Bud Light Lime - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Lime Alström Bros
womencantsail

2.83/5  rDev +31%

Thanks for sharing this fine, fine beer, Bobby.

A: The beer pours a very clear golden yellow color with a thin layer of white head.

S: Smells like lime Jello. There's a bit of a sourness to it which at least gives the illusion of real lime. Seems like even a little touch of salt to it. The base Bud Light is pretty much hidden here.

T: Not really any Bud Light flavor left either. It also tastes pretty much like lime Jello. It's got a bit of sugar to it and a subtle tartness, maybe some lime zest.

M: The body is light with a moderate carbonation to it.

D: Surprisingly, this was not completely horrendous. I don't know if I'd want to drink a full glass of this, but it's not as bad as some might lead you to believe.

02-13-2011 22:41:17 | More by womencantsail
NODAK

Tennessee

2.17/5  rDev +0.5%

Aroma here is like taking a Bud Light and throwing in some somewhat tart lime. I'd actually say it's better than regular Bud Light but I suppose that doesn't say much.

The taste?? Well, not a lot. Like your standard Bud Light, but with a plastic-y, somewhat offputting lime taste to it. I know the label says that the lime is natural, and I believe that, but it isn't really what I'd like it to be. It just tastes manufactured. A little bit of grain on the aftertaste. No real hops to speak of.

Taste-wise, not sure that I'd take this even over Bud Light. I'm not a huge fan of the lime flavor here.

01-23-2011 01:28:36 | More by NODAK
etn3000

1.75/5  rDev -19%

I had this at my friend's wedding because there wasn't anything else to drink. Let's start off with this. I HATE any and all off the big 3's beers. After saying that, there are a couple of good things I have to say about this beer. It was refreshing. After a night of dancing this beer really hit the spot. The lime flavor was good. It really took away from the piss water taste of the Bud Light. So, would I drink this again? Probably not. Would I recommend this to anyone? No. But it is slightly better then Bud Light (which I consider to be one of the worst beers on the face of the earth).

01-19-2011 16:23:57 | More by etn3000
drabmuh

Maryland

1.83/5  rDev -15.3%

Bad beer Thursdays 2011, week 2. Bud Light Lime, or as the label puts it BL lime (lime is in a much more festive font). Poured into a Bitburger glass, I'm sorry Bitburger. Beer is yellow and clear with a lot of carbonation, a big head the disappears as quickly as it formed, leaving a monolayer of white bubbles and no lacing.

Aroma is like a corona you've squeezed a lime into, it smells like college, but I grew up in AZ, where corona was cheaper than water. It is sweeter than Corona, it almost smells like that Radler I had the other day, the beer mixed with lemon soda.

Beer is really thin and too sweet for what it is, it has a terrible aftertaste too, kind of like lime flavored soap. I'm totally not into this. This is FAR WORSE than Bud Light IMO. At least I could finish bud light.

01-14-2011 01:43:57 | More by drabmuh
Transatlantic

Tennessee

2.1/5  rDev -2.8%

Poured into a pilsner glass

A - Pours a crystal clear light light yellow color with a very slight green tint to it. Head came out fluffy, dissipating slowly without any existence of any lacing. Bubbles float up to the top in scarce amounts.

S - Corn, rice, wet hay. A warm skunky body odor type sour smell.

T - While holding my nose, I first pick up the taste of what seems to be artificial sweetener followed by artificial lime. Honestly, i'm not getting much more than that. There is a very layed out taste. It starts off sweet and ends sour. Nothing to talk about! I'd say it's a disappointment, but I was expecting this much.

M - Surprisingly, it falls as a light bodied beer and not a "water beer". There's a bit more body to this than the basic Bud Light...but that's not saying a lot

D - If you can hold your nose while drinking this. You'll have no problem downing one on a hot summer day after working yourself to sweat. After quenching your thirst, this beer is useless.

01-12-2011 23:45:39 | More by Transatlantic
alleykatking

Indiana

1.38/5  rDev -36.1%

Poured from 12oz bottle.

A- Pours a golden yellow color. One finger white head shows light retention. Web style lacing on the sides of the glass as I drink this down.

S- This is pretty basic with lime overtones covering a light musty cereal grain undertone. No real alcohol presence in the nose.

