a nonic. Purchased for the wife when filling out a rebate purchase, but as always, I can't resist trying and reviewing.

A- Pours incredibly clear, light golden hue. ~1 finger of effervescing white head, which fades in a flash to a few random bubbles. Not impressive, but hey, rating to style, not bad. Most of the low scores on this portion (and others) are simply ignoring how this style should present...which is understandable....not sure why I'm being such a BJCP stickler tonight...

S- Wow....weird...this smells almost like a slightly corny- orange soda.

T- Very lightly sweet, lightly citrus flavor. As with their "regular Ultra," this isn't awful flavor, it just simply isn't much flavor at all, which is something distinctly different from "awful." This isn't the "beer" flavor that I am looking for, but it is also not offensive in any way, and I don't feel right ranking it below a 2.5...Not like most any "beer," but rather, is more like a light, semi- refreshing soda...

M- Crisp like a drink of cold water. As easy going down as one would expect a slightly citrusy soda water to be. Again, if truly rating to style, hard to ding it too badly here...

D- Quite hard to quantify. There is nothing savory or delightful about the taste or smell in the realm of "beer," but it does make for a decently refreshing "lightly alcoholic soda" beverage.

Future outlook: As always, fun to try the "fringe BMC" beer stuff, but no real reason to buy again.

2.19/5  rDev +0.9%

This is the final "beer" of the trilogy. The last variety in the Ultra mixed 12 pack I bought today. And this one is just like the pomegranate/raspberry and lime/cactus ones in the same ways. It doesn't really look like beer. It smells nothing like beer, however, the fruity aromas aren't bad. (This one smells like Fruit Stripes gum) The taste isn't bad but there's NOTHING beer-like about it. It's water-thin, yet drinkable. This beverage is for girls who hate the taste of beer. The only way I'll ever drink it again is if it's free. I can't believe there's a market for this stuff. It's what Ned Flanders would drink if he had to drink a beer.

1.78/5  rDev -18%

a: pours a light golden color with about an eigth inch of head that dissapears very fast leaving no lacing at all
s: the orange and grapefruit are present but mainly as generic citrus aroma, light fizzy crisp
t: light beer sweet citrusy, the orange and grapefruit really arent too apparent its mainly the generic citrusy
m: light bodied beer heavily carbonated

overall, this is not a beer to get

1.5/5  rDev -30.9%

I poured this hard down the center of a pint glass. I was rewarded with a nice thick white head that was in a great big hurry to disappear before I could even appreciate it. The beer itself is light golden in color and crystal clear. I could watch TV through this one.

Aroma is light citrus and maybe a faint hint of adjunct/malt. Flavoring is more subtle in the nose than the others in this pack. Tastes a bit like baby aspirin. Hey I still love the flavor of baby aspirin, it takes me back to the 70's, but I just don't like it in my beer. This thing finishes dry. Why ask why?

Chalky and filling. Not a good combination. I would not drink this even as a thirst quencher.

Pours a clean/clear golden pale yellow color, nice carbonation, little fizzy white head, not much sticky lacing left behind. The nose is malty, slight hop, oranges/citrus. The taste is sweet, malty, very slight hop, with some citrus/orange notes. Light body. Drinkable, this is a thirst quencher for sure, very easy going down.

1.64/5  rDev -24.4%

Overview: another "Frankenstein" beer: made of parts. Looks kinda like beer, tastes kinda like beer; but it ain't beer.

This "beer", a term I use loosely, perhaps "beverage" is more apt. It is just plain nasty. Grapefruit in beer? Who does that?

Like their Lime/Cactus "beverage", I did detect some flavor for the first microsecond, then...nothing...

These Ultra "experiments" should never be recreated by mankind. Ever. There should be a law...

On a positive note, it is carbonated. And the bottle is pretty.

And I do believe that their original regular Ultra certainly does have a place on the great beer shelf of life.

1.35/5  rDev -37.8%

A friend (maybe I should rethink that label) left this in my fridge after a party. The next day was a hot one, so I thought just MAYBE this might not be a bad drink to quench the thirst. So me and my wife agree to give it an honest try.

It looks in the glass exactly like it does in the bottle, as the bottle is clear. Really thin head disappears before I set the empyty bottle down. I smell the expected citrus aroma, and nothing else. This is all expected, since I've had Mich Ultra, unfortunately. Taste? Tastes like Mich Ultra mixed with a bit of grapefruit juice. Basically it's terrible. I get through about three sips and have had enough. I hand it to my wife.... she spit out the first sip and we declared this 'beer' disgusting. The mouthfeel was expected. Water. The drinkability should be 0.

