Bud Light Lime - Anheuser-Busch

poor

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008)
View: Beers (78) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Lime Alström Bros
rhinos00

Colorado

1.75/5  rDev -19.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a pint glass after a long day of horseback riding.

A- Pours a faded, golden yellow. Thin, wispy white head that dissipates almost instantaneously. Very clear.

S- Smell of artificial lime juice dominated the nose on this one. Not very appealing. It's sort of like when I was a kid and was all excited to try this green piece of candy because I thought it would be green apple or melon, but instead it turned out to be the generic green flavor that we all loathe. Not very enticing.

T- Much like the aroma, but even worse when it warmed up. From the get go the synthetic lime juice overwhelmed the palate. Getting a little bit of grainy, corn bits but this falls to the wayside. Completely one dimensional. As noted before, when this beer warms up it becomes a complete mess because of the lime flavor.

M- Thin, watered down and way too carbonated. The worst part was that the lime left a residual artificial sourness on the palate.

D- Let's face it, when this one is ice cold and you have been riding on a long day, it's pretty easy to put one back. On the other hand, even before it warms up, the ridiculous lime flavor almost becomes to much to tolerate.

Overall, if I had to have a macro on a hot summer day, this would not be it. The only way this beer is tolerable is if it's ice cold and you have half a bottle. While the lime juice wasn't intolerable off the bat, it builds as you drink it and that synthetic flavor just becomes too much.

08-06-2009 14:36:56 | More by rhinos00
BDTyre

British Columbia (Canada)

2.5/5  rDev +15.2%

This would make a great pop or shandy, because that's exactly what it comes across as.

Overly-carbonated, overly sweetened syrupy lime flavour.

Great as a lawn-mower beer or with BBQ on a hot day, but it comes off as an alco-pop. Not nearly as good as other lime beers I've tried.

08-03-2009 02:51:07 | More by BDTyre
MrMcGibblets

1.58/5  rDev -27.2%

looks the part of your typical american light lager. smells and tastes the same (which is to say, not much) but with an artificial lime thing dominating. a bit sweeter than regular BL to balance the artificial tartness i suppose. taste gets old real quick, but i guess i'd drink this over a regular BL, as there is some kind of actual flavor in here, fake or not.

08-01-2009 19:34:20 | More by MrMcGibblets
Platinum88

3.18/5  rDev +46.5%

I'd like to begin by stating that I didn't mean to give this beer such a high rating... I was torn because it does taste good, but it doesn't taste bad. If I were reviewing a beverage this beer would've scored much better, but if I was reviewing a beer this beer would've scored worse. I tried to rate it somewhere in the middle between beer and beverage, as that's where I see it place in the scheme of life.

Anyway...

Serving type: Bottle poured into Budweiser signature glass.

A: Light, very light straw color with extremely mild carbonation. I poured rather aggressively since I new the head wasn't going to be very extravagant anyway. When poured aggressively I was "Rewarded" with a 1 finger head that lasted about as long as it took me to make my way to the computer to write this review. Lacing... *Chuckles* There is no lacing with this beer. Literally, no lacing at all.... As far as carbonation... I get a very few tiny bubbles of carbonation, but nothing to get panties all in a bunch over.

S: Overwhelming lime. I understand it's kind of a chick "Beer", but it would be nice if they added some beer to their lime. The sweetness of the lime kinda cancels out the bitterness of whatever beer is in there, leaving a neutral scent that is very weak, even for the style.

T: This is where I'm torn. It tastes good for a beverage, but not for a beer. If I wanted to sit down with a beer I would not be satisfied in the least. If I just wanted something to drink on a hot summer day this would hit the spot. Overwhelming lime flavor that lacks any hint of malty, hoppy flavor. Sweet as all Hell, with not a single bitter note in the entire glass. Again, good in a drink, bad in a beer.

M: EXTREMELY LIGHT... I just took a mouthful from my glass to get an idea of what to write and nothing came to mind. Another mouthful revealed a sweet sensation with a watered down consistency. I would mention texture if there was one. Smooth though, this "brew" certainly goes easy on the palate.