T- Lime and more lime everywhere. Hints of cereal grain toward the middle but this is overtaken by...you guessed it lime. Light alcohol in the background toward the end.

M- Light mouthfeel. Carbonation is good for the style but overly done for me. Limes left on the palate and long into the aftertaste with a sweetness of sugary alcohol. Light drying on the palate from the alcohol. Flavors were unbalanced as lime was mostly what you could taste. No off-flavors were detected.

D- This is a one and done beer. I don't know what made me want to try this but I did. I regret it but hey there is not much I can do about it now. Lime with spashes of tonic water would have the same effect if you want to try this one out!

01-10-2011 17:59:17 | More by alleykatking
BARFLYB

12oz bottle ouuta the bottle, im going in.

A- Stillwater yellow stillness with nothing but a faint small ring around the glass. Some swirls bring some weak bubbles that DIE!!! No lace.

S- Bud light with lime...

T- Bud Light with lime...

M- A incredibly weak body that is thin and expertly carbonated. Hate it or not The big boys quality control remains unmatched in the beer buisness, besides RR.

D- I drank it, but only because I am in mourning.

How dare A-B for taking away my American right to put a lime in my mexican style beer, what's the fun in drinking this stuff.. I need to put that lime in myself, I don't trust anybody to do it like I do it, cause i put them limes to good use. I really know how to get the most out of that small wedge. And how dare A-B to take away market share from one of most popular products out of mexico. I mean come on, their ganga sucks, what else do they have.. Somethings gotta give...

01-10-2011 03:06:00 | More by BARFLYB
dfclav

2.85/5  rDev +31.9%

Another beer I am reviewing to get it out of the fridge.

Pint glass....

A - looks like a watered down lager. Decent fizzy head that faded to nothing and left nothing desirable, though.

S - wheat, artificial lime, soap.

T - tastes like a very watered down lager with lime the lime isn't a horrible off-putting lime flavor and I can see how it can be drank in large quantities, but I wouldn't subject myself to it.

M - thin and watery, but it's a light beer. Not too good on the carbonation though.

D - I really don't think this is a horrible beer with a Mexican or spicy dish. It has ok drinkability but it's not something I would tell anyone to go out and buy. This will eventually leave my fridge, especially if I am eating spicy, or I have company over and save the crafts for myself.

01-09-2011 09:31:52 | More by dfclav
dangerpint

1.08/5  rDev -50%

The Smell or the taste can't decide which one is more offensive.I no way to describe this beer except offensive adjuct filled Skunky beer meets artificial lime,my god,just its like an accident on my palate!!! and no i dont think that real lime could save this beer anyway !!!. undrinkable at best. Clear glass, Yikes!!!! how come beers that come in clear glass almost always get some type of lime? do they really think that will improve it? No lime, will not improve a poorly made adjuct filled beer thats been sitting in clear glass. and no, the canned version did not taste any better when poured in a pint glass. Sorry buds this one is better left alone. lifes short do your self a favour and drink somthing better.

01-04-2011 07:33:56 | More by dangerpint
JayS2629

Alabama

2.45/5  rDev +13.4%

A- Clear, pale golden yellow with thin white bubbly head that fades fast. Fizzy, and watery with little lace.

S- Lime, and hints of corn and grain

T- Like 7-up with hints of grain. Bitter, citrus tones with a sweet corn based bottom end.

M- Fizzy, effervescent. Refreshing, watery, and overcarbonated.

D- For a hot day, not bad, but might as well drink a watered down 7-up. Not well balanced, artificial tasting, and its only saving grace is its refreshing quality.

01-02-2011 02:34:36 | More by JayS2629
newcastleme

2.8/5  rDev +29.6%

this is not a good beer. This beer is made to be drunk in large quantities. It might be good for chicks or beer bong. I wouldn't be caught dead with this beer again at a party. Also, I wouldn't be too open to pair this with any types of food except wings.

01-01-2011 01:26:33 | More by newcastleme
larrytm56

Iowa

1.25/5  rDev -42.1%

This is another beer to mow and play golf with. I usually have this in cans when i do have it. Putting the lime in saves a step, but does not improve the taste. It smells and tastes awfull. There is nothing more good to say about it. I would not drink it again.

12-25-2010 10:30:58 | More by larrytm56
SteveoNY

3.03/5  rDev +40.3%

Presentation: deuce deuce clear bottle. BL embossed on upper 3rd. nice clear labeling, no freshness date, but 9 digit code date reversed in black on back label.

