Michelob Ultra Dragon Fruit Peach - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.00% ABV

Beer added by: travduke on 04-09-2010

Michelob ULTRA Dragon Fruit Peach has a slightly sweet combination of exotic island fruit and hints of tree-ripened peaches.
3.41/5  rDev +55.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

I picked up a bottle of this and shared with my wife, enjoyed chilled a goblet.

the color is pale golden with thin band of white beads and moderately fast moving carbonation. The smell is very sweet and peachy with a light tropical candy odor which I suppose is dragonfruit-esque but the aroma is more fuzzy navel smelling in general. Light feel, ultra light fizzy and seltzer-like.

The flavor is similar to the scent with some tangy fruitiness and sweet essence with mild tropical juice like cooler quality with mild spritzer-like taste in comparision to other fruit lagers I guess. Overall not terrible especially if you are rating it for what it is and not a simple light lager. I would probably not buy this but it certainly fits the label and was not dissapointing when paired with sushi and wasabi. I would say poor if you are looking for a true beer, but not bad if you want a malternative. (901 characters)

3.24/5  rDev +47.9%

Poured from a clear 12 oz. bottle. Has a golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is overwhemingly of peaches, maybe a hint of dragon fruit, very sweet. Taste is rather mild, some peaches, not much to it at all. Feels light in the mouth and is very drinkable. Overall as far as light beers go, this one is better than most. (323 characters)

3.09/5  rDev +41.1%

From the 12 fl. oz. twist-off with a marking of 1167-2910629A. Sampled on March 9, 2013.

Remember to rate it on style not on reputation.

It poured pale yellow with a quick excited burst of fizzy carbonation leading to a head that fizzles quickly. So place it at average.

The aroma is full of peach esters like announced but there is a vague bready and clean hop note lingering behind it all. So a little above average.

The body is light with a slight acidity probably due to the peach zing. So a tad above average.

The taste is peached up to the max at first but there is an odd sort of lingering finish which could be due to the hops or the fruit. I will put it at average.

There are a bunch of these Michelob Ultra fruit beers out there and this one is slightly more appealing than the others I have had. But it is still a hot summer day kind of beer. (861 characters)

Appearance: 1/2 inch head, light gold in color, clear, high carbonation

Smell: peach, passionfruit, and sugar

Taste: peach, passionfruit, some malt. This almost tastes like a tropical lifesaver.

Mouthfeel: high carbonation, light bodied, very sweet

Overall: A decent fruity beverage that drinks more on the cocktail side than beer. If I wanted a low calorie fruity treat, I would pick this up. If I wanted something that tasted like beer--maybe not. I like other beers/styles better but certainly a beer to drink when I am in the mood for the style. (554 characters)

2.83/5  rDev +29.2%

I loves me some dragon fruit. Thanks Bobby. Ticked in the street in front of my house.

A: The pour is, you won't guess, just like the other Michelob Ultra fruit flavors: pale yellow with a short lived white head.

S: Definitely some dragon fruit aroma, but the peach really overshadows everything else. Sweet and sugary, sort of like those Peach-Os candies.

T: Unfortunately, the fizz also victimizes this beer. A little more robust flavor than the raspberry-pomegranate could muster, though. The dragon fruit flavor is nice, and the peach candy flavor is somewhat minimized by the carbonation.

M: Again, highly carbonated to the point where it's sort of a joke, and the body is incredibly light.

D: Again, you might as well just buy a bottle of fruit flavored tonic water. This isn't really much different. Plus, you might be able to get a Diet variety and save yourself a few calories. (891 characters)

2.7/5  rDev +23.3%

Saw this at a little event and saw the word Dragon and decided to give it a try. Very light color, drank it straight from the bottle as there were no glasses around. If I had my eyes closed I would not guess that I was drinking a beer. It tased like juice and was not all that bad. If you're into fruity drinks, give this a shot. It won't fill you up and it was quite refreshing on a hot summer afternoon. (405 characters)

2.56/5  rDev +16.9%
look: 2.25 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Like the hippies of yore, I will try anything once.

