Bud Light Lime - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Lime Alström Bros
Ratings: 2,339 | Reviews: 580

Had this at my buddy's birthday party. Not a lot of flavor worth mentioning. The lime tastes like real lime, but is a light dash of it. I give this a 5 out of 5 for one reason. It tastes incredibly smooth and goes down really good. Carbonation is perfect for this beer. You could argue its not beer considering there is no beer flavor really, besides a light malt taste. This stuff is incredibly easy to drink. It actually stays easy to drink even warm. Because of that i also rated this beer highly. It is seriously the easiest thing to drink i have ever had. The fact its so easy to drink i drank almost a 24 pack of bottles by myself across the day. The lime is just the perfect amount. I am not a beer snob at all. But i do enjoy the hoppier stuff too. I gotta say, they don't market this as much as regular BL and i don't think they have too. this is good without marketing. Its just the perfect balance of the lime flavor and the light body of the beer taste that makes me like this. next time i go fishing i'm taking a pack of this. perfect for hot days.

For low quality . I really enjoy thus light beer. Lime gives it a great taste

I am someone who enjoys light beer. Reason, Its smooth and goes down like water. This has no real flavor worth mentioning besides a slight beer taste and lime. Its very balanced in the carbonation. I like this more than my coors light. Coors light is in the same boat as this though. What made me rate this this way is the hint of lime. Its not overpowering and today i had two or 3 of these and they were good. As i said the only thing i can taste is the lime. Also its one of the few things i let get hot and it didn't turn nasty. This and Redds apple ale trump all the other macros for me.

4.85/5  rDev +123.5%

i mean for what it is....pretty good

4.75/5  rDev +118.9%

nice and refreshing. good really really chilled. bud light with a little lime taste, not to overpowering.

4.5/5  rDev +107.4%

I enjoy this beer greatly and appreciate it for what it is. When I want a refreshing, light brew with a "bright" kick I reach for one of these.

I am a home brewer and wine maker and enjoy my bigger beers for sure, but I can say that this is the FIRST and Bud Light product that I have actually developed a taste for and purchased multiple times.

Camping with friends on the July 4th weekend, this was a great marathon beer. A cheap 18 pack lasted me 2.5 days. I have gotten to the point where when I see the can or bottle I salivate.

I recommend you try this if you are looking for a light, refreshing alternative. You may be pleasantly surprised!

4.46/5  rDev +105.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

12 oz bottle in a 7 oz Riedel Sommeliers Series Single Malt Whiskey Glass (my boyfriend is dumb)

A - Beautiful light-golden color. Looks like healthy urine. Little head. Nice lacing for the amount of head.

S - Lime and nutmeg. Slightly floral, but hidden by the citrus.

T - Beautiful summer day on white crystal sands. This might be the most scientific success of the perfect lime-to-beer ratio. Leaves an aftertaste near, or close, to the green Skittles candy.

M - Well carbonated. Very soft and slippery. Balanced. Throat-heavy.

O - This light, crisp, and refreshing beer scores well in my book. BLL is an overall good beer that goes well with any activity. I wouldn't recommend this beer to people that do not enjoy events and adventure.

4.4/5  rDev +102.8%

Not close to any craft beer that most beer snobs enjoy but a very drinkable beer on a hot day.

Would pair this with Mexican food over Corona or Tecate any day.

Yes it is not going to win any awards for best beer, but I think Bud got this beer right and killed off Miller Chill.

Great beer for none beer drinkers, and those who just want something different from all those heavy micros.

4.39/5  rDev +102.3%

This beer embodies all that is light beer. As some despise it, you have to look at the properties in which holds. Budlight as a whole, is mediocre at best. Given a spark of lime juice the taste evolves and is pleasant. Granted the hops, malt, and all things that flavor do not exhume excellence, but for a light beer you have to choose something that isn't too plain.

This beer goes down smooth and doesn't leave an unpleasant after taste. Whether chugging like a college student or grippin' and sippin' this beer doesn't get boring. Stop hating the light beer, it's a necessary evil.

4.3/5  rDev +98.2%

GLASS: Pilsener Glass
TEMP: Fridge chilled to approx 38 degrees
24oz Bottle (Purchased in Kansas/full-strength)

Pale yellow in color. I actually expected a touch of orange, but it's not here. The head of white foam forms, then disappears, just as quickly. No lacing.

I love lime. The nose on this is full of lime with a light graininess. I also hate when a product says that it contains something and you have to search hard to find it. This actually delivers!

Mild graininess. Light maltiness. Good dose of lime. It doesn't even taste like chemical flavoring. Nice.

Light bodied with a medium level of carbonation. Smooth, crisp and clean. Nicely refreshing.

I don't know that I could down 18 of these in an evening or anything, but I'm glad to find a BMC product that I don't mind drinking.

4.25/5  rDev +95.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

I will not be ashamed that I like this as a good light summer beer.

4.01/5  rDev +84.8%

Not sure why i like this beer but i honestly enjoy it from time to time( stuck in a midwest bar) with the wife. I think it comes from the practice of my grandparents adding lime and salt to Corornas. Loved that. Bud Light Lime seems to nail that taste for me.

I personally love this beer. Perfect for hot days, overall very refreshing and palatable.

3.94/5  rDev +81.6%

I can be a beer snob with the best of them, but Bud Light Lime is what it is: a cheap, easily obtainable, refreshing beer that's perfect for a hot summer afternoon. I usually like dark ales, porters, stouts, but Bud Light Lime is a nice change and a much better beer for mowing the yard or sitting on the beach. When it's 90 in the shade I'll take this over any other light beer I've ever tried. Will it pass the beer snob test? Of course not. But it will hit the spot for a lot less money on a hotter than hell sunny afternoon.

