Bud Light Lime - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Lime Alström Bros
2.9/5  rDev +34.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Bud Light Lime isn't anything that is too special. It is simply a very light beer with a strong lime flavor. It's not a terrible beer, it just isn't special. Bud Light Lime is very easy to drink and is something a little different. You would probably be better of just drinking a Mexican beer with a lime in it (Corona, Modelo, ect.).

1.95/5  rDev -9.7%

12oz bottle poured into a tumbler.

Pours a very clear yellow with no head at all. Nose is like lots of lime extract, pretty unappealing.

Taste is like corona with a lime in it. But a lot of lime.

This might be good with mexican food, but it's really not good at all.

2.33/5  rDev +7.9%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 3.5

this one, im not so sure about this one. id rather have this than a bud light. the lime taste is just so artificial. but, its drinkable. when it comes to breaking down appearance, smell, blah, blah,.. just not gonna waste my time with it. its a bud light with artificial lime taste.

2.48/5  rDev +14.8%

A: Pours a pale yellow - typical macro beer color. Poured with less than a finger of head that quickly dissipated to almost nothing.

S: Lots of lime and macro malt. That's about it. Smells like a bad margarita.

T: Malts, biscuits, and corn mixed with a large dose of lime. Maybe just a hint of hops in the finish. It's really not that bad, but there is no balance to the flavor. Just an explosion of lime in the midst of macro lager.

M: Light feel with lots of carbonation. A little watery.

D: Despite what lots of fellow BAs say, I don't mind this brew. It's great on a hot summer day. It's by no means a finely crafted brew, but it can be very refreshing. The way I see it, this is a girly drink that men can get away with drinking without getting jeers from our buddies.

1.89/5  rDev -12.5%

Bottle pours pale yellow, with some detergent white head, soon dissapearing. Unpleasant cheesy beer aroma, with some lime. Taste is on lighter side, astringent taste, with some lime. Could not get down more than a couple of sips. Nasty, but was expecting even worse.

2.57/5  rDev +19%

$8.88 for a cold sixer at my local gas station. What is that saying on the back of one of my tee shirts? something about "Fizy yellow beer is for wussies" Well this 12 ounce bottle pours and the first thing that comes to mind is Fizzy yellow beer! Light yellow, clear, near white heat that quickly departs, no lace, no film, no nada of interest...artificial lime smell, thin taste of lightest of malts, faint hop dryness in the finish. Goes down easy, moderate citrus note...would work as a quaffer on a hot day...best I can say is "lawn mower beer"

1.96/5  rDev -9.3%

The short story is that this beer tastes almost exactly like Fruit Loops cereal. The lime flavor does not feel "natural" but instead very extract-like. Really one of the worst beers I've ever tasted, and evidence of a disturbing trend--and I've actually warmed up to having a regular BudLight here and there. Not snobbery, this is just gross.

2.07/5  rDev -4.2%

Not good. Thats the simple summary. The carbonation is soda like and is not reminiscent of beer. The lime is again not lime like and is flagrantly artificial tasting. The artificial lime overpowers the weak flavor of the bud light. This is far from the worst beer ever made, it can be drank, but I see little reason anyone would really want to.

2.47/5  rDev +14.4%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Light, but clean golden straw color. Smells a very light bread scent with a hint of lime. Taste is watry, lightly white bready with a hint of real lime. Sprtizy and light. Meh... doesnt do anything for me, but doesnt offend.

I dont want to hijack my own review with a
comparison to other lime beers, namely Miller Chill, but i feel i must. While Miller Chill actually does a litle something for me with its somewhat confectionary and artificial salty/limey taste, this beer is just a weak light beer with a hint of lime. Id almost rather pull the faux pas of putting a lime wedge in a slightly more flavorable beer.

2.63/5  rDev +21.8%
look: 2 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 4.5

Pale golden pour with a white spritzy head. All lime and faint hops in the aroma. The taste is very limey. Minimal hop presence and by that I mean look real hard and you might detect them. Some alcohol and lime soda character. Very much like a lime ginger ale. I found this beer to be too sweet, to the point of eroding ones teeth enamel. Still it was very refreshing and went down fast and easy. If nothing else was around I wouldn't mind throwing a whole six of these back. Not the type of beer you look forward to, but very drinkable and I believe that was Budweiser's intention. Just drink it cold because all desire for this one is gone when it warms up.

3.67/5  rDev +69.9%

ok so i'm sure i will be hung up to dry in many minds but i have to say i actually enjoy drinking this beer. according to the experts i know i should hate this beer, but eh...screw em, i like it. but there are conditions for me to enjoy this bcm brewha. for me...
1. it must be hot out
2. i should probably be grilling
3. this sucker better be extra cold and i better drink it before it warms
4. i plan on sharing this with others so i can afford to buy a lot.

basically it goes down smooth...makes me think of the beach and i can drink a bunch and still be coherent.

