Bud Light Lime - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Lime Alström Bros
first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next › last
Reviews: 530 | Hads: 2,348

This beer is terrible. If you're going to buy Bud, put your money towards American ale. Please.

Lime is about 6.99 six pack. American is about 6.99 a six pack. Think about it.

The only reason why I know about this beer is because of my early, unexperienced drinking days. Even then I hated it. here I am a year later letting out my anger. (340 characters)

A - very light yellow, almost clear
S - gagging fake lime
T - horrible, mix of artificial lime and bud lite
M - very watery
O - glad i only had a drink of this. It was horrible.
My buddy drinks this for breakfast at the Spring Bristol race and I took a hit. was gut wrenching, no matter what time of day. I would rate this less than 1.0 if available. (350 characters)

This barely qualifies as beer to begin with. What little taste there is to be had is a disgusting slightly lime taste that leaves a horrible tangy feeling in your mouth afterwards. The rest is just watery. The massive carbonation attempts to hide the fact that this beer literally tastes like urine but fails completely to do so. Everything about this beer is unpleasant and I am genuinely amazed that anyone buys it. (417 characters)

They should just stop making bud lite products altogether. This beer tastes and smells like the moldy piss on the floor of your local Mexican cantina restaurant/bar. In fact I'm really not sure this was beer at all, it has such a low abv good luck trying to get a buzz on this garbage. Bud take a look at what dogfish is doing with their Ancient Ales line, they at least taste good and get me a buzz (399 characters)

12oz bottle ouuta the bottle, im going in.

A- Stillwater yellow stillness with nothing but a faint small ring around the glass. Some swirls bring some weak bubbles that DIE!!! No lace.

S- Bud light with lime...

T- Bud Light with lime...

M- A incredibly weak body that is thin and expertly carbonated. Hate it or not The big boys quality control remains unmatched in the beer buisness, besides RR.

D- I drank it, but only because I am in mourning.

How dare A-B for taking away my American right to put a lime in my mexican style beer, what's the fun in drinking this stuff.. I need to put that lime in myself, I don't trust anybody to do it like I do it, cause i put them limes to good use. I really know how to get the most out of that small wedge. And how dare A-B to take away market share from one of most popular products out of mexico. I mean come on, their ganga sucks, what else do they have.. Somethings gotta give... (931 characters)

Jun 20, 2009

12oz. bottle. Pours fizzy yellow with a while head. Fake, nasty lime flavor mixed with cheap, nasty light beer. I'd rather drink regular Bud Light, and I hate Bud Light. I'm sure it's a top-notch beer for those that really don't like beer, but really love artificial fruit flavoring. (298 characters)

Served in a pub glass from a bottle.

Very pale straw yellow color, very clear filtered look

no aroma noted

water like very light bodied

taste and looks like water.... no aroma... no head... i hear its very hard to make though and they get it the same every time... i guess that is one positive... oh and they do have good commercials!!! (342 characters)

A friend of mine offered up this lovely concoction to me...and I will never take a beer from him again.

The only positive thing that I can say about this beer was that it was a nice cold drink on a warm day. And if it is cold enough, you might get lucky enough not to have to taste it. A good idea gone horribly bad. (317 characters)

A - Looks like water with a little bit of yellow food coloring add to it.

S - Smells like watered down limeade with not much else.

T - Tasted like watered down limeade with not much beer taste.

M - Mouthfeel was very carbonated and very thin.

D - Drinkability was high because it was basically watered down limeade and went down like water. (344 characters)

330ml bottle from my parents' fridge. They had some friends over and Bud Lime was the beer of choice (sigh). Light, clear yellow with almost no head, despite an aggressive pour. Aroma is lime, adjuncts, and Canada Dry Ginger Ale. Uh-oh! I'm in for a soda pop beer! Taste is lime, low calorie club soda, water, and a hollow, contrived sweetness that often appears in soft drinks flavoured with Aspartame. Thin-bodied mouthfeel with lots of carbonation, a sharp bite mid body, and some lime dryness to finish. I can't say this is 'refreshing' because it doesn't taste good. Really just a pop-like beverage that shamefully uses the word 'beer' in its name. A drain pour, and therefore an 'F' in my books. (701 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -56.7%

I figure I should follow my review for Black Tuesday with one for this beer. I expected this to be on the same level as BT after hearing such great things about it, but unfortunately I ended up being a bit let down.

