Bud Light Lime - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Lime Alström Bros
Reviews: 541 | Hads: 2,423
3.28/5  rDev +41.4%
look: 2.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.25

Pours a light golden color with high carbonation and head thinning to a lace. Only aromas here are a little lime. Goes down real smooth, very little bitterness. Fortunately the corn adjunct is masked by the lime. Not too bad of beer. I'll take this over Bud Light any day.

4.46/5  rDev +92.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

12 oz bottle in a 7 oz Riedel Sommeliers Series Single Malt Whiskey Glass (my boyfriend is dumb)

A - Beautiful light-golden color. Looks like healthy urine. Little head. Nice lacing for the amount of head.

S - Lime and nutmeg. Slightly floral, but hidden by the citrus.

T - Beautiful summer day on white crystal sands. This might be the most scientific success of the perfect lime-to-beer ratio. Leaves an aftertaste near, or close, to the green Skittles candy.

M - Well carbonated. Very soft and slippery. Balanced. Throat-heavy.

O - This light, crisp, and refreshing beer scores well in my book. BLL is an overall good beer that goes well with any activity. I wouldn't recommend this beer to people that do not enjoy events and adventure.

3.3/5  rDev +42.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Not that bad of a beer only thing about it is after a few of these the taste gets overwhelming and other then that a ok beer to drink on a hot summer day....

2.82/5  rDev +21.6%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 3

It's a drinkable cheap beer for a cook out. I like it better than most big box American beers. With that being said it's nothing special. But I buy it for my wife from time to time

4.01/5  rDev +72.8%

Not sure why i like this beer but i honestly enjoy it from time to time( stuck in a midwest bar) with the wife. I think it comes from the practice of my grandparents adding lime and salt to Corornas. Loved that. Bud Light Lime seems to nail that taste for me.

1.8/5  rDev -22.4%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.75

How have I never rated this? It was my second lawnmower beer after Landshark cans disappeared! What can I say, it's a lime beer. Nose of fake lime, barely a bit of beer taste under that big fake lime taste that seemingly never leaves the tongue. I've moved on to the various Leinekugel shandys now for mowing but yep, many a strip of grass were doused with the last ounce or so of a Bud Light lime once the cold fell off! Really - only way to drink it is ice freaking cold. Think just north of slushy cold.

2.38/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

A: Crystal clear straw color with big white pillowy head from an aggressive pour

S: Lime with some malts

T: Sweet citrus taste like lemon/lime soda, very faint maltyness then a limey aftertaste

M: Very effervescent and watery, much like a soda

O: Nothing that is gonna knock your sox off but a refreshing offering that would be good to bring a 12 pack of to the beach

2.01/5  rDev -13.4%

What can I say but Bud Light lager with lime added. It's not bad on a hot day but the lime really taste generic and if I am going to add lime to beer I would much rather add real lime.

1.49/5  rDev -35.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

It tastes like soap, not completely sure the brand of soap but probably ivory. I don't see how people like it, i'm sure cold bath water tastes smooth but its not really a good taste.

Had this at my buddy's birthday party. Not a lot of flavor worth mentioning. The lime tastes like real lime, but is a light dash of it. I give this a 5 out of 5 for one reason. It tastes incredibly smooth and goes down really good. Carbonation is perfect for this beer. You could argue its not beer considering there is no beer flavor really, besides a light malt taste. This stuff is incredibly easy to drink. It actually stays easy to drink even warm. Because of that i also rated this beer highly. It is seriously the easiest thing to drink i have ever had. The fact its so easy to drink i drank almost a 24 pack of bottles by myself across the day. The lime is just the perfect amount. I am not a beer snob at all. But i do enjoy the hoppier stuff too. I gotta say, they don't market this as much as regular BL and i don't think they have too. this is good without marketing. Its just the perfect balance of the lime flavor and the light body of the beer taste that makes me like this. next time i go fishing i'm taking a pack of this. perfect for hot days.

They should just stop making bud lite products altogether. This beer tastes and smells like the moldy piss on the floor of your local Mexican cantina restaurant/bar. In fact I'm really not sure this was beer at all, it has such a low abv good luck trying to get a buzz on this garbage. Bud take a look at what dogfish is doing with their Ancient Ales line, they at least taste good and get me a buzz

2.25/5  rDev -3%

12 oz. bottle, with some sort of bottling code on the back label. I was surprised to discover that I hadn't yet reviewed this one. "Refreshment with a twist". Expectations are pretty bad; though it has been a long time since I last drank this stuff.

Poured into a miniature snifter glass, for the sake of discovery.

A - It pours a pale golden yellow color; same as it appears in the bottle obviously. Conjures about a finger of white head that fades to a ring quickly. Thin spotty lacing appears. Nothing special to look at. 3

S - The aroma actually isn't half bad, but this thing doesn't smell like beer. It smells almost like a radler, which I happen to enjoy - white sugar and lime extract, with maybe some faint wheat / grain in the background. Virtually no actual "beer" aroma appears, but the smell isn't bad. 3

T - The taste is sweet / grainy, with artificial sugary heartburn-inducing lime / lemon flavoring. Weak and papery. 2

M - Crisp and light-bodied, but that's about all I have to say for this one. 2

Overall, it is basically incomparable to an actual lager and lime combination; I would take a Corona with a lime over this one any day, or a nice radler. Glad to have rated it, but I won't be wanting this one again. Ever.

