2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Budweiser - Anheuser-Busch

BudweiserBudweiser

awful

good

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 11-21-2000)
View: Beers (76) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Budweiser Alström Bros
Ratings: 3,933 | Reviews: 1,413 | Show All Ratings:
sponberg

I just love watching the Bud commercials while quaffing something good. Bud is a triumph of marketing over product. The quality control, however, is a model for brewers to aspire to.

That said, this is the lowest common denominator - AB removed all character and interest from what should be and could be a decent style of beer in order to maximize sales and offend the fewest number of people. The smell (what there is of it) is almost beer-like. The taste (what there is of it) is almost beer-like. Yet it somehow manages to taste just... There's some sort of odd, sour taste in the background that I have NEVER found in an all-malt lager. Maybe it's the rice. Whatever it is just turns me off. Three of these gives me a case of agita that requires two Zantac to clear up. THAT doesn't happen with any other beer. I don't mind American lager - hell, I enjoy Schlitz and Yuengling - but this brew is heinous.

Think about this: How much does A-B spend on advertising? And how much do you pay for a six? Now remove the ad budget. Yep, it's a $2.50 a six beer, and not even a GOOD $2.50 a six beer, but you're paying $4.00 a six for the priovelege of looking at talking frogs and seeing people say "wazzaaaap!" Feel dumb? You should. There's no reason to subject your mouth to this crap. There really is no reason.

02-13-2002 23:48:56 | More by sponberg
cokes

Wisconsin

Grad party mistake. I knew I hated it but had one anyway.
The instant lobotomy-like headache proved the error in my ways.
Poor psuedo-beer yellow appearance. Aroma of newly deceased skunk. The rotten rice taste is too awful for words....I won't even glorify it with a description. Just nasty. The worst.
Scourge of all those who enjoy good beer.

05-26-2002 00:26:25 | More by cokes
garbercury

I am not normally a guy who will pan a beer unless it is really deserved. This is the Fox Noise channel of beers, keep selling the opposite of the truth (Bud is great beer) and the sheep will follow.
Words cannot describe how terrible this beer really is. The only thing this beer has ever done for me is give me a brutal headache and the runs. I literally could have one of these and I can guarantee a headache and a trip or two to the toilet. Though 99% of the people who are on Advocate would never drink the stuff or recommend it, do everyone a favor and dont let anyone drink this stuff, it sucks so much.

09-11-2007 04:36:06 | More by garbercury
Bierman9

New Hampshire

"The taste is all that matters"? Boring, bitter, bland...Bud. Ugh! With so much good bier out there from micros, it's hard to fathom Bud's popularity. Pale, steady carbo, whitish head; doesn't lure me in at all. Aroma? Really? Grassily bitter, prickly, thin. Nope, nope, nope....

look: 1 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | drink: 1

beer review id: 7699 / 02-16-2002 19:30:44

04-27-2008 18:25:07 | More by Bierman9
BoSox5902

not the king of beers. this is a disgusting beer. it amazes me how many people love this beer. i think it is awful. i guess it is better than king cobra or steel reserve but not by much. this beer is not worth my money. i would not drink it if it was free. i guess the only thing this beer is good for is the economy since it is american made and american owned. anheiser busch is by far my least favorite brewery, they have yet to impress me with anything

07-24-2008 02:05:24 | More by BoSox5902
Rifugium

Rating: 0.1
First had: ?

The King of Beers. The Great American Lager. The ultimate T&A TV-ad beer. Yes, crap in a bottle all the way. I give it a 0.1 because [censored for BA]. Pours light straw-yellow. Smells of metallic, stale urine and tastes about the same, with maybe some small semblance of a hop in there somewhere. Light and non-refreshing, leaving a metallic, unpleasant aftertaste. Obviously to be avoided.

