2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus - Anheuser-Busch

Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime CactusMichelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Lime Cactus has an exotic fruity aroma with a clean citrus finish.

(Beer added by: BEERchitect on 05-13-2007)
View: Beers (76) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 208 | Reviews: 110 | Show All Ratings:
BeerWithMike

Nebraska

3.45/5  rDev +44.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Sampling right now on 2/7/14. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a pilsner glass.

Pours clear golden-yellow with no head to speak of at all as well as no lacing. LOTS of bubbles due to high carbonation. The aroma is of grains and lime. The taste is the same but on the 'watered-down' side as would be excepted. Actually goes down easy with no bitter aftertaste. I liked this one BETTER than the regular Mick Ultra I had several months ago. Probably good for a hot summer's day.

02-08-2014 00:40:39 | More by BeerWithMike
anvilx

1.43/5  rDev -40.2%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Roommate picked this up on sale for $0.50 a bottle.

A - Golden color and rather effervescent.

S - Smells like imitation lime

T - Imagine combining michelob ultra or any other light lager with a lime snow cone. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't lime. I'm not really sure why cactus is in the name because I certainly don't taste any.

M - Like any other light lager, it is light and bubbly.

O - If you are going to consume a product that is this fake and synthesized I feel like you should just go with a malt beverage.

01-20-2014 06:30:07 | More by anvilx
a0lbudman

Alabama

A-very clear pale with a white head that fades quickly
S-sweet grain with a citrus lime aroma coming in strong
T-lime was that taste with the sweet grain, and a crisp taste
M-light body with high carbonation
O-Bud light lime was better, but it might have something to do with me knowing this beer did not use real limes to flavor it.

12-29-2013 03:15:03 | More by a0lbudman
Das_Reh

1.39/5  rDev -41.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

My brother grabbed this as part of a mix-six.

Poured from a 12 oz twist-cap bottle into my tulip (lolz)

A = pissy yellowish green color, fizzy like soda.

S = fake lemon-lime scent, almost like Gatorade; can't detect malts or hops

T = tastes like somebody steeped a bunch of gummy worms in club soda, no hop bitterness

M = fizzy and thin, typical AAL mouthfeel

O = a horrible beer, do not recommend at all

12-01-2013 09:45:25 | More by Das_Reh
jcgomezjc

1.53/5  rDev -36%

09-13-2013 22:43:27 | More by jcgomezjc
mfnmbvp

2.35/5  rDev -1.7%

12 oz. bottle, with no apparent bottled on date present. I've never had the original Michelob Ultra, so I have nothing to compare this to. The bottle claims a 4.00% abv, rather than the 4.20% listed on BeerAdvocate. Not expecting too much, based on the fact that this is an Anheuser-Busch product.

Poured into a Firestone Walker pint glass.

A - Pours about one finger of extremely lively carbonated white fizz, audibly sizzling away. Body is a clear yellow-straw-green color with massive carbonation bubbles everywhere. No lacing.

S - Smell is of extremely light citrus lemons & lime, grainy corn, and wet cardboard. For some reason, I feel like it smelled better when I drank it out of the bottle.

T - Taste improves a bit from the nose. Light, crisp, and citric with some carbonation tingling the tongue. Very light lime flavor, but at least it feels somewhat authentic, not completely artificial like a Bud Light Lime does. No real distinctive cactus taste, but it does have a cucumber gatorade / plant like taste buried in there somewhere.

M - Feel is crisp, carbonated, and finishes dry. Extremely light bodied and easy drinking. Practically no aftertaste whatsoever.

Overall, an extremely light, easy-drinking, refreshing beverage, perfect for a scorching summer day. Although, beyond that, I can't really see a need for such a product. The concept is nice, but it is of course poorly executed. This would probably be best if you just drank it straight from the bottle. Probably not something I would buy often, but I would definitely drink it again, and it was more than affordable at $6.99 for a six pack. I look forward to trying the Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry, among other variations.

Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus ---2.5/5

07-27-2013 04:04:15 | More by mfnmbvp
14Racing

Tennessee

I absolutely love this and am having trouble finding it! :( Was told today the warehouse was empty right now.Oh my goodness.I like this a lot and have recently about 3 months ago changed to this.Love the taste .Leaves no aftertaste .Help !!