Bud Light Lime -----2/5.

Appearance was a very pale yellow with no head. Smell was full of lime, but also kind of a chemical scent. The taste was a bud light with artificial lime flavor added. That's kind of all there is to it.

I will avoid the typical taste test format and just give it to you straight:

This beer is great with a little extra lime wedge placed in it as you are floating down a river somewhere down in Texas.

That is the only time drinking Bud is even remotely acceptable. Go with a refreshing wheat beer or blonde ale instead.

I am someone who enjoys light beer. Reason, Its smooth and goes down like water. This has no real flavor worth mentioning besides a slight beer taste and lime. Its very balanced in the carbonation. I like this more than my coors light. Coors light is in the same boat as this though. What made me rate this this way is the hint of lime. Its not overpowering and today i had two or 3 of these and they were good. As i said the only thing i can taste is the lime. Also its one of the few things i let get hot and it didn't turn nasty. This and Redds apple ale trump all the other macros for me.

1.49/5  rDev -35.8%

Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass.
Aroma- it smells like a cross between the juice in the plastic lime that my mom used for drinks when I was a kid and a weak beer.
Appearance - This beer is a very pale golden color, very little head forms when poured
Taste- really has a strong artificial lime flavor, very off-putting
Palate-Alight bodied beer with mild carbonation; finishes dry
Overall- TERRIBLE, I enjoy many fruit flavored beers but this is god awful

2.46/5  rDev +6%

Wanted to try on a hot summer day in a bar.

Once in a glass its actually very light. U can almost see through the glass.
In general Bud Light Lime is barely average.

U can definitely smell the Lime. The beer is very light only 4%.

Like the original Bud Light, Im scared to taste it because it have so much negative review on it.
Anyways 1 or 2 won t kill someone on a hot summer day.

Would I recommend it ? Honestly good question. I will say a small yes but only during summer as a try.

2.59/5  rDev +11.6%
look: 4 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

For appearance it is very hard for a beer to appear bad, that's why it gets a 4. That is where the high marks end. The smell has a very faint lime smell to it and is the only think you can smell from the beer. The taste is just lime and nothing more. The mouth feel is light and is like drinking a bud light. Overall the beer isn't good. I wanted to try it as a beach beer and is low in abv and comes in cans. It gave me slight hard burn and is like drinking a watered down corona.

2.1/5  rDev -9.5%

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a Shaker pint glass, there was no "born on" date on the bottle that I could find.

APPEARANCE: pours a clear, pale, light yellow with less than 1 finger white head that dissipated completely in about 1 minute, not a trace of lacing, medium carbonation.

SMELL: faint lime, that's all I got.

TASTE: It tastes like lime. I don't know where to go with this, it's fizzy and tasted like lime.

PALATE: light body, medium carbonation, did I mention the lime?

OVERALL: I have to remind myself to "respect beer" at this moment. I understand this beer is popular with frat boys but, it's not for me. This beer would appeal to people who are trying beer for the first time and have nothing to compare it to. It would also appeal to people who do not really like beer. It tasted more like a soft drink than beer.

I feel like this is the most un-beer like beer I have ever tasted. It's thin, watery, almost no beer flavor, a nasty stale lime flavor, and over carbonated. Just why???

Will not revisit again.

3.17/5  rDev +36.6%

It's a decent beer when you take it for what it is, these types of beer have their place . It's not a craft beer or a microbrew, and it doesn't need to be. For a hot day easy drinking beer this is pretty good. Still not as good (or as cheap) as High Life, which is my go to filler beer.

3.75/5  rDev +61.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

The bud light lime is actually a good beer. It is like a bud light with lime flavor added to it. Tou can actually taste the lime flavor on the beer. The color is like a clear golden color. The smell pf the beer is actually pretty good as well. For an every day beer this is a good beer.

3.5/5  rDev +50.9%

This is your typical taste, look and aroma. What I think sets this one apart is the lime flavor that is added. The line is more natural than fake and adds great improvement to the bud lite itself. I would recommend drinking this beer very cold because as the temperature rises, the flavor becomes slightly skunky and undesirable. Keep it cold and this is a nice refreshing beverage

2.96/5  rDev +27.6%

Though I wouldn't call this a quality beer, I'd never turn one of these down out on a boat on a sunny day.

It's extremely light in color as you'd expect from Bud Light with little to no head and no lacing.

It smells like someone took a bud light and squeezed lime juice into it... because someone probably did.

The taste isn't bad. I like lime and think it's a very refreshing flavor and this isn't a bad lime beer.

The mouthfeel is watery and nothing to write home about.

This is an okay summer boating beer that's watery mouthfeel actually lends itself to it's drinkability. On a hot summer day out on the boat I think this is a nice alternative to a fuller bodied beer would fill you up. Though any other time... not the greatest beer.

2.49/5  rDev +7.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

Pours a small head. If you are a fan of drinking beer with a lime in it, you may enjoy this beer. It is an alright alternative than actually cutting a lime and sticking it into your beer. I would say it is more for the summer, so crack one open on a hot summer day

Bud Light Lime from Anheuser-Busch