O'Doul's - Anheuser-Busch

rAvg: 2
Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Low Alcohol Beer |  0.50% ABV

O'Doul's and O'Doul's Amber are non-alcohol malt beverages.

O’Doul’s has a mild, sweet taste with a slightly dry finish. O’Doul’s Amber has a rich, slightly sweet taste with flavorful hop finish.

O’Doul’s and O’Doul’s Amber are brewed as traditional premium beers – fermented and aged to full maturity. The alcohol is then removed through the use of low temperature, low-pressure distillation. This extremely gentle process allows the alcohol to be removed without heating or cooking the beer, which retains the full, rich and delicate flavor and balance of our non-alcohol brews.

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 08-29-2002)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of O'Doul's Alström Bros
2.55/5  rDev +27.5%

A- Pale amber/dark straw. foamy head. some persistance to it.
S- Slightly toasted grain. Other than that not much.
T- Grain. That's about it. Nothing offensive, but nothing actively great either.
M- Clearly thin.
D- I can imagine worse. I mean it's not much worse tasting than most light lagers out there... I just wouldn't ever drink it by choice.

jsprain1, Jan 09, 2011
2.33/5  rDev +16.5%

Poured into a shaker pint.

Appearance
Pale straw with 2 fingers of fizzy head. Excellent clarity and low carbonation.

Nose
Water with a splash of apple juice and maybe a cereal grain or two.

Taste
I can barely taste anything. It's basically seltzer water with the tiniest hint of grain and a drop of apple juice.

Mouthfeel
Light bodied with stinging carbonation.

Overall
It's not really offensive, but at this point you might as well drink a Soda. Not bad for the style though.

justintcoons, Nov 20, 2012
1.63/5  rDev -18.5%

Poured from 12oz bottle.

A- Pours a very light straw yellow color. One finger white head shows medium retention leaving a small collar on the beer itself. Very light streaks of lace on the sides of the glass.

S- Sweet bready malts and cereal grain. Not much else really going on here that I can tell. It's not really appealing to me although I didn't expect it to be.

T- Sweet bready malts in the front of this clashes with a cereal corn off flavor. Alcohol like flavor comes in but it also coats the tongue in a weird flavor I can't place my finger on. Light hop flavor on the backend with a hint of metallic tinge toward the final ending.

M- Light mouthfeel. Carbonation is good for the style I suppose. Sweet malts and cereal grain left on the palate. Aftertaste is mostly sweet hints of malts and alcohol (which there is so little) along with cereal grains. Light drying on the palate but it's not from the alcohol. Metallic off flavors which are common in a lot of BMC products I know. Flavors are balanced for the style.

D- This beer is not bad for what it is suppose to be. My palate though after first sip started to feel this weird numbing feeling which is why I rated it as low as I did. Not a beer I want to visit again but glad I tried it at least once.

alleykatking, Jan 19, 2011
3.18/5  rDev +59%

I remember having O'Douls's Amber and heading for the hills. This lighter version seems much less obtrusive.

From a 12 oz. bottle and poured into a pilsner glass, this 'beer' pours a clear straw and offers a thick and soapy head of foam. Retention is miraculously brief however, surrendering to a surface cap in a minute or so. Nonetheless I enjoyed the albeit brief ride.

Typical nose of raw grain and with no negative influences. Touch of nondescript vegetal flavors don't deter. Flavor follows suit and is light and grainy without being too thin. Feel and drink are slightly better than average for the style though there seems to be little variation in that regard in my experience. Like many of the style this is best consumed directly from the bottle or added in short increments to a glass so as to maintain a crisp carbonation.

HalfFull, Sep 23, 2009
2.25/5  rDev +12.5%

Hopmodium, May 25, 2012

RoryOMoore, Jan 25, 2012
2.25/5  rDev +12.5%

buzzy, Nov 04, 2013

Mantooth, Jan 16, 2013
2.18/5  rDev +9%

A: Pours a pale yellow color with a small head that fades quickly.

S: mild aroma of malt sweetness and grainy.

T: Taste is similar to the aroma. Mild sweetness and grain. No real bitterness and a slight aftertaste.

F: Light body, crisp and a bit refreshing. Not much else.

O: Could have been worse, decent beverage for "Duty Driver".

soju6, May 08, 2012

Damian74Shensky, Jul 13, 2014

CraigTravor, Jul 20, 2014
2.68/5  rDev +34%

Stuck in Podunk PA with nothing to drink I wander out to the grocery store after my in-laws are asleep. Of course in PA you can't buy beer in a grocery store and all the bars close early around here so the only thing sold is N/A beer at BiLow. I got O'Doul's and I won't do it again. It is not the most awful thing I have ever tasted but seriously what is the point. Other than cooking with it I see no use. Even there, it is just as cheep to get a regular cheepo beer in a can from the distributor so it doesn't save money. I don't get it? Pours clear, nothing but grain in the nose, little if any taste and very wimpy in the mouth. Simply boring!

Hope this is helpful.
Cheers!

Phatz, Jul 08, 2006

Photekut, May 18, 2013
1.93/5  rDev -3.5%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 4.5

Live Review. Odouls poured from a can into a clean, clear glass. "Premium & Extra Smooth"

A Big fluffy head over a straw yellow body with carbonation rising up. Basic look.

S Kind of a fakey pilsner smell, not entirely off putting, some grains.

T The least amount of taste of any beer that I have had. Really, it is water with some grains, maybe some pilsner grains? I have an obligation to give this the lowest rating that I can due to it almost non existent taste.

M Very light indeed. I may even detect a hint of syrupy stickiness but I am really searching for something interesting here.

D Excellent but I will not be testing its drinkability anytime soon.

adamette, May 08, 2009
1.34/5  rDev -33%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Pours clear pale yellow, with a small white head which has fair retention and leaves spotty lacing.the aroma has some grain and not much else. Very bland.

Tastes slightly sweet with some grain and not much else. I didn't expect much, but O'Doul's found a way to deliver even less. Beyond bland.

Extremely light bodied with average carbonation. I can't say this beer is horrible because of bad taste. It is horrible because it has no taste. I was curious to try this once and now I know. I will avoid in the future.

hardy008, Mar 02, 2014
2.5/5  rDev +25%

avisong, Apr 18, 2012

OldTime, Mar 09, 2012
1.25/5  rDev -37.5%

tbone1384, Nov 06, 2012
2.08/5  rDev +4%

A - Yellow and bubbly, clear and watery looking. Looks like any old macro lager to me.

S - Not much to the nose. Maybe a little waft of hops on top of a lot of ricey notes.

T - Much more full flavored than I expected , but still pretty weak. Tangy hop-like approximations of flavor really aren't that bad. I taste loads of rice, and some quinine-like tonic flavors.

M - Ultra-fizzy carbonation adds bite and crispness, and the light body is really soda-like.

D - Not as bad as I thought it would be. It's by no means good, but this is actually better than Michelob Ultra or Bud Select, and those actually have booze in them. Not a bad choice when you can't drink beer...it's better than soda!

pmcadamis, Aug 25, 2007