Budweiser American Ale - Anheuser-Busch

Budweiser American AleBudweiser American Ale

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Amber / Red Ale |  5.30% ABV

(Beer added by: KI9A on 06-08-2008)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Budweiser American Ale Alström Bros

Thunderchief, May 22, 2012

Tom-Peters, Mar 01, 2012

redoak075, Feb 04, 2012

FriedGold2112, May 02, 2012
1.15/5  rDev -63.3%

This product has the qualities of being engineered in a lab to take market share from Sierra Nevada, Alpha King and Dogfish. I can qualify this beer by the Monty Python joke - why is this beer like sex in a canoe - it's f..in' close to water. Its not offensive but it has no character. My advice to BUD is to divert the capital used for marketing into product development.

I wanted so much to give BUD the benefit of the doubt but I have buyers remorse. I am returning this to the store and complaining to the store manager. I am not slamming the beer so much as I am tired of inferior beer from Bud. They monopolize shelf space with, INHO, an inferior product.

Thank you Beer Advocate and all those that look to this web site for the truth about beer.
I raise my glass for great American upstarts and 3 cheers for better beer.

To anyone considering this beer, spend a couple of more greenbacks and try a real craft American Ale. I promise you your life will change for the better. Keep it simple BUD = DUD. Look at it this way - you work hard for your beer budget - why not try better beer. Bud and the INBEV corporation do not care about better beer - they simply care about better margins. Bud is the Walmart of beer. Low prices, low quality, bad experience.

gusdabrew, Dec 31, 2011

cwd, Jul 24, 2012

chefduff2, Jan 05, 2013

Lare453, Mar 22, 2013
1.4/5  rDev -55.3%

I was at Green Mill tonight and was looking for a good beer to have with my pizza. They didn't have many options other than a few macros. I have recently heard of the Budweiser American Ale as being a "reasonable" macro brew to try. I should have known better than to try this, as I hate Bud and Bud Light.

The beer starts out looking pretty damn good. It pours a beautiful amber color with a stong white head atop. The beer didn't even seem overcarbonated, like most macro lagers. With an unexpected excitement, I drew the glass closer to experience the aroma. Unfortunately there was nothing there. I tried and tried, but couldn't good anything. Then after I swirled it for awhile, I finally got something. A strong aroma of fusel alcohol and unpleasant esters hit my nose. Not one hop or malt aroma, like an amber ale should have. With reservation, I took a drink. Once again there was nothing, other than what I hate about macro lagers. I could taste fusel alcohol, inappropriate esters, no hops, no malts, and just horrible nothingness. On the upside it didn't make me gag. It was more like an unpleasant glass of water. The mouthfeel was ok, but a little light.

Overall, this was a pretty terrible beer. It looked good initially. Actually I was very excited to begin with. Perhaps this is why it fell so far down. The aroma was not only non-existent, it was foul. The flavor was much of the same. The mouthfeel was a little closer to the style, but couldn't salvage this beer. I will never buy this beer again. I don't even know if I would drink it for free. It is blasphemous to good craft beers that are out there. Budweiser really needs to try harder if they want to make a good craft brew. Maybe they should stop trying to please the masses and really try to make a quality product. In the end, I hate to bash beer, but I hope this review helps others save some money and try to find a beer that is actually worthwhile.

brewdoc75, Nov 21, 2008
1.43/5  rDev -54.3%

Much better than regular Budweiser. It actually has a nice balanced taste with an amber overtone that is more flavorful than regular Budweiser.

Nowhere near the best tasting beer, but an improvement and for being a cheaper beer there are far worse to drink.

JohnnyMc, Feb 16, 2012

Lang44, Jan 16, 2012

jwmarcum, Feb 15, 2012

JDeming, Jun 30, 2014

Bootyclap, Nov 16, 2012

OldTime, Mar 09, 2012

LouDogg114, Jan 30, 2012
1.53/5  rDev -51.1%

i didnt go into this already knowing i would hate it or think i would hate it. Pours a light copper color with a weak white head. slight hop aroma, but more of a sugary smell. It tastes like regular bud with molasses added in and more of a hop taste than the regular bud, but i would rather drink the regular bud than ever drink this again. Drank 1/2 of it anyway.

Went back to the bar that had 2 weeks later. Figured what the hell and give it a 2nd try, same thing. Sorry, it is gross.

beernut, Apr 19, 2009
1.54/5  rDev -50.8%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 1

It smelled ok, but this beer had nothing at all on the back end. It was absolutely horrible. I bought a six pack and tried one and thought it sucked. I waited until another day to try the second one just in case there was something wrong with my taste buds. The second was just as bad as the first and it confirmed my belief that this beer was undrinkable. Pass on this one, it was the only beer I have ever poured down the sink to get rid of.

Carl_R, Jul 27, 2013
1.56/5  rDev -50.2%

LoganMc, Oct 28, 2014
1.6/5  rDev -48.9%

JayNat, Sep 05, 2014
1.63/5  rDev -47.9%

Ok what the hell were they thinking when they tried dropping this one on us... The tv commercials hyped it up so much with its "carmel malt flavors and cascade hops" They were wrong... The beer smells and tastes almost just like any other bud or bud light I have ever tried... There may have been bit of a more malty flavor there, but no hops for me! Overall don't try it unless someone is paying for it; because it's a waste of yours!

Jerzy86, Sep 24, 2008