Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BEERchitect on 05-13-2007

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Lime Cactus has an exotic fruity aroma with a clean citrus finish.

We've found the MIchelob Ultra Lime Cactus to be an outstanding beer, and love the refreshing taste, and the after taste. The only beer that has come close to it was the Shiner Bock Lime Cactus, that was a limited production beer. It did not compare to this to the Michelob, and it's all we drink now.

I admit it...I love this beer! Ok, I know I am not suppose to, beer snobs, but I do. This is a LIGHT beer and should be reviewed as such. Before you discount my review, know that I love a good, hearty, rich beer, but I do not love the calories, or how filling it can be. I have been tasting my Dad's German fav's since I was 5, so I know what all kinds of beer tastes like. I have had many micro- brewery specialties, and liked many of them. I have enjoyed many a black and tan in England and Scotland...

But getting back to this beer. Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus is so light, but flavorful, and so refreshing! It is also for weight conscious beer lovers, who want something more. I would also recommend it to serve people (especially women) who don't really think they like beer...people who don't like the heaviness, and the "taste" of the standard, like a Bud, etc...

It has the lime with a hint of salt finish, like a margarita, but without the hard liquor, sugar, and calories... Try it, you'll love it as well as your non-beer drinker friends... It can be your gate-way beer for them!

I absolutely love this and am having trouble finding it! :( Was told today the warehouse was empty right now.Oh my goodness.I like this a lot and have recently about 3 months ago changed to this.Love the taste .Leaves no aftertaste .Help !!

Anheuser-Busch in Saint Louis, MO .I need this on the shelves in my area!!!! Pleased customer!

4.52/5  rDev +87.6%

You just burned a couple thousand calories on the bike. Why put them back on with a surly stout or pretentious porter? This beer is neither. Michelob makes honest, quality beers for hard working Americans. The Ultra Lime Cactus is definitely their pinnacle brew; a true epiphany in a bottle. Even tastier than the Pom Wheat. Keeping with the theme of simplicity and American pride, the bottle is twist-off which makes it even easier to quaff post-ride. My hands are sensitive and tender after a long excursion on the bicycle; I'm told Michelob's caps are tightened to a precise 2.8n/m which makes them easy to twist off, but ensures maximum oxygen barrier capacity. No detail is ignored. Step back and take a good look: From the light blocking clear bottles to the Neuvo-Americano label design, the true treasure is all around -- not just in the brew. The Ultra Lime Cactus (or ULC as I call it) is an experience not to be rushed.

4.49/5  rDev +86.3%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

I feel like you either love this beer or hate it; I am the former. The beer is a wheat yellow type of color, and is very carbonated (has a huge head if you pour it into a glass). I personally enjoy the carbonated beer. It has an intense lime flavor, and IMO a MUCH better tasting beer than bud lite lime or any other lime beers out there. Has a crisp finish with little after taste. I call this beer a "candy" beer among my friends because it is so light and tasty. Lots of you beer purists will laugh at me for even rating this beer. I'm not a purist by any stretch of the imagination, I'm just a sucker for citrus tasting things and was fortunate to stumble upon the beer when I was in college. Thank the Lord that I did. Great beer to drink during the warm months of the year. Would recommend this to anyone who likes citrus tasting beer. Cheers!

A- very pale yellowish

S- My girlfriend says keystone with lime.... But I have to disagree, maybe my sense of smell is off, but I smell lime.

T- like a light beer with lime, but a bit better than any I have had thusfar.

M- a little fizzy and uneventful

D- Not the best beer, but I like it.

3.92/5  rDev +62.7%

For a light beer this is really a pretty decent beer. I see a lot of low ratings by the beer snobs. That shouldn't detour you from trying this beer. Just because it doesn't taste like you have a mouthful of ear wax doesn't mean it is not a good beer. There are other defining characteristics besides tasting like a bitter bottle of crap. This is a great summer beer. Great for drinking on a hot day. Nice smooth finish and the lime is pretty decent for a bottle that is mixed with the lime ahead of time. Definitely a better taste than the Bud Light Lime. I really think Michelob Ultra has found a great niche in the market with their whole line of beers. There are not many great tasting light beers out there. Michelob is one of the exceptions.

3.77/5  rDev +56.4%

Drank directly from the bottle. Bright yellow color. Very crisp lime flavor and some other sweet flavors also. This beer is very easy to drink and is very refreshing on a warm spring day. Much better choice than bud lime or even Corona. This beer is pairing nicely with some homeade buffalo chicken and greek salad.