Anheuser-Busch in Saint Louis, MO .I need this on the shelves in my area!!!! Pleased customer!

06-20-2013 15:30:44 | More by 14Racing
davey101

Connecticut

2.51/5  rDev +5%

match1112 with the this stellar extra. 12 oz bottle into a tulip glass.

A - Pours a clear amber body looking very much like a basic AAL. Some soapy edging with minimal lacing.

S - Artificial lime juice and a very off putting chemical aroma. Not sure if its the "cactus" or just some skunked beer. Its fruity, fake, and kind of offensive.

T - Better. Skunked beer with an artificial lime finish as well as a gummy bear like sweetness. Its drinkable enough.

O - This is different than most lime beers, namely Bud Light Lime. I suppose its that cactus edge giving it some extra agave nectar sweetness. I understand that most beers have a purpose, even crappy or fruited ones. I just can't imagine anyone buying this for enjoyment. Its just not that good.

05-09-2013 02:12:17 | More by davey101
mikeintexas

We've found the MIchelob Ultra Lime Cactus to be an outstanding beer, and love the refreshing taste, and the after taste. The only beer that has come close to it was the Shiner Bock Lime Cactus, that was a limited production beer. It did not compare to this to the Michelob, and it's all we drink now.

05-02-2013 00:49:07 | More by mikeintexas
dbrauneis

1.96/5  rDev -18%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

A: Pours a crystal clear medium yellow in color with heavy amounts of visible carbonation and some light to medium golden yellow highlights. The beer has a finger tall sudsy white head that quickly reduces to a couple of small patches of very thin film. Minimal amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Light aromas of bready malts with some slightly stronger aromas of lime syrup (similar to Rose's Lime syrup).

T: Upfront there are light flavors of adjunct malts, mostly corn and some grains that have a light amount of sweetness. After the malts, there are light to moderate flavors of lime syrup that is not too sweet and something that I cannot quite place which I am guessing is the cactus. Very light amounts of bitterness that fades almost immediately.

M: Light bodied with heavy amounts of carbonation. Very thin/watery.

O: This one is not for me, maybe I do not like the lime syrup with cactus combined with super light beer. It is easy to drink but I'm not sure I would call this enjoyable.

03-26-2013 01:03:36 | More by dbrauneis
puboflyons

New Hampshire

2.99/5  rDev +25.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

From the 12 fl. oz. bottle. Sampled on March 9, 2013.

I am going to rate this entirely on the style of a flavored light lager rather than a craft beer. The pour is golden yellow with little to no head. But it is a deeper yellow so it is better than average.

The aroma is mainly of lime juice with a little breaded malts. But the lime overwhelms just about any other aroma. So this is below average.

The body is a little better than light so that is above average.

The taste is much like the aroma. It is sweet with lime juice but there is a clean, crisp adjunct hop note at the end so that is around average.

03-09-2013 19:49:14 | More by puboflyons
Darkmagus82

2.18/5  rDev -8.8%

Poured from bottle into pint glass

Appearance – The beer pours a straw color with a big fizzy white head. The head fades very fast to leave only a tiny amount of lacing.

Smell – The aroma of the brew is heaviest of a sweet fruit punch smell

Taste – The taste begins with flavors of a sweet corn and lime. These flavors are persistent throughout the whole of the taste and make up the bulk of the flavor profile. More toward the middle and end there is a sugary candy flavor that comes to the profile mixing with the rest to produce an almost wine cooler like flavor.

Mouthfeel- The body of the beer is very light with a carbonation level that is very effervescent. The body and high carbonation level are quite fitting for the brew making it very soda like and matching the flavors well.

Overall – Well not really my kind of brew. I guess if you feel like a diet soda with vodka, you may like this, but then again why even bother.

12-24-2012 02:05:10 | More by Darkmagus82
SometimesIfart

2.4/5  rDev +0.4%

A - Didn't pour it. Murky gold through the glass bottle.

S - Smells like an alcoholic baja blast. Lime, slight blueberries.

T - Very modrate lime. Real lime, not artificial. Slight malt. The lime once again, tastes legitimate and not artificial like a bud light lime.

M - Medium bodied with medium carbonation. Fits well.

O - Overall this was a nice little flavored adjunct that would do well on a hot summer day. I'd have another in the specified situation or at a party.

