Budweiser - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 11-21-2000

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.
Reviews: 1,546 | Hads: 5,500

I just love watching the Bud commercials while quaffing something good. Bud is a triumph of marketing over product. The quality control, however, is a model for brewers to aspire to.

That said, this is the lowest common denominator - AB removed all character and interest from what should be and could be a decent style of beer in order to maximize sales and offend the fewest number of people. The smell (what there is of it) is almost beer-like. The taste (what there is of it) is almost beer-like. Yet it somehow manages to taste just... There's some sort of odd, sour taste in the background that I have NEVER found in an all-malt lager. Maybe it's the rice. Whatever it is just turns me off. Three of these gives me a case of agita that requires two Zantac to clear up. THAT doesn't happen with any other beer. I don't mind American lager - hell, I enjoy Schlitz and Yuengling - but this brew is heinous.

Think about this: How much does A-B spend on advertising? And how much do you pay for a six? Now remove the ad budget. Yep, it's a $2.50 a six beer, and not even a GOOD $2.50 a six beer, but you're paying $4.00 a six for the priovelege of looking at talking frogs and seeing people say "wazzaaaap!" Feel dumb? You should. There's no reason to subject your mouth to this crap. There really is no reason. (1,326 characters)

Grad party mistake. I knew I hated it but had one anyway.
The instant lobotomy-like headache proved the error in my ways.
Poor psuedo-beer yellow appearance. Aroma of newly deceased skunk. The rotten rice taste is too awful for words....I won't even glorify it with a description. Just nasty. The worst.
Scourge of all those who enjoy good beer. (353 characters)

Someone tell me how much "The Bros" were paid to give this swill a rating of 80.

You want constructive, BA? How can you be constructive when there's literally nothing to construct upon? OK, I'll give it my best shot:

Appearance: Piss

Smell: Piss

Taste: Piss (or what piss would taste like)

Mouthfeel: Kind of what a mouth full of prostate juice would feel like

Overall: The undisputed king of cheap, overrated dumpster sludge - Pissweiser.

I tried my best BA, but sometimes a beer is so bad that it's incomprehensible beyond anything but piss. That beer is Budweiser. I would drink the contents of a colostomy bag before imbibing this swill again. (655 characters)

Cheap corn grain. No hop presence. Cheap malts. Not a good beer.. image of mass production. Poster child of conforming. For what it is (fake beer). its halfway decent.. people who drink bud i beg you.. try other beers.. the corn is very noticable.. the low quality is in your face. If a Friend at a.pub bought me a.bud i would drink it.. would not wanna disrespect.him but its garbage (384 characters)

Purchased from my local 7-Eleven. Poured into a tall pint glass.

Weak golden hue, mediocre head that quickly faded.
Aroma indeterminate origin, quickly replaced with flat metallic odor.
mild to nonexistant grain taste with sligh corn overtones. Very metallic taste.
This is proper stadium beer, or building fence beer. Recommendation would be to avoid unless other alternatives rate lower. (391 characters)

I would have given it a different rating, but 1 was as low as possible.
It looks like piss, no head at all, light urine color.
It taste like old beer mixed with water. A distinct "skunked" flavor like bad beer left to ferment to long with bacteria.
Nothing distinct at all that sets this beer apart. No malted barely flavor, or crisp hop flavor and aroma.
Tastes like this beer is max produced as quickly and cheaply as possible in order to reap as much profit as possible. (473 characters)

Excellent example of a shitty, mass-produced, rushed through fermentation and well-branded "beer". I am aghast that the bros gave it a score of 80, but it makes sense if you consider this poor excuse for fermented beverage within the category that it sits squarely in: American Adjunct Lager. It is in fact, Made in America, with Adjuncts, and somehow passes for a lager, which really gets me, because the beechwood is added not for flavor (plywood doesn't give off that much phenols after the heat and pressure treatment) but rather to strip the yeast out of the solution prior to actual finishing the fermentation. Becasue of the rush-job, one is assaulted by a load of acetaldehyde on every sip, making it seem like someone poured apple juice into your shitty can of shitty beer, which would be a relief, if it were actually juice. I will never support a company so bent on ruining the industry that they dominate, I can't even bring myself to pay for any beers that any of the breweries that AB has acquired produce; it is too painful and harms the industry.

