O'Doul's - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Low Alcohol Beer |  0.50% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-29-2002

O'Doul's and O'Doul's Amber are non-alcohol malt beverages.

O’Doul’s has a mild, sweet taste with a slightly dry finish. O’Doul’s Amber has a rich, slightly sweet taste with flavorful hop finish.

O’Doul’s and O’Doul’s Amber are brewed as traditional premium beers – fermented and aged to full maturity. The alcohol is then removed through the use of low temperature, low-pressure distillation. This extremely gentle process allows the alcohol to be removed without heating or cooking the beer, which retains the full, rich and delicate flavor and balance of our non-alcohol brews.
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of O'Doul's Alström Bros
Ratings: 493 | Reviews: 168

They claim there is no alcohol, but there is. They claim it is a beer but I have my doubts. Is this brewed for 12 step programs or for giving to people you don't want at your party? I tried it and found it bland, tasteless. I think this is the water they use to wash out the brewing barrels.

First had: bottle from ?

Why would you ever drink this ever? Correct answer: no reason. If you need a drink, have some water.

Pours a clear, pale yellow, fizzy with carbonation, and a thin layer of fizzy bubbles for a head. Almost nothing in the smell, other than skunk and old grain husks. Taste is of stale Cheerios marinated in old bathwater, except thinner. Very light bodied, and pretty hard to choke down, especially when you remember that you won't get drunk at all by drinking this, so it won't get better with the more you drink.

I guess this product is supposed to satisfy the taste of a cheap American brew? It is horrible to the point that I couldn't even finish it! I know... You are probably asking why I would even indulge in this beverage??? Well... ? But I know I had the disadvantage of pouring this product into my glass for one reason or another. It isn't even for the lack of alcohol, the taste is just plain bland and unpleasant. I guess if you're looking for a substitute of a cheap horrible brew, this works? Anywhooooo ... Avoid this!

1.02/5  rDev -48.7%

Not a good beer. Just wanted to tick the style.

1.06/5  rDev -46.7%

Please stop calling this beer.

1.1/5  rDev -44.7%

I'm still confused as to who drinks this and why. I actually remember seeing a pregnant lady drinking one of these. Is that safe? I still don't know the answer.

There is nothing to like or dislike about this beer.

What beer drinkers drink when their not drinkin' beer.

1.1/5  rDev -44.7%

I finally broke down and tried one of these they were giving away at the Convention Center in Anaheim during a reception. Any curiosity I had is now sated. I'll get more wine instead next time I have the choice. How could anyone like this? By definition this is not really even beer.

1.11/5  rDev -44.2%

Grabbed one from my buddies fridge as I was walking out the door one early morning. He bought it for his pregnant wife, but she thought it was nasty so it sat there in the back of his fridge. "What a great opportunity to be able to check off this category without wasting any money" I thought to myself so here I am drinking what is in essence a decent looking N/A brew that contains no taste and aroma. Pours a golden yellow color with intense carbonation and a frothy head that lasts. The appearance is very nice, better than Bud, Busch, and their light cousins. Aroma is non-existent the only scent I can muster is cardboard. Mouthfeel is a bit creamy but that's about it. The flavor is also absent from this one. Overall a weak beer, but I wasn't expecting anything special.

1.13/5  rDev -43.2%

Originally reviewed on September 24, 2005. 12 Oz Bottle. Barely yellow pour, with a huge head of white. Greasy skank aroma. I’ve drank water with more flavor. Can I give this negative flavor points? I’ll give it a 2, because it’s not entirely offensive. Finish hurts though, with stinging corn fusels. Damn glad to get this style out of the way.

1.13/5  rDev -43.2%

Surprised that the ABV is that high, actually.

Pours a clear looking yellow. Foamy, sudsy head. No real smell to speak of, just a whiff of vegetable and ... I don't know what.

Taste has some malt sweetness, but it's too sugary. Nothing else there in this watery, bland, horrid substance.

Not beer.

1.15/5  rDev -42.2%

Tasted in Las Vegas.

Very nice bottle with an elegant old-world label.

Beer is very pale, with quickly dying carbonation and short-living head.

Smell is something from another world - sweetish, completely artificial. Start is sweet, too, body very thin (if there is any body at all), finish bitterish, synthetic, aftertaste of something like cardboard.

But the bottle is very nice... Have I said it before? Sorry.

1.2/5  rDev -39.7%

12 fl oz can served into an imperial pint glass in high altitude Castle Rock, Colorado. Reviewed live. Expectations couldn't be lower.

A: I gave it a vigorous pour resulting in a two finger head of no cream whatsoever, terrible thickness (it's thin as Lara Flynn Boyle), and decent retention. Colour is a transparent yellow. Appears overcarbonated judging by the bubble quantity and activity.

Sm: Straw and generic malt. A light scent.

T: Straw and water. Some wretchedly handled malt is present as well. Bleh. Simple boring generic crap.

Mf: Wet and nastily coarse. Bleh. Doesn't suit the "flavour" at all.

Dr: Please.

