Follow our progress ...

BudweiserBudweiser

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States | website

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

Added by kbub6f on 11-21-2000

Reviews: 1,629 | Ratings: 5,927

Had many times in past, but only twice in recent years, in 2012 with pork BBQ sandwich at Goldie's Trail BBQ, Vicksburg, and this month with rib tips at Interstate Barbecue, Memphis, straight from longneck bottle. No independent rating for appearance or aroma, because you should never pour it out of the bottle. Washed down rib tips very well, and reminded me how easy it used to be to drink many, many of these very quaffable beers.

3.22/5  rDev +32.5%

Looks like a clear golden color with streaming bubbles and a soapy fizzy head topping it.

Smells of something a bit sweet with a faint aroma of beer (barley, malts clean water). The nose is pretty faint on this one.

Taste is kind of a creamy sweet taste. Taste is not bad but there are better tasting adjunct lagers in my opinion.

Feel is a bit more thicker than other adjuncts, which is not much more because most adjuncts are a bit thin.

Overall I would tend to gravitate to another side of the beer aisle and leave this one for those Bud fans. Beer taste is very subjective and this one just passes me by. However I do recognize the fact that this is still a nicely brewed beer made to refresh the masses and I am sure there are plenty of Bud fans out there that enjoy this beer.

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL THOSE DADS OUT THERE! CHEERS BA BROS!

2.35/5  rDev -3.3%
look: 3 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.25

Pours a crisp golden color with a nice white head.

Smell is a murky conglomeration of skunk, grain, corn, malt and skunk.

Taste is a watered down array of grain, bleached malt and corn. The sweet corn flavors become more prominent as the beer warms. It wouldn't be awful except that the flavors are so watered down.

Feel is light crisp and chuggable.

Overall, its just objectively not a good beer.

1.28/5  rDev -47.3%

Pours well, has a head that quickly disappears. Color is gold and transparent. Smells terrible. I am getting a sour smell. First Taste I notice not a whole lot going on. It takes me several drinks before I begin to notice a confusing conglomeration of flavors. King Of Beers, not so much.

pours a clear straw with a big head that poofs. nose; light apple/pear, and very mild hops - smells like most pilsners. taste; if only the nose carried through a bit here. malted... rice(?), very mild hops, & starch. aftertaste falls away into an anemic, metallic wash. medium carbonation & mouthfeel. not as bad i as was expecting, but it's definitely a far cry from even the most run-of-the-mill craft offerings. the barley malt, hops & beechwood aging claimed on the can don't really show up here. if nothing else, it's close enough to water to be an actual thirst quencher.

1.22/5  rDev -49.8%
look: 1.25 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 1.25

Obligated to give The king of beers a 1.25 for taste and feel, because it is an obvious improvement upon it's younger brother's throne at the bottom of my rankings. Very little good can be said about this beer, The beechwood aging process seems to take a terrible beer recipe and make it worse somehow. I honestly don't know what they're hoping for, it's like a rice beer with an added flavor of pressure treated lumber. And somehow there's a subtle sweetness, that of a rotting cherry.

2.56/5  rDev +5.3%
look: 2 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

When I first started drinking beer, this is what I compared others to. This is what I thought all beer should taste like, well things have changed a lot since those days. A friend gave me a few 12 oz. bottles of this, so here it goes. Been a long time!

L- Pretty boring look to this beer. Light, almost see through yellow. Finger of head that vanished quickly. Good carbonation, no lacing what so ever.
S- Not much there, malt and wheat. Little musty.
T- Smooth drinking beer, don't taste the adjunct as much as coors or miller. Malt flavor with a nice wheat finish.
F- Very light feel for an AAL. Easy to drink a lot of these. Smooth mouth feel, easy finish.
O- This is popular for a reason, it's an easy drinking beer that gives more flavor than a light. My buddy loves this stuff and I have no problem with it. If someone were new to beer, I'd recommend this as a first time. My tastes have changed now and wouldn't personally buy this. But, as an adjunct lager, it's not a bad beer at all.

