Bud Light Lime - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.
to view more.
Ratings: 2,271 | Reviews: 545
Reviews by DUBinMIA:

Served in a pub glass from a bottle.

Very pale straw yellow color, very clear filtered look

no aroma noted

water like very light bodied

taste and looks like water.... no aroma... no head... i hear its very hard to make though and they get it the same every time... i guess that is one positive... oh and they do have good commercials!!!

1.64/5  rDev -24.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This beer.... This beer is just Bud Light with a little bit of lime in it. And I mean a LITTLE bit of lime. But it's actually a little better than Bud Light. Why, you ask? Because the lime covers up a little bit of the "Bud Light" taste. Don't get me wrong, I mean, it still tastes like Bud Light. But the lime helps distract a little bit from the pain.

And since this beer is literally the exact same thing as Bud Light, save for the lime, I am just going to copy and paste my Bud Light review below, while making one, small appendage:

COPY AND PASTE BEGIN:

There isn't much to say about Bud Light that hasn't already been said. It's not that it's a BAD beer - it doesn't have a BAD taste, or a BAD smell.... but rather it LACKS just about everything. There is almost no flavor, no smell, the beer is extremely pale (even for a pilsner - I've seen darker champagnes). You can taste some slight corn, grains, and malt, (AND A LITTLE BIT OF LIME!!!!) but it really all gets overpowered by the extreme carbonation. Hops are basically irrelevant and almost completely unnoticeable. The beer is about as thin as they come.

Having had many of these throughout my college years, I've come a long way. Bud Light gives you exactly what you pay for - a "beer" to drink when you really don't care about what beer you're drinking. With a nearly absent flavor and smell, there are MANY better options than Bud Light, even at comparable prices.

COPY AND PASTE END.

So there you have it. Next time you want Bud Light - look and see if they have Bud Light Lime. It's just a pinch better.

1.53/5  rDev -29.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Its been over a year since I first saw this beer being sold in my store and until just now I figured what the hell i'll look in to it.
24oz. can poured into a pilsner glass vigorously.

A- Very pale straw yellow fluid that revels a loose inch of bubbly white head that falls to nothing just like the lacing, nothing. Spritzy carbonation sparkles.

S- Smell is well... limes and lots of them! If any a hint of sweet malts and thats pushing it.

T-M- Ice cold this taste like a overly lime Mexican beer upfront but with more observations on the flavors it becomes appearent that this is but a bud light with a massive dose of artifical lime bite. To me this beer taste like fruit loops cereal. Cereal malts, artifical fruit flavor and sugar is all I taste.
Mouthfeel is slick with moderate carbonation bursting the "fruit loop" flavors in all directions.

All and all there is a time and place for a beer like this i just haven't found it yet... cheers!

1.46/5  rDev -32.4%

TERRIBLE! not good at all..this beer is the same crappy beer as bud light with a twist..now they added a bunch of artificial lime flavor which basically tastes like a bunch of candy mixed with beer. Reminiscent of a mexican cervesa with a light body. Overall this beer is not something you want to drink i cant even imagine what a hangover from this beer must be like. Avoid at all costs!

1.96/5  rDev -9.3%

The short story is that this beer tastes almost exactly like Fruit Loops cereal. The lime flavor does not feel "natural" but instead very extract-like. Really one of the worst beers I've ever tasted, and evidence of a disturbing trend--and I've actually warmed up to having a regular BudLight here and there. Not snobbery, this is just gross.

2.76/5  rDev +27.8%

this is not a good beer. This beer is made to be drunk in large quantities. It might be good for chicks or beer bong. I wouldn't be caught dead with this beer again at a party. Also, I wouldn't be too open to pair this with any types of food except wings.

2.07/5  rDev -4.2%

Not good. Thats the simple summary. The carbonation is soda like and is not reminiscent of beer. The lime is again not lime like and is flagrantly artificial tasting. The artificial lime overpowers the weak flavor of the bud light. This is far from the worst beer ever made, it can be drank, but I see little reason anyone would really want to.

3.15/5  rDev +45.8%

Presentation: It was poured from a clear 12oz bottle into a pint glass.

Appearance: It has a bright golden color with a bright white head. The head pours big and fizzy before retreating down to a thin layer of random sized bubbles. It leaves little to no lacing on the glass.

Smell: The aroma had a heavy fruity lime citrus character that dominates some light grainy cereal notes.

