1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Bud Light Lime - Anheuser-Busch

Bud Light LimeBud Light Lime

awful

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Lime Alström Bros
3.18/5  rDev +47.2%

Tallboy can picked up at the LCBO. This is the Canadian version, made by Labatt... can says the abv is an even 4.0%. Never tried this stuff before, but I haven't reviewed a light beer in a while so why not? Why not indeed...

Pours a familiar pale straw colour, topped with a finger of fizzy white head that wastes no time in fizzing itself right out of existence. To be blunt, it looks like every other macro lager, except maybe even more effervescent if that's possible. The aroma reminds me of limeade, with the actual 'beer' smells (of which adjunct is the only one I can comfortably identify) struggling to be detected through this overpowering, artificial odour. It's not unpleasant... it just makes me feel like I'm about to drink a flavoured malt beverage instead of genuine beer.

Despite the cynicism in the last paragraph, this actually tastes alright - for a macro light beer, anyway. Once again the lime flavouring is pretty dominant, but not obnoxiously so - it provides a pleasant tartness to what is otherwise a very generic brew with almost no flavour. I would be lying if I said I could detect anything beyond rice adjunct and artificial lime. The aftertaste reminds me of Trix (sorry to snipe this from an earlier review but it really is disturbingly apt). Thin-bodied, highly watery, and heavily carbonated with plenty of bite. Crisp and fairly refreshing.

As far as light beer goes, you could definitely do worse than BLL. I am generally not a big fan of fruity beer, especially when it's artificial fruitiness, but I still find this to be drinkable... perhaps even enjoyable with the proper weather and situation. At the very least, I can say I like this more than regular Bud Light. Reasonably inoffensive - a serviceable light beer option.

thehyperduck, Oct 15, 2011
2.88/5  rDev +33.3%

Served this 12 oz. in a tulip pint. The body was a clear light gold. The whispy white head quickly settled to a tiny ring. I assessed this one against other "light lagers" not craft beer.

The smell was limes - modest, simply of limes, nothing else.

The taste had hints of limes and hints of beer. The lime flavor was predominant. There was some minor hops notes leaving a light amount of bitterness. This is refreshing and the lime flavors do taste real. Not a bad way to quench your thirst (there are better methods).

The mouthfeel was light bodied and not overly carbonated. For entertainment I did a taste test VS. Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus and this Bud Light Lime. The Bud Light Lime was better, the MULC was more watery and the lime tasted artificial.

Cresant, Oct 09, 2011

A friend of mine offered up this lovely concoction to me...and I will never take a beer from him again.

The only positive thing that I can say about this beer was that it was a nice cold drink on a warm day. And if it is cold enough, you might get lucky enough not to have to taste it. A good idea gone horribly bad.

Shibbykaiyai, Oct 09, 2011
4.45/5  rDev +106%

This beer embodies all that is light beer. As some despise it, you have to look at the properties in which holds. Budlight as a whole, is mediocre at best. Given a spark of lime juice the taste evolves and is pleasant. Granted the hops, malt, and all things that flavor do not exhume excellence, but for a light beer you have to choose something that isn't too plain.

This beer goes down smooth and doesn't leave an unpleasant after taste. Whether chugging like a college student or grippin' and sippin' this beer doesn't get boring. Stop hating the light beer, it's a necessary evil.

latackbeer, Oct 08, 2011
1.93/5  rDev -10.6%

And I thought adding lime was supposed to "save" poor beer! Tequiza wasn't bad enough , they had to try again!
Pours pale yellow,flat head, lime scent, lime, lime, lime taste with a hint of lime!And the lime is actualy ruined by the thin beer it is in!
Did I mention the lime? Basicaly a ruined Bud Light!

CaptJackHarkness, Sep 25, 2011
2.25/5  rDev +4.2%

12 oz can poured into a glass mug – not dated

Bud Light Lime poured a clean, clear light pale yellow color producing a very small ‘spritzy’ white head that produced almost no lacing. The aroma is of lime flavoring and nothing much else. Is this beer? Where are the hops and malt?

