Budweiser & Clamato Chelada - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Zorro on 06-24-2007)
View: Beers (79) |  Events

chrispoint

Connecticut

06-06-2012 05:52:00 | More by chrispoint
Patrick2012

I'm sorry, I personally don't think this beer deserves an actual review. I know BA doesn't like beers being openly bashed but this is possibly the most foul tasting things I've ever put in my mouth. I don't know why I still see it at my local grocery store to this day. Sorry but this is unacceptable

09-07-2012 02:37:19 | More by Patrick2012
jscheuf

07-12-2014 18:05:35 | More by jscheuf
JayQue

This beer has nothing to recommend it. It wound up as a drain pour. Pours a dark pink color with a light pink head. The head is a weak fizzy one that fades fast. No lacing

Smells like clam juice with tomato. Taste is the same. Little or no taste of beer. You can't say the mouthfeel is too thin. The clam juice and tomato taste are thick, but again there is no hint of beer. Drinkability is terrible. I poured it down the sink after about 6 ounces. I would rather get a buzz off Listerine.

If you want to try something different that is widely criticized, get some Cave Creek Chile beer. More than likely you won't like it, but you will probably finish the bottle.

05-12-2008 01:24:29 | More by JayQue
kojevergas

1 pint 8 fl oz can acquired at a cheap Mexican cornerstore in Los Angeles and served into a hefeweissbier glass in me gaff. Reviewed live. Expectations could not be worse.

A: Three finger head of off-pink vomit colour (really, it's fucking uncanny), terrible retention, and no cream. Colour is a nontransparent hazy red. Horrible appearance all around.

Sm: Vomit and tomato puree, with perchance some light grapefruit. This is one of the worst aromas I've ever encountered. And it's moderately strong to boot.

T: Vomit and tomato. Perhaps putrefaction and vague meconium to boot. Really one of the foulest concoctions I've ever endeavored to swallow. Some light clam notes are present, which add to the mixture in a distinctly miserable way. Horribly, wretchedly built and balanced. Atrociously awful. What in Ireland we refer to as "utter shite". It's like they combined Hitler's bodily fluids (and I do mean ALL of them) with smegma. I imagine it would taste the same on the way up. Seriously disgusting.

Mf: Smooth and wet.

Dr: It's appalling this beer even has a market. Who buys this more than once? This is plain terrible. This is otherwordly in its wretchedness. There's a distinct vomit note, and I say that without hyperbole. It would actually be better if it were watery. Please for the love of God don't consume this filth. This is an insult to beer, even by AH Busch standards. Jaysus H Fooking Christ, lads. Don't even use this for cooking. Unfathomably foul.

If this isn't a 1 out of 5, what is? Where do we draw the line?

08-31-2011 05:51:35 | More by kojevergas
uublr

04-05-2014 15:46:38 | More by uublr
emmasdad

Colorado

I ended up at a party the other night, after a long day, mind warped and body tired. I saw folks drinking this beer, and I could not resist the evil pull, something inside my wrecked brain urging me to try it, imploring me, to the point where my desire to try this beer bordered on the brink of obsession, and I just had to try it. And it was fucking disgusting. Somehow the brewers at Anheuser Busch managed to make one of the worst macros out there taste even worse. Luckily, I could not taste any clam juice, but I got a little pickling spice, some cheap tomato juice and a nasty taste lingering in my mouth.

07-02-2011 04:37:50 | More by emmasdad

04-30-2014 17:44:34 | More by kjkinsey
levi_shanks

07-26-2013 06:42:22 | More by levi_shanks
Treath

My friend bought and shared this with me straight from the can.

It looked reddish.
Smelled awful..kind of like V8 tomato drink and something else.
Taste was just plain nasty. Clam, tomato, and beer. I almost puked.
I think this the worst tasting beverage I have ever drank in my life.

07-09-2010 05:43:43 | More by Treath

307x

Ontario (Canada)

06-16-2013 20:20:53 | More by 307x
beardtongue

Savannah IL. A surprise flash flood finds me and my mates hectically trying to protect our campsite belongings before relinquishing all control to the rain. We retreat in our rental to Cap'n Walts liquor/bar to wait it out. At some point our semi-ironic perusal of the worst beers on hand produces chelada, the most memorable selection of the evening, even more so than Sparks. The can which clearly states not to shake the product is covered with corporate shite. We decided (sans shake) that the beer should be reviewed in thirds. The first third a watery swill that may or may not be pure busch. the second a skanky redolent factorized seafood which is reminiscent only of vomit going the wrong direction. The third, and this is after repeated round-robins amongst the brave,brave,b rave, coowardly goes to one last soul who describes the experience as a potpourri of every spice and flavoring and coloring we should have had earlier. Spicy MSG, fake tomatoes, kind of a stale bloody mary gone bad sitting around, a frat dorm party the following weekend drink this on a dare, type of wretchedness.
After the beverage we are suddenly imbued with a sober sense of newfound clarity, an appreciation for the good things in life and a post-war wariness of how close we could all be to the ugliness and wickedness. We visit nearby "Poopy's" and all get tattoos of "never again" it could mean the terrorists or the exxon valdez spill or numerous other things but it DOES mean no more chelada, now or ever, it is solidarity, and an inside joke, and the best of all possible reasons to get inked.

08-06-2009 03:43:40 | More by beardtongue
youngleo

A- Poured to a very bubbly head that disappeared before I put the can down. Looked like a watered down version of tomato soup.
S- Smelled of tomato juice, salsa, and spices or pepper. T- Tasted like s---. (you can fill in the blanks). Had a hot after taste. Also tasted like watered down tomato soup.
M- Terrible, I was afraid to swallow after it was in my mouth for fear of puking. To much carbonation. Very watery.
D- Are you kidding, I threw the can and product away, even though it was a 10 cent deposit. I felt like I needed drano to get rid of the taste. Do not waste your money. This shoudnt even be on this web sight, this product does not even resemble beer in any form.

01-15-2008 20:51:37 | More by youngleo

mjurney

11-19-2011 17:05:29 | More by mjurney
rye726

Colorado

Saw this at the store and had to try it. Ended up being a good way to increase my appreciation for quality beer. A cloudy pinkish red with not much of a head. The nose and taste are of watered down tomato juice and stale grains. Thin body with too much carbonation. Terrible stuff.

05-08-2009 17:39:52 | More by rye726
porterwoobie

poured from a 24oz bottle into a standard pint glass

A: reddish color, looks like a bloody mary

S: like V-8 mixed with a typical american light lager. i'm already dreading the taste.

T: yup. i think i puked in my mouth a little.

MF: honesty, it didn't stay in my mouth long enough to get a sense. i had it in my mouth and was instantly chasing it with some liquor to burn my taste buds.

Drinkability: not at all and never again.

to be honest, i don't like bloody mary's or clams. it was doomed right from the start.

05-16-2009 19:26:42 | More by porterwoobie