Appearance: crystal clear golden color, with bright white bubbly head and wattery lacing.

Smell: fruity citrus limes

Taste: crisp dry bitterness with a lime finish

Mouthfeel: champange like bubbly, not smooth

Notes: good bitch beer @ 4.2% priced more than BL regular.

12-13-2010 03:25:49 | More by SteveoNY
mothman

United Kingdom (Wales)

2.08/5  rDev -3.7%

Poured into pint glass.

Pours 1/2 finger of fizzy white head that fades down fast. Color is a clear golden yellow. Active carbonation in the glass.

Aroma: Lime soda aroma. It really doesn't smell like beer. Maybe some grains. Really not a lot here.

Taste: It pretty much tastes like lime. There just isn't a lot here. I really don't know what else to put here. Lime with a side of lime.

Mouthfeel: Crisp and surprisingly refreshing. Light bodied medium to high amount of carbonation. Ends with more lime.

Overall, this beer is pretty straightforward. Doesn't really tastes too much like beer. Drinkable if this is your thing, but not for me.

12-11-2010 21:43:28 | More by mothman
Mora2000

2.9/5  rDev +34.3%

The beer pours exactly like regular Bud Light, with a very clear yellow body and a white head. The aroma is very heavy on the lime with a little bit of grain mixed in. The flavor is a mix of lime, along with a lot of sweetness from the malt and grain. Thin body and medium carbonation. Not near as bad as I expected.

12-11-2010 07:40:20 | More by Mora2000
woodychandler

2.1/5  rDev -2.8%

When I am presented with a crystal-clear bottle, I cringe. This must have been pasteurized past the point of (no deposit) no return. R.I.P., beer inside.

I got an initial finger of foamy, bone-white head with low retention off of the pour. Nose smelled like an artificial lime, like something in a dessert or a cocktail. Color was a light lemon-yellow with NE-plus quality clarity. Mouthfeel was thin-to-medium with a faint effervescence on the tongue along with a mild lime citrusiness. Finish was pretty boring, even for the style. Bland, slightly citrusy, but overall pedestrian.

12-11-2010 03:21:53 | More by woodychandler
OregonPaul

Oregon

3.85/5  rDev +78.2%

Please lets all remember to review a beer with its style in mind. I hate buds and most all other junk even remotely close. I'm embarresed to even carry any Anheuser-Busch product in my fridge. HOWEVER when rolling out of a tent on a warm saturday morning at a weekend festival, this beer can not be beat. I've turned soooo many beer drinkers onto this. Do you really want to start your day off with a fat tire? Instead of hydrating yourself with water... reach for the BL lime. In a junk cooler filled with 30 BLL's and 30 regular Buds you run out of the BBL's way before the buds. Almost a 5.0 morning drinkability. Almost.

12-02-2010 05:54:31 | More by OregonPaul
marty21

Manitoba (Canada)

2.1/5  rDev -2.8%

A: Pours a pale yellow with a white soapy head.

S: A very light and sweet lime scent.

T: I get a mixture of water and lime. No malt or hops present.

M: A light bodied beer with very fizzy carbonation.

D: As much as I don't consider this really beer I could still have a few if it was a hot summer day and I wanted something cold and refreshing. That being said there are a lot better attempts at lime beers out there. For example Moosehead Light Lime actually has a more beer taste to it with just hints of lime.

12-01-2010 18:31:25 | More by marty21
JLeege

1.53/5  rDev -29.2%

A Thanksgiving leftover, thank you to whoever left this TICK behind.
Poured into a snifter- I like to keep it classy!
Also, what is 100% natural lime flavor? Lime juice is natural, lime flavor??? lets see...

Appearance- Pours clear with a hint of flesh tone coloring. I wish my urine was this clear! Small fizzy head, dont blink, you might miss it.

Smell- Smells like a combination of artificial sweetner, 7 up, and grains (not of paradise). Along with these great aromas, there are hints of water!

Taste- Sweet imitation lime juice. Followed by the OG bud light. The finish is sugar, like eating granuals of sugar.

Mouthfeel- Thin, like Ally McBeal thin. High carbonation, about three ounces in and you can't stop burping.