04-29-2011 17:16:03 | More by Rifugium
rickyleepotts

Arizona

Budweiser… what can I say about this beer? I actually prefer this beer over Bud Light; mainly due to increase flavor and a higher ABV. For a domestic beer, an ABV of 5% is pretty big.

This is a beer that you can drink… and drink… and, well you get the picture. This is a beer I only order when I am trying to either save money or they are running a great special. Seeing as how this is one of the world’s most sold beers, they run a lot of specials! It’s cheap (they produce a lot of it) and it flies off the bar in bottles, cans, and on draft. Drinking this beer makes me think of a place in Scottsdale… they serve beer cans out of bathtubs. $1 beers… and Bud is one of them.

I have heard this beer called many things over the years, but Bud is the easy way to refer to this watery brew. The beer smells like… well, crap. But that’s okay, stay with me here. The beer drinks like water, with a slight carbonation toward the end, and the aftertaste is worthless. Heck, it even looks like water sitting in the glass.

Speaking of that, when I lived in Europe, we drank a lot of carbonated water. Yeah, gross. It’s actually not bad if you put a lime in it. But this beer looks sort of like that in the glass. It’s extremely clear. You know… the more I think about it, I assume you have had this beer once or twice in your day.

I love the way they market though… they are all over the place. This beer is nothing fancy. It’s a domestic, very easy to find, and one that I know I will have again if nothing more than convenience. Bottoms up… and hurry up, you don’t want to leave the taste of this beer in your mouth for long. (Add a lime to this if you don’t mind putting fruit in your beer.)

05-27-2011 02:51:06 | More by rickyleepotts
eulcedes

Czech Republic

Purchased from my local 7-Eleven. Poured into a tall pint glass.

Weak golden hue, mediocre head that quickly faded.
Aroma indeterminate origin, quickly replaced with flat metallic odor.
mild to nonexistant grain taste with sligh corn overtones. Very metallic taste.
This is proper stadium beer, or building fence beer. Recommendation would be to avoid unless other alternatives rate lower.

09-21-2011 19:22:05 | More by eulcedes
JohnnyMc

This is the most basic and standard of cheap American lagers.

There is a bit more of a taste than with light beers, but the cost is that you feel full and unsatisfied quickly. Other than being very easy to drink, I can't think of any other positive.

02-16-2012 16:49:03 | More by JohnnyMc
pubsp

Tasted like urine. Not that I drink or have drank urine before. That I know of. But if I have tasted urine before, it was probably the time I drank from a Budweiser bottle, assuming it was beer.

Mass-marketed for the people who don't have time to think about what they are drinking.

02-26-2012 22:31:14 | More by pubsp
GustoMan

Budweiser is in my opinion the worst American "beer" out there. Way too much sugar and carbonation, and I know why. That is an old technique to cover up lousy brew. Also sugar is one of the most addictive substances on earth, so why do you think it is so popular with alchoholics

10-07-2012 00:08:52 | More by GustoMan
Antnego

Sometimes I like to throw on a wife beater and actually beat my wife. But only after I've drank Bud. The taste makes me so angry, it fuels the rage needed for domestic violence.

Harvested fresh from the bladders of Clydesdales, it has a piss-poor flavor that doesn't quit. I never enjoyed Budweiser, even when I managed to get my hands on a six pack when I was a teenager... And teenagers are usually happy to drink whatever they can get.

I don't understand when I see people walking out of CVS with 24 packs of this stuff. At least go with Miller or Coors if you're looking for cheap-s*it game day beer.

12-19-2012 06:59:03 | More by Antnego
undertakerfreak1127

Someone tell me how much "The Bros" were paid to give this swill a rating of 80.

You want constructive, BA? How can you be constructive when there's literally nothing to construct upon? OK, I'll give it my best shot:

Appearance: Piss

Smell: Piss

Taste: Piss (or what piss would taste like)

Mouthfeel: Kind of what a mouth full of prostate juice would feel like

Overall: The undisputed king of cheap, overrated dumpster sludge - Pissweiser.

