Michelob Ultra - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Brewed using the finest barley malt, select grains, all-imported hops and a pure-cultured yeast strain. The special choice of grains combined with the extended mashing process produces a smooth, refreshing beer with fewer carbohydrates.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-19-2002)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Michelob Ultra Alström Bros

Tastes fine, gets you drunk before filling you up. Also maybe I want to watch my weight. Bunch of animals on here...

4.76/5  rDev +157.3%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

After lengthy test of human endurance, man prefers to be rewarded with this magnificent brew. Cans are the prefered container due to their low weight for packing on a cycling, sailing, or skiing adventure. The slender size makes the cans perfect for packing into ones jeans. Optimally cans can be inserted through the front zipper stashed in the jeans above the ski boots. The cans are often purchased by the "30" as they are assorted into a beautiful suitcase. In ones hands delicate fingers wrap effortlessly to ensure a tight grip. The feeling of holding a slender tall yet athletic can can only be compared to the exhilarating feel of yachting on the mediterranean after a grueling cycle through the dolomites. The taste is world renowned. Some have compared the taste to that of a very young yet well fed flamingo, oh how delicious they are. After consumption the body feels a great pleasure which has no equal. The smell brings ill prepared man to his knees for it is unrivaled. As the beer slides down a man's throat he oft not forget how powerful each day he breathes earths air can be.

4.75/5  rDev +156.8%

4.75/5  rDev +156.8%

4.5/5  rDev +143.2%

I am not sure why people dislike it so much. For 20 bottles it was 12$. Great buy. It is a great beer to relax and drink with. It does the trick but it has decent quality and taste when you compare it to other light beers in the same price range. It has a sweet taste that doesn't linger.

4.35/5  rDev +135.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

I like this beer. I can have it cold, I can have it warm (that's right!). And there's no "ick" taste to it. Maybe I got a good case? There's no "ick" factor when swallowing and I can drink it whether it's ice cold or it has been sitting out for an hour. This is a good beer with food or alone. The character is not there, the "colour" is not there, the "texture" is not there - but who cares? I don't! If it tastes good and I can have bottle after bottle without feeling gross or having a nasty aftertaste, it's a winner to me. Plus it's a light beer with low calories. I was appalled to see this had an F rating. Crap!

Michelob Ultra is one of my top beers officially. Thanks michelob!

4.3/5  rDev +132.4%

Ice cold not bad. Tastes sweet.

4.18/5  rDev +125.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

I'm diabetic with high triglycerides...not supposed to drink beer or whiskey, on both counts. From more healthy days, WAY back, my top three beers were Warsteiner, Becks, and Michelob Light. I'm not supposed to drink ANY beer, but I sneak one every month or so. So far, the only beer that doesn't impact my physical conditions (on a ONE beer serving only basis) is Michelob Ultra. Admittedly, it doesn't have the qualities of a Warsteiner or a Becks (which would now yield me "Alley Oop" ankles, on one serving) but it does compare favorably (for me) to Michelob Light, my favorite American beer. Ultra is not one of my top three beers, but if I want to avoid painful swelling in my ankles & lower legs while enjoying a single beer a month...it is my ONLY beer and I am truly grateful for it. It is enjoyable, and that's what it's now all about, for me!

Michelob Ultra from Anheuser-Busch