I tried this at the GABF. A guy asked me what I thought of it as I was making a disgusted face. I said I really wasn't a big fan and didn't know how this could even be called beer. Then I saw his nametag saying he was an Anheuser-Busch employee. He said that he honestly didn't like it much either. Oh well, at least he was honest and I didn't need to snap back at him with my usual Joe Wilson-inspired, "YOU LIE!!!"

A - Pale yellow with a fizzy white head, just like Bud Light.

S - Oh, the humanity. Smells like nasty imitation lime juice and not much else.

T - Nasty artificial lime juice and Bud Light. Someone told me that this really isn't that bad if you don't consider it beer. I disagree - it's absolutely disgusting no matter what you consider it, even if you consider it urine or sewage. Well, I guess it's probably average for sewage, but I've certainly tried better urine.

M - Light with very high carbonation like a spritzer. Unpleasantly high carbonation. Really nothing good you can say about it in this category.

D - Taking a second sip was one of the most difficult things I have ever done, but I actually ended up forcing myself to take 3 or 4 before giving the rest to my girlfriend, who somehow only thought it was bad, rather than mind-blowingly awful.

Overall, this is an impressive offering from A-B, and here's why: they keep pushing the absolute boundary of how bad you can make a beer and use their incredible marketing power to make it outsell the entire craft brewing industry. They could probably make Natty Light Tapeworm Infested Pig Feces and have it break 1% overall beer market share. Whoever the ad wizards who came up with this one are, they truly are "real men of genius." (1,932 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -56.7%

This beer is a clear pale yellow with a lime aroma that almost hides a hint of rice in the background. The flavor is one-dimensional, all lime. It's not overpowering but that's all there is. The mouthfeel is light. Bud Light Lime is a bad beer. Not recommended. (261 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -56.7%

A conversation from earlier tonight reminded me to review this beer. And like I said, I would prefer a corona with a real lime served in a salt lined glass. It pours a yellow color with a weak head. Nose and taste are of grains, rice and artificial ingredients. Thin body feels like Sprite. (290 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -56.7%

A- Pours a pale bright straw yellow color with a thin white head. Head left no lacing. Pretty much looks like any other BMCs brew.

S- Wow this is worse than a wine cooler. Smells like Sprite and Bud Light mixed together.

T- WOW again when I thought it couldn't get any worse. Taste like Sprite and Budlight mixed together. The lime taste very fake too.

M- Light in body and pretty high carbonation.

D- I couldn't finish this one at all. Took three swigs and gross. (472 characters)

Shame on me!
I never thought I'd write a review for this kind of... product !
I sworn that I'll reserve me critics on BA to the good craft brews,no major, but once tasted, this one couldn't go silent. It is such a bad product.

Poured about 1/3 of the bottle in a tulip glass. This BL lime look like diluted major beer. Nose is chemical. Mouthfeel is fizzy, totally artificial. I wonder why they pretend it is a natural flavour...

AVOID this product (notice that I don't even call this a beer!). AVOID. (503 characters)

1.06/5  rDev -55.5%

What the hell is this? I came home and there was a 6-er in the fridge. The Girlfriend saw at the store and thought it would be like corona with a lime in it.

It was a Clear golden color, and fizzy. So for novelty sake i thought I would take a sip. Mistake.

The lime was some artificial chemical that burned my tongue. The smell lingered like puke in the nose.
I had to use mouthwash to remove this vile concoction from my palette.

Beware! (444 characters)

1.06/5  rDev -55.5%

I hate my friends so much for pouring this into my glass at a fun little get together while I wasn't looking...

Really clear urine color with zero head but lots of carbonation. Smells like a urinal cake. Seriously. Fake lime (wtf is 'natural' lime FLAVOR anyway?) and old stale pee smell. If you can believe, the taste is even worse. Take bud light, which is already flavorless and horrid, then add fake lime (what tastes like those nasty green frozen pops) and mix together.

