1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

O'Doul's - Anheuser-Busch

O'Doul'sO'Doul's

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Low Alcohol Beer |  0.50% ABV

O'Doul's and O'Doul's Amber are non-alcohol malt beverages.

O’Doul’s has a mild, sweet taste with a slightly dry finish. O’Doul’s Amber has a rich, slightly sweet taste with flavorful hop finish.

O’Doul’s and O’Doul’s Amber are brewed as traditional premium beers – fermented and aged to full maturity. The alcohol is then removed through the use of low temperature, low-pressure distillation. This extremely gentle process allows the alcohol to be removed without heating or cooking the beer, which retains the full, rich and delicate flavor and balance of our non-alcohol brews.

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-29-2002)
View: Beers (75) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of O'Doul's Alström Bros
Ratings: 347 | Reviews: 151 | Show All Ratings:
alleykatking

Indiana

1.63/5  rDev -20.9%

Poured from 12oz bottle.

A- Pours a very light straw yellow color. One finger white head shows medium retention leaving a small collar on the beer itself. Very light streaks of lace on the sides of the glass.

S- Sweet bready malts and cereal grain. Not much else really going on here that I can tell. It's not really appealing to me although I didn't expect it to be.

T- Sweet bready malts in the front of this clashes with a cereal corn off flavor. Alcohol like flavor comes in but it also coats the tongue in a weird flavor I can't place my finger on. Light hop flavor on the backend with a hint of metallic tinge toward the final ending.

M- Light mouthfeel. Carbonation is good for the style I suppose. Sweet malts and cereal grain left on the palate. Aftertaste is mostly sweet hints of malts and alcohol (which there is so little) along with cereal grains. Light drying on the palate but it's not from the alcohol. Metallic off flavors which are common in a lot of BMC products I know. Flavors are balanced for the style.

D- This beer is not bad for what it is suppose to be. My palate though after first sip started to feel this weird numbing feeling which is why I rated it as low as I did. Not a beer I want to visit again but glad I tried it at least once.

01-19-2011 02:02:30 | More by alleykatking
DrJay

1.65/5  rDev -19.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 2 | overall: 1.5

12 oz green bottle.
Crystal clear, light gold colour with a quickly dissipating cap of white foam. A thin collar is supported by a constant stream of bubbles, seems highly carbonated, and there was a bit of transient lacing. Strong aroma of cooked veggies, very sulfury, quite unpleasant. Low bitterness with a sticky malt sweetness. Not much in the way of flavour beyond sharp mineral notes at the end. Light bodied and dry, watery and thin, with lots of carbonation. I didn't expect much and I wasn't surprised. I don't ever expect to have this again.

07-16-2010 23:05:25 | More by DrJay
scaliasux

Wisconsin

1.7/5  rDev -17.5%

Appearance - Pale clear yellow. Short soapy white head that dissipates quickly. A little flat looking, but otherwise appears to conform to standard.

Smell - Mildly offensive. (Possibly skunked, but all of the O'Doul's I've had have the same odor.) Not really a beer odor. Maybe some lemony hops.

Taste - Not nearly as bad as it smells. Very light. Malt flavors are practically undetectable. Just the slightest taste of citrusy hops at the finish. Comperable to a squeeze of lemon juice in a carbonated water. Not exactly disgusting, but this could be much better.

Mouthfeel - Very light, watery. Carbonated bite. Appears pretty standard.

Drinkability - The style is insipid and the beer is nothing special. I guess one could drink this if one had to, but I don't.

03-21-2007 03:55:10 | More by scaliasux
civilizedpsycho

1.7/5  rDev -17.5%

Poured bottle into mug.

Appearance: Very pale color that is very clear. It did have a good head.

Smell: Pretty bland. Some very mild malt smells, but not much to speak of.

Taste: Very bland. Frankly, it tastes kind of like water.

Mouthfeel: Very thin and watery.

Drinkability: While this might not be the worst thing in the world, I just kept asking myself: What's the point? Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the taste of beer, but if it's not getting me somewhat buzzed, I just don't see the point. For pure taste, this isn't bad; for beer, I wouldn't drink it again.

07-30-2009 03:58:09 | More by civilizedpsycho
Zorro

1.73/5  rDev -16%

Pours a clear yellow brew with lots of carbonation.

Smell is just a little grain smell, not good or bad.

