Budweiser - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 11-21-2000

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.
Reviews: 1,545 | Hads: 5,507

Budweiser The Great American Lager. This beer is goes with anything and everything. Budweiser has an ABV of 5.0. This brew is a great beer to drink anytime. This brew pours out a nice amber color with a nice thick whitehead. Smell is rich with flavor. You pick up on grains an a hit of hops. Budweiser smells like what beer should smell like. The Taste is rich with flavor. You pick up bold taste of malts and grains. This brew is smooth with a clean finish. This is nothing bad about about the taste of this brew. Overall I'm giving this brew a 5.0 out 5. A Great American Beer at at Great Price. You can't get anymore american than Budweiser. Stay true to the red white and blue drink Budweiser. I will buy this brew again. (728 characters)

the title of king of beers says it all, sure its massed produced and thats because of its popuarity.
very tasty and refreshing beer that i can find at any great sporting events.
beer snobs of the world have a negative opinion, but where ever you go you will see this great tasting beer being sold and thats the bottom line. (323 characters)

Yeasty fresh bread smell, not a lot of taste but very clean and consistently good. Goes well with food or in quantity as refreshment.
The big thing about Budweiser is the yeast smell- the yeast is descended from the original culture first used by Adolphus Busch in 1876.
Next, the freshness and purity of Budweiser are noteworthy. I think the rice does give it a lighter appearance, brighter taste and clean finish. The beechwood chips afford more area for the yeast to rest on, and flocculation occurs more quickly in the maturation tanks.
Budweiser introduced the born on date, and they are genuinely committed to producing a quality product. Too bad they sold out to In Bev. (679 characters)

I wish there was a score higher than five.

First off listen this is american as you get, back in the day you didnt have fancy craft beers at barbecues, and pretty sure if you asked for something like that in a bar the bikers would take you out back and beat you. Listen this is a beer for the people and its a great thing. You dont buy this beer to analyze it and judge it, no you buy it to bring to your family barbecue drink with your cousins and uncles and start singing karaoke in the tent on the side of the house.

Plus how can you go wrong with there radio commercials Real American Hero's come on people. This is the most American thing you can drink so stop with the IPA's, Stouts, and whatever else and grab yourself a nice ice cold Bud. (748 characters)

American Budweiser is by far my favourite beer of all time. It is perfect for any occasion and its always a staple in my refrigerator. Yes this is not a craft beer. Yes I am biased. Yes you could find any number of more complex and attractive beers.

But at the end of the day Budweiser is the best "pound for pound" beer you can buy.

Appearance - Clear, bright yellow. Very small eggshell white head.
Smell - Yeast and bread. Very clean and light.
Taste - Balanced, slightly sweet, absolutely no bitterness at all. Budweiser tastes like the first cold beer you ever had on a hot summer day. It's very easy to drink. It is semi-dry leaving very little aftertaste. I know its corny but the label says it all " We know of no other beer at any price...."
Mouthfeel - Light but not watery. Nice carbonation.
Overall - A true classic...

Whether or not you like the style, everyone should enjoy an American Budweiser 2-3 times a year. Remember drinking beer isn't a sport or a beauty pageant. It's meant to be refreshing. And to give you a buzz...

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS (1,066 characters)

I have given this adjunct lager a perfect score. This is because the Marine Corps must drink this overseas. Why the prejudice of an American Lager. Why does our military have a preference for Budweiser. Why does West Point have higher IQ'S than the NBA. Is the Pressure of America laid on this adjunct lager. Sometimes the commander in chief has to be straight. When I'm blazing the green I want a Bud.

What if your DNA was worth 500 billion. Would you always be so feminine? (477 characters)

Ahhh the king of beers. Well, maybe the king of macro swill. It is what it is and it is a very clean crisp American lager that is super easy to drink. I used to drink a lot of this beer and that was because it is so easy to drink no matter what season it is. I know it is pretty boring when compared to the many different styles of beer available, but when it comes to adjunct lagers this is the king. It has little taste, but for the style that is a good thing. I give the King all 5's, but remember, that is only for it's style. In the grand scheme of beer it ranks much lower. (579 characters)

Come on, people. I'm going 5 across the board on principle. Yes, I realize where I am and what the purpose of this site it. And I understand giving Bud a solid 5 is like citing Wins as an important stat on a sabermetrics site.

I don't care.

Give me a cold Bud any time, any place. I can finish off a night of craft beer with a Bud just as easily as starting a night of degradation with it.

It's like an old troublemaker friend who stood up for you when you were young that you keep lending a few bucks to as you grow older.