1.21/5  rDev -39.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

This was given to me by a friend. I never pass up free beer (alcohol or not) so I obliged.

Oh man. Ohhhhhh man. This is revolting. At least with adjunct beers you can get a buzz after a while, but this? This is just hell. I actually got a headache from drinking this.

I expected a fair amount of "skunk" but there simply wasn't any. There wasn't anything. It was just flat, beer flavored ginger ale.

Gross.

1.22/5  rDev -38.7%

12 oz. glass bottle- color of pale yellow, with a light white head - nose of skunk, corn, slight banana, but barely smells like anything resembling a “beer” - taste of sweet white corn, some bitterness, and bubble gum- no body super watery, and with light carbonation – aftertaste of slightly bitter, and candy

1.23/5  rDev -38.2%

wow. i should have ordered a diet coke or ice water or dirty dish water...poured not bad. little head was quickly gone. smell was kinda odd but not much to smell. the taste - gawdalfull! man i will never have this again.

i dont do LA or NA so tis my own fault for having this one. and to think i had to pay for it!!!

blah!

giblet

1.27/5  rDev -36.2%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Sometimes it's better to just quit cold turkey

1.35/5  rDev -32.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Pours clear pale yellow, with a small white head which has fair retention and leaves spotty lacing.the aroma has some grain and not much else. Very bland.

Tastes slightly sweet with some grain and not much else. I didn't expect much, but O'Doul's found a way to deliver even less. Beyond bland.

Extremely light bodied with average carbonation. I can't say this beer is horrible because of bad taste. It is horrible because it has no taste. I was curious to try this once and now I know. I will avoid in the future.

1.38/5  rDev -30.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

When I poured this beer into my glass, it poured a large white creamy head with small-medium sized bubbles.The body was clear with carbonation and the hue was yellow.There was good lacing with this beer.The flavor was relatively smooth and the mouthfeel was watery and thin.

1.38/5  rDev -30.7%
look: 1.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Really pretty unpleasant. A relative who doesn't drink alcohol left one of these at my house and I thought I'd review it. Ocassionally I've had one of these when I was on painkillers and couldn't drink. I'd say there were better low to non alcohol beers out there. Pours an extremely yellow color with lots of bubbles but no head. The smell is really awful, like the bottom of a trash can. Rotting vegetables. The taste is just beareable, with lots of corny flavors and a kind of soapiness. The mouthfeel is partly crisp,partly soapy with little body. Just barely drinkable- if you have to. If you are looking for a .5% beer, this will do in a pinch, but try a german or even kaliber for something marginally better. If you merely want a low alcohol beer, try a Berliner kindl weiss at 2.5%

1.42/5  rDev -28.6%
look: 2 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Flat. Not unlike most AB beers with skunkiness.

1.43/5  rDev -28.1%

Appearance: There was a quick dissipating head that was very disappointing to see; however, there was ample carbonation and a decent color that fit the brew.

Smell: This beer had a tinge of skunky smell that was a severe disappointment.

Taste: Surprisingly, not as bad as the smell, but not great either. It was very bland.

Mouthfeel: The carbonation was this beer's saving grace; however, like many large distribution beers, this beer tasted watered down.

Overall: This was my first low alcohol beer and my expectations were somewhat met concerning it. The biggest disappointment was the smell. The greatest attribute was the heavy carbonation which successfully served as a helpful reminder that you were drinking a beer, despite its low alcohol content.

1.43/5  rDev -28.1%

Pours a light fizzy yellow color w/ a sliver of a white head. Looks like soda to me. Nose is corn, grain, and malt. Very weak, and really not much there. Taste is mainly grain, with weak malt. Very weak, and fairly horrid. Feel is undercarbonated, fizzy and horrible aftertaste. Ugh. Overall, I wouldn't recommend anyone try this, unless you enjoy the style.

1.43/5  rDev -28.1%

This was my first and only non alcoholic beer ever. I just can't justify this over water. It looks ok with a yellow color and faint tan head. Neither the nose or taste are anything worth while. Bland bitter grains. The body is light and fizzy like soda. I really will never drink this again.

1.43/5  rDev -28.1%

sampled out of sheer morbid curiosity (fiancee's father is diabetic).

pale straw yellow in color, white head has sprite-like appearance before it disappears.

aroma is metallic cereal and grain, cut grass or hay, and wierd corny sweetness

taste is similar, yet even more diluted. beer flavored seltzer. like a malto goya but less sweet

razor thin body and diet soda mouthfeel. if you can not drink beer, stick to water, it's better than this.

1.44/5  rDev -27.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

i really don't understand the point of non-alcoholic brew, but i'll try anything, so here goes: actually poured a nicer colour than expected. still piss yellow all the same but slightly deeper than the standard a-b piss yellow. that's the only thing going for this one, which isn't very impressive. the green bottle brought the exoected skunky flavouring, which prevailed over any other tastes here, which were pretty much non-existant save for a slight hint of maltiness every now and again. watery, watery, watery. not very enjoyable. kinda like (bad) beer flavoured seltzer water.

O'Doul's from Anheuser-Busch