Bud Light Lime - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.20% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 03-27-2008

Bud Light Lime is brewed using a combination of barley malts, non-malted cereal grains, subtle hopping and natural lime flavor.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Bud Light Lime Alström Bros
Reviews: 541 | Hads: 2,424
2.54/5  rDev +9.5%

Not a great product at all. Then again, its coming out of Anheuser Busch, and not too much out of there is that great. Essentially, it tastes like a watered down Corona with lime juice squeezed in it. Not recommended at all. I'd almost rather grab a Busch Light then drink this again.

2.42/5  rDev +4.3%

A - Pours 2 fingers of frothy white head that has little to no retention and doesn't leave any lacing. The beer is an extremely light straw color. It almost looks like water when held to the light.

S - The only thing I can make out is lime. It's not too overpowering, but it's the only item in the aroma, which isn't surprising since light beers typically lack in the aroma department.

M - A light-bodied beer. It's pretty thin with a fizzy feel because of the high amount of carbonation.

T - Some indistinguishable malt flavor in the beginning which is quickly taken over by the lime. The tart lime flavor hits near the middle and stays till the end. This beer drinks almost like a soda with the sweeter taste and high carbonation.

I haven't had the Miller Chill in awhile but from what I recall, this is better, but only by a small margin. It's very easy to drink, but doesn't really taste much like a beer.

2.6/5  rDev +12.1%

Pours clear straw yellow with a white head that becomes a patch.

The smell is as advertised - lime. There'a macro beer-ish smell underneath, but couldn't pinpoint it as Bud Light, necessarily. Clean - lime has an real smell - not artificial.

The taste is like a lime soda - less sweet though. Not very "beery", but considering its a macro light with lime, could be worse. Finishes crisp and clean without lime hanging on. It has little to no aftertaste - fine in this case.

The body is fizzy and light - very highly carbonated - again, more like lime soda/seltzer.

Drinks surprisingly well enough for one - could almost see a somewhat refreshing quality to it on a hot day for non-beer drinkers. If I liked lime soda more, I may have liked this one more. It's okay for what it is, I suppose, but one is enough.

2.36/5  rDev +1.7%

got this free from a friend, i had the choice of bud, bud light, and bud light lime so i chose this one

a: pours a crystal clear straw yellow golden color with about an eigth inch of head that dissapears fast leaving an ever so slight ring of lace around the edge of the glass as well as a small patch no top towards the middle part of the beer
s: sweet limeade aroma hints of corn and bready malts very crisp aroma like its over carbonated
t: the bready/corny malts hit the tongue first but that flavor is quickly dominated by a sour limeade flavor very sharp and over carbonated
m: light bodied beer with ALOT of carbonation

overall, this isnt as bad as i thought it would be, i had miller chill about a year ago and i believe this to be better, however that does not mean that i will be purchasing either again

2.28/5  rDev -1.7%

12 oz. bottle. Pours yellow, with a white tiny fizzy head which diminished immediately. Had a light doughy smell, with the obvious lime-flavored aroma. Taste was actually not bad, like a good corona with a lime. Had a somewhat salty finish. It was pretty fizzy on the palate, too much carbonation. Not great, but drinkable.

Same co-workers house as my Mich Ultra review... I was pressured into trying BL with Lime. I had read (possibly in BA Mag) how many millions of barrels of Miller Chill had been sold which led to AB wanting a piece of the action. Who is drinking this stuff? I don't mind the occasional fruity beer but I am rarely if ever chopping up fresh fruit to garnish my beer with. Never mind fresh fruit, what about an imitation lime flavoring? It tastes like limeade with a twist of beer. Way too sweet to be anything close to enjoyable. I think the taste that I took didn't even clear the neck of the bottle and I returned it to my friend to finish it up. I can't believe that people willingly choose this stuff to drink.

2.41/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 3.5

Pale yellow color, white head with tiny, packed bubbles. Nothing remains but a tiny ring around the top.

No Bud Light aromas. Just lime.

Enjoyably Lime-centric, this covers up the general skanky flavor of the underlying beer with a decently authentic-tasting citric character.

Very broadly reminiscent to me of Cherry Wheat, in that the fruit is upfront and generally pleasant. The mouthfeel is super thin and fizzy, but it's not that bad on a really hot day.

I'm holding out for Bud Light Weed.

2.3/5  rDev -0.9%

This is just a bad version of a Corona + lime. Good idea, bad execution. The artificial-lime taste is very overwhelming, it's pretty highly carbonated, and there is basically no reason to purchase this. It surprises me when beers like this make it through market research tests.