Bud Light Lime tastes like water down lime soda. Mouth feel is light with a good amount of carbonation.

For those that don’t like beer and like the taste of liquid lime Bud Light Lime is for you…not the style for me.

bushbeer75, Sep 05, 2011
1.93/5  rDev -10.6%

appearance - about the same as bud. golden color. finely filtered. mediocre head.

smell - lime dominates with some corn husk. nothing substantial, get some off smells.

taste - lime, corn husk, off flavors are somewhat metallic and somewhat like piss (sorry had to say it)

mouthfeel - light, sure, but thats not necessarily impressive. very drinkable. watery. carbonation is decent, ill give it that.

claytong, Aug 23, 2011

Pours a clear light golden color with about 1/4" of head that quickly fades. Smells like artificial lime juice. Tastes like artificial lime flavoring and is a little salty; this is like crystal light beer. Mouthfeel is crisp and smooth.

This is a very drinkable beer. If you're looking for a cheap, quaffable poolside beer that's a little nontraditional, this is it.

tdm168, Aug 21, 2011
1.93/5  rDev -10.6%

Another offshoot of Bud Light. I guess you can pretty much compare this to Miller Chill. Along with the now defunct Tequiza, all these lime enhanced brews end up being pretty deficient in the beer flavor department and all share a similar faux-lime flavor that reminds me of Trix Cereal (yes, all 3 beers remind me of it).

This beer pours a light yellow color with a thin, 1 finger worth of foam that disappears quickly (in under 20 seconds). The bubbles rise quite quickly from bottom to top, reminding me of soda. The aroma smelled almost like regular Bud Light at first, with that husky, adjuncty aroma. The lime scents hit my smell receptors shortly afterwards. The mouthfeel was thin and heavily carbonated. As mentioned, this lacks in real beer flavor and heavily relies on the fake citrus-lime taste. Quite sweet tasting. Very little grain flavors noticeable and no hop presence whatsoever. The lime flavor continues on in the aftertaste, and after many moments the flavor reminds of what I think drinking lime-scented household cleaner would taste like. No alcoholic warmth in this beer.

I guess if I had to choose one or the other, I would pick this over Miller Chill. Its only saving grace is that it is a tiny bit more refreshing than its competitor.

Beastdog75, Aug 19, 2011
2.58/5  rDev +19.4%

11:46 am
On a Saturday
Denver, CO

Playing softball in the blazing hot sun on the first morning I forgot my water bottle. I reached into the cooler and saw...this one. After initially throwing up in my mouth, thirst (and to be honest, morbid curiosity), got the better of me. Cracking open the can, I took a big swallow, and...nothing. Tasted pretty much like regular Bud Light (nothingness, emptiness, etc.) with a hint of lime. Could have been worse, though I have no plans to pick up any more.

emmasdad, Aug 18, 2011
3.13/5  rDev +44.9%

Drank this one straight from the can on a nice hot summer day. Generally I'm not a fan of bud light but I think the subtle addition of lime is a nice addition. The lime is present in the smell and in the flavor and is not too overpowering. Everything else about this beer is average at best.

suspect, Aug 13, 2011
2.83/5  rDev +31%

Kind of an odd flavor. It looks and feels like any regular bud light. The taste is a bit weird though. It is almost like you just mixed a bud light with a margarita. I considered mixing it with a little regular bud light to offset some of the lime, which was a little strong. Regardless, it is refreshing, but on a hot summer day, a landshark might be a little more tasty.

BEERME528, Aug 11, 2011
1.78/5  rDev -17.6%

12 ounce bottle out of morbid curiosity

Pours a crystal clear dehydrated urine yellow with a thin white head. Dissolves into nothingness.

Plenty of lime juice, and not too much else. Pretty much smells like the lime you'd find yourself jamming into a Corona in a futile attempt to make it more drinkable.