D: Finally, a category this "beer" finally dominates. I'm pretty sure if you took all the labels off this beer and gave it to a 7 year old they would think it was "Non-fizzy lime soda". It's possible to put away so many of these it's almost wrong. If you want to get intoxicated off "beer" this is the eutopia of "beer".

I guess I rated this beer a little to good, but in terms of taste it really wasn't bad. It's just the fact that it doesn't resemble beer that makes most "Beer Advocates" afraid to touch it. If you're at a BBQ and want a refreshing drink sift through that community cooler and reach for one of these. If you're in the mood for a manly man's beer, look look somewhere else.

08-01-2009 06:58:58 | More by Platinum88
EsoxLucius

Saskatchewan (Canada)

had this at a friends 27th b-day... i traded a McNally's Ale for one... i regret it now.

A: just like Bud Light, overly fizzy, thin head, pale yellow.

S: not like beer at all, overly limey... just... bad, but not quite awful as i was able to put it to my mouth.

T: lime, like the smell, it doesn't taste like beer at all, lime mixed with corny grains, it was lackluster... worse than regular bud-light, which i much loath.

M: like bud light, like water.

D: it was hot that day so it went down alright, definately not going to purchase it.

this is a bar-yahoo beer for young gents thinking that they're drinking real beer... i, along with most of my mates have not been impressed by this brew.

sad to say, it's horrid compared to bud/coor's light and i've never purchased those beer...

08-01-2009 04:37:31 | More by EsoxLucius
william5586

1.73/5  rDev -20.3%

One of a few random leftovers in the fridge after I had some people over.

A- Crystal clear light yellow with a finger of very fizzy white head. Good amount of lace. Looked ok.

S- It didn't really have a beer like smell at all. It reminded me of concentrated lime juice that comes in the little green lime flavored plastic bottle for cooking. I guess if you really like lime you would like the smell. It just didn't do it for me though.

T- Tons of lime juice in the taste and aftertaste. It just felt like a very watery light beer with lime juice added in. The aftertaste reminded me of bad tequila.

M- Light, thin, watery, and lots of carbonation.

D- I could not drink this. The bad aftertaste ruined any drinkability that it had for me.

07-31-2009 23:52:23 | More by william5586
allergictomacros

Ontario (Canada)

2.05/5  rDev -5.5%

A - Clear straw. Quickly dropping white head.

S - Smells like Sprite.

T - Tastes like sprite as well, but not as sweet. (fairly sweet for a beer though...)

M - Watery with a sharp carbonation.

D - Underwhelming is an understatement. I was expecting a little bit more beeriness, but there just isn't any here.

07-31-2009 13:45:28 | More by allergictomacros
mrmanning

Ontario (Canada)

1.08/5  rDev -50.2%

Bottle from the LCBO- A pale yellow pour, with a fizzy and short lived white fizz. Nose is lime-aid like, a bit floral, pale malts. Just really limey. Tastes stale, of cardboard, corn, some sweet artificial lime, with a strange acrid bitterness left in the mouth. Has a lingering taste of artificial lime and straw. Not good at all.

07-29-2009 16:28:59 | More by mrmanning
basi76

1.15/5  rDev -47%

Pours light yellow color, thin bodied, low alcohol volume, 0 foam head, the sinthetical lime juice that has in it makes it taste like the aftertaste of vomit, this is, by far, the worst beer i have ever tried, but we were out of options, it was a hot day, there was no choice. I will never ask the dude that brought them again to bring beer to any of my friend reunions.

07-28-2009 19:06:02 | More by basi76
jgasparine

Maryland

1.4/5  rDev -35.5%

Normally I would evaluate a beer by commenting on the appearance, smell, taste, mouthfeel and drinkability. In this case, however, the beer in question does not deserve that much of my time.

The experience of drinking this beer (I only lasted for three sips) is much like someone cutting open a lime, pissing in it, baking that piss lime in the sun for a day, and then squeezing out the juice into a bottle.

This is hands-down the worst beer I have had to date. Even if I were depressed and had nothing else to drink, I wouldn't drink this.

Keep away.

07-27-2009 21:02:40 | More by jgasparine
BierFan

2.68/5  rDev +23.5%

Poured from a 24 ounce can into a pint glass.

