Bud Light Lime - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Lime Alström Bros
Reviews: 533 | Hads: 2,352
2.53/5  rDev +6.3%

Poured into a pint glass.

Appearance: Clear, pale golden yellow. No head...at all.

Smell: Lime, all lime. No other smell.

Taste: More lime. Does not taste much like beer.

Mouthfeel: Aggressively carbonated, like soda.

Overall: Does not taste much like beer, very strong lime flavor. It does not taste awful, but it is not like a beer. Good for when you need a break from a session beer. (392 characters)

1.71/5  rDev -28.2%
look: 1 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Look-It has the standard light yellow color that most lagers have. You’ll get more of a rich variety of appearance, smell, and taste if you switch to craft brews and IPAs.

Smell-It has a malt smell laced with some lime aromas.

Taste-The lime really comes out and although it does make the beer better than standard bud light, in my opinion, it is obviously a fake additive.

Mouthfeel-It has a malt and yeast feel from this light-bodied brew and the carbonation is plentiful.

Overall-This is not a beer you should drink, but if you must drink bud light, make sure it has that fake lime twist. (599 characters)

1.81/5  rDev -23.9%

It has the same fake lime taste that you'd find in lime flavored diet coke. The lime flavor helps cover up the taste of watered down bad beer with no character. Be that as it may, there is a time and place for it. While I love heavy, complex beers with abv of 7-8% - sometimes I want to sit in the shade with my feet in the kiddy pool and throw back some cheap yet drinkable low abv beer. Outside of this described setting, however, I wouldn't come within 50 yds of this beer. (483 characters)

1.18/5  rDev -50.4%
look: 1 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Taste is acceptable...don't expect the flavor of a Bohemia or Modelo with lime, because you aren't going to get that. It's the typical bland bud light taste with some acidic fake lime flavor. These give me bad heart burn after a few. (233 characters)

2.28/5  rDev -4.2%

An overall rather unpleasant beer. The lime tastes artificial, and does little to mask the typical character of Bud Light. Feel is almost slimy. I would pass if I were you. (172 characters)

3.15/5  rDev +32.4%

First off, this beer is slammed a bit too heavily. Bud Light Lime is a great summer beer to keep a buzz and not empty your wallet. Color is typical yellow color and everything else is essentially a Bud Light (go figure). Taste is watery, adjunct rice with added artificial lime flavor. While that does not sound too great, there is a charm to it if you drink American light beers. If you're trying to not feel weighed down while out in the heat, then this is a solid choice. (474 characters)

2.34/5  rDev -1.7%

I am not ashamed to admit that I don't hate this one as bad as bud light.
look) clear bottle, simple logo and design. A great way to tell consumer its quality.
smell) neutral or nothing, its light beer.
taste) better than bud light for sure. bud light is club soda + alcohol.This is club soda + artificial lime + alcohol. Very refreshing if you are sweating, bbq, grilling.
feel) nothing special about this. You can easily replace it with sprite, lemonade. If you want to feel like an adult and drink alcohol, then go for angry orchard at least it has some quality. Anyway, it served its purpose as a hot summer day social drink. (630 characters)

3.8/5  rDev +59.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Tastes faintly like beer with a hint of lime. Be honest, you like it, you just don't want to admit it. I could drink like 10 & catch a slight buzz. More of a wine cooler really, wife loves it. (192 characters)

2.87/5  rDev +20.6%

I am not a full fledged beer snob I will shamelessly admit that I can enjoy a good ol'e macro every now and again. For what its worth I think this tastes better then regular bud light... probably don't mean much, but hey I would buy this again. I am not too big a fan of putting limes in my beers but this actually tasted... well, not bad. Maybe its because of the artificial lime flavor I dunno, but I enjoyed it. Drank this beer with dinner, a rack of beef ribs cooked out on the grill, a very hot sunny day, the lime bud light did what its advertised to do, it was refreshing and tasty to my palet. (601 characters)

3.12/5  rDev +31.1%

For a light lager, I didn't find it that bad considering the following: I had several of these while cooking on my grill on a very hot day. The crispness of the beer, the lightness of the lager mixed with some lime flavoring was not that bad. Now, the brew itself was nothing special to look at - no head and no lacing, and all you could really taste was the lime with a bit of watered down hops - but on a hot day, I could drink this all day... (448 characters)

3.28/5  rDev +37.8%

Not ashamed. I know bud light is especially looked down upon but I'm not always looking for a craft beer. A great summer beer. Light, refreshing. First beer I ever drank too. Would I take other beers over this? Of course. But if I'm by the pool I'll never turn one down. Better then regular bud light.
Pours very carbonated and with a head that quickly dies. (358 characters)