The fizziness of both the pour and the head reminded me of soda pop. Color was a light, pale yellow with NE-quality clarity. I have micturated darker than this! Nose was peachy all right, but I do not know what the dragon fruit was supposed to add to the equation. Mouthfeel was thin and watery and the flavor reminded me of peach ice cream. Finish was semi-sweet, kind of refreshing on a humid day. This was an interesting curiosity for me and not much more. It was better than some of the bland nothings that I have tried in this line and the fact that it was refreshing was a bonus. (638 characters)

2.42/5  rDev +10.5%

Poured from 12oz bottle into 23oz Mets pilsner glass.

Appearance: Clear straw color with a large white head that dissipates pretty quickly and leaves no lace.

Smell: Smells entirely of peaches and dragon fruit.

Taste: Begins with a dragon fruit flavor, finishing with peaches and hints of dragon fruit, and some hints of malt.

Mouthfeel: Thin body with balanced carbonation and very refreshing.

Drinkability: Very drinkable and very refreshing, so in that regard it has its place. However, this isn't something I would get very much, but it isn't intolerable. There isn't very much about this that says "beer". (615 characters)

2.35/5  rDev +7.3%

light yellow no head.
Smells of peach, peach, and more peach.
Tastes is mostly peach, there is a slight lemon flavor as weel and it's just a bit tart. Its light and overcarbonated with a slightly dry finish. I would never buy this, a friend brought it over. (257 characters)

2.32/5  rDev +5.9%

Poured into a pint glass.

It's goldish yellow with a foamy white head that is not long for this earth. This beer is almost supernaturally clear.

It smells peachy. No hops, not sure what I should be looking for with regard to dragonfruit.

It tastes of peaches and is pretty dry when it comes to sweetness. Much like a soda.

The body and carbonation are also bith like a soda.

Overall, no thanks. But I did like the Lime Cactus Ultra one the best. (450 characters)

2.2/5  rDev +0.5%

Into a pint glass, a clear yellow color with no carbonation. Wispy head and fast fade to nothing. Nose of peach schnapps/wine cooler. Tastes not quite as sweet as nose, thankfully. Artificial peach/orange flavor, like a peach Jolly Rancher. Palatable. I’m not sure what “dragon berry” is supposed to taste like, but I doubt it’s this. Mouth has moderate fizz though is slightly flat and watery overall. Generally inoffensive and quenching, probably good on a hot day.

Beer two of three from the Mich Ultra sampler pack. I seriously think Michelob developed these as a “beer” alternative to wine coolers. (616 characters)

2.17/5  rDev -0.9%

Pours a very light and clear straw color with a Tony head that completely disappears within seconds.

Smells like a peach snow cone. Very artificial, no traces of malt or any beer-like smell at all. This would be great for a kids fruit drink, but not a beer.

Tastes like sparkling peach flavored water. Very thin and fruity, nothing else going on really. Has a tangy aftertaste that leaves a bad linger on the back end. Mouthfeel is decent.

Overall, this is not a beer. This is something that my wife would drink if she couldnt have fruity liquor drinks. Definitely a chick beer. (582 characters)

1.92/5  rDev -12.3%

Pour brought a one finger head to life, but it died quickly. With just a small ring of bubbles around the side of the glass, the lace is unimpressive and has no cling. The color is a 3 on the SRM beer color chart. Smells like peaches, corn and malt. I detect flavors of peach, malt, and corn, but not much them, quite weak in the flavor department. Feels like water in my mouth, just nothing really there to get my tongue around. I am just not very impressed by the flavor. I guess I can say I had one, but won't think about having another. (540 characters)

1.82/5  rDev -16.9%

Got this in the Michelob Ultra variety pack. I have to say the concept of the fruit flavored Michelob Ultras does somewhat intrigue me. I knew that I was pretty much getting a product not intended for real beer drinkers, but the combinations of fruit used in these beers sounded interesting to me and I wanted to see if they could be somewhat successfully incorporated into a beer.

This brew pours a bright yellow color with a little more than a fingers worth of foam which lasts for a little under a minute. I am not too familiar with dragon fruit, so I don't really know if I detected any of it in the taste or smell, but to me the smell was pure peach, and an extremely sweet peach smell at that. The mouthfeel was the typical Mich Ultra mouthfeel, that being thin, ultra-fizzy, and very reminiscent of seltzer. The flavor was dominated by the peach flavor and had almost no real beer flavor to it, but the flavor was not as strong as the aroma would lead you to believe. There was a minute amount of dryness in the finish. The aftertaste had a light continuation of the peach flavors and was overall clean, and the beer has no alcoholic warmth.

