Bud Light Lime - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Lime Alström Bros
Reviews: 541 | Hads: 2,423
3.3/5  rDev +42.2%

Drunk cold out of 330ml bottle. This was given to me free by a family member.

L) Pale yellow/ golden colour looks flat.

S) Limeade soda, with a bit of lager in there.

T) Actually tastes of very little, even lime. Slight hint of light lager malt, no bitterness. There is actually not much lime in there.

F) Very easy drinking, pleasantly carbonated. No nasty aftertaste. No problems here.

O) This was nowhere as bad as I was expecting! Doesn't taste of much, but goes down easy so is a good one to drink cold on a hot day.

3.71/5  rDev +59.9%

This pleasantly surprised me, I thought this had a nice kick of lime to it, while still having a solid beer taste. Only complaint could be that the lime flavor is somewhat bitter, but for me it varied from bottle to bottle.

2.67/5  rDev +15.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.75

Poured from a 12oz bottle (bottled 31Jul15) into a pilsner glass.
LOOK: Pours with 2 finger's worth of white foam that shrivels down into a line after a minute and a half. Ascending bubbles are medium in size and high in quantity. Straw yellow in color. There are small, white particles floating throughout the brew. Could these be from the "100% natural lime flavor?" Lacing is hardly there.
SMELL: Mild aromas of water, non-artificial lime juice, and water meet with hints of water, rice, and a strange chemical odor that closely resembles an all-purpose cleaner.
TASTE: Initial taste is of strong lime juice flavors. Subtle barley and white rice flavors enter immidieately after. A hint of bitter hops enter lastly as barely and lime juice flavors continue in strength, but white rice flavors grow a little stronger.
FEEL: Light-bodied and highly carbonated (worst combination ever). Goes down somewhat rough and ends with a thirst-quenching finish.
NOTE: Very tolerable. Would never buy one to enjoy, but would bring to a social gathering. Glad that cleaning odor isn't in the taste.

3.04/5  rDev +31%

This begs the question, do you compare to all other beers, or to what you expected from this beer? Expected bud light with lime in it. Look as expected. Not much smell at all, which is probably a good thing. Taste was lime and watery, which was actually better than the bud light I expected. This is my go to on the beach, and for that it does well.

2.26/5  rDev -2.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Interesting mix of water and lime. It says 100% real lime but it sure doesn't taste real. Has a tin aftertaste. Hard to consider this a beer and not an alcoholic lime drink.

2.52/5  rDev +8.6%

In a fit of bravado, I followed John Oliver's example and bet my teammates in union contract negotiations regarding the bottom line of our current round of bargaining. As it has turned out, the results were the same as Oliver's--the universe delivered beyond expectations.

So, today a 25oz. can of Bud Light Lime was delivered for my immediate and public consumption.

Look: Pale yellow

Smell: Lime...without a hint of hops or malt

Taste: Sweet victory tastes like a popsicle

Feel: Scratchy bubbles

2.68/5  rDev +15.5%

My buddy brought over 12 of these stinkers, and I thought I was chugging a can of Pledge. How can anyone enjoy this. I am good with Bud Lites, but this is just such a bad idea. My biggest issue was that a homeless person always takes my recycling, and this hobo has been looking down at me ever since seeing them in my bin. So in a nutshell, Bud Lite Lime is terrible but a 12 pack will get you 60 cents of recycling money, so that is a positive

2.53/5  rDev +9.1%

Poured into a pint glass.

Appearance: Clear, pale golden yellow. No head...at all.

Smell: Lime, all lime. No other smell.

Taste: More lime. Does not taste much like beer.

Mouthfeel: Aggressively carbonated, like soda.

Overall: Does not taste much like beer, very strong lime flavor. It does not taste awful, but it is not like a beer. Good for when you need a break from a session beer.

1.71/5  rDev -26.3%
look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Look-It has the standard light yellow color that most lagers have. You’ll get more of a rich variety of appearance, smell, and taste if you switch to craft brews and IPAs.

Smell-It has a malt smell laced with some lime aromas.

Taste-The lime really comes out and although it does make the beer better than standard bud light, in my opinion, it is obviously a fake additive.

Mouthfeel-It has a malt and yeast feel from this light-bodied brew and the carbonation is plentiful.

Overall-This is not a beer you should drink, but if you must drink bud light, make sure it has that fake lime twist.

1.81/5  rDev -22%

It has the same fake lime taste that you'd find in lime flavored diet coke. The lime flavor helps cover up the taste of watered down bad beer with no character. Be that as it may, there is a time and place for it. While I love heavy, complex beers with abv of 7-8% - sometimes I want to sit in the shade with my feet in the kiddy pool and throw back some cheap yet drinkable low abv beer. Outside of this described setting, however, I wouldn't come within 50 yds of this beer.