Appearance: Bright white head that leaves no lacing after it fades. Clear pale yellow body.

Smell: Artificial lime aroma. Very underwhelming.

Taste: Much like the smell. Artificial lime. More like a gross lime soda than a beer.

07-25-2009 04:19:39 | More by BierFan
kkmiller76

2.65/5  rDev +22.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

Well,

Not exactly in what we would call a beer category.

If it's a nice hot day; your having some friends over for a BBQ and you don't want quite a beer and you don't want quite a wine cooler/one of the thousands now of flavored malt liquors, this is for you. This "beer" is harmless; has a nice lime flavor and is kinda like a Corona with lime but you don't have to cut the limes up and then have fruit flies gather in your recycling bin after having the 24 empties of Corona with an old lime suctioned to the bottom pile up.

Not horrible; serviceable; but not really a beer that you can break down the complexities of;

07-22-2009 23:10:42 | More by kkmiller76
callmescraps

1.27/5  rDev -41.5%

House guest offered it up. It was almost too funny to not pour it into ye olde Duvel tulip and review.

Appearance - Very light pale golden color. A nice white head, but it disappeared almost immediately. That nucleation point is getting a nice workout since it's so pale and clear.

Smell - Sweet adjuncting corn. And, and, lime. Yes. Plenty of lime. It's actually sort of pleasant for a moment before you realize it's kind of gross.

Taste - Sweet lime. And then it goes horribly downhill. It is nice and lime sour, but then there is some horrible corn sweet nastiness that comes in. And yet there is this incredibly sour sweatsock thing that sits at the end. Gross.

Mouthfeel - Waterish.

Drinkability - Biggest disappointment. The weird funky sourness is killing me. I'll try to knock down the tallboy, but it's a struggle. I mean, it's macro water, it should at least be drinkable.

Wow. I actually LOVE macro garbage with frozen limeade. Gimme a Bud Light and some of that frozen concentrate and I will have a great summer afternoon. But this beer somehow completely fucked up that formula. It's like they can't even make shitty beer right. I'm randomly disappointed by this one.

07-22-2009 06:50:44 | More by callmescraps
blaje

Quebec (Canada)

1.05/5  rDev -51.6%

Shame on me!
I never thought I'd write a review for this kind of... product !
I sworn that I'll reserve me critics on BA to the good craft brews,no major, but once tasted, this one couldn't go silent. It is such a bad product.

Poured about 1/3 of the bottle in a tulip glass. This BL lime look like diluted major beer. Nose is chemical. Mouthfeel is fizzy, totally artificial. I wonder why they pretend it is a natural flavour...

AVOID this product (notice that I don't even call this a beer!). AVOID.

07-21-2009 02:10:45 | More by blaje
wordemupg

Alberta (Canada)

1.25/5  rDev -42.4%

this is not cool man, in fact this "beer" pissed me off, my sink finally got half a beer. what can i say carbonated lime cordial,smells like lime and nothing else,hard to tell this was a beer . what a waste of water and effort, and import prices you got to be kidding, not cool man!!!!

had a second one on vacation opened and passed too me by an old friend who loved it dearly. same as my first rating above. not very good in my books, but my buddy knows a good beer when he tastes one, so im surprised cause he would have fought defending this ones honor. i just dont get it i guess

07-17-2009 01:38:02 | More by wordemupg
randawakes

Alaska

2.08/5  rDev -4.1%

The only thing I love about this beer = those commercials.

Pours very light, too yellowy like a unhydrated humans...

I really wish they didn't pump this one out onto the market as it tastes like a replication of tequiza, only with more lime.

Its strong fizzy carbonation is not complemented with a good taste of any sort, only corn and seed.

This beer is sweet, not something I enjoy in the drinkability factor. This beer should be drank slowly and one will do. It tastes like a mixture of tequiza, bud light, and extra sweetened lime.

07-14-2009 06:18:20 | More by randawakes
DwnTwnBwn

1.05/5  rDev -51.6%

What the hell is this? I came home and there was a 6-er in the fridge. The Girlfriend saw at the store and thought it would be like corona with a lime in it.

It was a Clear golden color, and fizzy. So for novelty sake i thought I would take a sip. Mistake.