Bad beer! Bad! (1,078 characters)

I am not normally a guy who will pan a beer unless it is really deserved. This is the Fox Noise channel of beers, keep selling the opposite of the truth (Bud is great beer) and the sheep will follow.
Words cannot describe how terrible this beer really is. The only thing this beer has ever done for me is give me a brutal headache and the runs. I literally could have one of these and I can guarantee a headache and a trip or two to the toilet. Though 99% of the people who are on Advocate would never drink the stuff or recommend it, do everyone a favor and dont let anyone drink this stuff, it sucks so much. (611 characters)

Rating: 0.1
First had: ?

The King of Beers. The Great American Lager. The ultimate T&A TV-ad beer. Yes, crap in a bottle all the way. I give it a 0.1 because [censored for BA]. Pours light straw-yellow. Smells of metallic, stale urine and tastes about the same, with maybe some small semblance of a hop in there somewhere. Light and non-refreshing, leaving a metallic, unpleasant aftertaste. Obviously to be avoided. (417 characters)

Budweiser is in my opinion the worst American "beer" out there. Way too much sugar and carbonation, and I know why. That is an old technique to cover up lousy brew. Also sugar is one of the most addictive substances on earth, so why do you think it is so popular with alchoholics (279 characters)

WORST BEER EVER AND IT'S THE ONLY BEER THAT I WOULD NEVER WANT TO TRY AGAIN. IT SEEMS TO BE ONLY ENJOYED BY THOSE WHO SETTLE FOR WHAT HAS NO TASTE. I WOULD CHOOSE ANY BEER OVER THIS BEER... I LOVE BEER BUT IF BUDWEISER WAS THE ONLY BEER MADE I WOULD GIVE UP BEER. (263 characters)

How Budweiser managed to stay in business as a beer amazes me everyday. I would rather drink sour milk than this overrated, over marketed American beer. Tastes like crap and the after taste is even worse. Best beer to drink if you are thinking about quitting drinking beer. (278 characters)

Let's put it this way:

This beer is the definition of AVOID.

Simply because it is cheap and convenient does not mean you should even consider this beer.

Full of genetically modified organisms (GMO corn).

Enough said.

Love life,
I am a Sea Creature (look it up) (265 characters)

1. add skunk piss juice into a bottle
2. add the sweat from a big Russian muscle man's armpit hair
3. shake it up while spitting into it once a while
4. BUDWEISER
nononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononononono (307 characters)

Tasted like urine. Not that I drink or have drank urine before. That I know of. But if I have tasted urine before, it was probably the time I drank from a Budweiser bottle, assuming it was beer.

Mass-marketed for the people who don't have time to think about what they are drinking. (283 characters)

Budweiser… what can I say about this beer? I actually prefer this beer over Bud Light; mainly due to increase flavor and a higher ABV. For a domestic beer, an ABV of 5% is pretty big.

This is a beer that you can drink… and drink… and, well you get the picture. This is a beer I only order when I am trying to either save money or they are running a great special. Seeing as how this is one of the world’s most sold beers, they run a lot of specials! It’s cheap (they produce a lot of it) and it flies off the bar in bottles, cans, and on draft. Drinking this beer makes me think of a place in Scottsdale… they serve beer cans out of bathtubs. $1 beers… and Bud is one of them.

I have heard this beer called many things over the years, but Bud is the easy way to refer to this watery brew. The beer smells like… well, crap. But that’s okay, stay with me here. The beer drinks like water, with a slight carbonation toward the end, and the aftertaste is worthless. Heck, it even looks like water sitting in the glass.