Pound for pound it may be my favorite beer. (573 characters)

Once your lips touch that nice cold bottle of Budweiser you will instantly look up to the skies above give Jesus a wink and a thumbs up because he has bestowed upon you the King of Beers! This heaven sent beer was made so that everyone can know what sweet mother freedom tastes like. You see old glory flying and you hear the bells of freedom singing. So kick back, enjoy and by God taste FREEDOM! (398 characters)

I am not an everyday Bud drinker, but it is the most complex beer brewed in the world. I travel the world and every place I try it, is as good in the US. Also consistent everywhere in the U.S. (192 characters)

4.89/5  rDev +96.4%

This is MY Beer. It's the best I've found for a "normal" beer. we all have to have a stand by that no matter where in the country we are standing any bar or C store is going to have it and this is mine. Let's face it none of us are going to be drinking $12 6 packs all the time.

I prefer Bud in the can I like the smoothness of it I believe it's the rice used that gives it the consistantly smooth taste. It has a good mouthfeel for an AAL and you can buy it everywhere and it doesn't break the bank. a 5% it hits you well.

Look, when you're talking AAL you're talking mass produced, low quality cheap Swill. at this point it comes down to finding one to suit your taste. Bud is it for me.

Note: I review for the style. I refuse to let my prejudices slant any review. Nothing worse than the typical beer snob reviewing an AAL, same for your AAL drinker reviewing a craft brew. (880 characters)

4.84/5  rDev +94.4%

Of the American Light Lagers... this Buds for you. I give it a 5 because it is the beer that got me to like beer. I dont drink light lagers any more because as a style they are boring, and expensive and time consuming to hombrew. I can't make a better light lager than Bud. It's exclusive beechwood aging produces a taste, a smoothness, and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price.(under 7 dollars a six pack). (429 characters)

4.81/5  rDev +93.2%

This is another one of the few types of beers i've had. Not much to really say about it. It tastes quite good and goes down smoothly. So far this is my 2nd favorite beer. (170 characters)

4.8/5  rDev +92.8%

The American standard for American adjunct lagers.
The Coca-cola of beers.
All other American lagers are measured to this standard.
Thus, the King of Beers. (156 characters)

4.76/5  rDev +91.2%

Hands down the best American Macro Beer out there. Good in any serving type, can, bottle, and tap. Appearance crystal clear golden color with a head that lasts a few minutes. Smells like a beer should. Taste, smooth pure and very clean. Mouthfeel and drinkability are exceptional, best in class and I would say best in the industry. You can never go wrong when ordering a Budweiser. This is America's beer drinking beer. It may not be the most complex or have the best palate presentation, or offer a fruity or nutty flavor, but who would want that flavor if they were actually considering buying an American Macro Beer in the first place? (639 characters)

4.68/5  rDev +88%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

The King.
Refreshing.
Perfect 5% ABV.
Readily available.
Decently priced.
The King, for good reason.

I drink this all the time and love it. When I am not drinking this all the time, I am unhappy. I think it is perfect from a can, a bottle or on tap. I prefer cans due to 30 packs not coming in bottles, plus, I like to crush the empty cans after I crush the beer down my throat. Bottles are good to smash but a mess to clean up. Regarding the taste, I can't really find dramatic differences between can vs. bottle. This beer is life blood. (541 characters)

4.6/5  rDev +84.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

This beer is not as bad or good as people opinion on this forum. For my taste it is a good beer for hot day or party. No foul after taste like ome Miller products.

Appearance : yellow with no head

Smell : like a beer which is not bad

Taste: taste like some water with after taste of corn or rice whic is not bad. Nothing defensive about this beer but nothing stands out.

Mouthfeel: light and watery

Overall: It is not trying to be a IPA or stout ! It is a mass produced AA Lager. It holds its own against any American Adjuncts Lager. It is the most popular beer in the country, not because it has no taste, as some contend, but because the flavors blend together seamlessly. Good word describe Budweiser seamlessly! (720 characters)

4.58/5  rDev +83.9%

ok, let everyone remember that this is an american light adjunct lager, and that is what i am reviewing it as.
if anyone can find a better example of the style, please, let me know.
A- pours extremely pale yellow color. bursting with carbonation. low head retention.
S- smells like, well, budweiser. corn and Co2
T- light and refreshing, this beer is perfectly balanced with absolutely no off flavors. impressive considering the color and body.
M-extremely dry and prickly on the tongue. quite refreshing.
D- you know this beer. you now how drinkable it is.

