Bud Light Lime - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Lime Alström Bros

jdgerow, Nov 16, 2011

garuda, Nov 14, 2011

Thickfreakness, Nov 14, 2011

Sachsenfreude, Nov 14, 2011
1.5/5  rDev -30.6%

Had a small Veterans Day get together last night. A keg of hop devil and various craft brews didnt tickle everyone's fancy, and someone brought a 12 pack of this. Went to the fridge to grab a hop head red, but behold. I saw this gem in there, and thought, This looks to be the sure sign of a good time....WITH a lime twist! Twist top clear 12 oz bottle poured into none other than a snifter. Maybe it was "born on" 7/24/11? There was just a jumblefuck of numbers here that would insinuate that this was actually brewed and didnt come from a rain gutter. Here we go...

A- Actually not a horrible appearance. Pours a glowing yellow color with a quickly fizzing white head. The head settles down into, well, nothing. Plenty of lively carbonation, lots of bubbles jumping to the surface.

S- This beer smells like what you throw up after a night of hellacious margarita drinking. No hop profile, no malt character, only limes. If you really try and fight through the artificial lime aromas there is some notes of malt liquor and corn.

T- Goddamn it. This is awful. Im even keeping in mind what this... Limes, actually some grains, bread, shitty lager yeast, more limes, salt. No bitterness or hop profile.

M- Thin, over carbonated, FWIW drink ability is probably more than any other beer, so i guess they hit their mark.

O- I didnt think this beer was going to be good. Alot of people come on here and slander ABInbev because they make shitty beer, but this beer really is god awful. For me, drinking this beer is reminiscent of punching myself in the genitals aggressively. Im actually pissed off at myself and feel guilty that i poured this into my Brooklyn Brewery tulip. Shit. Drainpour.

kmatlack, Nov 13, 2011

Well I've had 2 cans of this stuff sitting in my fridge for over a year now, so my buddy and I decided what the hell, and we cracked them open to drink during band practice this afternoon. Poured into one of my mugs. Pours a clear, light yellow/gold color. Frothy big white head is well over an inch thick when poured, but settles very quickly to a thin white foam ring lining the inside of the glass. No lacing either. Smells of lime that's really about it. Not a bad smell, but I've never had a beer smell like lime before, and I don't think they are supposed to smell like that, but I guess this "beer" apparently is supposed to smell like lime since lime is one of the ingredients it is brewed with. Has a sweet lime taste along with a grassy corn like flavor. No sweet malt or hop presence that most beers should have. Tastes like lime flavored seltzer water, not beer that's for sure! Not a particularly bad flavor, just not what any decent beer should taste like. Has a crisp, thin/watery mouthfeel with moderate carbonation, again not the mouthfeel any decent beer should have. I was surprised at how carbonated the mouthfeel is given the lack of head and the fact that there were very few bubbles rising up from the bottom to the top of the glass. Not a particularly terrible beverage, but indeed a pretty terrible beer as this is not what beer should ever want or try to be!

Eric

neenerzig, Nov 06, 2011
3.13/5  rDev +44.9%

Bud Light Lime has a medium, white head and a clear, pale-golden appearance, with some streaming bubbles. The aroma is of lime juice and maybe some faint grains. The taste is of lime juice, tap water, and slight grains can be picked up. No hops. Mouthfeel is light and watery, and Bud Light Lime finishes crisp, clean, refreshing, and dry. Overall, this is an okay light beer, and I rate it average plus. Light beer drinkers should like it.

RJT

RonaldTheriot, Oct 31, 2011
1.58/5  rDev -26.9%

A-Pours a clear golden color with virtually no head. Looks like most light lagers. Nothing special.

S-All I can really smell is lime juice, not natural lime flavor, but lime juice. That's it. Yuck.

T-Majorly lime (or lame). Very sweet after taste.

M-Super sweet, watery feel in the mouth.

O-I'm don't care so much for this one. It feels like not much thought or effort went into brewing the beer. Mindless mass production at its worst. This beer only works if it's super cold and if there is nothing else to drink. This is my father-in-law's favorite beer and I can't understand why.

danmcg62, Oct 24, 2011
1.05/5  rDev -51.4%

I hate my friends so much for pouring this into my glass at a fun little get together while I wasn't looking...

Really clear urine color with zero head but lots of carbonation. Smells like a urinal cake. Seriously. Fake lime (wtf is 'natural' lime FLAVOR anyway?) and old stale pee smell. If you can believe, the taste is even worse. Take bud light, which is already flavorless and horrid, then add fake lime (what tastes like those nasty green frozen pops) and mix together.

I don't usually hate on beer, but something is wrong when InBev sells millions of cases of this every year. If you enjoy lovingly hand crafted beer, then stay clear of this toxic waste nightmare.

cbarrett4, Oct 22, 2011
3.18/5  rDev +47.2%

Tallboy can picked up at the LCBO. This is the Canadian version, made by Labatt... can says the abv is an even 4.0%. Never tried this stuff before, but I haven't reviewed a light beer in a while so why not? Why not indeed...

Pours a familiar pale straw colour, topped with a finger of fizzy white head that wastes no time in fizzing itself right out of existence. To be blunt, it looks like every other macro lager, except maybe even more effervescent if that's possible. The aroma reminds me of limeade, with the actual 'beer' smells (of which adjunct is the only one I can comfortably identify) struggling to be detected through this overpowering, artificial odour. It's not unpleasant... it just makes me feel like I'm about to drink a flavoured malt beverage instead of genuine beer.

Despite the cynicism in the last paragraph, this actually tastes alright - for a macro light beer, anyway. Once again the lime flavouring is pretty dominant, but not obnoxiously so - it provides a pleasant tartness to what is otherwise a very generic brew with almost no flavour. I would be lying if I said I could detect anything beyond rice adjunct and artificial lime. The aftertaste reminds me of Trix (sorry to snipe this from an earlier review but it really is disturbingly apt). Thin-bodied, highly watery, and heavily carbonated with plenty of bite. Crisp and fairly refreshing.

As far as light beer goes, you could definitely do worse than BLL. I am generally not a big fan of fruity beer, especially when it's artificial fruitiness, but I still find this to be drinkable... perhaps even enjoyable with the proper weather and situation. At the very least, I can say I like this more than regular Bud Light. Reasonably inoffensive - a serviceable light beer option.

thehyperduck, Oct 15, 2011
2.88/5  rDev +33.3%

Served this 12 oz. in a tulip pint. The body was a clear light gold. The whispy white head quickly settled to a tiny ring. I assessed this one against other "light lagers" not craft beer.

The smell was limes - modest, simply of limes, nothing else.

The taste had hints of limes and hints of beer. The lime flavor was predominant. There was some minor hops notes leaving a light amount of bitterness. This is refreshing and the lime flavors do taste real. Not a bad way to quench your thirst (there are better methods).

The mouthfeel was light bodied and not overly carbonated. For entertainment I did a taste test VS. Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus and this Bud Light Lime. The Bud Light Lime was better, the MULC was more watery and the lime tasted artificial.

Cresant, Oct 09, 2011

A friend of mine offered up this lovely concoction to me...and I will never take a beer from him again.

The only positive thing that I can say about this beer was that it was a nice cold drink on a warm day. And if it is cold enough, you might get lucky enough not to have to taste it. A good idea gone horribly bad.

Shibbykaiyai, Oct 09, 2011