Taste is pretty watery and a little sour. No hop flavor detected.

Mouthfeel is weak, fizzy water.

Drinkability is watery, better than some NA beers but, not quite as good as a Budweiser.

04-18-2004 01:34:07 | More by Zorro
berserker256

1.73/5  rDev -16%

Come on... COME ON! Why am I even reviewing this? I bought a six pack for my pregnant wife because she missed her beer so much. I figured, "what the hell" I may as well see what it tastes like so I drank one. Geez. I would describe it as a potion of 78% Bud Light and 22% water. It's more watered down than any light beer I've ever had. Natural Light could kick this "beer's" ass.

In all fairness, though, it IS a nonalcoholic beer. It would be like buying a Yugoslavian compact car and expecting Corvette performance. I guess it fulfills it's purpose. If you're a pregnant woman with no other option, a raging recovering drunk, or a tutu-wearing fourth-grade girl.... This is the beer for you.

08-22-2007 03:24:14 | More by berserker256
Bendurgin

Maine

1.73/5  rDev -16%

Snagged a botte the other day because it was a dollar for the single and I thought it was a great idea. Poured into a pint glass. Pours a hazy golden color with a fizzy white head that settles quickly. Lots of visible carbonation.

Standard BMC lager aroma here. Corn and that beer aroma that you would associate with the big guys. So well all know how adjunct lagers kind of suck by nature. And how light lagers tend to suck even more by nature. Just make those suck a lot more and this is what you've got. Flavorless swill is all I'm drinking right now. There is a very faint sweet corn flavor and it's a little bitter to the end but this is just no thrills at all.

Standard feel here. Light body with lots of carbonation. The problem is I can taste it when it's in my mouth.

Seriously, I want my dollar back.

07-19-2011 01:41:49 | More by Bendurgin
SetarconeX

1.75/5  rDev -15%

I actually didn't buy this with any intention of drinking more than a single bottle of the six pack. I buy non-alcoholics specifically for the purpose of cooking with them, so I won't have to sack something I'd rather drink. If you must drink it, however, you could do a lot worse. It's certainly drinkable, which is what you're really looking for in a non-alcoholic anyway. A friend of mine claimed it tasted like "watered down weasel piss," which is probably a fair assessment, but unfortunately that's just enough to make it one of the best of it's kind.

08-05-2003 04:13:38 | More by SetarconeX
Mistofminn

1.75/5  rDev -15%

I figured it was around time to review a N/A beer. Had this at my girlfriends family Halloween party. Not sure if any of them actually enjoy this, or if someone is an alcoholic...

Yes, I poured this into a can, and yes my girlfriends family thought I was insane. Color is piss water, and not piss water after you've been backpacking all day and your dehydrated, piss water after a long night of drinking...yea...the clear kind. This is more clear than it is yellow. Actually does have some head to it, with sad - but noticeable retention. I actually see a tiny bit of lacing.

The nose is very grainy. I think...possibly...I can detect some sort of hop addition here. Maybe not, maybe I'm smelling the person next to me's beer. This is almost like Miller Lite, in that it "smells like real beer." That line cracks me up.

The taste is uber light, watered down, what have you. Very grainy (comparitively speaking) with a light hop-like flavor. Thats about it, nothing to talk about.

Mouthfeel is light, no kidding. A reasonably high carbonation leads to a crisp bite in the mouthfeel, and it finishes clean. This is definitely drinkable, but I don't know that I could ever drink this often.

I see this beers better qualities. It does have some flavor, and it does do some characteristics good. I can't imagine it's easy (but I really don't know so I could be wrong) to make a N/A beer. I see this brew for what it is. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

11-02-2009 05:55:14 | More by Mistofminn
BeerKangaroo

Alaska

1.75/5  rDev -15%

After hockey game freebie (though I`ve had this many times over the years):

In a pint glass:

A: super clear light yellow body yields a half finger head that immediately dies, streams of bubbles rise at a moderate pace, lacing tries to cling here and there but slides then stops repeatedly

S: cooked corn, rice, light malts

T: bland cooked corn slightly sweet but construed as off-putting

M: do I really have to say something here, look at the abv and you tell me if this is sesssionable, just too light, kinda makes Bud Light look like a heavy beer

O: this is a "low alcohol beer" by style, so I`m wondering is it necessary to go any further other than - good for style but not one I would seek out, and yes I pounded this b/c my body was craving after hockey calories

02-27-2013 05:34:13 | More by BeerKangaroo
Knapp85

1.78/5  rDev -13.6%

I wanted to try this, honestly I expected a lot worse. This brew wasn't overly tasteless. It tasted like most American Lagers do. It has a golden yellow color, has the flavor of a regular pale lager. Surprisingly enough this beer is a pretty good choice for someone who can't have much alcohol. For me though, I won't need to seek this out again unless it's for a prank on someone or something like that.