2.24/5  rDev +3.7%

A- Pours a clear golden. actually has a nice little head to it. interesting.
s- smells a lot like guacamole doritos or those "hint of lime" tostitos. you know, kind of that powedered lime taste. strange.
t- tastes like lime chalk. not sweet or sour lime. just kind of lime... no hint of anything else. i hope you realllyyyy like lime if you've bought this.
m- kinda slick and very spritzy.
d- i mean, lots of people really dog on this beer. i understand, it's not a "pure" beer. but no one buys this thinking their getting a DFH or Stone product. you know what you're getting. its a bud light canvas with lime juice poured all over it. i won't drink another, but i mean, people don't need to have unrealistic expectations of it.

2.38/5  rDev +10.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Bud Light- Lime

A- Light clear golden yellow with a decent foamy white head.
S- Light crisp lime and seltzer.
T- Light seltzer water with a nice touch of lime. Imagine taking Fresca(soda) and replacing the grapefruit with lime.
M- Heavy seltzer carbonation and a dry crisp lime feel.

Overall- Basically a lime flavored soda, with heartburn!

3.42/5  rDev +58.3%

I poured into a pint glass to an inch of fluffy white head that disappeared real quick. The smell is sweet and of lime. It tastes like a Bud Light with lime juice in it. Weird! At least it has some flavor unlike Bud Light. It is watery as expected. It is what it is.

Cheers!

1.95/5  rDev -9.7%

I picked up a single...one of the few singles available in Casper not counting 22oz and larger bottles.

It poured a very pale yellow colour with a short lasting head of foam.

The smell is of...lime! Yeah, that and a sweetish corny note that sure made me look forward to my first sip.

The taste is the same as the nose. Lime and corn. And both work wonderfully together to make my palate say....yuck!

Thin, as expected, and spritzy, also expected.

Drinkability? If I was forced to buy a sixer of this, the other 5 would go down the drain. Since it was just the one I had to deal with, I managed to finish the bottle. What a chore that was! At least the BL Wheat was a decent brew....

2.7/5  rDev +25%

Didn't want to buy a whole 6 pack of this stuff until I tried it first, so I found this single clear glass 22oz bottle at the local Jewel/Osco store for just $2.19. There is some 8 digit number on the back of the bottle but I have no idea if it's a freshness code or something else.

The beer pours a very clear and pale yellow color that is close to water. With a hard pour you can get a fizzy white 3 finger head on the beer, but it disappears about as fast as it came and leaves no lacing.

This stuff smells like 7-Up, which I guess isn't all that bad for a lime flavored beer, but there is nothing else to it. No malt or hop aroma at all.

This beer tastes like lime seltzer water. Lime flavored - definitely, but there is also some off putting metallic flavor in it that I didn't like, but no sign of malt or hops or anything to make it taste like beer.

The mouthfeel is watery light and the high carbonation makes it spritzy like a soda. It's very easy to drink and sort of refreshing - it's just not beer.

1.93/5  rDev -10.6%

Picked up a bottle of this swill at Max's the other day. The bartender shook it up a bit, and then did a fast pour (turning the beer completely upside down so it would drop into my glass). This helped the beer considerably, IMO, in terms of aromatics and head retention. The bartender also pasted on a handwritten label that said "Belgian Golden Strong Ale." Unfortunately, that particular ploy was not nearly as effective.

The beer pours a very light yellow color with fairly decent head retention (after the hard pour), but no lacing to speak of. The nose smells of light sprite and pretty much nothing else. There's sort of an odd adjunct aroma in the background as well, but it's very, very faint. This beer really reminds me of less sweet version of sprite. Flavors on the palate are very faint, and so hard to identify. There is some light lime flavor, as well as BL's telltale seltzer water. Really, this could almost be some crapy seltzer water with a slice of lime thrown in. That's how little flavor there is. Mouthfeel is light and watery, pretty much just like BL. However, there are no off flavors, and for the most part, I would describe this beer as inoffensive. As for drinkability, why would you want to?

A crappy beer of course, but probably not quite as crappy as I was expecting. Still, I'm pretty sure this will be the last BLL I will ever drink. However, to my credit (I think), I was able to drink nearly a third of the glass of this stuff before drain pouring it.

3.39/5  rDev +56.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Poured from a clear 22 oz. bottle. Has a pale yellow with a 1/2 inch head and lots of carbonation. Smells like limes, some notes of corn. Tastes just like it smells, lots of lime here. Feels light in the mouth and has good drinkability. Overall there is definatly more flavor here than your average light beer.

2.58/5  rDev +19.4%

355 ml can. I must be getting desperate.

Pours a crystal clear yellowish gold, darker than Bud it would seem, big bubbled white head forms, quickly fizzes down to a thin ring around the glass, a few lace spots stick.

