Budweiser & Clamato Chelada - Anheuser-Busch

pDev: 53%
Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Zorro on 06-24-2007)

2/5  rDev 0%

1.5/5  rDev -25%

2.65/5  rDev +32.5%

Poured from 16oz pounder into a pint glass.

Appearance: salmon pink hue with a little bit of a fizzy head when first poured which dissipated immediately. Not particularly attractive, but we're talking about clamato in Bud, here.

Smell: lightly tomato-ey V8-type aroma with a little bit of sweetness. The lime is also noticeable. For what it is, it could be a lot worse; still, it's not my favorite beer aroma, to say the least.

Taste: it tastes a bit like a very lightly sweetened bloody mary, but not as thick. I would not call this a good beer, but for what it is, you could do a lot worse.

Mouthfeel: light body with a light and uninteresting carbonation. Not great.

Overall: I can't say I will be recommending this as a beer anytime soon. However, if what you are looking for is a lightly alcoholic bloody mary in a can, I'm not sure I could recommend anything else. This beer may not be great, but it is exactly as advertised -- there are no surprises here whatsoever.

2.75/5  rDev +37.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

24 oz can poured into an imperial pilsener glass

A- Pours a ruby red color with with a pinkish white head that dissipated almost immediately. Carbonation is very active.

S- Smells like tomato juice, salty, with a hint of lime citrus. Picking up a little bit on the corny Budweiser smell.

T- Taste just like a beer mixed with tomato juice. The tomato juice flavor is dominant, pretty salty, and beer flavor does not really stand out. Not really surprising because it is Budweiser.

M- The tomato gives it a medium bodied mouthfeel. Carbonation is crisp and I enjoyed it.

O- Hardly a beer in my opinion, but I did enjoy it. I have always liked red beers (beer with tomato juice) so I enjoyed this. It goes nicely with an olive garnish and is an excellent hangover cure.

Photo of

You rated this beer. Add a review.

2.75/5  rDev +37.5%

2/5  rDev 0%

1.05/5  rDev -47.5%

Appearance. Pours a lightly rusty tomato-juice red with a little gold.

Smell. Canned tomato juice, celery, a little bit of beer smell that's reminicent of the drips that you get on your hand when you're collecting those beer cans from a party the night before.

Taste. Clamato juice with extra celery, lime juice, and sweet, terrible bmc lager.

Mouthfeel. Medium body with a soft grainy texture, somewhat sticky, and light + carbonation.

Overall. Truly putrid. I hate to be this negative in a review, and rarely am, but this stuff is vile. I thought I could handle this, being a Caesar fan on occasion, but a few sips of this tall boy was enough. I would advise to never buy this beer, even out of curiosity as was the case for me. A rating of 1 seems very generous here.

3.98/5  rDev +99%

Let's get something straight...I'm not comparing this to Ayinger or Lagunitas. I absolutely LOVE this beverage as the first one (sometimes even two) of the early evening. No chance I'm drinking 'em all night.

To the point though, it is more beer than juice...there is no hint of "thickness" or "clams" to it and it has just the right amount of peppery taste. I only drink it on hunting trips and recently turned a few doubters into zealous supporters of the almighty Chelada.

Try one in an ice cold can and I guarantee if you ignore your own prejudices you will love it (especially if you like Bloody Marys).

3.75/5  rDev +87.5%

1.83/5  rDev -8.5%

A: Pours a cloudy pale pinkish orange in color (not dissimilar to pink grapefruit juice) with some light amounts of visible carbonation. The beer has a quarter finger tall fizzy pinkish white head that quickly fades to a thin ring at the edges of the glass. Moderate to significant amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Moderate to strong aromas of crushed tomatos, tomato juice, celery salt, and something very briny...maybe even fishy.

T: Moderate to strong flavors of watery tomatos, celery salt, salt/brine, and clam juice...there is no beer like flavor from the Budweiser that I can discern.

M: Light bodied with moderate to heavy amounts of carbonation. Slightly slick.

O: This is not something that I will be running out to try again but I'm glad I finally found it as it was rather elusive... Semi-offensive in the smell and taste but I guess it is something that really appeals to different palates (possibly ethnic or diet based...).

2.25/5  rDev +12.5%

4.53/5  rDev +126.5%

I am from Saskatchewan in Canada everyone I know that I know all say they love it. The only problem is is that it's not supported by the slb so its hard to fined and who does have it can charge what ever they want. When it comes to the drink it's self we all love it and can't get enough of it I'm going to a buddy's tonight and I'll be drinking cheladas there keep up the good job.

2.05/5  rDev +2.5%

Reviewed to style.

Pours a cloudy pink tomato color with a short lived pink head. Smells of salty tomato juice, but not of beer. Tastes follows suit with flavors of tomato juice, brine, V8-like spices and a splash of tobasco in the aftertaste. Brine reminds me of the ocean. Tastes like salty, fishy, tomato ass. Still not getting any beer. Spritzy carbonation, medium-low body, budweiser mouthfeel. Spice lingers after I swallow. I cringe at the thought of drinking this again.

I'm sorry, I personally don't think this beer deserves an actual review. I know BA doesn't like beers being openly bashed but this is possibly the most foul tasting things I've ever put in my mouth. I don't know why I still see it at my local grocery store to this day. Sorry but this is unacceptable

Budweiser & Clamato Chelada from Anheuser-Busch