Bud Light Lime - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.
to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 2,260 | Reviews: 539
Reviews by biboergosum:
1.98/5  rDev -8.3%

The hype around this beer is really hard to ignore, especially recently in this country. When a Facebook (cough, cough) campaign is cited as the reason for Labatt Canada to rush this product to our store shelves for our abbreviated 'summer', it is indeed a Brave New World. Since I've heard multiple incredulous stories of this selling out around town, and the main liquor store monopoly hoarding supplies, I couldn't resist ordering a pair for myself and my Friday evening drinking buddy at the pub tonight. He forewent his usual "Coors Light rules, Bud Light sucks" tendencies to placate me. Little did he know...

First off, what the hell is the deal with the Inbev UK production codes? Was the rush to market so great that we in Alberta couldn't get product from St. Louis, but had to revert to old Commonwealth ties?

This 'beer' pours a ghost-light pale yellow colour, with a wisp of thin white head that you'd miss if you blinked, which I did. Lacing - heh, seriously? It smells like lime Freezies, the green plastic-encased summertime treats from my youth. The taste is lime, lime, and oh, more lime. The kind of lime that elevates it slightly above the Sprites and 7-Ups of the world, due to it's mild natural citrus tartness. Damn, I can't totally rag on AB's use of 'Natural Lime' in their advertising. What I can rag on, however, is the overuse of said limeness (limetude, limenescence?) in the flavouring of this beverage. It overrides any of the admittedly hard to detect in the first place rice/corn adjuct grain sweetness. It also adds a new flavour twist to this whole sordid affair - citrus dish soap, depending on which brand of that caustic material you prefer, of course, your mileage may vary. The carbonation is above average and contributes greatly to the perception that this is actually a store brand soda pop, the body seems pulpy, but that may be my brain playing tricks on me, as there is no pulp, and the finish is off-dry, more sweet lime, folks.

This is pretty much a very weak fizzy margarita - bubbles, dextrose, lime, watered down alcohol. I'd call this a chick drink, but I'm afraid the women I know would beat me senseless for saying so...my drinking buddy left the majority of the bottle on the bar - case closed. The bartender said we're getting Miller Chill soon in our province, like that's any consolation.

1.5/5  rDev -30.6%

1.64/5  rDev -24.1%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

This beer.... This beer is just Bud Light with a little bit of lime in it. And I mean a LITTLE bit of lime. But it's actually a little better than Bud Light. Why, you ask? Because the lime covers up a little bit of the "Bud Light" taste. Don't get me wrong, I mean, it still tastes like Bud Light. But the lime helps distract a little bit from the pain.

And since this beer is literally the exact same thing as Bud Light, save for the lime, I am just going to copy and paste my Bud Light review below, while making one, small appendage:

COPY AND PASTE BEGIN:

There isn't much to say about Bud Light that hasn't already been said. It's not that it's a BAD beer - it doesn't have a BAD taste, or a BAD smell.... but rather it LACKS just about everything. There is almost no flavor, no smell, the beer is extremely pale (even for a pilsner - I've seen darker champagnes). You can taste some slight corn, grains, and malt, (AND A LITTLE BIT OF LIME!!!!) but it really all gets overpowered by the extreme carbonation. Hops are basically irrelevant and almost completely unnoticeable. The beer is about as thin as they come.

Having had many of these throughout my college years, I've come a long way. Bud Light gives you exactly what you pay for - a "beer" to drink when you really don't care about what beer you're drinking. With a nearly absent flavor and smell, there are MANY better options than Bud Light, even at comparable prices.

COPY AND PASTE END.

So there you have it. Next time you want Bud Light - look and see if they have Bud Light Lime. It's just a pinch better.

1.53/5  rDev -29.2%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Its been over a year since I first saw this beer being sold in my store and until just now I figured what the hell i'll look in to it.
24oz. can poured into a pilsner glass vigorously.

A- Very pale straw yellow fluid that revels a loose inch of bubbly white head that falls to nothing just like the lacing, nothing. Spritzy carbonation sparkles.

S- Smell is well... limes and lots of them! If any a hint of sweet malts and thats pushing it.

T-M- Ice cold this taste like a overly lime Mexican beer upfront but with more observations on the flavors it becomes appearent that this is but a bud light with a massive dose of artifical lime bite. To me this beer taste like fruit loops cereal. Cereal malts, artifical fruit flavor and sugar is all I taste.
Mouthfeel is slick with moderate carbonation bursting the "fruit loop" flavors in all directions.

All and all there is a time and place for a beer like this i just haven't found it yet... cheers!

1.25/5  rDev -42.1%

2.32/5  rDev +7.4%

1.46/5  rDev -32.4%

TERRIBLE! not good at all..this beer is the same crappy beer as bud light with a twist..now they added a bunch of artificial lime flavor which basically tastes like a bunch of candy mixed with beer. Reminiscent of a mexican cervesa with a light body. Overall this beer is not something you want to drink i cant even imagine what a hangover from this beer must be like. Avoid at all costs!

1.96/5  rDev -9.3%

The short story is that this beer tastes almost exactly like Fruit Loops cereal. The lime flavor does not feel "natural" but instead very extract-like. Really one of the worst beers I've ever tasted, and evidence of a disturbing trend--and I've actually warmed up to having a regular BudLight here and there. Not snobbery, this is just gross.

2.76/5  rDev +27.8%

this is not a good beer. This beer is made to be drunk in large quantities. It might be good for chicks or beer bong. I wouldn't be caught dead with this beer again at a party. Also, I wouldn't be too open to pair this with any types of food except wings.

2.07/5  rDev -4.2%

Not good. Thats the simple summary. The carbonation is soda like and is not reminiscent of beer. The lime is again not lime like and is flagrantly artificial tasting. The artificial lime overpowers the weak flavor of the bud light. This is far from the worst beer ever made, it can be drank, but I see little reason anyone would really want to.

3.15/5  rDev +45.8%

Presentation: It was poured from a clear 12oz bottle into a pint glass.

Appearance: It has a bright golden color with a bright white head. The head pours big and fizzy before retreating down to a thin layer of random sized bubbles. It leaves little to no lacing on the glass.

Smell: The aroma had a heavy fruity lime citrus character that dominates some light grainy cereal notes.

Taste/Mouth feel: Its flavor is fruity tasting like a bowl of Froot Loops or Fruity Pebbles breakfast cereal. Malt flavor is light, sweet and grainy with a good dose of imitation lime flavor mixed in. The body is light and refreshing with a smooth slightly slick texture and modest carbonation.

Notes: Fans of malt beverages like Zima or Smirnoff Ice may like this beer as well as some non beer drinkers. I actually liked it on that level but as a beer it was way off balance.

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Bud Light Lime from Anheuser-Busch