12-20-2012 06:51:59 | More by SometimesIfart
DavidST

2.03/5  rDev -15.1%

Poured form a 12 oz can into a pint tulip glass. This pours a crystal clear light straw color with a fizzy short lived white head. The smells are of sugar, lime, sort of a soda smell. The feel is light. The taste is more tasteless than I expected, mostly taste of water with hints of lime and sugar, you don't drink this one for flavor.

09-10-2012 02:48:56 | More by DavidST
tdm168

2.58/5  rDev +7.9%

A - pale gold with a very thin, fizzy white head that quickly fades away.

S - sugary artificial lime

T - artificial lime, a hint of sugar

M - crisp, light bodied, a bit over carbonated

It is what it is. It's too sweet for me, but ultimately it achieves what it set out to achieve. A fruity light lager that you can pound.

08-06-2012 22:41:01 | More by tdm168
woodychandler

2.65/5  rDev +10.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

It has been almost two years to the day since I reviewed this from a CAN and seeing it available at my local singles shop, I felt compelled to try a different serving type.

My quick pour resulted in a finger of fizzy, foaming, popping bone-white head with almost instantaneous dissipation! I would have a tough time defending this one of I were ever called before Greg Koch. Color was a pale yellow with NE-quality clarity and a good bit of carbonation in evidence. Nose smelled of lime and something peppery. Is this what the cactus was supposed to impart or was this some sort of marketing scheme? Mouthfeel was thin and watery with a really watered-down lime taste on the tongue. I have had better limeade! In fact, I had a Mike's Classic Margarita yesterday and while it may not be my cup of tea, it was more interesting than this. Finish had such a light taste of lime that I wondered why they even bothered. This needed more Ooomph to distinguish it from regular MichUltra. Again, what was the cactus supposed to have brough to the party? I feel like I missed something.

08-01-2012 14:00:31 | More by woodychandler
RonaldTheriot

Louisiana

3.25/5  rDev +36%

Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus has a thin, white head and a clear, very bubbly, straw appearance with almost no lacing. The aroma is of lime flavor and faint grain. Taste is mostly of water, with some lime and a shade of grain underneath. There is no bitterness to speak of with this. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus finishes crisp, clean, and refreshing, and it has maximum drinkability. Overall, those who enjoy very light beers with adore this, while beer aficionados will hate it.

RJT

07-28-2012 14:28:22 | More by RonaldTheriot
mdaschaf

Washington

2.48/5  rDev +3.8%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A: Pours a clear, light yellow color with a small white head that is gone in an instant, no lacing.

S: There is a slight lime aroma and really not much else. Slight grainy malt aroma.

T: A little more lime and another flavor that I can only assume is the cactus. Slightly zesty.

M: Light bodied with medium carbonation.

O: Not as bad as I thought it would be, the lime and cactus actually work kind of well together, but still not very good.

07-10-2012 21:27:33 | More by mdaschaf
oceanpotion

I admit it...I love this beer! Ok, I know I am not suppose to, beer snobs, but I do. This is a LIGHT beer and should be reviewed as such. Before you discount my review, know that I love a good, hearty, rich beer, but I do not love the calories, or how filling it can be. I have been tasting my Dad's German fav's since I was 5, so I know what all kinds of beer tastes like. I have had many micro- brewery specialties, and liked many of them. I have enjoyed many a black and tan in England and Scotland...

But getting back to this beer. Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus is so light, but flavorful, and so refreshing! It is also for weight conscious beer lovers, who want something more. I would also recommend it to serve people (especially women) who don't really think they like beer...people who don't like the heaviness, and the "taste" of the standard, like a Bud, etc...

It has the lime with a hint of salt finish, like a margarita, but without the hard liquor, sugar, and calories... Try it, you'll love it as well as your non-beer drinker friends... It can be your gate-way beer for them!

06-30-2012 14:28:30 | More by oceanpotion
Beastdog75

1.95/5  rDev -18.4%

This is the last of the 3 beers in the Michelob Ultra fruit-flavored pack I bought. I haven't had any real pleasant experiences drinking lime flavored beers, but this one is cactus lime! Well, here goes nothing...