I'll post the same review for Miller Chill, which I thought was equally bad.

2.05/5  rDev -11.6%

Poured a crystal clear straw yellow. Very fizzy head that quickly fell to a thin ring.
Smelled of lime with a little sweet grain/corn. Lime really dominates the aroma.
Tastes similar to aroma. Lime dominates followed by light grain/corn. There is some bitterness, but I couldn't tell if it was from the lime or the beer. Kind of reminded me of lime flavored sparkling mineral water in the flavor. Also had a slight salty component.
Very thin mouthfeel. Again, like lime flavored sparkling mineral water.
Drinkable only in the low ABV sense. I grew tired of the lime before finishing the bottle, so that knocks the drinkability down for me.
This might be ok at a summer picnic, but it has to be ice cold. Better than Corona with lime IMHO. Not recommended even for non-beer drinkers.

2.22/5  rDev -4.3%

One of these turned up on our picnic table last time we went camping. Its been in our fridge for a little too long now so I thought I'd fix that problem.

Beer pours a light straw yellow with a small fizzy head that starts maybe a finger high and ends a thin ring. Aroma is mostly lime-like with a slight sweetness holding it up. Flavor matches with lime and sweet rice/malt. Nothing offensive if lime flavor doesn't bother you. Mouthfeel is thin, with a very mild bitterness that comes majorly from the lime flavor. Carbonation is appropriate. This is drinkable I suppose. Nothing really makes me want another though. I'm kind of craving something more delightfully hoppy now...

If I'm in the mood for easy drinking lime taste in the future there's a strong chance I'll be going for some kind of tequila drink instead of one of these concoctions.

3.17/5  rDev +36.6%

Typical Bud pale gold color. Atypical aroma however, like a drive-in limeade. Little head, that quickly fades and no lacing at all. Surprisingly natural lime flavors, not like the candy/artificial I was expecting. Medium/light body, higher carbonation. This is akin to a girly drink. Think Smirnoff Ice. It will probably be a hit with underfed, tanorexic girls in LA/Miami.

2.4/5  rDev +3.4%

This is Bud Light with artificial lime flavor. The color was like you'd expect. Smelled like artificial limes. Taste was Bud Light with artificial lime flavor. Thin mouthfeel. The only thing going for it is the quaffability. Goes down like water. Tried one to say I tried it and that's it.

2.54/5  rDev +9.5%

A. Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into a glass. A bit of head forms and is gone in a matter of minutes.

S. A pleasing lime-ade smell. I am not expecting this to taste like a normal beer.

T. A lime soda beer. Initial grittyness of a bud followed by a wave of lime that lasts long after the swollow.

M. Light, watery, highly carbonated. Soda-like feel.

D. It is what it is. I am making a sacrifice in the name of advocating. I do not advocate this unless you cannot make your mind up between having a beer or a Sprite.

3.65/5  rDev +57.3%

Tried the Bud Light Lime for the very first time. The color of the beer is the same as most standard Budweiser products, but you can taste a little hint of lime in the beer. The lime taste is very subitle, but is also felt. This beer is very drinkable.

2.03/5  rDev -12.5%

I cannot believe that I just gave an AB beer that high of rankings. The only other AB beer I can remember worth mentioning is Bare Knuckle Stout (even thought I have not had it in three or so years).

Honestly, this was not as horrible as I thought it would be. It far surpassed both Bud Light and Miller Chill.

I wouldn't turn it down if it were free....

2.35/5  rDev +1.3%

A - golden straw yellow, frothy white 1" head that diminished quickly

S - sprite-ish, lemonade, ginger ale, corn

T - watered down sprite mixed with ginger ale with a weird corn husk taste. No hops detected

M - very light, heavy carbonation, watery

D - drinkable but somewhat bland. I chugged one of these bottles in about 30 seconds and then grabbed a Victory Storm King to enjoy.

Overall - very disappointing... oh wait, it's another macro lager so I shouldn't be. Very bland and watery. Not worth the money. I'd probably chug it if it was free. I'd rather have a Labatt Blue Light.

2.7/5  rDev +16.4%

Poured a bottle of this into a shaker glass.

A: Pours a clear, straw-yellow body with no head or lacing of note.

S: Smells of limes and salt. Reminds more of a margarita than a beer.

T: Despite the "lime" in the name, kind of tasted more like a mojito with a mintness to it and salt definitely brings itself to the forefront of taste here. Nothing overwhelming.

