Michelob Ultra Dragon Fruit Peach - Anheuser-Busch

awful

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

Light Lager |  4.00% ABV

Michelob ULTRA Dragon Fruit Peach has a slightly sweet combination of exotic island fruit and hints of tree-ripened peaches.

(Beer added by: travduke on 04-09-2010)

1.5/5  rDev -29.6%

1.75/5  rDev -17.8%

2.42/5  rDev +13.6%

Poured from 12oz bottle into 23oz Mets pilsner glass.

Appearance: Clear straw color with a large white head that dissipates pretty quickly and leaves no lace.

Smell: Smells entirely of peaches and dragon fruit.

Taste: Begins with a dragon fruit flavor, finishing with peaches and hints of dragon fruit, and some hints of malt.

Mouthfeel: Thin body with balanced carbonation and very refreshing.

Drinkability: Very drinkable and very refreshing, so in that regard it has its place. However, this isn't something I would get very much, but it isn't intolerable. There isn't very much about this that says "beer".

1.43/5  rDev -32.9%

Pours out pretty yellow as most Michelob beers do.

The aroma is slightly grainy with hints of dragonfruit and a sick sweet kind of smell.

The taste is extremely light, but has a very slight hint of dragonfruit and grains to give it some flavor. A bit fuller than the regular stuff.

Not the worst Michelob product, but that's not saying much. It' not too, too bad for a cheap beer.

2.23/5  rDev +4.7%

Into a pint glass, a clear yellow color with no carbonation. Wispy head and fast fade to nothing. Nose of peach schnapps/wine cooler. Tastes not quite as sweet as nose, thankfully. Artificial peach/orange flavor, like a peach Jolly Rancher. Palatable. I’m not sure what “dragon berry” is supposed to taste like, but I doubt it’s this. Mouth has moderate fizz though is slightly flat and watery overall. Generally inoffensive and quenching, probably good on a hot day.

Beer two of three from the Mich Ultra sampler pack. I seriously think Michelob developed these as a “beer” alternative to wine coolers.

2.5/5  rDev +17.4%

2.35/5  rDev +10.3%

light yellow no head.
Smells of peach, peach, and more peach.
Tastes is mostly peach, there is a slight lemon flavor as weel and it's just a bit tart. Its light and overcarbonated with a slightly dry finish. I would never buy this, a friend brought it over.

1.78/5  rDev -16.4%

Got this in the Michelob Ultra variety pack. I have to say the concept of the fruit flavored Michelob Ultras does somewhat intrigue me. I knew that I was pretty much getting a product not intended for real beer drinkers, but the combinations of fruit used in these beers sounded interesting to me and I wanted to see if they could be somewhat successfully incorporated into a beer.

This brew pours a bright yellow color with a little more than a fingers worth of foam which lasts for a little under a minute. I am not too familiar with dragon fruit, so I don't really know if I detected any of it in the taste or smell, but to me the smell was pure peach, and an extremely sweet peach smell at that. The mouthfeel was the typical Mich Ultra mouthfeel, that being thin, ultra-fizzy, and very reminiscent of seltzer. The flavor was dominated by the peach flavor and had almost no real beer flavor to it, but the flavor was not as strong as the aroma would lead you to believe. There was a minute amount of dryness in the finish. The aftertaste had a light continuation of the peach flavors and was overall clean, and the beer has no alcoholic warmth.

It is hard to consider this a beer, as it really does taste like seltzer water with peach flavoring. And yes, the box really does say "contains alcohol." If this was a blind taste test I would have never guessed this was a beer. It really wasn't offensive in any way, but if sweet stuff isn't your cup of tea, I would definitely avoid this.

2.75/5  rDev +29.1%

1.93/5  rDev -9.4%

Pour brought a one finger head to life, but it died quickly. With just a small ring of bubbles around the side of the glass, the lace is unimpressive and has no cling. The color is a 3 on the SRM beer color chart. Smells like peaches, corn and malt. I detect flavors of peach, malt, and corn, but not much them, quite weak in the flavor department. Feels like water in my mouth, just nothing really there to get my tongue around. I am just not very impressed by the flavor. I guess I can say I had one, but won't think about having another.

2.5/5  rDev +17.4%

2.33/5  rDev +9.4%

Poured into a pint glass.

It's goldish yellow with a foamy white head that is not long for this earth. This beer is almost supernaturally clear.

It smells peachy. No hops, not sure what I should be looking for with regard to dragonfruit.

It tastes of peaches and is pretty dry when it comes to sweetness. Much like a soda.

The body and carbonation are also bith like a soda.

Overall, no thanks. But I did like the Lime Cactus Ultra one the best.

1.5/5  rDev -29.6%

1.23/5  rDev -42.3%

I wonder if this stuff cleaned my drain on the way down? We had a best of/ worst of party, and even knowing that this was an example of the worst, nastiest, most despicable stuff with "beer" written on its label, it still surprised me with how bad it was.

Fizzed up a white head for 30 seconds that dissipated to nothing. Smelled of dragon fruit, fake peach, and chemistry lab. Tasted like snowcones and seltzer. Cheap, artificially flavored seltzer.

Yech!