Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BEERchitect on 05-13-2007

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Lime Cactus has an exotic fruity aroma with a clean citrus finish.
2.58/5  rDev +3.2%

A - pale gold with a very thin, fizzy white head that quickly fades away.

S - sugary artificial lime

T - artificial lime, a hint of sugar

M - crisp, light bodied, a bit over carbonated

It is what it is. It's too sweet for me, but ultimately it achieves what it set out to achieve. A fruity light lager that you can pound. (325 characters)

2.69/5  rDev +7.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 2.5

It has been almost two years to the day since I reviewed this from a CAN and seeing it available at my local singles shop, I felt compelled to try a different serving type.

My quick pour resulted in a finger of fizzy, foaming, popping bone-white head with almost instantaneous dissipation! I would have a tough time defending this one of I were ever called before Greg Koch. Color was a pale yellow with NE-quality clarity and a good bit of carbonation in evidence. Nose smelled of lime and something peppery. Is this what the cactus was supposed to impart or was this some sort of marketing scheme? Mouthfeel was thin and watery with a really watered-down lime taste on the tongue. I have had better limeade! In fact, I had a Mike's Classic Margarita yesterday and while it may not be my cup of tea, it was more interesting than this. Finish had such a light taste of lime that I wondered why they even bothered. This needed more Ooomph to distinguish it from regular MichUltra. Again, what was the cactus supposed to have brough to the party? I feel like I missed something. (1,077 characters)

3.27/5  rDev +30.8%

Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus has a thin, white head and a clear, very bubbly, straw appearance with almost no lacing. The aroma is of lime flavor and faint grain. Taste is mostly of water, with some lime and a shade of grain underneath. There is no bitterness to speak of with this. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus finishes crisp, clean, and refreshing, and it has maximum drinkability. Overall, those who enjoy very light beers with adore this, while beer aficionados will hate it.

RJT (516 characters)

2.47/5  rDev -1.2%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

A: Pours a clear, light yellow color with a small white head that is gone in an instant, no lacing.

S: There is a slight lime aroma and really not much else. Slight grainy malt aroma.

T: A little more lime and another flavor that I can only assume is the cactus. Slightly zesty.

M: Light bodied with medium carbonation.

O: Not as bad as I thought it would be, the lime and cactus actually work kind of well together, but still not very good. (449 characters)

I admit it...I love this beer! Ok, I know I am not suppose to, beer snobs, but I do. This is a LIGHT beer and should be reviewed as such. Before you discount my review, know that I love a good, hearty, rich beer, but I do not love the calories, or how filling it can be. I have been tasting my Dad's German fav's since I was 5, so I know what all kinds of beer tastes like. I have had many micro- brewery specialties, and liked many of them. I have enjoyed many a black and tan in England and Scotland...

But getting back to this beer. Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus is so light, but flavorful, and so refreshing! It is also for weight conscious beer lovers, who want something more. I would also recommend it to serve people (especially women) who don't really think they like beer...people who don't like the heaviness, and the "taste" of the standard, like a Bud, etc...

It has the lime with a hint of salt finish, like a margarita, but without the hard liquor, sugar, and calories... Try it, you'll love it as well as your non-beer drinker friends... It can be your gate-way beer for them! (1,092 characters)

1.95/5  rDev -22%

This is the last of the 3 beers in the Michelob Ultra fruit-flavored pack I bought. I haven't had any real pleasant experiences drinking lime flavored beers, but this one is cactus lime! Well, here goes nothing...

This beer poured a yellowish color, and a pinkys worth of foam forms and lasts for almost 30 seconds. The carbonation is very active, like all the Michelob Ultra alco-pops. This of course leads to a very fizzy, seltzer like mouthfeel. The aroma was soapy at first, then the nose was dominated by the lime aroma. A light flavor overall, with the lime taste (which was actually a bit on the sour side) being predominant. A very light dryness in the finish, and the overall aftertaste was very clean and almost neutral save for some remnants of lime and light dryness. No alcoholic warmth here.

This is the first lime beer that didn't remind me Trix cereal, as the flavor was pretty much pure lime. Maybe I'm not too familiar with cactus, but I'm pretty sure there was no cactus flavor here. This one might the most enjoyable of the 3 beers in the pack (the others being Dragonfruit-peach and pomegranate-raspberry), but it still is pretty much a non-beer drinkers beer. I can see this being refreshing on a hot day if nothing else was available. (1,259 characters)

2.38/5  rDev -4.8%

Yup I stole you when you weren't looking there from your fridge! Clear bottle (man this could be skunk territory) into a nonic pint glass for the pour.

A shocking white head is made with about three fingers, snapping very loudly and settling fairly quickly (not too quickly though). Body color is a pale crystal clear straw yellow at first with lots of cola bubbles, then settling down with some nice looking carbonation. There actually might be some green tinge to this ironically. Surprisingly doesn't look that bad for a light lager.

What the heck is that on the nose? malt no? bread no? lime? not even it's friggin starburst chewy orange candy! This is STARBURST beer, and artificial sweetner smelling. I'll admit this smells interesting but since it doesn't smell like either beer or even lime then I am lowering my score. Luckily not skunked.