1.18/5  rDev -49.1%
look: 1 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Taste is acceptable...don't expect the flavor of a Bohemia or Modelo with lime, because you aren't going to get that. It's the typical bland bud light taste with some acidic fake lime flavor. These give me bad heart burn after a few.

2.28/5  rDev -1.7%

An overall rather unpleasant beer. The lime tastes artificial, and does little to mask the typical character of Bud Light. Feel is almost slimy. I would pass if I were you.

1.88/5  rDev -19%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

it has a very heavy lime taste, too much for my liking. it'd be great for someone who loves limes (although i don't think i've ever met anyone who does).

3.15/5  rDev +35.8%

First off, this beer is slammed a bit too heavily. Bud Light Lime is a great summer beer to keep a buzz and not empty your wallet. Color is typical yellow color and everything else is essentially a Bud Light (go figure). Taste is watery, adjunct rice with added artificial lime flavor. While that does not sound too great, there is a charm to it if you drink American light beers. If you're trying to not feel weighed down while out in the heat, then this is a solid choice.

2.34/5  rDev +0.9%

I am not ashamed to admit that I don't hate this one as bad as bud light.
look) clear bottle, simple logo and design. A great way to tell consumer its quality.
smell) neutral or nothing, its light beer.
taste) better than bud light for sure. bud light is club soda + alcohol.This is club soda + artificial lime + alcohol. Very refreshing if you are sweating, bbq, grilling.
feel) nothing special about this. You can easily replace it with sprite, lemonade. If you want to feel like an adult and drink alcohol, then go for angry orchard at least it has some quality. Anyway, it served its purpose as a hot summer day social drink.

3.25/5  rDev +40.1%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Tastes faintly like beer with a hint of lime. Be honest, you like it, you just don't want to admit it. I could drink like 10 & catch a slight buzz. More of a wine cooler really, wife loves it.

2.87/5  rDev +23.7%

I am not a full fledged beer snob I will shamelessly admit that I can enjoy a good ol'e macro every now and again. For what its worth I think this tastes better then regular bud light... probably don't mean much, but hey I would buy this again. I am not too big a fan of putting limes in my beers but this actually tasted... well, not bad. Maybe its because of the artificial lime flavor I dunno, but I enjoyed it. Drank this beer with dinner, a rack of beef ribs cooked out on the grill, a very hot sunny day, the lime bud light did what its advertised to do, it was refreshing and tasty to my palet.

3.12/5  rDev +34.5%

For a light lager, I didn't find it that bad considering the following: I had several of these while cooking on my grill on a very hot day. The crispness of the beer, the lightness of the lager mixed with some lime flavoring was not that bad. Now, the brew itself was nothing special to look at - no head and no lacing, and all you could really taste was the lime with a bit of watered down hops - but on a hot day, I could drink this all day...

3.28/5  rDev +41.4%

Not ashamed. I know bud light is especially looked down upon but I'm not always looking for a craft beer. A great summer beer. Light, refreshing. First beer I ever drank too. Would I take other beers over this? Of course. But if I'm by the pool I'll never turn one down. Better then regular bud light.
Pours very carbonated and with a head that quickly dies.

2.06/5  rDev -11.2%

someone had to bring a 12pack of this over for Memorial Day...are we really that lazy enough to not put our own lime in our beer? And do we need a lime anyway?

1.23/5  rDev -47%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Cold it tastes like sprite, warm it tastes like skunk piss. If you have to drink it add a splash of oj, let's face it, it isn't real beer anyway. Makes it somewhat drinkable.

3.02/5  rDev +30.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

This is a fat girl/mo-ped beer, you don't want anyone to see you enjoying one. It's like big people soda pop. Breaking down the flavor profile is pointless, it's a lime flavored beer that washes down an over cooked hamburger on the 4th of July like no other. It shouldn't be good, but damn if it doesn't hit the spot sometimes.

1.91/5  rDev -17.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Pale straw in color. There is certainly truth in advertising as this beer is dominated by the smell and taste of lime. The lime certainly make a bad beer better.

3.05/5  rDev +31.5%

16 oz can after too much painting.
Pale straw with a decent head. Grainy lime aroma and flavor. I actually didn't hate this one. I could actually drink a few of these on a hot summer day.

2.1/5  rDev -9.5%

Bud light lime is a lime infused light lager that lacks complexity. I'm giving it this rating mainly because ol Anheuser-Busch has recently started a marketing strategy that makes fun of micro brewery craft beer. They should spend their time and money catching up because they are behind the game for sure.

I will say that it is easy to throw back 4 of these without a care.

Bud Light Lime from Anheuser-Busch