Michelob Ultra - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-19-2002

Brewed using the finest barley malt, select grains, all-imported hops and a pure-cultured yeast strain. The special choice of grains combined with the extended mashing process produces a smooth, refreshing beer with fewer carbohydrates.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Michelob Ultra Alström Bros
Ratings: 2,012 | Reviews: 607

Tastes fine, gets you drunk before filling you up. Also maybe I want to watch my weight. Bunch of animals on here...

4.89/5  rDev +162.9%

very clean and refersing very l;ight

4.76/5  rDev +155.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

After lengthy test of human endurance, man prefers to be rewarded with this magnificent brew. Cans are the prefered container due to their low weight for packing on a cycling, sailing, or skiing adventure. The slender size makes the cans perfect for packing into ones jeans. Optimally cans can be inserted through the front zipper stashed in the jeans above the ski boots. The cans are often purchased by the "30" as they are assorted into a beautiful suitcase. In ones hands delicate fingers wrap effortlessly to ensure a tight grip. The feeling of holding a slender tall yet athletic can can only be compared to the exhilarating feel of yachting on the mediterranean after a grueling cycle through the dolomites. The taste is world renowned. Some have compared the taste to that of a very young yet well fed flamingo, oh how delicious they are. After consumption the body feels a great pleasure which has no equal. The smell brings ill prepared man to his knees for it is unrivaled. As the beer slides down a man's throat he oft not forget how powerful each day he breathes earths air can be.

4.71/5  rDev +153.2%

Overall, I like the taste andcontent. Seems to be a bit pricy to have around for a regular beer.

4.68/5  rDev +151.6%

I am a fan of domestic light beer, and this is my goto. The bros insist waitresses card me when I order, claiming you can't order Ultra unless you are under 21. But I can't help myself, this is what I like. I can drink these all night with no damage. If you like flavor or a buzz, stay away - this aint THAT brew. This is for guys like me who harvest flavor from the enchiladas, and seek refreshment from my brew.

4.5/5  rDev +141.9%

I am not sure why people dislike it so much. For 20 bottles it was 12$. Great buy. It is a great beer to relax and drink with. It does the trick but it has decent quality and taste when you compare it to other light beers in the same price range. It has a sweet taste that doesn't linger.

4.44/5  rDev +138.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

My favorite light domestic beer.

4.34/5  rDev +133.3%

Ice cold not bad. Tastes sweet.

4.3/5  rDev +131.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 5

I like this beer. I can have it cold, I can have it warm (that's right!). And there's no "ick" taste to it. Maybe I got a good case? There's no "ick" factor when swallowing and I can drink it whether it's ice cold or it has been sitting out for an hour. This is a good beer with food or alone. The character is not there, the "colour" is not there, the "texture" is not there - but who cares? I don't! If it tastes good and I can have bottle after bottle without feeling gross or having a nasty aftertaste, it's a winner to me. Plus it's a light beer with low calories. I was appalled to see this had an F rating. Crap!

Michelob Ultra is one of my top beers officially. Thanks michelob!

4.18/5  rDev +124.7%

Good light beer Love it

4.17/5  rDev +124.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

I'm diabetic with high triglycerides...not supposed to drink beer or whiskey, on both counts. From more healthy days, WAY back, my top three beers were Warsteiner, Becks, and Michelob Light. I'm not supposed to drink ANY beer, but I sneak one every month or so. So far, the only beer that doesn't impact my physical conditions (on a ONE beer serving only basis) is Michelob Ultra. Admittedly, it doesn't have the qualities of a Warsteiner or a Becks (which would now yield me "Alley Oop" ankles, on one serving) but it does compare favorably (for me) to Michelob Light, my favorite American beer. Ultra is not one of my top three beers, but if I want to avoid painful swelling in my ankles & lower legs while enjoying a single beer a month...it is my ONLY beer and I am truly grateful for it. It is enjoyable, and that's what it's now all about, for me!

Light not much flavor. Ok.

3.96/5  rDev +112.9%

Had this one on a crazy night chillin with the homedogs. Arrrooo!

A: Can't see it in the bottle.

S: Like beer in a bottle with a bit of snot. Second opinion says sweet. Third smell indicates hops.

T: No Molson M. No gross, bitter aftertaste. Kind of like eating yoghurt to cleanse your palette. Leaves a clean taste in your mouth. Perfect for after eating Butterfinger bites.

M: Feels like slightly flattened fountain pop...perfection giggle giggle.

Nobody's gonna lay a finger on my Butterfinger. Or Michelob Ultra for that matter.

3.93/5  rDev +111.3%

I don't know why this beer gets knocked all the time, if you want a low carb/light beer with a decent taste and a higher than 3% volume this is it.

3.91/5  rDev +110.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Great light beer to enjoy without the calories. Smooth with lower alcohol content than other beers. Just a good beer to have onhand.