Taste is strange, but bizarrely not lacking what is hinted on the nose. Really huge seltzery soda feel and taste, with artificial sprite lime. There is next to nothing for finish on this beer, I get not aftertaste at all. Wet classic palate. Not much else.

I was thinking this was going to be worse than expected, but its what the label says minus cactus needles stuck in your face. A Sprite dumbed down beer, like that it doesn't have much calories, probably a brainless summer cheap quencher. Harmless, just not that fun. (1,376 characters)

1.69/5  rDev -32.4%

A very refreshing beer to drink in the summer. It has much more of a full taste than Budlight Lime and because of the heavy lime taste it masks the traditional Michelob Ultra flavor very well.

This beer is definitely a little better with the addition of salt around the mouth. Other than a cheap summer beer, this isn't very good. (331 characters)

Served from bottle into a shaker. Poured straw yellow with a minimal white head. Maintained decent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, wheat, lime, water, and floral. The flavor was of sweet malt, lime, water, and floral. It had a light feel on the palate with medium carbonation. Overall this is not that good of a brew. With that said, this is much better than the regular Mich Ultra though as it has more flavor. I could see the girls pounding these at a frat party in college. I would drink again, but only for the same reason I did this time... To sober up. (594 characters)

2.8/5  rDev +12%

12 oz bottle courtesy of fthomasl pours a very light yellow color with a minimalistic white head, even with an aggressive pour. Zero on the lacing front. Not a pretty looking brew.

Smells like green Skittles. That is all...very pungently sweet.

Taste shows some margarita mix with a light lager and a shitload of fizz. Not altogether bad, but it is very un-beer-like. I actually dont mind a Bud Light Lime every now and again...so compared to that, Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus is actually not half bad. Its definitely sweeter, more carbonated and less beer-y. I can easily finish this 12 oz sample, but I dont think I would ever buy it. (637 characters)

2.91/5  rDev +16.4%

Served in a Gale Sayers shaker pint glass.

I'm gonna consider this research of sorts for an upcoming cactus-based desert beer... It pours a clear lightly-pale straw topped bya short-lived finger of lightly off-white foam. The nose comprises fake, sugary lime, wheat, and watered-down lemonade. The taste brings in more of the same, though somehow the sweetness is both increased and helpful. It's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be... The body is light, with a moderate carbonation and a wet feel. Overall, a suprisingly decent brew, one that wallows in artificiality, but abstains from taking it too far, going into real swill territory. I'm not sure how to feel right now... (685 characters)

2.35/5  rDev -6%

From tasting notes 10-19-11
Poured into a snifter

Appearance: Pale straw pour, tall foamy white head that settles fast and leaves a delicate web of lacing behind.

Smell: Smells like a lime--artificial lime flavoring. To me it smells a lot like a lime freezy pop.

Taste: I literally just taste the lime flavoring described above with just a hint of that light lager taste.

Mouthfeel: Light body, high carbonation. Springy feel in the mouth, but the carbonation is too harsh.

Overall: This beer is way too limey for me. There's nothing to the beer other than lime, but it is definitely better than plain michelob ultra, for sure. (636 characters)

Poured into a mug.

Yellow with some white head. Highly clear with some super active carbonation.

Smells limey, like a 7 up.

Tastes limey, like an soda. Better than BL Lime or Chill. Not too sure about the cactus flavors. It's in there but it's faint. Artificial fruit flavor.

Very carbonated and watery.

Overall, no thank you...unless I ran out of beer on a canoe trip or on the 4th of July. (396 characters)

Served this 12 clear bottle in a tulip pint. Coded 11130 BF 01. For entertainment I compared this mass market lime beer to Bud Light Lime. I reviewed this against other light lagers , not as a craft beer. This one had a very light gold body with a whispy white head that left a fine ring. It actually retained more of a head than the BLL.

The smell was Kool-Aid like. Sweetness and limes.

The taste was hints of beer and hints of lime. The lime was stronger. Watery. The lime flavor tasted more artificial than the BLL. Also this one was also sweeter tasting than the BLL. Very easy to drink, although I wouldn't want too many - even on a hot day because the artificial lime taste would be cloying.

The mouthfeel was not overly carbonated and it was very light bodied. (772 characters)

3.03/5  rDev +21.2%

Appearance: 1 inch head, light gold in color, clear, high carbonation

Smell: This smells like lime soda..Lots of lime candy.

Taste: key lime, sugar, and very minimal beer taste--but just enough to make you realize this is not soda.

Mouthfeel: high carbonation, super light bodied, sweet

Overall: This one is not offensive especially on a hot day. However, it moreso tastes like lime soda than beer. To its credit, it does not have some of the nasty chemical taste that other lime beers have though. There is only an inkling that lets you know hey--this is beer. I find I would drink this after a really dry beer, but would otherwise pass. I did try to grade this to style and in comparison to most in the style, it is drinkable. (733 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -58.8%

I dont know who ever thought of this beer, but who ever they are needs to be stabbed. My friend bought this for me because he thought it was a "weird craft beer". Well I wasnt going to be a jerk so I told him thanks and drank the beer... This is the worst decision of my life. I literally gagged on the horrible taste of the beer. anyways to the review...

