Bud Light Lime - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Lime Alström Bros
3.5/5  rDev +62%

3.5/5  rDev +62%

2.8/5  rDev +29.6%

Please note this review is in the context of adjunct beers and obviously not compared to a microbrewery effort.

Appearance - Looks like a regular adjunct lager.

Smell - see above.

Taste - Very clean and refreshing. Smooth. Hint of lime is nice. When cold and just hanging out is an excellent beer. Similar ABV to other light beers so you'll feel the same. Won't get you hammered unless you drink 15, and even then I keep my balance.

Mouth - is very crisp in the mouth and smooth. Not offensive in the slightest. Will offend a beer snob or a self conscious man -- I am neither.

This is a solid C from me. Sure I would never order it at the bar, but when hanging out with buds or similar activities this is the perfect beer, in my opinion. It's the tailgating beer.

2.94/5  rDev +36.1%

Appearance: Pale yellow, good carbonation, not much lacing, and the head dissipates almost as fast as coke.

Smell: Lime

Taste: Lime with a hint of malt at the end.

Mouthfeel: Light bodied but if I swish it around it feels quite thick.

This beer is a thirst quencher and easy to drink. It tastes good, especially if you like lime drinks. However, I don't feel like I'm really drinking beer. It's o.k. to taste like lime, but let me taste some malt or hops too. Otherwise, if some other kind of beer is available, I'll take it.

2.97/5  rDev +37.5%

Appearance- Pours and looks the same as most its budweiser brothers from a bottle to a mug (more on that later) a snow white head that leaves no lacing and falls to a small dusting over the top of the brew.

Taste- Wow they weren't kidding with the lime on this one. Have some chips or nachos ready by your side because this is almost power enough to serve as a side dish on its own. Drink a bud light and suck on a lime, you got BLL

Overalll- This was poured into a frosted mug for me and I was shocked to see after I let the beer sit for about three or four minutes that small parts of ice started floating to the top of the mug! What a travesty. Might have been better if 1. it wasn't served in a mug 2. there wasn't any ice in it. I dont know if its because of how thin this beer is or because of how cold the glass was but thats what ruined it for me.

1.08/5  rDev -50%

Bud Light Lime - I had this beer at a friends house, and I will never again make such a terrible mistake.

Brew pours a sickening yellow color with almst no head at all, no lacing or anything fancy like that.

Smells almost as bad as it looks. If I would have wiped a lime on my upper lip, I would have gotten the point.

Tastes corny, with an ovewhelming taste of lime. A little skunky on top of that. Not a good idea for a beer.

One good thing about it, it does have a decent finish. Way too carbonated though.

Overall, I would have a hard time drinking this beer, even at a party or something. I wouldn't go all beer geek on them and talk about how bad most adjuncts are, but I try to always BYOB. Beers like this is why.

2.79/5  rDev +29.2%

Poured from a clear 12 ounce bottle into a wine glass. (Hey, let's give it a chance, right?) Stamped 11014 WB32. The 'gentleman' who gifted me a bottle has had these for six to seven months. Hmm.

A: The cap does not need my opener. A vigorous pour nets half a finger of stark-white head with no staying power. Faint bubbles float up from within the clear, pale yellow beer. If we're being honest, it looks like yellow water. The kind you might make.

S: It smells like a margarita. Lime, salt, and sweet and sour mix. Fortunately, no tequila is present in the nose. Not only inoffensive, but perversely...pleasant?

T: Dear God what is this beer? Lots of lime and sugar and carbonation and sweetness. It pains me to say, but it's actually pretty good. I stand here before you all, humbly confessing my snobbery in writing this beer off as horse piss. The lime makes all the difference, of course, hiding the sins of the adjunct grain and lending spice to the standard sweetness. I suspect that perhaps the age accentuated the sweet lime, which is easily the best part of this beer. The aftertaste is grainy, unpleasant, but luckily short-lived.

M: Carbonation, yes, but also an oppressive fruitiness that seems out of place in a 'light' beer. The sugars linger just a tad too long.

O: So. It may not be terrible, but I still can't manage to finish an entire glass. I feel this is a beer to be swigged -- from the bottle -- on a sultry summer eve. In the company of 'bros'. Unrecommended, but if push comes to shove (or I need to blend in at a tailgate) I would not disdain this beer in the future.

2.25/5  rDev +4.2%