3.94/5  rDev +81.6%

A - Perfect clarity and a common light yellow color.

S - Extremely faint malt and citric lime aromas

T - Citric lime dominates the flavor with just a bare hint of malt to remind you its actually a beer. I enjoy the lime flavor in this one.

M - Thin to allow for more drinkability but its acceptable for the style.

D - On a nice summer float trip, I could drink this all day. The light body and high carbonation really take it easy on the tongue.

3.94/5  rDev +81.6%

Pale colored beer with a rapidly fading head.Aroma reminds me of a kamikaze drink.Taste is Bud Light with a nice splash of citrusy lime.This is leaps and bounds better than Miller Chill.I like this beer and will buy it on a regular basis. Good job by AB!!

a - light beer.

s - smells pretty close to a real lime. Moreso than a wine cooler or fake lime soda.

t - light, for certain. Nice mostly-real lime overtone.

m - light beer. Even carbonation.

d - goes down easy. I could kill a six pack alongside a few hot dogs with no problem. Low ABV needs little masking, admittedly, but no hint of alcohol in there.

To each his own but I think this beer gets a bum rap. I try and rate on the category and this is no strong ale or stout. If it's summer and I want a light beer outside, I'm grabbing this over most other light options in the cooler. Light, refreshing, and less likely to be skunked than most Mexican imports that advertise their desire to be served with a real lime. I have to give them credit for really nailing a real lime flavor and lime zest scent far better than the competition. Give me BLL's reliability over a spin-the-wheel-of-skunk Corona any day.

I don't understand how several reviews mention that this beer is tasty and refreshing, often with mexican food...yet still rate this as a D or lower?

3.93/5  rDev +81.1%

I don't care what any beer snobs say, this is the most refreshing beer I've ever had. This stuff is made for the summertime. The look is typical macro through the bottle. No need to pour this into anything but your mouth. Great lime scent and taste. A beer made for the golf course, which is why I'm very grateful it now comes in cans. I love my IIPA's and wheats, but when I want to beat the heat and get sauced doing it, this is the ticket!

3.92/5  rDev +80.6%

Ok so I liked this Beer, only down side is I paid way too much at a festival $5.oo a pop, and after a six pack at $30 Bucks depressing.

ok on to the beer.

A: Typical Micro color (never poured, so can't talk about head)

S: Lime and corn smell, lite skunk

T: actually satisfying, and very good on a hot day, pounded these with ease.

M: combination, lime tang

Drinkability: YES YES YES...Football Beer

3.9/5  rDev +79.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.5

Well, to start off with Bud Light Lime, I have to admit that it's one of the lightest tasting beers I've had. I'm a pretty big fan of dropping a lime in a beer when I can so naturally I had to try this one. Yeah, the lime flavoring is noticeable but definetly not overpowering. I agree with the poster who said "if you dont like beer, this is the drink that will get you drunk". Or something like that. I'll also admit that this definetly wouldn't be a beer afficianado's idea of a great brew, but on a beach day, or a game day, or just anytime you want to have a cold one or two with no real goal in mind, I have no problem reaching for this one. It's very drinkable, which is its strongest point I believe. While it may not be the favorite beer of most people, I bet I'd be hard-pressed to find many who downright hate it. I think AB hit the spot pretty well with this one.

3.89/5  rDev +79.3%

Pale straw/golden color. Almost green, ironically enough. Stark-white soapy head that doesn't last and leaves no lacing.

Smells lik barley malt, grains, and loads of lime. The lime is predominant in the aroma.

The taste is clean carbonated water, a punch of lime flavoring and sourness, then the rest and the aftertaste are both mainly just barley malt, white breadiness, and maybe some adjuncts.

It's crisp, clean, refreshing, dry, and perfect for a party, warm weather, and just about anything else.

3.87/5  rDev +78.3%

Hey...
It is what it is. It's not supposed to be a great craft beer...it's a fruit flavored light macro meant to quench your thirst without filling you up on hot, hot summer days.
Today was 106 F at the Angels game and it was PERFECT.
Clean, fresh mouthfeel with a hint (only a hint) of lime.
Malts were clean and not oppressively sweet leaving your mouth clean and drying.
Lime seemed to cancel out any adjunct (corn or rice) flavor so very present in BMC lagers.
For what it is, it is very very refreshing.
Don't look to enjoy this with a gourmet dinner or as a nightcap...that's not it's place.
Enjoy it when nothing will cool you off or quench your thirst.
BL Lime is up to the task.

3.86/5  rDev +77.9%

Served in a bottle.

A- Has a clear, yellow coloring to it.

S- Has a strong citrus smell. Definitely has a lime scent.

T- I feel that this tastes like Miller Chill after you put a lime in it. I think this is a good effort by Anheuser-Busch. Definitely would drink this over other beers of this style.

M- Might be too much citrus for some people

D- Very drinkable for this style. The lime flavor sets it apart from others.

3.8/5  rDev +75.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Tastes faintly like beer with a hint of lime. Be honest, you like it, you just don't want to admit it. I could drink like 10 & catch a slight buzz. More of a wine cooler really, wife loves it.

3.8/5  rDev +75.1%

Please lets all remember to review a beer with its style in mind. I hate buds and most all other junk even remotely close. I'm embarresed to even carry any Anheuser-Busch product in my fridge. HOWEVER when rolling out of a tent on a warm saturday morning at a weekend festival, this beer can not be beat. I've turned soooo many beer drinkers onto this. Do you really want to start your day off with a fat tire? Instead of hydrating yourself with water... reach for the BL lime. In a junk cooler filled with 30 BLL's and 30 regular Buds you run out of the BBL's way before the buds. Almost a 5.0 morning drinkability. Almost.

Bud Light Lime from Anheuser-Busch