This beer poured a yellowish color, and a pinkys worth of foam forms and lasts for almost 30 seconds. The carbonation is very active, like all the Michelob Ultra alco-pops. This of course leads to a very fizzy, seltzer like mouthfeel. The aroma was soapy at first, then the nose was dominated by the lime aroma. A light flavor overall, with the lime taste (which was actually a bit on the sour side) being predominant. A very light dryness in the finish, and the overall aftertaste was very clean and almost neutral save for some remnants of lime and light dryness. No alcoholic warmth here.

This is the first lime beer that didn't remind me Trix cereal, as the flavor was pretty much pure lime. Maybe I'm not too familiar with cactus, but I'm pretty sure there was no cactus flavor here. This one might the most enjoyable of the 3 beers in the pack (the others being Dragonfruit-peach and pomegranate-raspberry), but it still is pretty much a non-beer drinkers beer. I can see this being refreshing on a hot day if nothing else was available.

06-24-2012 04:29:45 | More by Beastdog75
smakawhat

Maryland

2.38/5  rDev -0.4%

Yup I stole you when you weren't looking there from your fridge! Clear bottle (man this could be skunk territory) into a nonic pint glass for the pour.

A shocking white head is made with about three fingers, snapping very loudly and settling fairly quickly (not too quickly though). Body color is a pale crystal clear straw yellow at first with lots of cola bubbles, then settling down with some nice looking carbonation. There actually might be some green tinge to this ironically. Surprisingly doesn't look that bad for a light lager.

What the heck is that on the nose? malt no? bread no? lime? not even it's friggin starburst chewy orange candy! This is STARBURST beer, and artificial sweetner smelling. I'll admit this smells interesting but since it doesn't smell like either beer or even lime then I am lowering my score. Luckily not skunked.

Taste is strange, but bizarrely not lacking what is hinted on the nose. Really huge seltzery soda feel and taste, with artificial sprite lime. There is next to nothing for finish on this beer, I get not aftertaste at all. Wet classic palate. Not much else.

I was thinking this was going to be worse than expected, but its what the label says minus cactus needles stuck in your face. A Sprite dumbed down beer, like that it doesn't have much calories, probably a brainless summer cheap quencher. Harmless, just not that fun.

04-04-2012 01:11:33 | More by smakawhat
JohnnyMc

1.68/5  rDev -29.7%

A very refreshing beer to drink in the summer. It has much more of a full taste than Budlight Lime and because of the heavy lime taste it masks the traditional Michelob Ultra flavor very well.

This beer is definitely a little better with the addition of salt around the mouth. Other than a cheap summer beer, this isn't very good.

02-16-2012 00:18:04 | More by JohnnyMc
thagr81us

South Carolina

Served from bottle into a shaker. Poured straw yellow with a minimal white head. Maintained decent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, wheat, lime, water, and floral. The flavor was of sweet malt, lime, water, and floral. It had a light feel on the palate with medium carbonation. Overall this is not that good of a brew. With that said, this is much better than the regular Mich Ultra though as it has more flavor. I could see the girls pounding these at a frat party in college. I would drink again, but only for the same reason I did this time... To sober up.

01-23-2012 16:47:01 | More by thagr81us
twiggamortis420

2.83/5  rDev +18.4%

12 oz bottle courtesy of fthomasl pours a very light yellow color with a minimalistic white head, even with an aggressive pour. Zero on the lacing front. Not a pretty looking brew.

Smells like green Skittles. That is all...very pungently sweet.

Taste shows some margarita mix with a light lager and a shitload of fizz. Not altogether bad, but it is very un-beer-like. I actually dont mind a Bud Light Lime every now and again...so compared to that, Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus is actually not half bad. Its definitely sweeter, more carbonated and less beer-y. I can easily finish this 12 oz sample, but I dont think I would ever buy it.

01-23-2012 01:22:13 | More by twiggamortis420
TMoney2591

2.93/5  rDev +22.6%

Served in a Gale Sayers shaker pint glass.

I'm gonna consider this research of sorts for an upcoming cactus-based desert beer... It pours a clear lightly-pale straw topped bya short-lived finger of lightly off-white foam. The nose comprises fake, sugary lime, wheat, and watered-down lemonade. The taste brings in more of the same, though somehow the sweetness is both increased and helpful. It's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be... The body is light, with a moderate carbonation and a wet feel. Overall, a suprisingly decent brew, one that wallows in artificiality, but abstains from taking it too far, going into real swill territory. I'm not sure how to feel right now...

01-17-2012 20:01:32 | More by TMoney2591