Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BEERchitect on 05-13-2007

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Lime Cactus has an exotic fruity aroma with a clean citrus finish.
to view more.
Ratings: 247 | Reviews: 118
1.71/5  rDev -28.5%

Pours the color of urine with no lacing. Artificial like flavor makes it taste like sprite and beer. Good beer for hot days. Gives a decent buzz after consuming several. Not much beer belly bloat is a plus to it. I'll stick with bud light lime on the artificial beers. Fake beer.

2.41/5  rDev +0.8%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass, I have no reason why!
Aroma- smells of artificial lime
Appearance- Looks like urine.
Taste- Better than urine. . .that's not really a compliment
Overall- why bother, it is an artificial beer that might be OK on a hot summer day. But it is way to fake for me and not that great tasting

2.5/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Eh, drinkable, but not what I would classify as pleasant.

Will not purchase or drink again.

2.25/5  rDev -5.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus - Anheuser-Busch. Poured from the bottle into a pint glass, the head fizzes like lemon lime pop, no lacing, and a pale clear golden swill of a body.

Smells like flavored sparkling water :/

Tastes like sparkling water, but a little sharply on the flavor. How in the Hell is this any derivation of beer AT ALL?

Mouthfeel is that of carbonated water.

Overall a 2.25 for Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus - Anheuser-Busch. I'll never purchase this flavored water again. I mean, I give every brew its day, terrible to orgasm-in-the-mouth, so this had its day. But, like I said, never again.

3.1/5  rDev +29.7%

Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus brewed by Anheuser-Busch, with an ABV of 4.2% This brew pours out a nice light amber color with a small white head. The smell is crisp with lime and citrus. You pick up on minor grans in this brew. Now for the taste; it is lime with little to no grains at the end. Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus puts you in the mind of 7 up. The mouthfeel is light with some lime. Overall I'm giving this brew a 3 out of 5. Not the worst brew I've had but not the best. There is not much to this brew.

2.3/5  rDev -3.8%

From notes on 9/6/2013

Nice fresh lime smell. Almost no color. Looks like a cider. Actually kind of tastes like a cheap cider. Overall a refreshing drink.

3.74/5  rDev +56.5%

This isn't a go-to top shelf beer intended for appreciated consumption. It is however eminently refreshing on hot, humid summer days. It's crisp and clean, far superior to Bud Light Lime. For its purpose, i.e. refreshment, I'll reach for this one on a regular basis. It's easy to drink.

4.49/5  rDev +87.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I feel like you either love this beer or hate it; I am the former. The beer is a wheat yellow type of color, and is very carbonated (has a huge head if you pour it into a glass). I personally enjoy the carbonated beer. It has an intense lime flavor, and IMO a MUCH better tasting beer than bud lite lime or any other lime beers out there. Has a crisp finish with little after taste. I call this beer a "candy" beer among my friends because it is so light and tasty. Lots of you beer purists will laugh at me for even rating this beer. I'm not a purist by any stretch of the imagination, I'm just a sucker for citrus tasting things and was fortunate to stumble upon the beer when I was in college. Thank the Lord that I did. Great beer to drink during the warm months of the year. Would recommend this to anyone who likes citrus tasting beer. Cheers!

3.45/5  rDev +44.4%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Sampling right now on 2/7/14. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a pilsner glass.

Pours clear golden-yellow with no head to speak of at all as well as no lacing. LOTS of bubbles due to high carbonation. The aroma is of grains and lime. The taste is the same but on the 'watered-down' side as would be excepted. Actually goes down easy with no bitter aftertaste. I liked this one BETTER than the regular Mick Ultra I had several months ago. Probably good for a hot summer's day.

1.44/5  rDev -39.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

Roommate picked this up on sale for $0.50 a bottle.

A - Golden color and rather effervescent.

S - Smells like imitation lime

T - Imagine combining michelob ultra or any other light lager with a lime snow cone. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't lime. I'm not really sure why cactus is in the name because I certainly don't taste any.

M - Like any other light lager, it is light and bubbly.

O - If you are going to consume a product that is this fake and synthesized I feel like you should just go with a malt beverage.

