Michelob Ultra - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 05-19-2002

Brewed using the finest barley malt, select grains, all-imported hops and a pure-cultured yeast strain. The special choice of grains combined with the extended mashing process produces a smooth, refreshing beer with fewer carbohydrates.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Michelob Ultra Alström Bros

1.75/5  rDev -5.4%

1.75/5  rDev -5.4%

2.43/5  rDev +31.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

3.5/5  rDev +89.2%

4.17/5  rDev +125.4%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4.25

I'm diabetic with high triglycerides...not supposed to drink beer or whiskey, on both counts. From more healthy days, WAY back, my top three beers were Warsteiner, Becks, and Michelob Light. I'm not supposed to drink ANY beer, but I sneak one every month or so. So far, the only beer that doesn't impact my physical conditions (on a ONE beer serving only basis) is Michelob Ultra. Admittedly, it doesn't have the qualities of a Warsteiner or a Becks (which would now yield me "Alley Oop" ankles, on one serving) but it does compare favorably (for me) to Michelob Light, my favorite American beer. Ultra is not one of my top three beers, but if I want to avoid painful swelling in my ankles & lower legs while enjoying a single beer a month...it is my ONLY beer and I am truly grateful for it. It is enjoyable, and that's what it's now all about, for me!

2.05/5  rDev +10.8%

On tap at a party at a friend's home poured into standard pint glass.

A - A very pale yellow with a weak and fleeting head. Zero lacing.

S - Practically no smell to speak of.

T - I can't say it's "bad" because it has almost no taste. The good thing is that you can't taste that adjuncts either.

M - Like drinking water - seriously.

O - I hadn't had a Michelob Ultra in a long time and now I remember why. I did some investigation among the party guests who were drinking a fair amount of the stuff and got the typical "I don't like the stuff you drink" answer. Oh well, to each his own.

1.25/5  rDev -32.4%