Speaking of that, when I lived in Europe, we drank a lot of carbonated water. Yeah, gross. It’s actually not bad if you put a lime in it. But this beer looks sort of like that in the glass. It’s extremely clear. You know… the more I think about it, I assume you have had this beer once or twice in your day.

I love the way they market though… they are all over the place. This beer is nothing fancy. It’s a domestic, very easy to find, and one that I know I will have again if nothing more than convenience. Bottoms up… and hurry up, you don’t want to leave the taste of this beer in your mouth for long. (Add a lime to this if you don’t mind putting fruit in your beer.) (1,724 characters)

This beer sucks. Its not american, it tastes bad, it's tasteless, the flavor is minimal, and the color appears to be the same as my cat Smooches urine. This beer was never good but once the Belgians went and purchased this beer IT GOT WORSE, which is outrageously suprising seeing as the Belgians usually bring the noise when it comes to cerveza. i mean if you are trying to guzzle a sweet, sweet, sweeet brew check that tecate light; tecate light has all the flavor you would ever need AND its from Mexico. WHO DOESN'T LOVE MEXICO? Lord knows i do, get turned on to that flave and step your game up kids. One Love. (615 characters)

not the king of beers. this is a disgusting beer. it amazes me how many people love this beer. i think it is awful. i guess it is better than king cobra or steel reserve but not by much. this beer is not worth my money. i would not drink it if it was free. i guess the only thing this beer is good for is the economy since it is american made and american owned. anheiser busch is by far my least favorite brewery, they have yet to impress me with anything (456 characters)

"The taste is all that matters"? Boring, bitter, bland...Bud. Ugh! With so much good bier out there from micros, it's hard to fathom Bud's popularity. Pale, steady carbo, whitish head; doesn't lure me in at all. Aroma? Really? Grassily bitter, prickly, thin. Nope, nope, nope....

look: 1 | smell: 1 | taste: 1 | feel: 1 | drink: 1

beer review id: 7699 / 02-16-2002 19:30:44 (381 characters)

Is that a beer? One of the worst and most disgusting beer I have ever tried. Unluckly is so common that you cannot avoid. Anyway when I am in a bar with just this beer I m drinking water because is much much much better... No comment. No no no and no again (256 characters)

Absolutely disgusting "rubbery" tasting shit! I honestly don't know how anyone can drink this SWILL, let along call it good! Clydesdale Piss indeed!!! (150 characters)

This is the most basic and standard of cheap American lagers.

There is a bit more of a taste than with light beers, but the cost is that you feel full and unsatisfied quickly. Other than being very easy to drink, I can't think of any other positive. (250 characters)

Sometimes I like to throw on a wife beater and actually beat my wife. But only after I've drank Bud. The taste makes me so angry, it fuels the rage needed for domestic violence.

Harvested fresh from the bladders of Clydesdales, it has a piss-poor flavor that doesn't quit. I never enjoyed Budweiser, even when I managed to get my hands on a six pack when I was a teenager... And teenagers are usually happy to drink whatever they can get.

I don't understand when I see people walking out of CVS with 24 packs of this stuff. At least go with Miller or Coors if you're looking for cheap-s*it game day beer. (606 characters)

1.01/5  rDev -59.4%

Cutie reps at the bar had a computer set up to record commercials Q&A session for commercials should they like your answers....got a free Bud for my time. I smiled politely and accepted it, continuing to smile as I took a sip. But they could see in my eyes something was wrong. Skunky flavor, with a stale egg aftertaste. I plowed through a couple more sips before my taste buds over ruled and forced me to take a bow. A polite placement of the half full beer on the counter to check my phone then accidentally leave it behind as I walk away. (543 characters)

1.02/5  rDev -59%

Worst beer in the world. Horrible watered down junk. It's not even an American beer anymore. I cannot drink it ever, I refuse and I hate every and any beer that AH makes. They buy out other beers and destroy them, for example Bass beer use to be a great beer until AH bought them and started brewing it diffrent. Horrible company and an even more horrible product! Budweiser is the absolute worst beer I ever tasted! (416 characters)

Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch