Bud Light Lime - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Lime Alström Bros
spinrsx

Ontario (Canada)

2.13/5  rDev -1.4%

355ml Can

Appearance – Clear yellow colour with an average size fizzy white coloured head. There is an average amount of carbonation showing and there is almost no lacing. The head lasted for around 3 minutes before it was gone.

Smell - Grains, bread, lime

Taste & Mouth - The beer has an above average amount of carbonation. I can taste breads/grains mixed with lots of lime. That's about it really.. The lime really takes over the taste.. to the point that this is more of a lime soda than a beer.

Overall – This isn't something that I would have purchased, but it was offered to me by a friend and I figured I might as well give it a try. It seems to be selling fairly well - I figured it would be a fad that would away, but the beer has been around for a few years now. I still don't see whats so hard about adding your own lime to a bud light. (or whichever beer you choose) At least then it would taste less artificial.

07-04-2011 13:57:47 | More by spinrsx
GossageBrewery

Missouri

1.3/5  rDev -39.8%

Got this at a concert I went to out of a can. Poor choice I know but I guess a Beer is better than no beer right?

Poured this beast out of a can into a clear plastic cup. Only the best for Bud Light! It produced a tiny thin white head, poor retention, no lacing. It poured a pale yellow color. Aroma was a hint of odd smelling lime- somehow i doubt the claim of 100% Natural Lime Flavor" There was a taste of lime from start to finish. I did not detect any malt or grain or hops for that matter. Can someone say lemon lime Vess Soda that has been sitting out in an open 2 liter bottle for about a week. Overall, bad- not good-

06-30-2011 16:05:17 | More by GossageBrewery
engagechad

2.48/5  rDev +14.8%

Grabbed this can from a cookout fo free - poured into a southern tier tulip glass. fancy presentation for a not so fancy brew.

Pours a straw yellow, well filtered with moderate head. Head goes away fast but not like too bad. Smells pretty damn good actually. I mean.. it's beer and it doesn't smell like beer but damn it smells like sprite! Taste is pretty refreshing and it was kind of a surprise. There isn't really any flavor and the lime is kind of faint in the taste. Mouthfeel is slimy like a bud heavy.

Overall this beer wasn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be. It's like a fizzy citrusy soda. Not much abv so it doesn't hit hard. It sounds trashy but I really wouldn't mind a canned one on a hot day fishing or something.

06-28-2011 19:24:00 | More by engagechad
tjacobs610

2.63/5  rDev +21.8%

Appearance: A pale yellow color with a small, one finger sized white head that has about 10-15 seconds of retention and no lacing to speak of

Smell: The lime is noticeable right of the bat, also has the typical smells of a light lager behind the lime. It is very hoppy in smell and is actually not bad smelling

Taste: Very hoppy taste, can taste the lime right away, but it isn’t overly strong. The taste is just like any other light beer but the lime flavor makes this beer a bit better than most

Mouthfeel: Very light feel and very light bodied. Has what seems to be a lot of carbonation and is very frothy

Overall: Not a bad beer in the big picture, but isn’t really that great either. The lime flavor really adds a lot to this beer.

06-15-2011 04:17:59 | More by tjacobs610
drowninginhops

South Carolina

2.28/5  rDev +5.6%

From notes.

A: Ugly yellow, off white head that existed briefly.

S: Lime. Lime oh and did I mention (in dejected tone) lime.

T: The lime actually makes Bud Light better, but it would be really hard make it worse.

M: Close you eyes imagine lime flavored Alka Seltzer there you go.

D: Meh.

06-12-2011 00:56:25 | More by drowninginhops
coldmeat23

Oklahoma

4.33/5  rDev +100.5%

GLASS: Pilsener Glass
TEMP: Fridge chilled to approx 38 degrees
24oz Bottle (Purchased in Kansas/full-strength)

Pale yellow in color. I actually expected a touch of orange, but it's not here. The head of white foam forms, then disappears, just as quickly. No lacing.

I love lime. The nose on this is full of lime with a light graininess. I also hate when a product says that it contains something and you have to search hard to find it. This actually delivers!

Mild graininess. Light maltiness. Good dose of lime. It doesn't even taste like chemical flavoring. Nice.

Light bodied with a medium level of carbonation. Smooth, crisp and clean. Nicely refreshing.

I don't know that I could down 18 of these in an evening or anything, but I'm glad to find a BMC product that I don't mind drinking.

06-01-2011 04:46:18 | More by coldmeat23
Guden

Maryland

A- Yellow and fizzy as expected with an overly tall 3" pure white head which quickly fades to a tiny layer. Lots of little carbonation bubbles and brilliantly clear make this beer look somewhat appetizing.

S- Definitely sweet sugar and lime, like a margarita. Some light beer adjuncts just creep through under this. Overall it smells like a lime beer, without any real off flavors.

T- Light in flavor, theres a little lime in the middle with more coming in the back end with the beer character being some adjunct and lager sweetness in the middle. The lime doesn't seem extremely "fresh" but there isn't an off character to it either, just pretty standard.

M- Very thin and watery, easily the worst characteristic of the beer. Lots of carbonation make it a quick and easy drinker like it should be but it feels like drinking lime water more than lime beer in some ways.

D- This beer certainly surprised me. I am not a fan of bud light but this seems to cover up the off flavors with a moderately enjoyable lime characteristic. If I was going to drink a lot of beers on a summer day I wouldn't mind this being one or two of them.

05-28-2011 20:10:58 | More by Guden
Shinypoptart

Georgia

3.55/5  rDev +64.4%

I decided to rewrite my review of Bud Light Lime.

After trying this beer multiple times I came to the conclusion that it is a good beer... when consumed in a correct manner.

I admit that this light beer tastes a lot like sprite compared to other "real" beers, however, the overwhelming lime taste is preferable in many ways to the complete lack of flavor or strong corn taste of many other unflavored light beers.

If you enjoy beer, you probably don't enjoy the taste of most mass-marketed light beers. You may drink them, but only because they are less filling, weaker and cheaper than other better styles.

When it comes to light lagers, I understand Bud Light Lime. It is light, crisp and has a bit of flavor that other, completely tasteless light beers, lack. It is great to slug down, especially when its hot, you're working outside or are watching sports.

Bud Light Lime is not a good beer compared to other better beers, but when used correctly and without pretension, it is good.

05-27-2011 04:15:10 | More by Shinypoptart
depechemode1983

Pretty average appearance. Pours out a golden straw color with some white sudsy head. No lacing of course plenty of rising carbonation. Smells like bud light with lime added. As advertised. Can't really smell much more than lime. Taste is nothing but lime. The good thing is it taste natural. Like I got a bud light and literally squeezed lime juice into it. Mouth feel is ok. Light bodied, highly carbonated. Like seltzer water almost. Don't really have anything bad to say about this. It is what it is. Average macro lager. Would I buy this on a regular basis? No. I wouldn't turn down a free one if that's all there was though.

05-15-2011 23:58:07 | More by depechemode1983
ShogoKawada

Rhode Island

1.88/5  rDev -13%

am I on my own CANquest? A good question. This one should be interesting- up until now I've avoided the lime flavored beer party train. All aboard.

24oz into Stone VE sample glass.

A- More clear than yellow, looks like watered down apple juice. Big fizzy head, 3 fingers, settles quickly. Snow white.

S- Lime, some sort of... hmm, it smells like ginger ale a bit. Like a half ginger ale, half sprite.

T- Actually, not too bad at first sip. Ugh, scratch that. As I finish the 8oz I poured, my stomach starts to turn. Too much lime. There's nothing much to note- good or bad- this is a spritzy limeade, more or less. It's like they put juuust enough malt in this to turn a soda into a beer.

M- Lots of carbonation, mouthfeel like seltzer water, artificial sweetener type twang in the finish.

O- This one crept up on me with it's badness. Too much lime! Not enough beer! I surrender, I surrender!

05-12-2011 23:26:53 | More by ShogoKawada
Slygato

Apperance- Pale straw yellow color and a foamy white head

Smell- A hint of lime not much else there

Taste- Taste lime and not much else,too much of a lime aftertaste

Mouthfeel- Light body, easy to drink, leaves the throat dry afterwords

Overall- The beer is what I would expect from a beer with lime in. Overpowering lime taste, is about the same as most of the other lime beers

05-10-2011 04:30:32 | More by Slygato
DCon

Missouri

2.9/5  rDev +34.3%

Given to me from friend Mike, "drink as many as you want of those bud light limes!", he says. Poured from a 12oz Can into my Budweiser, St. Louis Rams Pint Glass. Has 10191 written on the bottom of the can.