I tried my best BA, but sometimes a beer is so bad that it's incomprehensible beyond anything but piss. That beer is Budweiser. I would drink the contents of a colostomy bag before imbibing this swill again.

01-15-2013 12:52:47 | More by undertakerfreak1127
Winger911

I would have given it a different rating, but 1 was as low as possible.
It looks like piss, no head at all, light urine color.
It taste like old beer mixed with water. A distinct "skunked" flavor like bad beer left to ferment to long with bacteria.
Nothing distinct at all that sets this beer apart. No malted barely flavor, or crisp hop flavor and aroma.
Tastes like this beer is max produced as quickly and cheaply as possible in order to reap as much profit as possible.

01-15-2013 20:23:35 | More by Winger911
acsprouse

South Carolina

Cheap corn grain. No hop presence. Cheap malts. Not a good beer.. image of mass production. Poster child of conforming. For what it is (fake beer). its halfway decent.. people who drink bud i beg you.. try other beers.. the corn is very noticable.. the low quality is in your face. If a Friend at a.pub bought me a.bud i would drink it.. would not wanna disrespect.him but its garbage

01-27-2013 07:46:45 | More by acsprouse
GaetanoBresci

Switzerland

Is that a beer? One of the worst and most disgusting beer I have ever tried. Unluckly is so common that you cannot avoid. Anyway when I am in a bar with just this beer I m drinking water because is much much much better... No comment. No no no and no again

06-14-2013 12:02:37 | More by GaetanoBresci
ERIK1069

WORST BEER EVER AND IT'S THE ONLY BEER THAT I WOULD NEVER WANT TO TRY AGAIN. IT SEEMS TO BE ONLY ENJOYED BY THOSE WHO SETTLE FOR WHAT HAS NO TASTE. I WOULD CHOOSE ANY BEER OVER THIS BEER... I LOVE BEER BUT IF BUDWEISER WAS THE ONLY BEER MADE I WOULD GIVE UP BEER.

07-24-2013 19:04:21 | More by ERIK1069
jodsj

This beer sucks. Its not american, it tastes bad, it's tasteless, the flavor is minimal, and the color appears to be the same as my cat Smooches urine. This beer was never good but once the Belgians went and purchased this beer IT GOT WORSE, which is outrageously suprising seeing as the Belgians usually bring the noise when it comes to cerveza. i mean if you are trying to guzzle a sweet, sweet, sweeet brew check that tecate light; tecate light has all the flavor you would ever need AND its from Mexico. WHO DOESN'T LOVE MEXICO? Lord knows i do, get turned on to that flave and step your game up kids. One Love.

08-07-2013 02:36:44 | More by jodsj
CreamAle128

Alberta (Canada)

1.02/5  rDev -56.2%

Ok.. after a look back at this review, i decided to lower the rating even more. This beer has no flavour, except for the faint beachwood ??? either way it tastes bad, barely any aroma, so its hard to determine what it is even supposed to smell like. I guess the only plus about this beer is that it goes down like water, very smooth. If your looking for beer, don't waste your cash on this * beer*. Highly overpriced for its *quality*

03-14-2004 06:39:52 | More by CreamAle128
TechMyst

Head:dissapates to nothing

Lace: None

Color:
Reflected-Pale Yellow
Transmitted- Pale yellow

Aroma: fake/unpleasant

Mouthfeel: very light

Palate: adjusts after a 6pack

Taste: all fake conditioning sting/bite

Comments:I like lagers the least, and this pale domestic is at the bottom...0 to 10 is the difference between Bud and Guinness for me...Carbonated, watered-down taste is actually displeasing.

Conditions:
Mowing/Working on car-no
With Friends-only if they are buying and I'm broke
Sipping-no
Get my buzz on-no

09-08-2006 06:21:49 | More by TechMyst
imaguitargod

1.02/5  rDev -56.2%

This is the only beer (besides a lambic due to a sulfite allergy) that I will actually turn down even if it's offered to me for free. It's named King of Beers because most people haven't had anything other than PBR, Miller or Miller and are fooled into thinking beer should taste like this.