3.8/5  rDev +104.3%

If I want a light refreshing beer it's going ot be an Ultra. It's simply the leat offensive of the light beers. Extremely light taste but very smooth with no bitterness. Nicely carbonated. These go down way easy and are refreshng when they are ice cold. Good summer beer when it's brutally hot out and you want to cool off. This beer has it's place.

3.72/5  rDev +100%

i think this is the PERFECT BEER-if you want to make a new york style egg cream! tried it at a bike race [tubs of it, FREE!] thought to myself, wow, this tastes like real seltzer-high carbonation, not too salty, not much flavor. went home, picked up some Fox's Ubet, 2% milk and a 6-pack. mixed them together and had the best egg cream since i was a kid.

I'm not sure if this is a positive review or a negative, but I keep it in the house all the time now.

3.7/5  rDev +98.9%

After three days of drinking, I thought Monday Night Football, I should have something lite. This isn't too bad. It is crisp and smooth. The smell is ok, not too impressive, but not bad. Served ice cold, this is good for low carb "diet beer". The colour is real lite, like a rolling rock.But overall I did enjoy this. I won't drink it all the time, but I will go back..
One more thing, the packaging, the bottle ..etc.. definately make you at least want to try it..
Happy Drinking Folks!

3.66/5  rDev +96.8%

Served at fridge temperature in a pilsener glass. Born on 06MAY08 and sampled six weeks later.

Appearance- With a twist of the cap, this beer pours almost perfectly clear... the faintest straw yellow hue peers through what looks like sparkling water. The head stands almost two fingers high, soapy and snow white, then vanishes to a thin, broken mat across the top. There is constant activity in the glass.

Smell- A sharp, vegetal smell reminiscent of husks and cereal, with a straw-like crisp hop presence at the end. There's actually a pleasant, floral sweetness that isn't cloying which surprises me.

Taste- Although weak, the flavors in this beer are remarkably balanced and pleasing for what this is... a "lowly" Light Lager. The cereal notes are forward enough to hit first, but then a hint of grass and flowers gently come forth. The finish is simple and unmemorable, but the resulting taste is easy and not at all bad. I am shocked so far.

Mouthfeel/Drinkability- This begins a bit prickly, but doesn't go wild like others I've tried. It thins out and goes watery after a few seconds in the mouth, which doesn't surprise me. This is the easiest and most enjoyable light beer to drink out of a glass, even after a half hour coming closer to cellar temperature this never became difficult. Craziness.

3.66/5  rDev +96.8%

I've heard good things about this beer and decided to give it a try.
This sample is 5 weeks old.
It pours a very pale straw color that darkens after it gasses off.
The smell is faintly floral.
It tastes very nice...mild, but nice. No distinctive flavors, very little bitterness or sweetness, this is just a delicately flavored beer that has great drinkability.
It has a clean mouthfeel, nicely carbonated and enough alcohol to keep it from tasty too watery.

3.59/5  rDev +93%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 4 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.75

This isn't a top notch beer, but it has a taste that I personally find to be quite decent.

3.55/5  rDev +90.9%

Saw this in a local pub and just had to try it. Pours the lightest I have seen in recent memory, this beer is so pale it looks like it needs a warm dose of chicken soup and some serious bed rest. Spritzy and effervescent, head does not stick around but I would not expect it to.

Low aroma of pilsener malt and cooked corn, similar in flavour with a very low bitterness level; carbonic bite counteracts whatever malt sweetness there is more than hops do. I fancy there's a trickle of spicy hop as the beer warms up but I am not entirely sure. Very light body reflects the pale colour.

I give them big points for producing what they intend and getting it all the way down under with negligible loss in quality. It's clean and wet, not much else to it but importantly to me there are not any faults other than perhaps too fizzy.

3.53/5  rDev +89.8%

This is the beer I go to when I just want to get a cold, refreshing buzz without the bitterness of full flavor beer or the alcohol kick of liquor. Not much going for it in terms of character. I drink carbonated water daily and this simply feels like a hoppy, alcoholic version of that. I would say that it's deceptively strong for its watered down taste.

3.45/5  rDev +85.5%

You know what a long time ago I didn't like this stuff for some reason, but I have drank a lot and I drink all the time

and this stuff even though it has a low alcohol content is actually amazing and taste so clean and beautiful.

this is one of the best beers!! ... if you have the money

3.44/5  rDev +84.9%

Pale straw appearance, with a stark-white and soapy head that doesn't retain.

The aroma is rich, from what you can get. Barley, grains, hops, and no adjuncts to my surprise.

The taste, however, is very similar to a flat soft drink. Even though it is very carbonated, it still tastes like a flat soda. There's a slight bite, but it comes from the carbonation. Then the middle and the finish is all white breadiness from the barely malt.

It's very dry, crisp, clean, refreshing.

Almost tasteless. But the taste you do get is very pleasant.

Michelob Ultra from Anheuser-Busch