Taste/Mouth feel: Its flavor is fruity tasting like a bowl of Froot Loops or Fruity Pebbles breakfast cereal. Malt flavor is light, sweet and grainy with a good dose of imitation lime flavor mixed in. The body is light and refreshing with a smooth slightly slick texture and modest carbonation.

Notes: Fans of malt beverages like Zima or Smirnoff Ice may like this beer as well as some non beer drinkers. I actually liked it on that level but as a beer it was way off balance.

1.98/5  rDev -8.3%

had this at a friends 27th b-day... i traded a McNally's Ale for one... i regret it now.

A: just like Bud Light, overly fizzy, thin head, pale yellow.

S: not like beer at all, overly limey... just... bad, but not quite awful as i was able to put it to my mouth.

T: lime, like the smell, it doesn't taste like beer at all, lime mixed with corny grains, it was lackluster... worse than regular bud-light, which i much loath.

M: like bud light, like water.

D: it was hot that day so it went down alright, definately not going to purchase it.

this is a bar-yahoo beer for young gents thinking that they're drinking real beer... i, along with most of my mates have not been impressed by this brew.

sad to say, it's horrid compared to bud/coor's light and i've never purchased those beer...

A- Yellow and fizzy as expected with an overly tall 3" pure white head which quickly fades to a tiny layer. Lots of little carbonation bubbles and brilliantly clear make this beer look somewhat appetizing.

S- Definitely sweet sugar and lime, like a margarita. Some light beer adjuncts just creep through under this. Overall it smells like a lime beer, without any real off flavors.

T- Light in flavor, theres a little lime in the middle with more coming in the back end with the beer character being some adjunct and lager sweetness in the middle. The lime doesn't seem extremely "fresh" but there isn't an off character to it either, just pretty standard.

M- Very thin and watery, easily the worst characteristic of the beer. Lots of carbonation make it a quick and easy drinker like it should be but it feels like drinking lime water more than lime beer in some ways.

D- This beer certainly surprised me. I am not a fan of bud light but this seems to cover up the off flavors with a moderately enjoyable lime characteristic. If I was going to drink a lot of beers on a summer day I wouldn't mind this being one or two of them.

2.54/5  rDev +17.6%

12oz clear bottle with no freshness date. "100% Natural Lime Flavor" on the label, natural can mean just about anything these days.

Spritzy white head drops down to a thin lacing, crystal clear pale yellow color. Dry lime aroma, smells of lime flavored Alka-Seltzer ... hello beer, anyone home? Light bodied and a little slick on the palate. The carbonation has a little bite to it. Lime flavor throughout, reminds me of a diet lemon-lime soda that has been watered down by the ice that has melted into it. Malt, no. Hops, no. All lime, yes. So I am basically drinking a diet lime soda with some alcohol.

Great concept but this is going in the wrong direction for beer and you can't even compare this to a good "lager and lime", at least with those you could actually taste beer. One bottle was more than enough, nothing horrible ... just not beer.

2.57/5  rDev +19%

$8.88 for a cold sixer at my local gas station. What is that saying on the back of one of my tee shirts? something about "Fizy yellow beer is for wussies" Well this 12 ounce bottle pours and the first thing that comes to mind is Fizzy yellow beer! Light yellow, clear, near white heat that quickly departs, no lace, no film, no nada of interest...artificial lime smell, thin taste of lightest of malts, faint hop dryness in the finish. Goes down easy, moderate citrus note...would work as a quaffer on a hot day...best I can say is "lawn mower beer"

2.36/5  rDev +9.3%

Appearance: high carbonation, clear, golden yellow

Smell: lime and a twinge of malt

Taste: It tastes like lime candy. If I closed my eyes, I would think I was drinking a soda.

Mouthfeel: super sweet, smooth, and very carbonated

Drinkability: I got this on a cruise and my though was not again. I like fruit beers to taste like fruit and beer. This tastes like something I would get from Dairy Queen not a beer. If I want Dairy Queen, I will go there instead.

2.88/5  rDev +33.3%

The beer pours exactly like regular Bud Light, with a very clear yellow body and a white head. The aroma is very heavy on the lime with a little bit of grain mixed in. The flavor is a mix of lime, along with a lot of sweetness from the malt and grain. Thin body and medium carbonation. Not near as bad as I expected.

