Bud Light Lime - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Lime Alström Bros
Reviews: 531 | Hads: 2,350

They should just stop making bud lite products altogether. This beer tastes and smells like the moldy piss on the floor of your local Mexican cantina restaurant/bar. In fact I'm really not sure this was beer at all, it has such a low abv good luck trying to get a buzz on this garbage. Bud take a look at what dogfish is doing with their Ancient Ales line, they at least taste good and get me a buzz (399 characters)

2.25/5  rDev -5.5%

12 oz. bottle, with some sort of bottling code on the back label. I was surprised to discover that I hadn't yet reviewed this one. "Refreshment with a twist". Expectations are pretty bad; though it has been a long time since I last drank this stuff.

Poured into a miniature snifter glass, for the sake of discovery.

A - It pours a pale golden yellow color; same as it appears in the bottle obviously. Conjures about a finger of white head that fades to a ring quickly. Thin spotty lacing appears. Nothing special to look at. 3

S - The aroma actually isn't half bad, but this thing doesn't smell like beer. It smells almost like a radler, which I happen to enjoy - white sugar and lime extract, with maybe some faint wheat / grain in the background. Virtually no actual "beer" aroma appears, but the smell isn't bad. 3

T - The taste is sweet / grainy, with artificial sugary heartburn-inducing lime / lemon flavoring. Weak and papery. 2

M - Crisp and light-bodied, but that's about all I have to say for this one. 2

Overall, it is basically incomparable to an actual lager and lime combination; I would take a Corona with a lime over this one any day, or a nice radler. Glad to have rated it, but I won't be wanting this one again. Ever.

Bud Light Lime -----2/5. (1,277 characters)

Appearance was a very pale yellow with no head. Smell was full of lime, but also kind of a chemical scent. The taste was a bud light with artificial lime flavor added. That's kind of all there is to it. (202 characters)

I will avoid the typical taste test format and just give it to you straight:

This beer is great with a little extra lime wedge placed in it as you are floating down a river somewhere down in Texas.

That is the only time drinking Bud is even remotely acceptable. Go with a refreshing wheat beer or blonde ale instead. (318 characters)

I am someone who enjoys light beer. Reason, Its smooth and goes down like water. This has no real flavor worth mentioning besides a slight beer taste and lime. Its very balanced in the carbonation. I like this more than my coors light. Coors light is in the same boat as this though. What made me rate this this way is the hint of lime. Its not overpowering and today i had two or 3 of these and they were good. As i said the only thing i can taste is the lime. Also its one of the few things i let get hot and it didn't turn nasty. This and Redds apple ale trump all the other macros for me. (593 characters)

1.49/5  rDev -37.4%

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass.
Aroma- it smells like a cross between the juice in the plastic lime that my mom used for drinks when I was a kid and a weak beer.
Appearance - This beer is a very pale golden color, very little head forms when poured
Taste- really has a strong artificial lime flavor, very off-putting
Palate-Alight bodied beer with mild carbonation; finishes dry
Overall- TERRIBLE, I enjoy many fruit flavored beers but this is god awful (467 characters)

2.46/5  rDev +3.4%

Wanted to try on a hot summer day in a bar.

Once in a glass its actually very light. U can almost see through the glass.
In general Bud Light Lime is barely average.

U can definitely smell the Lime. The beer is very light only 4%.

Like the original Bud Light, Im scared to taste it because it have so much negative review on it.
Anyways 1 or 2 won t kill someone on a hot summer day.

Would I recommend it ? Honestly good question. I will say a small yes but only during summer as a try. (494 characters)

2.59/5  rDev +8.8%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

For appearance it is very hard for a beer to appear bad, that's why it gets a 4. That is where the high marks end. The smell has a very faint lime smell to it and is the only think you can smell from the beer. The taste is just lime and nothing more. The mouth feel is light and is like drinking a bud light. Overall the beer isn't good. I wanted to try it as a beach beer and is low in abv and comes in cans. It gave me slight hard burn and is like drinking a watered down corona. (481 characters)

2.1/5  rDev -11.8%

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a Shaker pint glass, there was no "born on" date on the bottle that I could find.

APPEARANCE: pours a clear, pale, light yellow with less than 1 finger white head that dissipated completely in about 1 minute, not a trace of lacing, medium carbonation.

SMELL: faint lime, that's all I got.

TASTE: It tastes like lime. I don't know where to go with this, it's fizzy and tasted like lime.

PALATE: light body, medium carbonation, did I mention the lime?