Overall- WTF is this? Miller Chill literally blows this out of the water! Yes, this is a serious review, this is a seriously terrible "beer". I will be honest, I don't mind Bud Light, but this is hellacious!

My first "F" rating.

11-26-2010 07:15:44 | More by JLeege
beertunes

Washington

1.38/5  rDev -36.1%

Tried as part of losing a bet. Clear bottle poured into straight pint glass. The beer was a clean, clear, urine-yellow with a tall, white, fluffy, head that had surprisingly good retention and no lacing.

The aroma was bland, benign and unremarkable. I didn't pick up any lime in the scent. There was just a trace of lime on the tongue, but I actually got more lime taste a few minutes later when I burped.

The beer basically had no body whatsoever. In one aspect drinkability was good because the beer went very easy, but the lack of flavor and body means this virtually an undrinkable brew. Try only if you lose a bet as well.

11-23-2010 03:15:54 | More by beertunes
mattgreger

3.28/5  rDev +51.9%

The pour on this beer isn't anything extraordinary. It poured the AB typical yellow/golden color. With not much of a head or any lacing.

The aroma on this one is pretty weak too. It does have a small hint of a malt and some lime flavor, but nothing tht just hits the nose.

The taste on this brew is pretty good. Its very refreshing light lager AB. It very simply put is bud light with a touch of lime. The flavor has a small touch of a malt profile, and some nice lime flavor.

The mouthful isn't anything spectacular, but its decently refreshing. The carbonation pushes the lime flavors forward to give it a nice crisp refreshing flavor.

The drinkablity on this brew is decent. I consider myself a person who trys and enjoys beers from all sides of the spectrum. While this isn't one of the normal craft beers I seek, this brew is a great brew for a hot summer night, that you can session super easy.

11-21-2010 05:01:30 | More by mattgreger
Radome

2.13/5  rDev -1.4%

Served from can into a snifter.

A - Light straw color, no green that I can see. Beer is very clear and has large bubbles rising through it. The head is white and about 1/8" thick and solid.

S - I don't smell anything from a normal beer profile. No malt, no hops, no yeast, no alcohol. It smells like lemon-lime soda with a strong chemical or metal note.

T - Initially very little taste at all, then the lime or citrus flavor arrives, but again it has an artificial or chemical edge. There is a bit of malt flavor, almost imperceptible, right at the end of the swallow.

M - The body is very light and is lightened even more by high carbonation. There is some acid bite from the citric flavors and the CO2.

D - This is drinkable like a lime wine cooler and I can see what the appeal would be on a hot day, but I wouldn't call it beer.

11-14-2010 04:33:27 | More by Radome
Brent

Kentucky

I keep this stocked in the bar fridge as it always seems popular with non-beer geek visitors. I have no problem with lime and beer -I've enjoyed many the Corona and lime at the beach, where availability and refreshment trump quality for the moment. But, this is no beer-and-lime, this is a concoction mimicking, rather poorly, that combination. Aroma was a chemical lemon-lime, like Sprite. Flavor had very little beer attributes - just an artificial lime flavor with some malt in there, somewhere. Much more like a flavored malt beverage than beer. Not bad, just not beer.

11-12-2010 14:46:59 | More by Brent
scott451

Ontario (Canada)

2.63/5  rDev +21.8%

Poured from a clear bottle (bah!) into a pint glass. One finger bubbly head immediately diminished to nothing. Vigorous carbonation. No lacing.

Medicinal lime smell. Not unpleasant, just not beer like at all. A hint of malt far off in the distance? Strong limeade taste. Again not unpleasant, just not much of any beer qualities.

Ligt, refreshing. The mouthfeel is the most "beery" quality od this drink. Not much of a beer, but beats the pants of any of the "cooler" style of drinks.

11-07-2010 02:55:14 | More by scott451
roddwolff

Mexico

2.88/5  rDev +33.3%

Light beer with lime in a huge can. Poured in a Bayern-Pilsener glass. Looks like piss, no foam, no lacing, golden color. Smell: Didn't know if it was beer or sprite, few scents of lime and fructose. Taste: the same, but with much lime. Mouthfeel: Off-thirsty, something crunchy at the finish, no body and little carbonation. Drinkability: Very good the lime taste, better than lemon, but sometimes cloying. Very good for a light beer.

10-30-2010 16:02:41 | More by roddwolff