3.74/5  rDev +55.2%

This isn't a go-to top shelf beer intended for appreciated consumption. It is however eminently refreshing on hot, humid summer days. It's crisp and clean, far superior to Bud Light Lime. For its purpose, i.e. refreshment, I'll reach for this one on a regular basis. It's easy to drink.

3.63/5  rDev +50.6%
look: 3 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

one of the best lime beers, watery but still very good everone i know seems to like it. has a dry taste to it guess thats why its called cactus , I put this at the number 1 light beer girls love it.

3.63/5  rDev +50.6%

While leaving Midway Airport I decided at the last minute to carry on a piece of luggage with some contraband - A bottle of mezcal complete with a fat red moth larvae common to the agave "cactus".

I asked if I could keep 4 oz and the worm but they frowned on my idea offering to allow me to go back and check the luggage just a few minutes before the flight took off.

I was think about my lost bottle of mezcal when I found this special release that I picked up in St. Louis.

If you into flavored light pilsners this one is well made and offers a interesting Lime Cactus flavor. Attractive packaging. Inviting aroma and typical light pilsner clean taste and watery mouthfeel.

Still quite drinkable on a hot summer day - the first one with temps in the 90's

3.57/5  rDev +48.1%

So my girlfriend really wanted to try this beer, so I broke down and grabbed a six of this. I decided "what the hell, why not try one?"

A: Pours a light yellow with two fingers of bone-white head that quickly fade. Minimal lacing.

S: Lime and some corn and grains fills the nose. It doesn't smell overpowering, yet smells like it actually might taste okay for a light lager.

T: For the style, this actually isn't bad...in fact...this actually tastes good. There is not an overpowering amount of lime...and it actually tastes like I put a lime in a beer...doesn't taste artificial. Who knows if it is or not. I tastes a slight bit of lime that fades into a mild flavor of grains and corn. Finishes very crisp and clean.

M: Carbonation is moderate, yet it feels like club soda and feels very much like water.

D: If you're into this style of beer, you can pound these brews all night. 4.2% ABV Isn't bad...AND ONLY 95 CALORIES!

I honestly believe this is the best of the "With Lime" beers out there. AB, thank you for actually doing something right.

3.45/5  rDev +43.2%
look: 3 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Sampling right now on 2/7/14. Bottle chilled down to 36 degrees F in my beer cooler and poured into a pilsner glass.

Pours clear golden-yellow with no head to speak of at all as well as no lacing. LOTS of bubbles due to high carbonation. The aroma is of grains and lime. The taste is the same but on the 'watered-down' side as would be excepted. Actually goes down easy with no bitter aftertaste. I liked this one BETTER than the regular Mick Ultra I had several months ago. Probably good for a hot summer's day.

3.39/5  rDev +40.7%

Presentation: Poured from a 12oz clear bottle into a pint glass.

Appearance: The head is bright white in color, fizzy and fades out quickly leaving no head. Its body is pale and light yellow in color with excellent clarity.

Smell: The aroma has a mild citrus lime with light grains and something that reminds me of aloe.

Taste/Mouth feel: Its flavor has mild lime citrus and light grains on a smooth slippery palate. The carbonation is balanced to the light body and the finish is crisp and dry.

Notes: Its very refreshing an highly drinkable.

3.39/5  rDev +40.7%

Although not a real connoisseurs brew, taking it for what it is (a low cal mac), the usually bland and watery ultra may have something here. This brew is one of the best thirst quenchers I have drank to date. After a 12 hour day in 90+ degrees and 90% humidity this brew really hits the spot as a starter. I nominate it for the ultimate of lawnmower beers. The semi-sour taste of lime and the tanginess of cactus seems to go well with the high carbonation. The flavor remains semi-sour throughout with a dry tangy finish. Again, not a sessioner for the die-hard, but if you are looking to quench a thirst and enjoy something brewed, this is the ticket.

3.31/5  rDev +37.3%

On a hot day, when the beer is really cold, it tastes and feels great. It is a very light beer but the lime is very present and refreshing. As for the cactus aspect, ?????? Nothing craft or complex about it but highly palatable.

3.27/5  rDev +35.7%

Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus has a thin, white head and a clear, very bubbly, straw appearance with almost no lacing. The aroma is of lime flavor and faint grain. Taste is mostly of water, with some lime and a shade of grain underneath. There is no bitterness to speak of with this. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus finishes crisp, clean, and refreshing, and it has maximum drinkability. Overall, those who enjoy very light beers with adore this, while beer aficionados will hate it.

