Michelob Ultra Dragon Fruit Peach - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.00% ABV

Michelob ULTRA Dragon Fruit Peach has a slightly sweet combination of exotic island fruit and hints of tree-ripened peaches.

(Beer added by: travduke on 04-09-2010)

RDW, Mar 04, 2012

ajtorres311, May 17, 2013

EF4, Mar 04, 2014

jnance34, Feb 13, 2013

aLenwell, May 14, 2013

boszormeny, Dec 30, 2013
1.23/5  rDev -43.1%

I wonder if this stuff cleaned my drain on the way down? We had a best of/ worst of party, and even knowing that this was an example of the worst, nastiest, most despicable stuff with "beer" written on its label, it still surprised me with how bad it was.

Fizzed up a white head for 30 seconds that dissipated to nothing. Smelled of dragon fruit, fake peach, and chemistry lab. Tasted like snowcones and seltzer. Cheap, artificially flavored seltzer.

Yech!

salvo, Oct 10, 2010
1.25/5  rDev -42.1%

tbryan5, Jan 20, 2013
1.25/5  rDev -42.1%

ramrod666, Apr 29, 2014
1.38/5  rDev -36.1%

I tried this last night thanks to Jared.

Light yellow with a dense, white head with surprisingly decent retention and no lace. The nose is rather epic. The peach character is *huge*, rather artificial and floral. Dragon fruit? Not so much. As it warms up, some artificial medicinal character comes through. The taste is artificial peach flavor with an intense peachy floral character, no malt, no hops and a mildly medicinal mid-palate. It's so carbonated that it tastes like bad seltzer water. Drying and seltzer like, this is a waste of time.

DefenCorps, Feb 09, 2011
1.43/5  rDev -33.8%

Pours out pretty yellow as most Michelob beers do.

The aroma is slightly grainy with hints of dragonfruit and a sick sweet kind of smell.

The taste is extremely light, but has a very slight hint of dragonfruit and grains to give it some flavor. A bit fuller than the regular stuff.

Not the worst Michelob product, but that's not saying much. It' not too, too bad for a cheap beer.

JohnnyMc, Aug 10, 2012

Daffron24, Aug 03, 2013

Herky21, Mar 22, 2013

Kelp, May 09, 2013

Unchi, Jan 03, 2012
1.55/5  rDev -28.2%

Pale fizzy yellow color with a fizzy white head. I thought it was pretty funny that the neck label says "CONTAINS ALCOHOL", I guess when you make drinks look this girly and non beer you have to make things clear. Reminds me of McDonald's CAUTION Hot Coffee!!! Smell is pure candy peach artificial extract of course, and what is Dragon Fruit? I have no baseline to compare what my senses should detect. Flavor is horrible no redeeming qualities gag reflux inducing, light seltzer water with a horrible rancid peach offness. There's isn't even much sweetness here it's all pretty much artificial Peach flavor running throughout. Mouthfeel is fizzy carbonated water texture, no real syrupy textures thinking the texture of carbonated flavored water. Drinkability is a drain pour, I can't justify continuing something that makes my stomach want to turn inside out.

WVbeergeek, Jan 10, 2011
1.55/5  rDev -28.2%

Appearance: Pours a pale translucent yellow. The inch of head that poured quickly dissipates, leaving no lacing.

Aroma: Peaches, peaches, peaches! That's about it. You can smell a hint of corn faintly in the background, but you really have to be looking for it.

Taste: Wow. This is probably one of the worst tasting beers I've ever had, and I've had some pretty awful one. Peach seltzer water. That's what this is.

Feel/Drink: Light mouthfeel. I can't even finish this, the taste is just way too off.

travduke, Apr 09, 2010
1.65/5  rDev -23.6%

out of the lost notebook, reviewed from notes.

again with these super light pours but at least this one had a touch of head to it and did not look soo light that i thought it was water. a touch of color bouncing around the sides. the aroma was the worst of them all. just soo over the top an fake it was not even funny. i just did not understand how they could out this out like that. just peach candy overload. flavor followed with just massive fake peach flavor an such a light base it was hardly noticeable. super light and just non existent finish.

i really dont know why i waste my time drinking these. just compeltely not worth it.

mikesgroove, Feb 25, 2011
1.7/5  rDev -21.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

It tastes like juice. None of the Michelob Ultra's actually taste like beer, but some taste like a nice beverage. Not this one. It smells fruity, like peaches I guess, but the taste/aftertaste is not good. To be totally honest, it has a faint taste of vomit. It's only faint, but it is still there...like a peachy vomit. Which would be OK if this what puke tasted like, but this is a beer, and I will be avoiding it in the future.

chadjulius, Sep 07, 2010

LXIXME, May 05, 2014

Blumstein, Apr 09, 2012

Amp, Jul 27, 2012
1.78/5  rDev -17.6%

Got this in the Michelob Ultra variety pack. I have to say the concept of the fruit flavored Michelob Ultras does somewhat intrigue me. I knew that I was pretty much getting a product not intended for real beer drinkers, but the combinations of fruit used in these beers sounded interesting to me and I wanted to see if they could be somewhat successfully incorporated into a beer.

This brew pours a bright yellow color with a little more than a fingers worth of foam which lasts for a little under a minute. I am not too familiar with dragon fruit, so I don't really know if I detected any of it in the taste or smell, but to me the smell was pure peach, and an extremely sweet peach smell at that. The mouthfeel was the typical Mich Ultra mouthfeel, that being thin, ultra-fizzy, and very reminiscent of seltzer. The flavor was dominated by the peach flavor and had almost no real beer flavor to it, but the flavor was not as strong as the aroma would lead you to believe. There was a minute amount of dryness in the finish. The aftertaste had a light continuation of the peach flavors and was overall clean, and the beer has no alcoholic warmth.

It is hard to consider this a beer, as it really does taste like seltzer water with peach flavoring. And yes, the box really does say "contains alcohol." If this was a blind taste test I would have never guessed this was a beer. It really wasn't offensive in any way, but if sweet stuff isn't your cup of tea, I would definitely avoid this.

Beastdog75, Sep 07, 2011
1.93/5  rDev -10.6%

Pour brought a one finger head to life, but it died quickly. With just a small ring of bubbles around the side of the glass, the lace is unimpressive and has no cling. The color is a 3 on the SRM beer color chart. Smells like peaches, corn and malt. I detect flavors of peach, malt, and corn, but not much them, quite weak in the flavor department. Feels like water in my mouth, just nothing really there to get my tongue around. I am just not very impressed by the flavor. I guess I can say I had one, but won't think about having another.

beerprovedwright, Nov 15, 2010