1.41/5  rDev -35%

12oz to flare pint, straw golden with a very slight orange hint, head fades, high carbonation

smells of orange children's cough syrup, no good stuff distinguishable

tastes of adjuncts with fake orange flavor, if grapefruit is present then i'm crazy, alcopops? man i hate to be a jerk but how is this pleasantly drinkable to anyone? i feel grossed out to even comment, orange candy, umm not really any desirable flavor - sweet, ummm no real easy way to say that this tastes horrible other than spitting it out.. AVOID unless you're trying to appease someone who hates beer and wants to avoid any desirable flavors of deliciousness - for the wine cooler crowd?

mouth: good carbonation, ummm jeeze i give up this is just sad.. branding under michelob is just to attract those who think michelob ultra is amazing in the first place... hope the other flavored mic ultras aren't as horrible but i wouldn't be surprised....

1.72/5  rDev -20.7%

Fizzy, pale yellow, transparent body with a wee white head that is gone in seconds. Aroma of orange Pez candy. Body is watery and ultralight with a ton of carbonation, Taste is refreshing, with just a hint of artificial orange flavor to compliment the seltzery tonic water profile. No hops or malt to speak of. Not bad as a summer thirst quencher but nothing really resembling a decent beer.

1.9/5  rDev -12.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Before my girlfriend's roommate went clubbing, she had a bottle of this before she left. Curious (and not being a fan of Michelob) I tried it for the hell of it. I figured I had nothing to lose.

Appearance was a piss color yellow/orange with barely any head. This certainly isn't a beer at all and nothing more than a trendy Mike's Hard Lemonade knock-off.

Smell is high in oranges and fruit. Yeah, this is certainly not beer, but a marketing strategy to sell light alcoholic fruit juice marketed as beer. No hops or malts are here whatsoever.

Taste is fruity, like Woodchuck Cider and Mike's Hard Lemonade. Good luck finding any beer remnants here.

Mouthfeel is like Crystal Light flavored water. Certainly no bitterness here at all.

Drinkability is not for beer taste at all. I guess as long as alcohol trends continue, this still will stand tall, but yeah, this is definitely not in my cards at all.

1.45/5  rDev -33.2%

Ran into this monstrosity today.

Pours orange-ish yellow with a big white foam head. Doesn't smell or taste like beer. Smells like a spritzer of some sort. No malt, no hops, just a weird chemical fruit flavor with tons of carbonation.

This entire line-up needs to be eliminated.

2.03/5  rDev -6.5%

My wife asked me in the grocery store: "Doesn't this look like it might be good?" I said no, but we bought it anyway. She doesn't ask for that much, so what the hell?

Pours a pee yellow color with a big noisy, fizzy, soda-like white head that disappears in a flash leaving nothing behind.
Smells like artificial fruitiness and tastes much the same. Weirdly bitter artificial citrus rind flavor is about all there is here. A very weak malt presence hanging around somewhere in the back. This stuff doesn't qualify as beer in my opinion. Tastes very much like flavored Zima. Intense overcarbonation tries to make up for the rediculously light body.

It's fairly refreshing and not undrinkable, but it ain't beer. Suffice it to say that I wouldn't recommend this to any beer lover.

2.56/5  rDev +18%

A - Light yellow with an effervescent fizz that can harldy be called a head. After the brief fizz, nothing is left on top of the beer or on the glass. Looks like pee.

S - Tangerine Bubba-Yum bubble gum. This smells salty and zesty, while at the same time very artificially fruity.

T - Sweet and sugary with loads of seemingly artificial gooey flavors. Apricot and mandarin orange. Not too bad, it just doesn't taste like beer.

M - Thin and fizzy. Whatdjya expect.

D - Not really beer IMO, but it's not bad. I could drink a few of these in the summer.

2.44/5  rDev +12.4%

Appears a pale golden with a short lived white head. Scant lacing left behind. Aroma is full of citrus peels and shitty beer. Flavor has a nice rolling fruit profile pretty much all citrus fruit fizziness. Mouthfeel is fizzy and light like a typical macro ultra light lager. Drinkability is decent for what it is but it's why too much like an alcopop, I can't drink many but one is kinda refreshing.

2.87/5  rDev +32.3%

Thanks (I think) to Andy for sharing not one but two bottles of Michelob Ultra Tuscan Orange Grapefruit. Is this really appropriate? After we've been close friends and beer colleagues for so many years?

Appearance: Pours a crystal clear, yellow body with a small, white head.

Smell: It's everso orangey!

Taste: Super pale maltiness with some washed out, sweet orange flavoring added that lasts until the finish.

Mouthfeel: Thin-bodied. Medium carbonation.

Drinkability: Like a watered down Orange Crush, at best.

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast