Budweiser - Anheuser-Busch

good

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 11-21-2000)
Reviews by phattysbox:
2.83/5  rDev +20.4%

One month old can (date on bottom of can) bought with my Philly cheese steak at Jim's steak! Hands down the best cheese steak in Philly.

On to the review:

I honestly don't think I could drink this brew in any other setting, and that being said, this pairs well with a cheese-steak (to wash the grease down).

Appearance: Can't comment because I had no cup to pour the beer out, hence I never saw it. Therefore I gave it an average score.

Smell (again through the can): grain and rice husk predominate followed by a metallicaly sterile scent. Definitely can smell adjuncts, but not that off-putting compared to other macros.

Taste: About average. Nothing stellar here. Faint malt bill, corn husk that coems through with a splash of hops (very astringent). The mouthfeel is OK, a bit overcarbonated for my taste.

Drinkability: After the Philly cheese steak, pretty darn good! My fiance got a skunked Corona and she had to sip my Bud...

2.68/5  rDev +14%

Appearance – Light yellow in the body with nice-looking carbonation. I was able to work a little head out of the can with some good arm action on the pour.

Smell – Classic American graininess. I thought for a second that I could smell some hops, but I was wrong.

Taste – More grain in the flavor with a touch of gummi-bear sweetness at the finish.

Mouthfeel – The carbonation is just right and it went down pretty smooth for me. No bad surprises here, which is important when striving for mediocrity.

Drinkability – Ice cold, can-fermented, and skunk free make this beer a winner.

Comments – The King is a good standard for American piss beers. It’s smooth, well carbonated, and refreshing. Of course, it’s mostly water with little to no body, but it goes good with pretzels, pizza, or a four pound salt lick.

1.75/5  rDev -25.5%

Frozen urine. In addition to no taste it is made using GMO corn and corn syrup other cheap food chemicals.

3.53/5  rDev +50.2%

Crystal clear. Very light yellowish color topped by a full and foamy bright white head that holds very well. The carbonation is quite fine, leaving thin steady streams of tiny bubbles rising steadily to the surface. Nice appearance! The aroma is quite limited with just vaugue indications of malt, hops, fermentation esters and alcohol. The body is light with a gentle carbonation and a slightly creamy mouthfeel. The flavor is quite one-sided, however, with only a very light malt character ever so gently buoyed by hop bitterness and a light "apple" character from fermentation. The finish is "short and sweet" with only a residual malt and next to non-existant bitterness. Refreshing! This is the best selling beer in the world for a reason. Although limited in character, it displays no flaws whatsoever. There is nothing even remotely objectable about it - a true "beer for the masses".

1.01/5  rDev -57%

Cutie reps at the bar had a computer set up to record commercials Q&A session for commercials should they like your answers....got a free Bud for my time. I smiled politely and accepted it, continuing to smile as I took a sip. But they could see in my eyes something was wrong. Skunky flavor, with a stale egg aftertaste. I plowed through a couple more sips before my taste buds over ruled and forced me to take a bow. A polite placement of the half full beer on the counter to check my phone then accidentally leave it behind as I walk away.

the title of king of beers says it all, sure its massed produced and thats because of its popuarity.
very tasty and refreshing beer that i can find at any great sporting events.
beer snobs of the world have a negative opinion, but where ever you go you will see this great tasting beer being sold and thats the bottom line.

Budweiser... Does it live up to the king of beers title??? Eh... No. Very bland, but tastes smooth and clean. drinkability certainly wins over everything else with this. Very drinkable. Not much going on. Just average. Still Better than Natural ice or Bud ice, but not better than other things. Would rather have MHL or MGD.

This beer ain't bad. True, it's not the type of beer that one savors. What it is, is a good lawn mower type beer. It's also good with Asian cuisine.

3.61/5  rDev +53.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

I thought that Budweiser was actually a decent beer when I tried it. The taste of the beer good. The taste of hops was present throughout. The motuhfeel of this was actually pretty good as well; it seemed pretty smooth to me. Overall, this historic beer is worth trying and isn't a bad beer to have once in awhile.

2.63/5  rDev +11.9%

Budweiser is running all sorts of specials for the World Cup, so I find myself drinking it during an Ecuador in order to get some free calamari and garlic bread at an Italian Restaurant. Might as well review.

A/N/T: 5% ABV carbonated water. Completely nonoffensive. Completely lacking in anything.

MF: Crisp, wet, light bodied.

D: Decent but not as high as PBR or High Life. I'll stick with them in the future when free squid isn't a factor.

1.5/5  rDev -36.2%

1.5/5  rDev -36.2%

1.8/5  rDev -23.4%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.5

Buuuhhh.... What to say about Budweiser that hasn't been said already? Had on tap, bottle, can - take your pick. The beer is a pale straw color, slightly golden with remarkable clarity (hey, at least it has something going for it). Fizzy white head disappears so quickly that you can't even really call it a head. The aroma is almost non-existent - metallic hints, corns, grains, sulfur, maybe some leafiness but nothing that really resembles a hop. Taste is basically the same - corns, pale malts, and some graininess. No really hop flavor or even bitterness for that matter. Astringency and over-carbonation are king of the hill here. Thin, thin body with a super-dry, super crispy finish. Aftertaste has a thin, grain flavor but not much else.

Budweiser is slightly better than Bud Light. But really, what is that saying? I remember after years of drinking Bud Light, I finally had a Budweiser and thought it had so much flavor. Heh, how the times have changed.

1.6/5  rDev -31.9%

This beer is not one to brag about by any means. It is way over carbonated and the taste is something that I personally can hardly bare at times. I always finish my beer but, with this beer I find it a challenge to do so. I even at times suffer from headaches resulting from this brew. However, it is a cheap beer and people find it somewhat "American" to drink it. But I, as a beer drinker, prefer a beer with much more character. You get what you pay for. But I will not pay for a Bud.

2.25/5  rDev -4.3%