i almost never buy this beer, but when i do, i am never disappointed. it is exactly the same overtime. it would go great with just about any meal.

this beer gets far less credit than it should on BA. (767 characters)

4.58/5  rDev +83.9%

Pale yellow color with snow white foam. Exceptional clarity. Subtle aromatic hop aroma with clean esters and faint banana. Mouthfeel is light, crisp, and refreshing. Outstanding clean finish which easily leads to another sip. Probably the most consistent, refreshing and drinkable beer on the planet. (300 characters)

4.57/5  rDev +83.5%

Budweiser is a very good beer, and it is the Great American Lager. Also the price makes it that much better. It seems to be the norm for people to hate on Budweiser, but it's a very solid beer so don't listen to them. Definitely my go to beer when watching a baseball or hockey game. (283 characters)

4.5/5  rDev +80.7%

Honestly one of the best balanced beers this world has ever seen. The addition of the rice adjunct provides the light color and helps with the crisp flavor of this classic American beer. Speaking critically, this is a fantastic beer. (235 characters)

4.5/5  rDev +80.7%

This is my other full flavored as you all classify it american Adjunct lager. Reason i like it, it goes down crisp and refreshing. Me and my buddy drink these. He knows a bit about craft brews as well. (202 characters)

4.45/5  rDev +78.7%

A lot of people say to me, "Come now FootballFan15, your favorite beer is Budweiser, how can your opinion be valid?" Well, the truth is that while Budweiser is a very good lager, I Can't claim it to be my favorite or say that it doesn't have any imperfections.

Initial impressions of this beer are always positive, despite its reputation, and I think that is with good reason. When poured from its very-well designed can (or bottle...if that is your thing...) it makes an impressive fizzy display in a glass or mug and has an attractive head. Anheuser-Busch is to be commended for brewing such an attractive beer.

The taste, admittedly, is where the problem is found (if, indeed, there is a problem with Budweiser). I find the flavor of Budweiser to be a bit strong, particularly compared to its superior sister brew, Bud Light. Still, Budweiser is not a beer I would turn my nose up at ever. If anything, perhaps the flavor is TO GOOD. Once Budweiser assaults my palette with its own irresistible charm, I find that it dilutes the flavor of foods that I enjoy with Bud Light such as hot dogs, chili cheese fries, and cheddar and sour cream ruffles.

Due to its affect on your palette, I recommend reserving this beer for times when you're specifically only going to be enjoying beer (without food) or after a meal has been consumed. Bud Light may be the superior beverage to consume with food but Budweiser is a delicious treat all on its own. I enthusiastically recommend this beer to all of my friends and suggest it here too. Despite its faults, after just one sip, you'll see why Budweiser is America's premier beer. (1,626 characters)

4.44/5  rDev +78.3%

General Comments: This beer does not seem very popular among aficionados, but I must admit that I like it quite a bit. This style of beer obviously aims for a light, drinkable tone with a mild and bittersweet taste. In spite of what you might think about the macro brews (and American adjunct lagers), this beer accomplishes its purpose very well.

Appearance: I Poured from a can to a glass. The beer is golden-yellow in color with a hearty, frothy head that lingers just long enough, with a few bubbles.

Smell: The smell is weak, and not terribly impressive, but not offensive either. If I could get anything, there seemed to be a slight, malty undertone.

Taste: There is an excellent balance of malts and hops, with a slightly bitter finish (not too bitter though). I detected a hint of cream corn in the flavor. Overall, the flavor was pretty mild, but definitely present but without an aftertaste.

Mouth feel: Refreshing, but not bland either. There is a "good"/ balanced level of carbonation, and the beer does not tend to go flat too quickly.

Drinkability: Bud's drinkability is another one of its highlights. Its quite refreshing, mild, with an interesting blend of flavors that makes it refreshing on a warm day. It is an excellent choice to serve with salty snacks, or a BBQ meal. (1,296 characters)

4.36/5  rDev +75.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

A-clear golden to straw color with a white head that fades fast, and leaves no lace
S-grains, rice, hops is very light, and sweet corn aroma
T-sweet corn taste, hops is light with a clean aftertaste that finishes with a slight bite
M-clean crisp, light body, good carbonation
O- this is not a craft beer, but is very important in US history. Many craft beer drinkers anti Budweiser, Miller, and Coors, but this is one of the best beers made. I guess I am not a rebel trying to be differant, like most craft beer drinkers are. If you grade a beer you must respect it. Although there are many beers with more taste and feel, there are not any with more history and tradition as Budweiser. No other beer rated here can match. (722 characters)

Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch