Michelob Ultra - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-19-2002

Brewed using the finest barley malt, select grains, all-imported hops and a pure-cultured yeast strain. The special choice of grains combined with the extended mashing process produces a smooth, refreshing beer with fewer carbohydrates.
to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 1,954 | Reviews: 584
1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

2.5/5  rDev +35.1%

2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

2.43/5  rDev +31.4%

Pours a very pale straw yellow color with a small amount of fizzy white head, not really any lacing.

The scent was mostly of corn.

The taste was of corn, some biscuty malts and yeast.

Light bodied, incredibly thin, very crisp, low carbonation.

I have to say this was much better than I had anticipated. There is actually some flavor which I expected none. I doubt I will drink this ever again but I would take it over many other light lagers.

1.5/5  rDev -18.9%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

The most amazing thing about this beer is the color. Unlike other light beers that are at least some pale shade of gold or copper, this one looks clear, almost like sparkling water. Any tint in this liquid is silverish if anything. I thought it was Zima. Smell? What smell.

It's easy to bash this beer but it really does taste like water to me. Sparkling water with some beer essence in there somewhere. I have no other description to add to taste or mouthfeel but sparkling water. Very drinkable though. You could give this beer a 1 if it was the least bit offensive but it doesn't do much one way or the other. "Goes down easy!" But why would you want it to?

1.05/5  rDev -43.2%

A buddy of mine hosting his off-training party dared me to drink one of these, betting my "sophisticated beer palate" *his words* wouldn't allow me to finish the whole thing. This is where pride gets in the way...
Offered in a standard pint glass, MicU had to be the palest brew I laid eyes on, just water with a drop or two of yellow dye #2 diluted. A fizzy white head flared and died in an instant.
The smell was non-existent. Tried smelling tap water? Same, same. No malt, no hops, not even something 'off', just nothing. The taste actually displayed a faint husky malt and corn syrup flavor and a ghostly metallic note at the very back of my tongue. The feel was like tonic water, very light and spritzy thanks to a plethora of carbonation.
I had no problem downing this "beer". Hell, it was like drinking water and I do that all day. However, as beers go, this is simply taking advantage of those people out there fearful of carbs and lacking much beer appreciation. As for me, I came, I drank, I won't have it again. Any BA seeing me holding one in the future has my permission to beat me to a bloody pulp. I deserve it.

1.35/5  rDev -27%

My Dad is a notorious cheap ass. He like to be referred to as a "Cheap Bastard". This was his offering for Easter.

12 oz bottle, poured intoa pint glass. No head, despite the fizzyness. Thin watery looking lace sits on the surface, nothing on the glass. Color looks like well hydrated urine. Pale, pale yellow. I can read what I just typed through this it's so clear.

Smell has a harsh husky grain aroma. Taste is boiled vegetables, dry corn and some hay characteristics.

Mouthfeel is lighter than water some how. The carbonation is super-charged and gritty.

2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

2.63/5  rDev +42.2%

Poured into a pint glass at 38 degrees.

Appearance: A two finger white heat that has absolutely no retention. The color of the beer is a really light yellow. There are a couple of effervescence bubbles. The clarity of the beer is brilliant.

Nose: A very light malty sweet corn.

Taste: A super light malty with a taste of corn.

Overall: The mouth feel is crisp and clean. The body of the beer is super light and the finish is nil. This beer doesn't have much going for it. The beer fits well in the guidelines for its style and that is only the reason why it got this rating.

1.37/5  rDev -25.9%

Pale, almost clear yellow with a slight skim of foam around the edges. Smells very faintly of creamed corn and nothing else. This beverage takes flavorless to new levels. Very similar to sparkling water. Watered down grain and faint artificial sweetness. Very light effervescent mouthfeel, finishes squeaky clean. My buddy left a few of these in the fridge and I just couldn't resist. I think this beer is for those that want a diet beer without all that "beer flavor" getting in the way.

1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Michelob Ultra from Anheuser-Busch