Michelob Ultra - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-19-2002

Brewed using the finest barley malt, select grains, all-imported hops and a pure-cultured yeast strain. The special choice of grains combined with the extended mashing process produces a smooth, refreshing beer with fewer carbohydrates.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Michelob Ultra Alström Bros
3.75/5  rDev +102.7%

2.5/5  rDev +35.1%

1.75/5  rDev -5.4%

1.65/5  rDev -10.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 1.5

This is possibly the lightest-coloured beer I have ever seen. It almost looks like champagne or something similar. There is a ton of carbonation rushing up to the top, but not much of a head to speak of.

The aroma is almost as non-existent as the colour. I think I smell some grain... It smells like "beer" though. I suppose that's good.

The "flavour" is slightly sweet and kind of has a smooth corn kind of thing going on. Not a lot to talk about here either. It isn't exactly offensive, if only because there is hardly anything to be offended by.

Overall... ULTRA boring. I never thought I'd say "Pass me the Bud Light"

2.75/5  rDev +48.6%

1.5/5  rDev -18.9%

2.75/5  rDev +48.6%

2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

1.73/5  rDev -6.5%

Superior light beer? In my part of California it sure comes at a premium price. For those looking for low calorie, low carb beer, this works well. It is well made, but just lacks any real character. This really seems like a beer aimed at people who don't like beer. AB's other beers in this category have a lot more going for them, even the "value" brands.

2.35/5  rDev +27%

I usually don't drink light beers. Somehow I was at the gas station walk in fridge and wanted something cheap and different and saw this. I thought wow Ultra that's not a light beer. When I got home a read the label more closely and realized it was a light beer. I needed to mow the lawn today so this was perfect. Cold, refreshing, not offensive. I really like the sexy tall can. Not much of a smell. Feels good in my mouth and is very smooth. Taste is actually ok, doesn't taste like much but nothing bad. Overall I liked it. I may choose this over Coors light and definitely over bud light.

Cheers :)

1.75/5  rDev -5.4%

1.93/5  rDev +4.3%

Beer special at the local bar for a pitcher so I figured what the heck, it was cheap. If you have left the mass market beers and dip your toes back in, you'll discover how little flavor and experience is out there. I will say this was better then water and since I had to drive home, it was a good choice. Clean and crisp was the most I got and AB can do that well.
A-Clear, no head, clean... safe
S-Actually, one of the better smelling mass market beers, floral with some pine
T-clean, mild, better then other light beers
M-hello, are you there? Not really
O-Safe, doesn't make me want to down another and get in trouble driving, clean and for it's style, one of the better AB offerings.

1.25/5  rDev -32.4%

2.25/5  rDev +21.6%

2.59/5  rDev +40%

Appearance: as I poured it from the bottle into a glass it looked clear white. In the glass it was very pale yellow, not much head at all

Smell: light beer smell, a bit of sweetness aroma

Taste/mouthfeel: watery, bubbly, more sweet than other big name light beers, and less skunky or bitter

Overall, very watery and no flavour, but still better than Coors or Bud light.

Michelob Ultra from Anheuser-Busch