03-20-2011 18:15:51 | More by Knapp85
dbrauneis

1.86/5  rDev -9.7%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

A: Pours a clear straw yellow in color with moderate amounts of active visible carbonation streaming from the bottom of the glass and some faint hints of golden yellow highlights. The beer has a two finger tall sudsy white head that reduces to a medium sized patch of thick film along with a medium thick ring at the edges of the glass. Moderate amounts of lacing are observed.

S: Light to moderate aromas of corn adjuncts and hints of some sweetness.

T: Light flavors of cereal grains with some hints of honey sweetness and corn adjuncts. There is something strangely chemically amount the flavor of this beer. Light amounts of bitterness which lingers.

M: Light bodied with moderate amounts of carbonation. Thin and watery.

O: Not one of my favorite Low Alcohol Beers - the strange chemical/medicinal quality to the taste of the beer is off-putting and I was not a fan of the honey addition. Would not grab another one of these.

09-29-2013 22:50:10 | More by dbrauneis
Halcyondays

1.88/5  rDev -8.7%

12 oz. green bottle,

A: Pours a pale yellow, looks like a typical macro lager, but it's got a really nice head initially, but by the end of the glass, it retreats to nothing.

S: Very light, faint smell of malt and hops, though skunk is the predominate smell.

T: Very light, like the smell, some faint malt taste and corn, but that is it.

M: Light, like water almost, with some carbonation, has a bit of a beer body.

D: Good if you want a beer but don't want the alcohol, easy to drink, since it is basically nothing more than malt-flavoured soda water, but I usually want something with a little more body and flavour.

09-16-2007 23:01:14 | More by Halcyondays
metter98

1.88/5  rDev -8.7%

A: The beer is clear straw yellow in color and has a slight amount of visible carbonation.
S: There are very light aromas of corn adjunct malts in the nose.
T: The taste has notes of corn adjuncts with a slight chemical-like flavor and lingering hints of Honey Nut Cheerios in the finish.
M: It feels light-bodied, thin and watery on the palate with a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This beer is easy to drink but is rather watery and has done unusual hints of honey.

12-22-2012 01:26:50 | More by metter98
jera1350

1.9/5  rDev -7.8%

Pale yellow with a thin fizzy head that leave no lacing at all.

Nearly foul smelling. Canned corn and white rice smell. Grainy and semi-skunky smelling.

Not putrid, but not good either. Lightly sweet and watered down grain taste. Very bland and unfresh tasting.

Thin and watery. Nothing else to report here.

Definitely not something I want to drink ever again. I would rather have a glass of water than this.

08-03-2010 22:50:43 | More by jera1350
adamette

1.93/5  rDev -6.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 4.5

Live Review. Odouls poured from a can into a clean, clear glass. "Premium & Extra Smooth"

A Big fluffy head over a straw yellow body with carbonation rising up. Basic look.

S Kind of a fakey pilsner smell, not entirely off putting, some grains.

T The least amount of taste of any beer that I have had. Really, it is water with some grains, maybe some pilsner grains? I have an obligation to give this the lowest rating that I can due to it almost non existent taste.

M Very light indeed. I may even detect a hint of syrupy stickiness but I am really searching for something interesting here.

D Excellent but I will not be testing its drinkability anytime soon.

05-07-2009 23:16:20 | More by adamette
nukem5

1.93/5  rDev -6.3%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

Went thru a time where "GASP" I could not have beer and well drank all the N/A beer and well lets just say it was a dark period in my life.

A: Very light in appearance and lots of carbonation.

S: Smelled very light in hops and hopeful.

T: It tasted like a light big company beer,very indiferent.

M: Taste like big beer done lighter than light.

D: It was drinkable and I thank God that time has passed and now can fully enjoy real beers.