Smell is pretty weird, smells like Sprite or some sort of lime/lemon pop, tickles the nose a bit, light corn, some citrus sweetness, basically zero beer character.

Taste is pretty similar, light corn, a bit of caramel sweetness, limes, lemons, again tastes like a Sprite, exact same finish, maybe a gin and tonic with limes, hard to describe.

Mouthfeel is thin bodied with high carbonation, very spritzy and carbonated. Honestly as a beer this sucks but I can see why people would like it. Easy enough to drink and basically tastes and feels like Sprite.

2.9/5  rDev +34.3%

I buried a few bombers in the ice, but my arm settled on something requiring less endurance.

An oily marigold sort of color. Fizzled soda head. Smell was of 7-UP & sticky beer residue.

Taste changed a bit since it first came out. I remember opting for a Miller Chill last summer because the Bud variant had this ugly cheap Euro residue to it. They bought a case this time around, so maybe these were just fresher. Anyway, lime-flavored seltzer, with a super clean & weak lager base. A touch of pasteurized caramelization, & that's that.

Lightly sweet & citric, little bit of syrupy concentrate, spritzy(though not irritating) carbonation, & if you can tolerate the "natural" flavor", it's easier then ordinary Bud Lite to put down.

2.95/5  rDev +36.6%

Better than expected, but as someone who despises
AB products + light beer I wasn't expecting much
trouble is, within the same can it tasted like lemonade in some sips, water in others. If you like light beer it's ok, but it's not worth paying store price for. Giving it a 4 on drinkability because it's light, so one could drink a lot of these if they chose to.

3.94/5  rDev +82.4%

A - Perfect clarity and a common light yellow color.

S - Extremely faint malt and citric lime aromas

T - Citric lime dominates the flavor with just a bare hint of malt to remind you its actually a beer. I enjoy the lime flavor in this one.

M - Thin to allow for more drinkability but its acceptable for the style.

D - On a nice summer float trip, I could drink this all day. The light body and high carbonation really take it easy on the tongue.

3.13/5  rDev +44.9%

I broke down and bought a 22oz of this beer, just so I could try it. Poured into a 20oz tulip pint

Appears as any other light lager...pale golden-yellow

Smells of limes and maybe some grains.

Tastes like lime and malt.

Decent carbonation, not unpleasant.

Drinkable? It's a light lager.

4.5/5  rDev +108.3%

I enjoy this beer greatly and appreciate it for what it is. When I want a refreshing, light brew with a "bright" kick I reach for one of these.

I am a home brewer and wine maker and enjoy my bigger beers for sure, but I can say that this is the FIRST and Bud Light product that I have actually developed a taste for and purchased multiple times.

Camping with friends on the July 4th weekend, this was a great marathon beer. A cheap 18 pack lasted me 2.5 days. I have gotten to the point where when I see the can or bottle I salivate.

I recommend you try this if you are looking for a light, refreshing alternative. You may be pleasantly surprised!

2.62/5  rDev +21.3%

Finally got a chance to try this after one of my buds wedding rehearsal, and was offered to me, as this doesn't strike me as the kind of beer you would go out a pay for.

Appearance: A pale off yellow with a slight off tint probably due to the lime. Barely any head and no lacing what so ever. Also seems to have a clear problem with excessive carbonation. Certainly some leeway is given because it is a light Lager, however it's pretty much an off color Bud Light, which is expected.

Smell: Pretty much as expected, it smells like Bud Light with lime flavoring. However, at least the Lime while artificial gives then beer something to work with. The background is a faint rice like smell with a hint of grain and almost metal like quality.

Taste: Well, it is better then regular Bug Light, I'll give you that but incredible it is not. Certainly tastes a lot sweeter then most beers, although isn't to the point that you may as well call it a cooler. Tastes like lime seltzer with a backing of corn and rice. I know that sounds disgusting but it's not that bad. One thing that is disappointing is that the lime flavor is in no way sour, like Lime should be.

Mouthfeel: Way too much carbonation that is clearly artificial, like just about everything in this beer. Has a slight chemical aftertaste which the artificial lime seems to decently cleanse the pallet and not let it linger.

Drinkability: This stuff goes down like candy and the lack of bitterness makes it an incredibly easy drinker. Obviously no bloating, given how light it is as well. However the excessive carbonation does cause some serious gas issues and the artificial nature of the beer make it a bit unsettling.

Final Thoughts: Well, I knew I wasn't going to like Bud Light Lime, but at least now I can sorta understand the appeal. This beer is a big time guzzler and for people who aren't a fan of bitterness. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, and isn't as bad as a lot of people are making it out to be, but I wouldn't buy this. I'll stick to a Brava with a wedge of actual lime.

Bud Light Lime from Anheuser-Busch