1. Get 12 issues / year of BeerAdvocate magazine for only $9.99!

Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus - Anheuser-Busch

Michelob Ultra Fruit Lime CactusMichelob Ultra Fruit Lime Cactus

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Michelob ULTRA Fruit Lime Cactus has an exotic fruity aroma with a clean citrus finish.

(Beer added by: BEERchitect on 05-13-2007)

1.39/5  rDev -41.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

My brother grabbed this as part of a mix-six.

Poured from a 12 oz twist-cap bottle into my tulip (lolz)

A = pissy yellowish green color, fizzy like soda.

S = fake lemon-lime scent, almost like Gatorade; can't detect malts or hops

T = tastes like somebody steeped a bunch of gummy worms in club soda, no hop bitterness

M = fizzy and thin, typical AAL mouthfeel

O = a horrible beer, do not recommend at all

2.75/5  rDev +15.1%

3.25/5  rDev +36%

1.53/5  rDev -36%

3.75/5  rDev +56.9%

2.35/5  rDev -1.7%

12 oz. bottle, with no apparent bottled on date present. I've never had the original Michelob Ultra, so I have nothing to compare this to. The bottle claims a 4.00% abv, rather than the 4.20% listed on BeerAdvocate. Not expecting too much, based on the fact that this is an Anheuser-Busch product.

Poured into a Firestone Walker pint glass.

A - Pours about one finger of extremely lively carbonated white fizz, audibly sizzling away. Body is a clear yellow-straw-green color with massive carbonation bubbles everywhere. No lacing.

S - Smell is of extremely light citrus lemons & lime, grainy corn, and wet cardboard. For some reason, I feel like it smelled better when I drank it out of the bottle.

T - Taste improves a bit from the nose. Light, crisp, and citric with some carbonation tingling the tongue. Very light lime flavor, but at least it feels somewhat authentic, not completely artificial like a Bud Light Lime does. No real distinctive cactus taste, but it does have a cucumber gatorade / plant like taste buried in there somewhere.

M - Feel is crisp, carbonated, and finishes dry. Extremely light bodied and easy drinking. Practically no aftertaste whatsoever.

Overall, an extremely light, easy-drinking, refreshing beverage, perfect for a scorching summer day. Although, beyond that, I can't really see a need for such a product. The concept is nice, but it is of course poorly executed. This would probably be best if you just drank it straight from the bottle. Probably not something I would buy often, but I would definitely drink it again, and it was more than affordable at $6.99 for a six pack. I look forward to trying the Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry, among other variations.

Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus ---2.5/5

2.5/5  rDev +4.6%

2.5/5  rDev +4.6%

I absolutely love this and am having trouble finding it! :( Was told today the warehouse was empty right now.Oh my goodness.I like this a lot and have recently about 3 months ago changed to this.Love the taste .Leaves no aftertaste .Help !!

Anheuser-Busch in Saint Louis, MO .I need this on the shelves in my area!!!! Pleased customer!

2.75/5  rDev +15.1%