3.9/5  rDev +80.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Well, to start off with Bud Light Lime, I have to admit that it's one of the lightest tasting beers I've had. I'm a pretty big fan of dropping a lime in a beer when I can so naturally I had to try this one. Yeah, the lime flavoring is noticeable but definetly not overpowering. I agree with the poster who said "if you dont like beer, this is the drink that will get you drunk". Or something like that. I'll also admit that this definetly wouldn't be a beer afficianado's idea of a great brew, but on a beach day, or a game day, or just anytime you want to have a cold one or two with no real goal in mind, I have no problem reaching for this one. It's very drinkable, which is its strongest point I believe. While it may not be the favorite beer of most people, I bet I'd be hard-pressed to find many who downright hate it. I think AB hit the spot pretty well with this one.

1.95/5  rDev -9.7%

12oz bottle poured into a tumbler.

Pours a very clear yellow with no head at all. Nose is like lots of lime extract, pretty unappealing.

Taste is like corona with a lime in it. But a lot of lime.

This might be good with mexican food, but it's really not good at all.

1.69/5  rDev -21.8%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1 | overall: 1.5

Can

El Mercado Market
San Marcos, CA

One of the lightest colored beers I've ever seen. Calling it "straw" would be a huge compliment. This stuff was not supposed to be poured in to a glass! It almost looks like dirty water (or urine) except for this huge foaming white head that builds initially but falls away almost immediately. Zero lacing.

Smells like lime. So I guess, that's a good thing?

Barely tastes like anything. I've always scoffed when people call the light-macros like "drinking water," thinking that must be a significant exaggeration. But, I take back all my scoffing. This is like drinking lime-flavored water.

The mouthfeel is similar to water, and I no longer want to drink this.

There you have it folks:

<<Avoid!!>>

1.25/5  rDev -42.1%

A little darker than usual bud light, maybe the lime gives it more depth, but the lack of head and whatnot is still there. Aroma is like sprite and bud light.

No malt or hop presence, just seems like someone mixed sprite with bud light. Lots of sprite. Nothing in the mouthfeel other than carbonation and lime soda. Cannot believe this is so popular, even amongst people who like Bud Light.

2.2/5  rDev +1.9%

Clear pale golden hue with a fizzy white head dwindles quickly of course. Absolutely no lacing sticks to my pint glass. Aroma mild citrus peel with a touch of saltiness. Flavor is bud light covered with lime flavor not much more to it than that definitely boring and unoriginal with following the coattails of Miller Chill. Mouthfeel of seltzer water, and is refreshing but feels like lemonade or a chick alco pop than an actual beer.

2.96/5  rDev +37%

Though I wouldn't call this a quality beer, I'd never turn one of these down out on a boat on a sunny day.

It's extremely light in color as you'd expect from Bud Light with little to no head and no lacing.

It smells like someone took a bud light and squeezed lime juice into it... because someone probably did.

The taste isn't bad. I like lime and think it's a very refreshing flavor and this isn't a bad lime beer.

The mouthfeel is watery and nothing to write home about.

This is an okay summer boating beer that's watery mouthfeel actually lends itself to it's drinkability. On a hot summer day out on the boat I think this is a nice alternative to a fuller bodied beer would fill you up. Though any other time... not the greatest beer.

1.8/5  rDev -16.7%

Just for curiosity's sake, I'm doing a side-by-side comparison with Labatt Blue Light Lime.

I suppose the color is what "straw yellow" refers to. It pours like a soda, with some white head forming and quickly fading away completely. There seems to be little or no substance or structure, as there's nothing to support a head of any kind. No lacing is left whatsoever. 1.5 instead of 1 because st least there was something on the pour. Bubbles sit in the glass for the rest of the time.
Lime and grains come out on the nose. It actually smells like lemon-lime soda, csrb bubbles popping in my nose and all. Initially, it's completely lame but unoffensive. Give it a few minutes, though, and it gives off a smell almost exactly like dish water with lemon dish soap in it. It's not as awful as that seems because it smells like clean, fresh dish water, as yet unused. In comparison, it seems the chief diffrence between this and the nearly identical LBLL is that this has a touch more lemon on the nose, while Labatt comes out with a bit more of a dusty grains note.
The flavor is the least offensive aspect, actually. The lime doesn't seem artificial, the grains backbone isn't gross, no creamed corn thing to worry about. Beer? Not really. Terrible? Only kind of.
The feel is a little sad. I expect light, and it is crisp. What's weird is that it' watery yet somehow also slick. What?