Starts off with your typical corn adjunct notes, which is quickly smashed into oblivion by an avalanche of lime juice. Not really like an actual fruit, but more of an additive to the watery, near flavorless profile. Finishes a bit tangy with more, you guessed it, lime.

Thin body, high carbonation, watery and light on the tongue. Pretty much what the name implies, although it definitely doesn't help.

xnicknj, Aug 07, 2011
1.95/5  rDev -9.7%

Poured from a 12 ounce clear glass bottle into a chalice.

Appearance: Pours a clear pale straw yellow with a 1 finger foamy snow white head. Surprisingly decent lacing.

Smell: Lime juice. That's all you can smell. Reminds me of the aroma I would get when I used to squeeze a lime into a Corona. Not a good thing.

Taste: Lime juice dominates throughout. There are elements of cheap adjunct lager underneath, but the only thing I'm thinking is lime. I must say, it tastes a little better than what I remember Corona and lime tasting like. Yes, it's an improvement, but it's still not any good. On a positive note, the lime does taste natural and not artificial so I'll give them a few points for that.

Mouthfeel: Light-bodied with a high amount of prickly carbonation. Doesn't feel too watery for a light beer. Goes down smooth.

Drinkability: Decent drinkability. If you like lime, you should have no problem pounding several of these. I'm not a huge lime fan, but I could see myself drinking a few on a hot camping or beach trip.

Overall: For what it is, it's not bad. Unfortunately, what it is is a crappy adjunct light lager with lime juice added to mask the terrible flavor. I'm rating it as a Light Lager and as a Light Lager it falls way short. You don't really get any "beer" flavors as it's totally overpowered by lime juice. The lime juice tastes natural, but I'm not looking for my beer to taste like limes. I always say, if you need a lime to cover up the taste of your beer, you should be drinking a different beer. I would avoid this one.

adam42381, Aug 05, 2011
2.03/5  rDev -6%

Super pale yellow produces a fluffy snow white head that dissipates immediately. Smell is what I would call "Sprite/radler". By far the smell is the best thing about it. Rather fruity/ citrusy. Very soda poppy. Taste is basically a dry lime soda and/or Alka Seltzer with a slight beer finish and aftertaste. No cloying sweetness left over on the palate. Mouthfeel is super thin like a radler and refreshing/ bubbly. As easy as this should be to drink, something about it is vaguely nauseating. I can't imagine having more than one, although that is certainly not their intention. It tastes very artificial. Not at all like a beer with REAL lime in it.

jgurley, Aug 03, 2011

Poured from a bottle. Pours a clear color with a hint of yellow. Very thin white head, actually almost no head at all. Very strong smell of lime with a bit of wheat if you bury your nose inside the glass. No mouth taste really there just kind of feels like water. Tastes very strong of lime pretty much over powering the beer. Really no taste of beer until the after taste. Overall I think its a plan to cover up a shitty beer with the taste of lime. Not impressed.

zachary37, Aug 03, 2011
2.58/5  rDev +19.4%

From bottle no. 11167BK53. Sampled on August 2, 2011. Yellow pour a quick fizzy white head. Aromas of lime edging out the thin hoppiness. Light body. Loads of lime in the flavor with a toned down grain and a whisp of hops.This epitomizes the kind of thing you might like to have on a hot day if you don't want the flavor of beer.

puboflyons, Aug 02, 2011
3.2/5  rDev +48.1%

Bud Light Lime is like many of the other light beers that have a hint of fruit added to attract the female populous. Bud Light Lime is not bad....certainly drinkable on a hot day. The color is yellow with good carbonation that translates to a white head that dissapates quickly. This beer have good lime aroma. The taste is Bud Light with lime. or Grain and lime if you prefer. The mouthfeel is very light and easy drinking.

WoodBrew, Aug 02, 2011
2.17/5  rDev +0.5%

A: Very, very pale yellow inside of its clear bottle. Almost like very watered down lemonade.