It is hard to consider this a beer, as it really does taste like seltzer water with peach flavoring. And yes, the box really does say "contains alcohol." If this was a blind taste test I would have never guessed this was a beer. It really wasn't offensive in any way, but if sweet stuff isn't your cup of tea, I would definitely avoid this. (1,492 characters)

1.74/5  rDev -20.5%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

It tastes like juice. None of the Michelob Ultra's actually taste like beer, but some taste like a nice beverage. Not this one. It smells fruity, like peaches I guess, but the taste/aftertaste is not good. To be totally honest, it has a faint taste of vomit. It's only faint, but it is still there...like a peachy vomit. Which would be OK if this what puke tasted like, but this is a beer, and I will be avoiding it in the future. (430 characters)

1.64/5  rDev -25.1%

Pale fizzy yellow color with a fizzy white head. I thought it was pretty funny that the neck label says "CONTAINS ALCOHOL", I guess when you make drinks look this girly and non beer you have to make things clear. Reminds me of McDonald's CAUTION Hot Coffee!!! Smell is pure candy peach artificial extract of course, and what is Dragon Fruit? I have no baseline to compare what my senses should detect. Flavor is horrible no redeeming qualities gag reflux inducing, light seltzer water with a horrible rancid peach offness. There's isn't even much sweetness here it's all pretty much artificial Peach flavor running throughout. Mouthfeel is fizzy carbonated water texture, no real syrupy textures thinking the texture of carbonated flavored water. Drinkability is a drain pour, I can't justify continuing something that makes my stomach want to turn inside out. (860 characters)

1.62/5  rDev -26%

out of the lost notebook, reviewed from notes.

again with these super light pours but at least this one had a touch of head to it and did not look soo light that i thought it was water. a touch of color bouncing around the sides. the aroma was the worst of them all. just soo over the top an fake it was not even funny. i just did not understand how they could out this out like that. just peach candy overload. flavor followed with just massive fake peach flavor an such a light base it was hardly noticeable. super light and just non existent finish.

i really dont know why i waste my time drinking these. just compeltely not worth it. (639 characters)

1.62/5  rDev -26%

Appearance: Pours a pale translucent yellow. The inch of head that poured quickly dissipates, leaving no lacing.

Aroma: Peaches, peaches, peaches! That's about it. You can smell a hint of corn faintly in the background, but you really have to be looking for it.

Taste: Wow. This is probably one of the worst tasting beers I've ever had, and I've had some pretty awful one. Peach seltzer water. That's what this is.

Feel/Drink: Light mouthfeel. I can't even finish this, the taste is just way too off. (504 characters)

1.46/5  rDev -33.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1

The beer looked typical for an AAL, and had the expected thin, watery mouthfeel. Other wise, it smelled bad, tasted bad, was unenjoyable, and an overall bad beer. (162 characters)

1.42/5  rDev -35.2%

Pours out pretty yellow as most Michelob beers do.

The aroma is slightly grainy with hints of dragonfruit and a sick sweet kind of smell.

The taste is extremely light, but has a very slight hint of dragonfruit and grains to give it some flavor. A bit fuller than the regular stuff.

Not the worst Michelob product, but that's not saying much. It' not too, too bad for a cheap beer. (384 characters)

1.37/5  rDev -37.4%

I tried this last night thanks to Jared.

Light yellow with a dense, white head with surprisingly decent retention and no lace. The nose is rather epic. The peach character is *huge*, rather artificial and floral. Dragon fruit? Not so much. As it warms up, some artificial medicinal character comes through. The taste is artificial peach flavor with an intense peachy floral character, no malt, no hops and a mildly medicinal mid-palate. It's so carbonated that it tastes like bad seltzer water. Drying and seltzer like, this is a waste of time. (545 characters)

1.2/5  rDev -45.2%

I wonder if this stuff cleaned my drain on the way down? We had a best of/ worst of party, and even knowing that this was an example of the worst, nastiest, most despicable stuff with "beer" written on its label, it still surprised me with how bad it was.

Fizzed up a white head for 30 seconds that dissipated to nothing. Smelled of dragon fruit, fake peach, and chemistry lab. Tasted like snowcones and seltzer. Cheap, artificially flavored seltzer.

Yech! (459 characters)