OVERALL: I have to remind myself to "respect beer" at this moment. I understand this beer is popular with frat boys but, it's not for me. This beer would appeal to people who are trying beer for the first time and have nothing to compare it to. It would also appeal to people who do not really like beer. It tasted more like a soft drink than beer. (838 characters)

I feel like this is the most un-beer like beer I have ever tasted. It's thin, watery, almost no beer flavor, a nasty stale lime flavor, and over carbonated. Just why???

Would not purchase or drink. (198 characters)

3.17/5  rDev +33.2%

It's a decent beer when you take it for what it is, these types of beer have their place . It's not a craft beer or a microbrew, and it doesn't need to be. For a hot day easy drinking beer this is pretty good. Still not as good (or as cheap) as High Life, which is my go to filler beer. (286 characters)

3.75/5  rDev +57.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

The bud light lime is actually a good beer. It is like a bud light with lime flavor added to it. Tou can actually taste the lime flavor on the beer. The color is like a clear golden color. The smell pf the beer is actually pretty good as well. For an every day beer this is a good beer. (286 characters)

3.5/5  rDev +47.1%

This is your typical taste, look and aroma. What I think sets this one apart is the lime flavor that is added. The line is more natural than fake and adds great improvement to the bud lite itself. I would recommend drinking this beer very cold because as the temperature rises, the flavor becomes slightly skunky and undesirable. Keep it cold and this is a nice refreshing beverage (381 characters)

2.96/5  rDev +24.4%

Though I wouldn't call this a quality beer, I'd never turn one of these down out on a boat on a sunny day.

It's extremely light in color as you'd expect from Bud Light with little to no head and no lacing.

It smells like someone took a bud light and squeezed lime juice into it... because someone probably did.

The taste isn't bad. I like lime and think it's a very refreshing flavor and this isn't a bad lime beer.

The mouthfeel is watery and nothing to write home about.

This is an okay summer boating beer that's watery mouthfeel actually lends itself to it's drinkability. On a hot summer day out on the boat I think this is a nice alternative to a fuller bodied beer would fill you up. Though any other time... not the greatest beer. (743 characters)

2.49/5  rDev +4.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Pours a small head. If you are a fan of drinking beer with a lime in it, you may enjoy this beer. It is an alright alternative than actually cutting a lime and sticking it into your beer. I would say it is more for the summer, so crack one open on a hot summer day (264 characters)

A - very light yellow, almost clear
S - gagging fake lime
T - horrible, mix of artificial lime and bud lite
M - very watery
O - glad i only had a drink of this. It was horrible.
My buddy drinks this for breakfast at the Spring Bristol race and I took a hit. was gut wrenching, no matter what time of day. I would rate this less than 1.0 if available. (350 characters)

This barely qualifies as beer to begin with. What little taste there is to be had is a disgusting slightly lime taste that leaves a horrible tangy feeling in your mouth afterwards. The rest is just watery. The massive carbonation attempts to hide the fact that this beer literally tastes like urine but fails completely to do so. Everything about this beer is unpleasant and I am genuinely amazed that anyone buys it. (417 characters)

2.65/5  rDev +11.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

Pours one finger of head on a one clear, light yellow colored body.
The aroma is lots of lime. Like a lime Slurpee.
The taste is quite limey too. Not a hint of a beer flavor in there. It's not too sweet either.
The texture is crisp with moderate carbonation.
It doesn't taste bad, it just doesn't taste like beer. It's an alcoholic lime drink. (345 characters)

2.49/5  rDev +4.6%

Bud Light Lime brewed by Anheuser-Busch. This brew pours out a nice amber color. There is little to no head to this brew, but it is white head. This beer smells like 7 UP or other lemon lime pop or soda on the market. The taste is the same as the smell but flat lemon lime pop or soda. I thought there would be more to this brew but there is not. If you like lemon lime soda or pop you my like this. Nothing special about this brew. Over all I'm giving this brew a 2.5 out of 5. (478 characters)

2.84/5  rDev +19.3%

I bought this in a 25 ounce (one extra ounce promotion) can that AB/InBev is selling right now for my beer can collection. Poured it into a chilled pint glass.

A - Pretty standard macro lager pale yellow with a big but fleeting head that retreated to slight lacing throughout.

S - The lime dominated the smell with a faint hint of cereal.

T - This is closer to Sprite or 7-Up than beer. Surprisingly it is quite refreshing.

M - Very sweet and watery - like a soda.