S: Lime. Not just a hint of lime; there is no actual beer smell to be found.

T: Lime. As with the nose, beer is not the primary characteristic here. No real malt characteristics. No hops. Just overwhelmingly lime.

M: Light & fizzy.

O: I'd rather have a Mike's Hard Lemonade simply because that isn't trying to masquerade as a beer. There's just nothing beer-like about Bud Lime. Even Thomas Hooker's Watermelon Ale had some actual taste to it besides fruit. And I love Sam Adams Cherry Wheat because it, y'know, tastes like wheat, despite the prominent cherry presence.

If you're looking for a beer, go elsewhere. If you want a seriously lime-flavored drink, limes are like 4/$1 and limeade is easy to make.

DirtyPenny, Aug 01, 2011

Served in a pub glass from a bottle.

Very pale straw yellow color, very clear filtered look

no aroma noted

water like very light bodied

taste and looks like water.... no aroma... no head... i hear its very hard to make though and they get it the same every time... i guess that is one positive... oh and they do have good commercials!!!

DUBinMIA, Aug 01, 2011
2.45/5  rDev +13.4%

Late one night my buddy gave me the choice of some straggler Bud Light Lime bottles, or no beer at all. Suddenly Bud Light Lime doesn't sound so bad.

The dull golden body has a huge crown of dirty white foam on it, but the head disappears quickly and doesn't leave anything behind.

Smells like lime juice. That's not so bad.

It mostly tastes like lime juice. Underneath the lime juice a little bit of plastic-tasting bud light rears its ugly head, but it isn't too powerful. Thank god this tastes like lime juice instead of what the people at AB call “Light Beer.”

Light, fizzy, blah.

It gets a little bit sweet after a while, and although I never see myself trying this again, I didn't hate it. For the price, however, you could get a case of beer that is actually good, so this is a failure.

Hojaminbag, Jul 30, 2011
1.85/5  rDev -14.4%

A - Straw colored with a quickly thinning bright white head and lots of bubbles.

S - Lots of lime, grass, can't smell any malt through the lime.

T - A lot of lime hits you and then you get a bit of wet grass and a little bit of malt. Too much lime for me.

M - Lots of nice bubbles and light body, very drinkable on a hot day.

O - It's not horrendous but I would rather but a real lime in my own bud. They put too much lime in it so you can barely taste any other flavors.

Jerone, Jul 24, 2011
1.68/5  rDev -22.2%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Reviewed from notes.

Clear light yellow with a small white fizzy head with poor retention and no lacing. The aroma has artificial lime flavoring, not much else.

The taste also has artificial limes. Light bodied, over carbonated, and pretty bad. Avoid. Thankfully I got this as a freebie at a get together. I would have hated to pay for this.

hardy008, Jul 23, 2011
1.85/5  rDev -14.4%

This product is awesome! I build tables for a living and this device always keeps my tables level. Just pour out the first couple ounces and sit it on a table to find out. The clear yellow/orange liquid is highly visible in low light so you'll always know how uneven your table is. I tried drinking it once but all the bubbles reminded me of the time I was force fed pee-soap.

As a beverage, this product falls somewhere in-between Natural light and Corona. It's hard to describe the distinct lack of flavor masked by a hint of artificial lime/dead beaver, but--oh wait, I just did.

Overall, this is just another gimmick beer. Support micro-brews or better brews by the bigger companies.

NightProwler86, Jul 23, 2011
1.78/5  rDev -17.6%

Imported from ratebeer.com - JUL 10, 2008

Looks a very pale, watery golden color, smells very strongly of lime. Tastes almost like a soda... very little beer flavor detected. The lime is definitely the dominant flavor up front, finishes with a wheat/cereal flavor. Interesting... definitely better than bud light because the skunk flavor is masked with the lime, but I can hardly call this a beer. I suppose it has it’s purpose poolside or at a BBQ, but I would prefer something else otherwise.

kflorence, Jul 22, 2011