M: A light, crisp, and refreshing mouthfeel that was pretty good and quite enjoyable for a summer beer. Bonus point here.

D: A fairly drinkable beer, but mostly due to the mouthfeel. An easy beer that does not take much to drink. The slight saltiness with a refreshing mint/lime taste made this beer very easy to drink. Decent overall, but nothing major and I can't say I would make this one a beer of choice in the future.

2.15/5  rDev -7.3%

Looks like any other yellow American lager. That's neither good or bad.

This is poor beer, though. The lime flavor tastes like cheap citrus candy mixed with grainy beer. Nothing about this beer feels, looks, or tastes natural. It's just not supposed to be like this. Was that salt I tasted? Is this a beer or a happy hour margarita?

I guess I can agree that it's light enough to go down easy on a warm summer day.

1.4/5  rDev -39.7%

Pours a light golden color with about a half inch of fizzy white head that disappears almost instantly.

The lime scent dominates, also a little yeast.

It tastes like water with lime, it only started to taste like beer after I swallowed it.

Very light-bodied, very thin, very watery, almost no carbonation.

Not drinkable. This is basically alcoholic seltzer water with lime.

2.82/5  rDev +21.6%

Hmm, must have liked another beer companies idea? Another lime 'kinda-beer'. I give this about the same rating as Miller Chill, but each have a little individuality. BL-L has less carbonation and is a little more drinkable. Personally I don't think it has as much flavor as MC. Give it a try however, not a terrible summer treat on rare occasion.

2.95/5  rDev +27.2%

Too sweet. I would rather take a real lime and squeeze it into a bud light. Its still a good light beer that sits well and goes down very easily, I just would not be able to take more than one or two without my stomach getting upset from the sweetness.
Give it a shot.

2.53/5  rDev +9.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Looks like every other US lager.

The aroma is lime candy. In your face, distilled essence of lime without other aroma qualities to interfere. Sure, it probably is real lime essence, it says it is, but so highly processed that maybe I would just prefer a lime wedge in my bud light. One doesn't expect any hops in BL and there certainly aren't any in BL-Lime

The taste is candy, too. Very sweet. Refreshing in the way that pop is, actually, it might be better than pop, but it seems fake. Again, it's the processed candy flavor that I am fighting with. Lacks the acidic twang of real fruit.

2.25/5  rDev -3%

Poured from a 22 oz bottle into pint glass. I tasted this along with Miller Chill as part of a side by side comparison for fun.

A - Pale yellow, with a half inch or less of head that disappears just as quickly as it forms.

S - Bud Light has no real smell to speak of, so what we're left with is a candy-like lime aroma that while pleasant, isn't the first thing I want to put in my mouth.

T - Bud Light has no real flavor either, certainly nothing can withstand the onslaught of lime. The strangely sweet lime flavor is all that sticks out, though it tastes more like lime peel rather than the actual fruit of the time. Flat tonic water that a lime peel has been soaking in is what this tastes like. It's not really bad, but there is absolutely nothing to it.

M - Almost no carbonation. Thin and watery. I could deal with it being watery, but why this brew is so flat is beyond me.

D - This isn't a horrible beer, but it isn't very good either. Instead of even attempting to harmonize the lime flavor with the beer, the lime is the driving force and offers up nothing interesting.

By leaps and bounds I prefered the Miller Chill. There was a better balance of added flavors, the base beer itself is better, and best of it's not flat like Bud Light Lime.

2.9/5  rDev +25%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

Had this at a concert...
Appearance- well it was kind of dark, but I did manage to get a cup... straw yellow, one finger head that runs away quickly.
Smell and taste are quite similar. It is nothing more than Bud Light with a small squirt of lime. Honestly, I don't think it tastes anything like Corona or Dos Equis.
Mouthfeel is light as hell.
Drinkability is pretty good and refreshing.

My sister likes this stuff, and I have read lots of varying opinions on it, so I stole a single from the six pack I bought her. Pours a clear straw color, and a tight white head that eventually becomes a ring of lace around the glass. Aroma is similar to how a Corona smells after putting a lime in. The lime smell does have a certain generic quality about it. Besides that not a whole lot going on in the smell department. Taste is dominated by the lime, but also has some salt and cereal grains. Feel is light, and could use some more carbonation. Drinkability isn't half bad; I would take this over a regular Bud Light most likely. Anheiser Busch has created an average beer that has some clever marketing behind it. Lime flavored nachos with salsa on the side sounds like a good pairing. Cheers

Bud Light Lime from Anheuser-Busch