O - Had this with homemade Mexican food and it wasn't that bad. I could see this (at the right price of course) as being a great "lawnmower" or other manual labor on a hot day type beer. The low alcohol content certainly makes it a candidate for mass consumption but I have to wonder if you'd tire of the lime flavor. (787 characters)

1.71/5  rDev -28.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.75

Is lime that hard to cut? This just doesn't seem like much of an added value. I've lived in cold climates, and lime is still available pretty much year round. No matter how awful the fruit looks, it's gotta be better than what Bud or InBev synthesizes. (252 characters)

3.21/5  rDev +34.9%

A-pale gold color with a white head that leaves some lace
S-lime and sweet grain smell
T-sweet grain with lime that leaves a slight tart lime aftertaste
M-light body
O-tonight is light lager night. I like the idea that real limes are used with this beer. So it is a Bud Light that has real limes in it. I have to say it taste better with e lime in it. (351 characters)

2.16/5  rDev -9.2%

Received a bottle of this from someone who was cleaning/closing up a lake house for the winter. Cheers?

Review adapted from notes taken 11/2/13

Appearance: Crystal clear golden yellow - might even have some more color than Bud Light - unexpectedly low carbonation (shocking for an A-B) product, fades to virtually no head, no lacing

Smell: More or less smells exactly like the label of the beer would suggest - this is Bud Light with some sweetened lime juice - extremely pale, extremely light malts and grains at the base, not much going on - the lime aroma is far from subtle, it's very much in your face (or up your nose, whatever) - kind of like real, sweetened lime juice, and kind of artificial, like some kind of sugary, fake lime syrup you'd dump on a snow cone or lime Jello- regardless of the characteristics of the "lime," it's decidedly sweet - not terrible, assuming you like lime

Taste: Bud Light with a squirt of lime syrup - not much else to say - extremely pale malts, light corn, light grains, and some sugar - tons of lime - sweetened lime juice and artificial lime syrup, as the smell suggested - somewhat candy-like overall, but unexpectedly not disgusting (I wouldn't call it "good" though)

Mouthfeel: Legitimately better than Bud Light - light body, mostly clean and crisp - reasonable amount of carbonation - drinkable if you can handle the lime

Overall: Considering how many things are wrong with this beer, it could definitely be worse

This is not an abomination. In some ways, it's actually more interesting than Bud Light. While Bud Light has no flavor, this at least has some lime. Above all, I'm curious why this beer still exists. Does this appeal to people looking for that "OMG drinking Corona with lime is like I'm really on the beach" demographic? I wish that demographic didn't exist. On a related note, I would rather drink this than Corona (lime or not). Or does this appeal to the "I'm underage and I don't like beer but this doesn't taste like beer LOL" crowd? Whatever. One thing is certain: I now really need to review the masterpiece known as Bud Light Lime-A-Rita. (2,115 characters)

3.37/5  rDev +41.6%

Type: 12-oz. bottle
Glass: Frosty pint glass
From: Walmart in Fayetteville, N.C.
Price: N/A
Purchased: N/A
Consumed: Oct. 15, 2013
Misc.: My younger brother bought a 12-pack

Poured a honey golden clear color with 1-to-2 fingers of off-white head. Minimal lacing on the sides of the glass. Almost no retention, but lots of bubbles.

Smelled lime zest, pine, soapy, honey and some caramel malts.

Tasted similar to the nose, not too potent. Lime zest, pine, less soapy than the smell, kiwi, light tropical notes and faint caramel.

Light body. Thin texture. Average-to-soft carbonation. Abrupt, clean, refreshing finish.

I’ve had this beer many times but this was my first time rating it. It wasn’t too bad I have to say. Dare I say I enjoyed it? (753 characters)

2.95/5  rDev +23.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.25

Like many other people here, I won't give a detailed review, but I will share some of my general thoughts on this beer.

Bud Light Lime is one of my primary guilty pleasure beers. I don't enjoy Bud Light or Budweiser or most of the other mass-produced cheap beers, and BLL is not a great beer either. What makes it moderately enjoyable is that it really doesn't even taste like beer at all (and I enjoy the flavor of beer of course, but if BLL did taste like beer, it would be Bud Light, and nobody wants that.)

The lime flavor in BLL is overpowering, and it's not too bad - it does taste like lime, not too artificial. Drinking BLL is definitely not a deep beer-drinking experience, but if I ever do want something cheap, or something to just get me a little drunker, it is one of the first things I will reach for, although because the flavor is so strong, it's tough to have a lot of it in one go, but I suppose once you're drunk enough you can get a regular cheapo lager and not tell the difference. (1,004 characters)

Bud Light Lime from Anheuser-Busch