The lime was some artificial chemical that burned my tongue. The smell lingered like puke in the nose.
I had to use mouthwash to remove this vile concoction from my palette.

Beware!

07-06-2009 21:44:43 | More by DwnTwnBwn
Phyl21ca

Quebec (Canada)

2.3/5  rDev +6%

Bottle: Poured a clear bright golden color lager with a fizzy head. Taste of lime is not overly dominant or too fake to be gross. Not as bad as I had expected just closer to lemonade then actual beer. Somewhat reminiscent of Twist Shandy that used to be brewed by Labatt.

07-06-2009 01:48:25 | More by Phyl21ca
Fnord

Appearance - Very fizzy, very pale, yellow with a rapidly vanishing head.

Smell - Just like a limeade.

Taste - At least the name's descriptive. It tastes just like Bud light with a lime squeezed into it. It's not at all balanced.

Mouthfeel - Light and highly carbonated.

Drinkability - This stuff would be pretty drinkable if it tasted an good.

Notes - It's an obvious attempt to horn in on the Corona market. Hard to say which one's worse.

07-05-2009 23:57:50 | More by Fnord
kevzik

This beer is terrible. If you're going to buy Bud, put your money towards American ale. Please.

Lime is about 6.99 six pack. American is about 6.99 a six pack. Think about it.

The only reason why I know about this beer is because of my early, unexperienced drinking days. Even then I hated it. here I am a year later letting out my anger.

07-05-2009 07:15:53 | More by kevzik
elricorico

Alberta (Canada)

2.1/5  rDev -3.2%

Pale yellow body. A hard pour developed a thick white head, but that lasted for less than a minute. Only a thin cap remains.

Smells like green Lifesaver candies, or kinda like 7up. I can find no evidence of beer in the aroma.

Tastes like 7up, with a very slight grassy hop finish. As far as pop goes, I don't drink much cola, but I don't mind 7up, however this isn't a flavour profile I look for in a beer.

Mouthfeel is a pretty much cola like. Carbonation is a little softer than cola.

It is beer for people who don't like beer. Thanks Mark for saving me the temptation of paying to try this.

07-04-2009 03:54:13 | More by elricorico
UncleJimbo

3.28/5  rDev +51.2%

Poured from a 16 oz aluminum "bottle".

Pours a clear, not-so-fizzy yellow, with bubbly white foam that dissipates fairly quickly leaving no head. The smell is a strong lime zest aroma from the outset, with some lime and lemon aromas and a bit of malt aroma beneath. The taste is dominated by lime with some lemon and a hint of sugar. The citrus flavors fade toward the finish to reveal a bit of malt beneath, but the lime lingers after. The mouthfeel is dry and citric, with light body and modest carbonation feel. This is a refreshing beverage, like a lemonade, but the beer qualities are overwhelmed by the lime.

07-03-2009 20:44:38 | More by UncleJimbo
toastage

Nova Scotia (Canada)

3.55/5  rDev +63.6%

I was at a pub in Halifax when the waitress asked me if I'd like to try a "Bud Light Lime". I said "Not really", but she persisted so I gave it a shot.

This beer was a pleasant surprise. My fellow craft beer drinkers will certainly agree that this particular pint does not rank highly in most of the usual categories, but here is the bottom line: It is highly drinkable, pleasantly carbonated, not cloyingly sweet, and very refreshing.

I don't know if it's beer....but I like it!

06-30-2009 22:38:18 | More by toastage
hdofu

Maryland

2.17/5  rDev 0%

Not as bad as I expected, granted my expectations were low. Taste was a bit of lime and very little malt with almost nothing else going on. The smell was like alkaseltser heartburn lemon lime flavor. It wasn't an offensive taste though giving it enough drink ability to drink a few of.

06-30-2009 01:26:46 | More by hdofu
cmiller1l66

3.55/5  rDev +63.6%

This beer is 100% for the summertime, it cools me down and goes down smooth. Perfect for floating down the river with my freinds. Its mouthfeel is less than exciting but its very drinkable and does the job its supposed to do, refresh and releave you from the heat of the beach.

06-27-2009 18:25:53 | More by cmiller1l66