A-very clear pale with a white head that fades quickly
S-sweet grain with a citrus lime aroma coming in strong
T-lime was that taste with the sweet grain, and a crisp taste
M-light body with high carbonation
O-Bud light lime was better, but it might have something to do with me knowing this beer did not use real limes to flavor it.

1.4/5  rDev -41.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

My brother grabbed this as part of a mix-six.

Poured from a 12 oz twist-cap bottle into my tulip (lolz)

A = pissy yellowish green color, fizzy like soda.

S = fake lemon-lime scent, almost like Gatorade; can't detect malts or hops

T = tastes like somebody steeped a bunch of gummy worms in club soda, no hop bitterness

M = fizzy and thin, typical AAL mouthfeel

O = a horrible beer, do not recommend at all

1.63/5  rDev -31.8%

2.33/5  rDev -2.5%

12 oz. bottle, with no apparent bottled on date present. I've never had the original Michelob Ultra, so I have nothing to compare this to. The bottle claims a 4.00% abv, rather than the 4.20% listed on BeerAdvocate. Not expecting too much, based on the fact that this is an Anheuser-Busch product.

Poured into a Firestone Walker pint glass.

A - Pours about one finger of extremely lively carbonated white fizz, audibly sizzling away. Body is a clear yellow-straw-green color with massive carbonation bubbles everywhere. No lacing.

S - Smell is of extremely light citrus lemons & lime, grainy corn, and wet cardboard. For some reason, I feel like it smelled better when I drank it out of the bottle.

T - Taste improves a bit from the nose. Light, crisp, and citric with some carbonation tingling the tongue. Very light lime flavor, but at least it feels somewhat authentic, not completely artificial like a Bud Light Lime does. No real distinctive cactus taste, but it does have a cucumber gatorade / plant like taste buried in there somewhere.

M - Feel is crisp, carbonated, and finishes dry. Extremely light bodied and easy drinking. Practically no aftertaste whatsoever.

Overall, an extremely light, easy-drinking, refreshing beverage, perfect for a scorching summer day. Although, beyond that, I can't really see a need for such a product. The concept is nice, but it is of course poorly executed. This would probably be best if you just drank it straight from the bottle. Probably not something I would buy often, but I would definitely drink it again, and it was more than affordable at $6.99 for a six pack. I look forward to trying the Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry, among other variations.

Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus ---2.5/5

I absolutely love this and am having trouble finding it! :( Was told today the warehouse was empty right now.Oh my goodness.I like this a lot and have recently about 3 months ago changed to this.Love the taste .Leaves no aftertaste .Help !!

Anheuser-Busch in Saint Louis, MO .I need this on the shelves in my area!!!! Pleased customer!

2.51/5  rDev +5%

match1112 with the this stellar extra. 12 oz bottle into a tulip glass.

A - Pours a clear amber body looking very much like a basic AAL. Some soapy edging with minimal lacing.

S - Artificial lime juice and a very off putting chemical aroma. Not sure if its the "cactus" or just some skunked beer. Its fruity, fake, and kind of offensive.

T - Better. Skunked beer with an artificial lime finish as well as a gummy bear like sweetness. Its drinkable enough.

O - This is different than most lime beers, namely Bud Light Lime. I suppose its that cactus edge giving it some extra agave nectar sweetness. I understand that most beers have a purpose, even crappy or fruited ones. I just can't imagine anyone buying this for enjoyment. Its just not that good.

We've found the MIchelob Ultra Lime Cactus to be an outstanding beer, and love the refreshing taste, and the after taste. The only beer that has come close to it was the Shiner Bock Lime Cactus, that was a limited production beer. It did not compare to this to the Michelob, and it's all we drink now.

1.97/5  rDev -17.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.75

A: Pours a crystal clear medium yellow in color with heavy amounts of visible carbonation and some light to medium golden yellow highlights. The beer has a finger tall sudsy white head that quickly reduces to a couple of small patches of very thin film. Minimal amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Light aromas of bready malts with some slightly stronger aromas of lime syrup (similar to Rose's Lime syrup).

T: Upfront there are light flavors of adjunct malts, mostly corn and some grains that have a light amount of sweetness. After the malts, there are light to moderate flavors of lime syrup that is not too sweet and something that I cannot quite place which I am guessing is the cactus. Very light amounts of bitterness that fades almost immediately.