Appearance- Poured a pale, yellow clear body with 2 finger of foamy head. The retention was weak and had no retention whatsoever.

Smell- Huge lime smell that you can smell from a mile away. No other scents since this fake lime is overpowering.

Taste/Mouthfeel- Starts off sweet with a tonic water addition. Light lime and mild malts as well. Light bodied, Medium-Large Carbonation, and leaves a hint of lime on the palate.

Overall- Easy drinking, Tonic water tasting, and an easy floating trip or marathon beer. I have enjoyed many times and now when it comes down to it, I can hardly write anything about it! Better than many other of its competitors (Miller Chill, Corona & Lime, etc).

05-03-2011 21:09:08 | More by DCon
CrazyMike

Alberta (Canada)

Straw yellow apperance with little head that fizzes quickly, not a good sign of things to come. Smell is mostly lime juice with a hint of malt and corn.

Taste is dominated by a dull lime taste, reminds me of diet sprite. Hard to pick up anything else, maybe citrus and small hint of corn. Watery, light bodied with high carbonation. Aftertaste is dry with a lingering lime taste.

Overall, gimmick beer that inspired a number of knock offs. Only thing that makes this different then bud light is the lime taste. At least it's easy to dry.

05-02-2011 23:53:19 | More by CrazyMike
Beerandraiderfan

Nevada

1.23/5  rDev -43.1%

A little darker than usual bud light, maybe the lime gives it more depth, but the lack of head and whatnot is still there. Aroma is like sprite and bud light.

No malt or hop presence, just seems like someone mixed sprite with bud light. Lots of sprite. Nothing in the mouthfeel other than carbonation and lime soda. Cannot believe this is so popular, even amongst people who like Bud Light.

04-27-2011 18:29:08 | More by Beerandraiderfan
greenmonstah

New Hampshire

2.05/5  rDev -5.1%

12 oz bottle into pint glass

A - Piss yellow with a finger of white head. Very poor head retention for the style.

S - Lingering artificial lime, but not too much. Nothing else.

T - Unlike the Labatt attempt, the lime isn't too much and isn't too artificial. It definitely tastes fake, but not as candy-like as in the Labatt beer. Taste light a light lager with a bit of lime to it, really not that bad. None of that gross LL finish that the LBLL had.

M - Light body with a stickiness from the sweet lime. Doesn't linger. Plenty of carbonation. Like most light lagers, but with a nasty sugary stickiness.

O - Of the two big Light Lime beers, this is my preference. Which is a lot like say that I would rather lose a leg than an arm.

04-27-2011 01:23:43 | More by greenmonstah
baconsausage

Vermont

2.58/5  rDev +19.4%

Is it artificial or natural lime flavor? Can says 100% natural flavor. Dispute settled. Average clear straw color with average head retention and above average lacing. Fantasticlly quafable; I wish I was very very thirsy. Tastes like lime alcohol selter. I want to mix it with some coconut flavored whisky for a tropical boiler maker. That would make this beer that much more enjoyable.

04-03-2011 22:44:34 | More by baconsausage
6thomas3

2.03/5  rDev -6%

Appearance - Dull yellow against a muted haze of irrelevant head with tiny dancing carbonation bubbles that fade almost as quickly as the head

Smell - Faint almost non-existent aroma of citrus

Taste - Light with a bit stronger aftertaste of weak spice and citrus

Mouthfeel - Bland with no apparent heart

Overall - Possible light beach beer that did not capture my imagination

03-29-2011 22:14:17 | More by 6thomas3
Knapp85

2.48/5  rDev +14.8%

I didn't think I'd ever try this but a friend had it and tossed me one. I wasn't overly excited to try it but I did anyway. The nose is quite potent with lime. It smells nice but its reminding me of soda. The beer is clear yellow and obviously light bodied. The taste is lime no doubt about that. The flavors of lime subside after a little and turns into that very familiar Bud Lite flavor most of us know and hate.