3.24/5  rDev +34.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

I drank this from a pint glass..

Pours a clear golden yellow color with a thin head that quickly disappeared. It smells of flowers and lime sherbet. It tastes of lime sherbet too. That's about it, it's a lime sherbet beer. It's very carbonated and light with a slightly dry finish. This beer isn't bad lot's of flavor almost like a key lime pie. Definitely a gimmick but hey it tastes pretty good.

3.2/5  rDev +32.8%

Upon seeing the spread of fruit flavored Michelob Ultra ticks, I naturally assumed this would be the worst. Cactus has an interesting flavor and lime, well, you know...

A: The pour is, once again, pale yellow with a head that leaves before it has a chance to say hello.

S: The lime is surprisingly in check in this beer, and the cactus aroma is subtle as well. This sort of has a 7-Up/Sprite syrup aroma to it (not the soda, just the syrup), with some cactus added for whatever reason.

T: The cactus is probably the most noticeable flavor here, but the limes are there. It's more of a lime peel/zest sort of flavor, rather than the fake lime juice I was expecting.

M: The body is light and the carbonation is on the high side, but it's not as overdone as the other flavors.

D: As awful as it might be to some people to say/admit, this wasn't really all that bad. I don't know how often I'd want to drink this, but it tasted pretty decent.

3.13/5  rDev +29.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

A: The typical light to golden yellow color of most American Light Lagers. I drank this right out of the bottle - about half a finger of fizzy white head persisted for most of the bottle.

S: Some corn and malty sweetness mixed with lime. Macro lager with lime in it - imagine that!

T: Ya' know, this doesn't taste too bad. It's far from a fine sipping brew, but somewhat tasty and refreshing. The lime flavor is predominate, but not overpowering. The typical sweet corn and malts of macro lagers are also present.

M: Kind of like lime flavored seltzer water - thin and fizzy, but somewhat crisp.

D: I was kind of thirsty and just looking for something to throwback quickly. I grabbed this out of the fridge and it did the trick. As far as American Light lagers go, this one is more than bearable and pleasantly drinkable. A good picnic beer that you don't have to feel bad about drinking straight from the bottle.

3.12/5  rDev +29.5%

The beer pours a pale yellow color with a thin, fizzy white head that quickly fades to spotty lacing. The aroma is average. It has a faint pilsner malt scent along with a crisp lime aroma. It's light and refreshing. The taste is average as well. It has a light and watery pilsner malt and adjunct flavor that's crisp and clean with a nice lime character. It's easily quaffable on a hot day. The mouthfeel is decent. It is a low bodied beer with good carbonation. This is a typical light lager with a nice lime taste. This would be a fine choice in the hot weather.

3.1/5  rDev +28.6%

Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus brewed by Anheuser-Busch, with an ABV of 4.2% This brew pours out a nice light amber color with a small white head. The smell is crisp with lime and citrus. You pick up on minor grans in this brew. Now for the taste; it is lime with little to no grains at the end. Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus puts you in the mind of 7 up. The mouthfeel is light with some lime. Overall I'm giving this brew a 3 out of 5. Not the worst brew I've had but not the best. There is not much to this brew.

3.09/5  rDev +28.2%

Not a craft beer, and its not meant to be. For what it is its good, on a hot day ( working outside) i don't want a 9% or 10% abv ipa or porter i want this.

3.03/5  rDev +25.7%

Appearance: 1 inch head, light gold in color, clear, high carbonation

Smell: This smells like lime soda..Lots of lime candy.

Taste: key lime, sugar, and very minimal beer taste--but just enough to make you realize this is not soda.

Mouthfeel: high carbonation, super light bodied, sweet

Overall: This one is not offensive especially on a hot day. However, it moreso tastes like lime soda than beer. To its credit, it does not have some of the nasty chemical taste that other lime beers have though. There is only an inkling that lets you know hey--this is beer. I find I would drink this after a really dry beer, but would otherwise pass. I did try to grade this to style and in comparison to most in the style, it is drinkable.

Pours a clear straw color with a fluffy white head that fades down to nothing. Smells ok, sort of like a lime girly lotion or something, definitely not like a beer, still not an awful smell. The taste is sweet lime, that's about it. Sort of like drinking lime water without the bitter lime citrus bite. Mouthfeel is ok and you could drink these pretty much all day long.

Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus from Anheuser-Busch