02-10-2010 23:19:28 | More by nukem5
mikebraun1225

1.94/5  rDev -5.8%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

tried it out of the can not so good. could not even finish it. would not recommend this. if you are looking for a NA beer St. Pauli NA ok but I like heavy beers like KaliberI wish they would make a NA beer. Kaliber is made by Kaliber should be a good beer. Malta is a good NA beer is has many good reviews.

03-24-2014 15:30:19 | More by mikebraun1225
Rootdog316

1.95/5  rDev -5.3%

This malt beverage pours with a slight tawny colored head, and crisp aroma. It has a light amber color and good carbonation. It has a light malty taste, with a slight hint of caramel without the bite of alcoholic beer. However, it does not have the full-bodied, robust flavor of alcoholic beer, which results in a somewhat weak flavor as compared to alcoholic beer.

09-02-2007 18:08:30 | More by Rootdog316
THECPJ

Delaware

1.95/5  rDev -5.3%

Reviewed from notes

Appearnace: very pale, with a slight yellow tinge, minimal head, no lacing

Smell: faint malts/breadiness, skunky

Taste: bland, watered down, a bit skunked or maybe that's how it actually tastes

Mouthfeel: it had bubbles, while weak, they were there, very light

Drinkability: shared this beer with the Montpellier Domino Club Beer Drinking Pigs; they enjoyed it much more immensely than I!

Cheers!
The CPJ

03-04-2011 01:34:04 | More by THECPJ
BeerFMAndy

Wisconsin

1.98/5  rDev -3.9%

12 oz can poured into an American Tumbler Pint. 0.5% ABV, Born on date of 16Jun04 (yes, '04...this will be fun!) Thanks to my girlfriend's parents for this "cellared" can. Lol.

A - Crystal clear insanely pale yellow straw. Very effervescent. Lots of bubbles rising up to a surprisingly well-retained two-finger head. Fluffy, white, and increasingly rocky as it drops. Didn't leave any lacing on the glass though.

S - The aroma is an off-putting earthy straw and wet leaf with A LOT of rice. Yuck. It doesn't smell much like beer at all.

T - Rice. It tastes like nothing at all with a teeny splash of rice water. That is the least flavor I have ever experienced in a beer.

M - Thin, watery, and fizzy to the finish, it's the lightest thing with the word beer on the can.

D - With the age on this thing I was expecting to be close to a barf. No joke. But it's not even "bad" per se. It can't be bad when there is nothing there to be bad really. It's totally devoid of any flavor! God damn prohibition must have been awful with legal beer like this.

10-19-2009 22:19:30 | More by BeerFMAndy
zeff80

Missouri

A - Poured out a straw yellow with a white, small head. No lacing.

S - Smelled a little of corn and malt.

T - It was malty and there was an odd sweetness to it.

M - It was kind of gummy on the tongue.

D - It tasted like beer, just not like a "typical" beer. It's my first try at a NA beer so I don't have any grounds for comparison to other NAs.

08-03-2006 14:45:11 | More by zeff80
Fatehunter

Oregon

Half finger of head. Clear, golden body with a few bubbles coming up.
Smell is a strong metallic and grain.
Taste is metallic with a little bitterness. Nothing really here though.
Crisp texture. Moderate carbonation.
Probably one of the better n/a beers, but then what's the point?

11-21-2012 22:10:05 | More by Fatehunter
bditty187

Nebraska

2.03/5  rDev -1.5%

Sickly pale gold, translucent, minimal animation, underdeveloped soapy white head, no retention, no lace. The nose is uninviting, husky, grainy… funky… smells like Science Diet dog food. Rather flavorless, husky, grainy with a minimal influence of hops or malt… a whisper of cooked vegetables. Quick finish; empty… no enjoyment in drinking this one. Moderate carbonation, medium-light body, this part of O’Doul’s is decent. If you want an N/A try a Clausthaler Premium and if you’re just thirsty, drink water.

06-03-2003 13:01:09 | More by bditty187
zdk9

2.03/5  rDev -1.5%

What an odd experience- this NA beer is absolutly the cleanest going down the throat of any beer I've had. There is no bite, like a old dog without his dentures. The smell is of light bread, and the taste is slightly corny, but also slightly bready, almost as if they had soaked Wonderbread in water and then bottled it.

08-10-2007 20:43:08 | More by zdk9