I don't usually hate on beer, but something is wrong when InBev sells millions of cases of this every year. If you enjoy lovingly hand crafted beer, then stay clear of this toxic waste nightmare. (673 characters)

1.06/5  rDev -55.5%

Ok is this beer? All I could taste was lime, there was no hint of lime, it was all lime in every drink. Other than that it looks like Bud Light, is thin and watery like Bud Light, but where at least you could chug Bud Light this crap is like chugging a lime-aid with extra fizz. I can't accurately review this since I can't give 0 scores in any category. Worst "beer" I've ever drank. (384 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -54.6%

Bud Light Lime - I had this beer at a friends house, and I will never again make such a terrible mistake.

Brew pours a sickening yellow color with almst no head at all, no lacing or anything fancy like that.

Smells almost as bad as it looks. If I would have wiped a lime on my upper lip, I would have gotten the point.

Tastes corny, with an ovewhelming taste of lime. A little skunky on top of that. Not a good idea for a beer.

One good thing about it, it does have a decent finish. Way too carbonated though.

Overall, I would have a hard time drinking this beer, even at a party or something. I wouldn't go all beer geek on them and talk about how bad most adjuncts are, but I try to always BYOB. Beers like this is why. (726 characters)

1.08/5  rDev -54.6%

Bottle from the LCBO- A pale yellow pour, with a fizzy and short lived white fizz. Nose is lime-aid like, a bit floral, pale malts. Just really limey. Tastes stale, of cardboard, corn, some sweet artificial lime, with a strange acrid bitterness left in the mouth. Has a lingering taste of artificial lime and straw. Not good at all. (332 characters)

1.09/5  rDev -54.2%

The Smell or the taste can't decide which one is more offensive.I no way to describe this beer except offensive adjuct filled Skunky beer meets artificial lime,my god,just its like an accident on my palate!!! and no i dont think that real lime could save this beer anyway !!!. undrinkable at best. Clear glass, Yikes!!!! how come beers that come in clear glass almost always get some type of lime? do they really think that will improve it? No lime, will not improve a poorly made adjuct filled beer thats been sitting in clear glass. and no, the canned version did not taste any better when poured in a pint glass. Sorry buds this one is better left alone. lifes short do your self a favour and drink somthing better. (718 characters)

1.09/5  rDev -54.2%

355ml can
4.0% ABV
I tried this beer after purchasing a singlke can from the 'singles' bin at one of my local LCBO outlets. The beer pours a translucent gold colour with a generous white head that disappears quickly. The aroma is phenolic in nature and not appealing at all. The mouthfeel is weak bodied, flat, and lightly carbonated (odd considering the huge head). The flavour is flat, citrusy, and weakly malty. This is a pretty bad beer even by swill standards which makes it even more surprising that the masses love it so much. (533 characters)

1.12/5  rDev -52.9%

A: Pours a clear yellow with a puffy white head that recedes to little more than a white ring of lace in only a couple of seconds.

S: Grain husk and straw aromas are immediately evident, but are soon overwhelmed by an artificial lime scent.

T: The entry is sweet and dry, revealing notes of lemon, grass, minerals, straw, and lime juice. The finish is clipped and quenching with intense lime juice and grain husk flavors.

M: As one would predict, this beer is very light in body with crisp carbonation. Very dry, but also very thin and watery.

O: This is like drinking lime juice mixed with cheap mineral water. I'm trying to find something positive to say here, but honestly just can't do it. This is atrocious. It's a sad excuse for a beer, but fortunately for me, I expected no less. My first drain pour in some time. (825 characters)

1.14/5  rDev -52.1%

Appearance - Average (read same old) pale yellow. ThicK head that quickly disappears.

Smell - Lime. Sugar. Salt.

Taste - Cardboard and synthetic lime juice.

Mouthfeel - Fizzy.

Drinkability - Stay away. FAR AWAY

I didn't think they could make Bud Light any worse... I shouldn't assume things. (297 characters)

1.15/5  rDev -51.7%

Worst beer that i have ever tasted!

Taste like lots of water and lime carbonation.

Aroma doesn't even turn me on.

This beer was made by someone lazy when they needed something quick to try to overkill miller chill, worthless! Why?

Even the bros got tricked, they gave this product a c-, son of a gun!Whats the world of beer come to? (337 characters)

first ‹ prev | 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next › last