03-27-2011 19:27:45 | More by Knapp85
TheManiacalOne

Rhode Island

1.95/5  rDev -9.7%

Poured from a 12oz can into a US tumbler pint glass.

A: The beer is a light yellow color, with a short white head that fades very quickly and leaves a thin lace on the glass.

S: The aroma is of lime juice, light malts, some adjuncts and a very faint touch of hops.

T: The taste starts out with a sweet lime flavor. After that there really isn't much flavor at all. There's a bit of light malt and adjunct breadiness and there's a barely detectable hops presence. The after-taste is likewise simply lime-flavored.

M: Crisp and a little smooth, light body, medium-to-high carbonation, finish is clean.

D: Not too flavorful since the only thing I can taste is lime, goes down very easily and not filling at all since there's nothing to the beer, since it's so light that makes it a good representation of style, it seems as though this is one of those beers that tries to appeal to people that don't like beer by tasting as little like beer as possible.

03-23-2011 02:56:36 | More by TheManiacalOne
Brunite

2.45/5  rDev +13.4%

Appearance: A clear, light yellow with a white creamy head.

Aroma: Smells like atypical adjunct with lime smell...like English Leather aftershave....lime version.

Taste: Tastes like adjunct light beer with lime flavoring...not as bad as I expected....but not good.

Mouthfeel: Thin and watery.

Overall: I didn't find this as bad as expected. But I like anything lime....even fake tasting lime candy. That may explain my tolerance here.

03-22-2011 06:34:34 | More by Brunite
tykees88

Indiana

1.55/5  rDev -28.2%

A nice pee pee yellow beer with a green background. Maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me.

Smells like cat piss covered up by lime cleaner

Tastes like pop with a lemon lime flavor. This is beer supposedly.

Super light beer at least they got what they were going for.

Sucks. But hey, it is what it is. At least they can make money off of it.

03-19-2011 17:19:10 | More by tykees88
Wegomlegging

1.75/5  rDev -19%

Pee yellow. The lime scent was thankfully strong enough to cover the goop beer. Again, the lime was the only redeeming quality in the flavor. Sweet syrupy stank followed, and a week-old stale beer flavor finished. Wanted to spit the aftertaste out, so I did (thankfully I was at a BBQ). This beer is barely beer, so it's safe to say it was not very drinkable. Yuck!

03-13-2011 02:27:13 | More by Wegomlegging
afksports

2.08/5  rDev -3.7%

So I landed in San Francisco and I've gotten word that they have some fantastic beers here. So I sidled up to the first bar we saw -at a Texas Roadhouse - passed by that Widmer Hefe shit, an ordered myself a Bud Light Lime.

On request, the kind waitress brought me a glass to pour this fine brew into.

A hard pour yields a rapidly dissipating set of bubbles sitting on top of a straw colored glass of day old urea. The smell is better. Lime. Candy lime. Nothing else. Taste is the same: lime an water. Also a touch of Buds super spcioal secret nastiness that cannot be avoided in any AB brew.

The final notes finish with a twang like a Texas hooker missing one too many teeth. It feels like water, drinks much worse.

I'm banking that this purchase won't ruin Pliny for me.

03-12-2011 00:35:55 | More by afksports
Johnnyfacelift

2.13/5  rDev -1.4%

The only thing that holds the Bud Light Lime up is the lime flavor. You basically get that Corona with a lime thing without stuffing wedges of citrus fruit through the neck of the bottle.

HOT summer days are the only place for these, or if your out of every other beer and you have no choice. They also can cause a wicked headache.

02-27-2011 05:14:56 | More by Johnnyfacelift
ehammond1

1.65/5  rDev -23.6%

Can

El Mercado Market
San Marcos, CA

One of the lightest colored beers I've ever seen. Calling it "straw" would be a huge compliment. This stuff was not supposed to be poured in to a glass! It almost looks like dirty water (or urine) except for this huge foaming white head that builds initially but falls away almost immediately. Zero lacing.

Smells like lime. So I guess, that's a good thing?

Barely tastes like anything. I've always scoffed when people call the light-macros like "drinking water," thinking that must be a significant exaggeration. But, I take back all my scoffing. This is like drinking lime-flavored water.

The mouthfeel is similar to water, and I no longer want to drink this.

There you have it folks:

<<Avoid!!>>