This beer is terrible. If you're going to buy Bud, put your money towards American ale. Please.

Lime is about 6.99 six pack. American is about 6.99 a six pack. Think about it.

The only reason why I know about this beer is because of my early, unexperienced drinking days. Even then I hated it. here I am a year later letting out my anger.

3.87/5  rDev +79.2%

Hey...
It is what it is. It's not supposed to be a great craft beer...it's a fruit flavored light macro meant to quench your thirst without filling you up on hot, hot summer days.
Today was 106 F at the Angels game and it was PERFECT.
Clean, fresh mouthfeel with a hint (only a hint) of lime.
Malts were clean and not oppressively sweet leaving your mouth clean and drying.
Lime seemed to cancel out any adjunct (corn or rice) flavor so very present in BMC lagers.
For what it is, it is very very refreshing.
Don't look to enjoy this with a gourmet dinner or as a nightcap...that's not it's place.
Enjoy it when nothing will cool you off or quench your thirst.
BL Lime is up to the task.

1.98/5  rDev -8.3%

The hype around this beer is really hard to ignore, especially recently in this country. When a Facebook (cough, cough) campaign is cited as the reason for Labatt Canada to rush this product to our store shelves for our abbreviated 'summer', it is indeed a Brave New World. Since I've heard multiple incredulous stories of this selling out around town, and the main liquor store monopoly hoarding supplies, I couldn't resist ordering a pair for myself and my Friday evening drinking buddy at the pub tonight. He forewent his usual "Coors Light rules, Bud Light sucks" tendencies to placate me. Little did he know...

First off, what the hell is the deal with the Inbev UK production codes? Was the rush to market so great that we in Alberta couldn't get product from St. Louis, but had to revert to old Commonwealth ties?

This 'beer' pours a ghost-light pale yellow colour, with a wisp of thin white head that you'd miss if you blinked, which I did. Lacing - heh, seriously? It smells like lime Freezies, the green plastic-encased summertime treats from my youth. The taste is lime, lime, and oh, more lime. The kind of lime that elevates it slightly above the Sprites and 7-Ups of the world, due to it's mild natural citrus tartness. Damn, I can't totally rag on AB's use of 'Natural Lime' in their advertising. What I can rag on, however, is the overuse of said limeness (limetude, limenescence?) in the flavouring of this beverage. It overrides any of the admittedly hard to detect in the first place rice/corn adjuct grain sweetness. It also adds a new flavour twist to this whole sordid affair - citrus dish soap, depending on which brand of that caustic material you prefer, of course, your mileage may vary. The carbonation is above average and contributes greatly to the perception that this is actually a store brand soda pop, the body seems pulpy, but that may be my brain playing tricks on me, as there is no pulp, and the finish is off-dry, more sweet lime, folks.

This is pretty much a very weak fizzy margarita - bubbles, dextrose, lime, watered down alcohol. I'd call this a chick drink, but I'm afraid the women I know would beat me senseless for saying so...my drinking buddy left the majority of the bottle on the bar - case closed. The bartender said we're getting Miller Chill soon in our province, like that's any consolation.

2.37/5  rDev +9.7%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Two fingers of head disappear within seconds. It's like straw yellow soda pop. The bottom and sides of my glass are covered by big bubbles of carbonation. The aroma presents Minute Maid Limeade with just a hint of sweetness underneath. It doesn't smell fake, it just smells cheap somehow, if that makes sense. It tastes the same. Like Minute Maid Limeade, diluted with club soda. The aggressive carbonation reinforces the club soda comparison. It's cold and refreshing enough that I can understand why people drink it after mowing the lawn, but it's not what I want to drink after mowing the lawn.

It's no small wonder this stuff flies off the shelves though - for all I knock it, I've pounded this stuff back pretty quick. And that bothers me. It's like I'm just meant to pound it back without thinking of that "nasty" beer taste the good folks at Anheuser-Bush have worked so hard to mask for me. The problem is, I like beer, and good beer is worth savouring. I'm all for brewers coming up with interesting new flavours, and not against fruit beers, but this stuff wasn't made to appeal to people who like good beer. It's more like malternative than beer. Like a batch that got churned out when the filtration system used on the base was broken down, so they couldn't get the colour out of it. It's one saving grace is that unlike it's brethren coolers, it isn't cloyingly sweet from added sugar.

to view more.