2.06/5  rDev -13.4%

someone had to bring a 12pack of this over for Memorial Day...are we really that lazy enough to not put our own lime in our beer? And do we need a lime anyway? (160 characters)

1.23/5  rDev -48.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.5

Cold it tastes like sprite, warm it tastes like skunk piss. If you have to drink it add a splash of oj, let's face it, it isn't real beer anyway. Makes it somewhat drinkable. (174 characters)

3.02/5  rDev +26.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3

This is a fat girl/mo-ped beer, you don't want anyone to see you enjoying one. It's like big people soda pop. Breaking down the flavor profile is pointless, it's a lime flavored beer that washes down an over cooked hamburger on the 4th of July like no other. It shouldn't be good, but damn if it doesn't hit the spot sometimes. (327 characters)

1.91/5  rDev -19.7%
look: 2.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

Pale straw in color. There is certainly truth in advertising as this beer is dominated by the smell and taste of lime. The lime certainly make a bad beer better. (163 characters)

3.05/5  rDev +28.2%

16 oz can after too much painting.
Pale straw with a decent head. Grainy lime aroma and flavor. I actually didn't hate this one. I could actually drink a few of these on a hot summer day. (188 characters)

2.1/5  rDev -11.8%

Bud light lime is a lime infused light lager that lacks complexity. I'm giving it this rating mainly because ol Anheuser-Busch has recently started a marketing strategy that makes fun of micro brewery craft beer. They should spend their time and money catching up because they are behind the game for sure.

I will say that it is easy to throw back 4 of these without a care. (376 characters)

3.28/5  rDev +37.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.25

Pours a light golden color with high carbonation and head thinning to a lace. Only aromas here are a little lime. Goes down real smooth, very little bitterness. Fortunately the corn adjunct is masked by the lime. Not too bad of beer. I'll take this over Bud Light any day. (272 characters)

4.46/5  rDev +87.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

12 oz bottle in a 7 oz Riedel Sommeliers Series Single Malt Whiskey Glass (my boyfriend is dumb)

A - Beautiful light-golden color. Looks like healthy urine. Little head. Nice lacing for the amount of head.

S - Lime and nutmeg. Slightly floral, but hidden by the citrus.

T - Beautiful summer day on white crystal sands. This might be the most scientific success of the perfect lime-to-beer ratio. Leaves an aftertaste near, or close, to the green Skittles candy.

M - Well carbonated. Very soft and slippery. Balanced. Throat-heavy.

O - This light, crisp, and refreshing beer scores well in my book. BLL is an overall good beer that goes well with any activity. I wouldn't recommend this beer to people that do not enjoy events and adventure. (746 characters)

3.3/5  rDev +38.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Not that bad of a beer only thing about it is after a few of these the taste gets overwhelming and other then that a ok beer to drink on a hot summer day.... (157 characters)

2.82/5  rDev +18.5%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

It's a drinkable cheap beer for a cook out. I like it better than most big box American beers. With that being said it's nothing special. But I buy it for my wife from time to time (180 characters)

4.01/5  rDev +68.5%

Not sure why i like this beer but i honestly enjoy it from time to time( stuck in a midwest bar) with the wife. I think it comes from the practice of my grandparents adding lime and salt to Corornas. Loved that. Bud Light Lime seems to nail that taste for me. (262 characters)

1.8/5  rDev -24.4%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

How have I never rated this? It was my second lawnmower beer after Landshark cans disappeared! What can I say, it's a lime beer. Nose of fake lime, barely a bit of beer taste under that big fake lime taste that seemingly never leaves the tongue. I've moved on to the various Leinekugel shandys now for mowing but yep, many a strip of grass were doused with the last ounce or so of a Bud Light lime once the cold fell off! Really - only way to drink it is ice freaking cold. Think just north of slushy cold. (508 characters)

2.38/5  rDev 0%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

A: Crystal clear straw color with big white pillowy head from an aggressive pour

S: Lime with some malts

T: Sweet citrus taste like lemon/lime soda, very faint maltyness then a limey aftertaste

M: Very effervescent and watery, much like a soda

O: Nothing that is gonna knock your sox off but a refreshing offering that would be good to bring a 12 pack of to the beach (375 characters)

2.01/5  rDev -15.5%

What can I say but Bud Light lager with lime added. It's not bad on a hot day but the lime really taste generic and if I am going to add lime to beer I would much rather add real lime. (184 characters)

Bud Light Lime from Anheuser-Busch