The beer is a pale yellow piss color, nothing else more

The smell just isnt good at all. It has a tiny bit of malt and maybe some lime and funky scents

The taste is just horrible. I dont know how to else to explain it. I have it more than any beer I have ever had.

The mouthfeel is a lot of carbonation.

This beer sucks, dont buy it. (694 characters)

3.24/5  rDev +29.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

I drank this from a pint glass..

Pours a clear golden yellow color with a thin head that quickly disappeared. It smells of flowers and lime sherbet. It tastes of lime sherbet too. That's about it, it's a lime sherbet beer. It's very carbonated and light with a slightly dry finish. This beer isn't bad lot's of flavor almost like a key lime pie. Definitely a gimmick but hey it tastes pretty good. (398 characters)

Pours a clean/clear golden yellow color, some carbonation, little fizzy white head, which did leave some sticky lacing behind. The nose has a nice scent of lime, grain, and kinda ricy. The taste is pretty cool citrus, but also grainy/ricy. Light Body. Tastes pretty good on a hot day, but would not really seek out again. (321 characters)

1.94/5  rDev -22.4%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

A - A light gold color with no head and no lacing.

S - Just a little bit of lime nothing else.

T - Extremely fake lime syrup, with a light grain whisp aftertaste that coats the mouth. It honestly wouldn't be that bad if the lime didn't taste so fake.

M - light bodied with moderate to heavy carbonation.

O - Only reason I rated it this high, is because it did go pretty well with some lime flavored chicken wings. (417 characters)

2.23/5  rDev -10.8%

Into a pint glass this one’s a pale clear yellow with no carbonation streams. Tiny joke of a thin white head fades faster than you can say “chick beer.” Surprisingly, it retains a thin ring and some lacing all the way to the bottom of the glass. Nose smells of seltzer water with a lime twist. Tastes of watered down lime punch, artificial flavor; kind of like a couple of lime Jolly Ranchers dissolved in a glass of water (I think I’m sensing a theme here). Faint astringent note, with a slightly dry, mildly alcoholic finish. Of the three “flavored” Mich Ultras I tried, the Lime Cactus was the only one that had any kind of alcohol flavor whatsoever. Mouth is fizzy and wet, and wholly underwhelming. Overall, it’s inoffensive, not overly sweet, and quenching. It’s the least offensive of the 4-flavor Mich Ultra multipack. (842 characters)

2.91/5  rDev +16.4%

Mich Ultra Cactus Lime is a perfect hot summer lawn mower beer. It is very refreshing, but it is not a beer for beer snobs. The attempt by Mich Ultra to hit the Corona & Lime is quite nice. The color is clear golden with good carbonation....not much head. The smell is lime/syrup....the taste is also dominated by lime. The mouthfeel is fine....perfect for hot days...like at Disney World for example. (401 characters)

2.69/5  rDev +7.6%

Another cheap beer provided by my bro-in-law. Poured into a glass. Pours a pale gold. No head. Scents of lime, lemon, rice. Mouth is sharp with good carbonation. Easy gulper. Flavor isn't too bad. I like the lime characteristic, but the rest of it is just plain weak. Cheap grains like rice and corn make up the most of it. The lime addition steps this one just a cut above the regular Ultra, but this is still something I'd avoid in the future. (445 characters)

2.7/5  rDev +8%

Just want to start off by saying that Cactus just sounds really interesting as a beer additive. However lime, not so much. This brew is probably the best out of the three in the series. The look of the beer is very light and has almost no head. The smell is of lime mostly not much of anything else happening here. The taste is light flavored with lime not really sure what cactus tastes like so it's hard to pick up on that. The beer itself isn't really all that great. I might try this one again if it was free. (513 characters)

2.8/5  rDev +12%

Poured from a bottle into a Pilsener glass.

Look - clear, pale golden color with about a finger's worth of foam that dissipates quickly.

Smell - Obviously a lot of lime aroma. Other than that just a typical adjunct lager/light beer type of smell.

Taste and Mouthfeel - Like the smell, mostly just lime and a typical light beer taste. Texture is not surprisingly on the watery side.

Drinkability - A drinkable beer, but not at all complex or interesting. (458 characters)

2.75/5  rDev +10%

Buddy of mine bought a 6-pack... so I had to too...

- Clear fizzy bubbly straw yellow... looks like watered down carbonated pee.

- Slightly smells like Lemon-Lime Gatorade.. light sweetness... and that's about it.

- Light grains, ultra light... lime. lemon, gatorade flavors.. very artificial.. sweetness... like a soda pop, or sprite. Zima?

- Thin, watery, light bodied, bubbly force carbonated... like a pop. Sprite w/ a touch of grain.

- Easy to drink... in the morning after a bad hangover. What were they thinking? 8th grade promotion for a girl? (559 characters)

Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus from Anheuser-Busch