M: Light bodied with heavy amounts of carbonation. Very thin/watery.

O: This one is not for me, maybe I do not like the lime syrup with cactus combined with super light beer. It is easy to drink but I'm not sure I would call this enjoyable.

2.98/5  rDev +24.7%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

From the 12 fl. oz. bottle. Sampled on March 9, 2013.

I am going to rate this entirely on the style of a flavored light lager rather than a craft beer. The pour is golden yellow with little to no head. But it is a deeper yellow so it is better than average.

The aroma is mainly of lime juice with a little breaded malts. But the lime overwhelms just about any other aroma. So this is below average.

The body is a little better than light so that is above average.

The taste is much like the aroma. It is sweet with lime juice but there is a clean, crisp adjunct hop note at the end so that is around average.

2.18/5  rDev -8.8%

Poured from bottle into pint glass

Appearance – The beer pours a straw color with a big fizzy white head. The head fades very fast to leave only a tiny amount of lacing.

Smell – The aroma of the brew is heaviest of a sweet fruit punch smell

Taste – The taste begins with flavors of a sweet corn and lime. These flavors are persistent throughout the whole of the taste and make up the bulk of the flavor profile. More toward the middle and end there is a sugary candy flavor that comes to the profile mixing with the rest to produce an almost wine cooler like flavor.

Mouthfeel- The body of the beer is very light with a carbonation level that is very effervescent. The body and high carbonation level are quite fitting for the brew making it very soda like and matching the flavors well.

Overall – Well not really my kind of brew. I guess if you feel like a diet soda with vodka, you may like this, but then again why even bother.

2.37/5  rDev -0.8%

A - Didn't pour it. Murky gold through the glass bottle.

S - Smells like an alcoholic baja blast. Lime, slight blueberries.

T - Very modrate lime. Real lime, not artificial. Slight malt. The lime once again, tastes legitimate and not artificial like a bud light lime.

M - Medium bodied with medium carbonation. Fits well.

O - Overall this was a nice little flavored adjunct that would do well on a hot summer day. I'd have another in the specified situation or at a party.

2.03/5  rDev -15.1%

Poured form a 12 oz can into a pint tulip glass. This pours a crystal clear light straw color with a fizzy short lived white head. The smells are of sugar, lime, sort of a soda smell. The feel is light. The taste is more tasteless than I expected, mostly taste of water with hints of lime and sugar, you don't drink this one for flavor.

2.58/5  rDev +7.9%

A - pale gold with a very thin, fizzy white head that quickly fades away.

S - sugary artificial lime

T - artificial lime, a hint of sugar

M - crisp, light bodied, a bit over carbonated

It is what it is. It's too sweet for me, but ultimately it achieves what it set out to achieve. A fruity light lager that you can pound.

2.69/5  rDev +12.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

It has been almost two years to the day since I reviewed this from a CAN and seeing it available at my local singles shop, I felt compelled to try a different serving type.

My quick pour resulted in a finger of fizzy, foaming, popping bone-white head with almost instantaneous dissipation! I would have a tough time defending this one of I were ever called before Greg Koch. Color was a pale yellow with NE-quality clarity and a good bit of carbonation in evidence. Nose smelled of lime and something peppery. Is this what the cactus was supposed to impart or was this some sort of marketing scheme? Mouthfeel was thin and watery with a really watered-down lime taste on the tongue. I have had better limeade! In fact, I had a Mike's Classic Margarita yesterday and while it may not be my cup of tea, it was more interesting than this. Finish had such a light taste of lime that I wondered why they even bothered. This needed more Ooomph to distinguish it from regular MichUltra. Again, what was the cactus supposed to have brough to the party? I feel like I missed something.

3.27/5  rDev +36.8%

Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus has a thin, white head and a clear, very bubbly, straw appearance with almost no lacing. The aroma is of lime flavor and faint grain. Taste is mostly of water, with some lime and a shade of grain underneath. There is no bitterness to speak of with this. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus finishes crisp, clean, and refreshing, and it has maximum drinkability. Overall, those who enjoy very light beers with adore this, while beer aficionados will hate it.

RJT