Unusually large head with an odor that matches the smell that their brewery produces (it smells slightly like urine and believe me, I know. I used to live close to their Los Angeles Brewery and when you drive by there, your windows better be rolled up). The taste is overly tingly because of the high carbonation and has a large amount of corn flavor. The aftertaste is not at all pleasant.

01-31-2008 16:47:57 | More by imaguitargod
AtrumAnimus

1.05/5  rDev -54.9%

OK -I admit it - I have drank this alleged beer. The head is poor - collapses quickly to nothingness. The aroma - well it has one if you leave it out in the sun all day. The color is the best thing - a somewhat pleasing golden color, but way to light in color. When compared to the Czechvar (Or Budvar) as is in the court documents that Anheuser & Busch both claimed as the sourced recipe on several occasions over patent rights this can't hold a candle. The taste is like poor quality water. There is a strong taste and smell in it (when not ice cold) that reminds me of EverClear grain alcohol. There are also a lot of sulfites in this that really set off my allergies bad - even worse that American wines. I could only recommend this one if it was to avoid death from dehydration in the Sahara desert.

Actually death would be better – truth be told. ; - )

01-07-2003 07:57:34 | More by AtrumAnimus
cro250klr

1.08/5  rDev -53.6%

It is said that if you were dying of thirst and tried to drink your own urine you would die. If I was crossing a desert and came across a cooler full of this, I would take a bottle and empty it, piss in it and take my chances. I bet the Clydesdales wouldn't even drink this. Read my review on Mick Ultra, particularly the part about a billion dollar ad campaign.
My advise, buy Perrier water and drink it untill it's coming out of your ears. Then, when your so bloated that you can't take anymore, get a hammer, a rock or anything hard and beat yourself in the head. You'll get the same results as drinking this swill. A big bloated gut and a pounding headache. At least you feel good in knowing Perrier is potable compared to this.

B lows.
R eviewed.

01-04-2005 23:19:41 | More by cro250klr
engagechad

1.08/5  rDev -53.6%

Grabbed one from a cookout to take home and review. Oh boy.. here goes.. ..

Pours a pale yellow with a decent head but it fads in seconds to nothing while the bubbles still stick around. Completely transparent. Smells like old bread and an old persons kitchen. Taste follows. Tastes like corn juice with an absolutely terrible finish. Leaves the mouth feeling slimy. Feels thin and slimy.

Overall this is absolutely a beer to avoid - just poured it out.

06-24-2011 23:20:12 | More by engagechad
Nanners

1.09/5  rDev -53.2%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1.25 | taste: 1 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1

O.K., here's the deal. I haven't had a bud in years. When I drink cheap I drink Miller. I was just given a free bud with lunch from a buddy of mine though so here we go.

Poured from a bottle into a glass to try to get the best possible results. Smells ... kind of like an old barn. hey smell? Hey and carbonation. Looks exactly like a glass of my pee. There is a small head that quickly (instantaneously) evaporates into nothing. There is a very slight cling to the glass...all thin carbonation. It doesn't stick though, it just leaves the glass looking spot glean like I just rinsed it out. The taste ... The mouth feel is thin and instantly washes away into flat carbonation. Then the hey taste very quickly followed by lime and ... baking soda. I get a tongue full of baking soda. This is God awful beer, if you can call it that. It's like drinking ... it's like when you used to brush your teeth with baking soda as a kid. In short...you would have to be looking for a very cheap buzz to drink this stuff. You have to be a bit of an alchi to get any enjoyment at all. Basically, I'm going to wait until my friend goes and takes a leak and then have the bar tender drain pour it. Then I'm going to order some onion rings. I have no idea how people drink this stuff.

08-29-2013 16:44:19 | More by Nanners