1.64/5  rDev -32.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

The only way I'd drink this garbage is if I've been working my ass off all day under the burning sun, have absolutely no money in my pocket and a friend happens to have spend the last of his cash on a six of this. Needless to say, that's not a common event. Drinking this is pretty close to drinking mineral water, it may have an okay feel if I'm dying of thirst under the burning sun of southern Texas, but that's about it. I don't understand how this is the best selling beer. People amaze me more and more as time goes by, not in the good way either.

2.38/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.5

Probably not the time to rate this beer. I just had an excellent IPA and decided to have a Bud because it has a much lower ABV than most of the beers on my agenda today. I will spare you the details but there are many craft lagers available that are low ABV but have a much better taste than Bud.

2.75/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.75

Pours a dark golden yellow with a finger and a half of white foam.

Field grains.

Field grains steeped in water. Beechwood my ass.

Light-bodied, high carbonation.

Crisp, clean, that's all she wrote.

2.98/5  rDev +22.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

I purchased a bottle of this from a Kwik Trip gas station in Schofield, WI. Budweiser pours a light golden hue with a thick head that dissipated quickly and a decent lacing. Aroma wise there isn't much going on that I can tell. It smells crisp and clean and that is about it. The flavor is watery at first and does have a decent adjunct grain like taste in the finish. Overall it is definitely not a fantastic beer but I have had much worse.

2.23/5  rDev -8.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

Okay, so I am getting a chance to review some fresh as the spring flowers I'm looking at. In this place Budweiser is a legit King and isn't meant to be bashed. However, I'm a seasoned beer drinker and know good ales and lagers. Budweiser is thin even for a lager. The world's best lagers have a texture and this lacks it. I believe apple juice would be thicker. It's flavor is a bit mild and skunk even for something so fresh. This stuff was 'born' 10 days ago.. it's actually a decent looking lager on the pour well until the head fades to absolutely nothing. It's aroma is fresh and filled with a buttery Budweiser malt.

Overall - for a brewery that is one of if not the richest, having the best of the best equipment, access to the best ingredients, and given the fact everyone claims how hard Budweiser is to brew, I find it hard to appreciate it any way I look at it. It let's the drinker down when looking at it in those aspects. Idc how hard it is to brew. But what do I know?.. people including these folk have been guzzling it for years and think it's a king.

2.98/5  rDev +22.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3

Poured from 25 oz can into pint glass. Pours a golden clear with a fizzy head that dies quickly. Little bit of lacing occasionally.
Smells of light grains and malt. Not any hops on the nose.
Tastes better than the smell, presenting a decent bitter start and semi-sweet middle with a nice finish. Not bad, honestly.
Mouthful is light/medium bodied.
Overall, Sure, it's one of the most popular beers ever. It's a macro lager, It makes sense.

1.91/5  rDev -21.4%

Appearance: very light in color, very fizzy
Aroma: very light aroma, light hop smell
Palate: highly carbonated,
Flavor: hoppy and bitter
Overall: very plain beer

1.8/5  rDev -25.9%

Today in honor of the St. Louis Blues playoff game I bought an 8 pack of 16 once cans iced cold and ready overnight to be poured into a pils glass. Far from a beer snob I was fired up and determined to love this beer.

There is nothing wrong with this beer other than it is the most bland and tasteless beer I have ever had with the exception of Coors Light. Inoffensively tasteless. A major letdown.

Will stick with Warsteiner and Radaberger on weekends and Schlitz Gusto on weeknights. Schlitz is far and away the best American non-craft beer , bar none, and annihilates "The KIng."

4.28/5  rDev +76.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.25

Well known beer, also had this in other country. It's a ok beer. Light and bitter and golden body with a small head. Finish with a grain and quick aftertaste

2.53/5  rDev +4.1%
look: 3 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.75

This beer is clear and rather dark yellow. It has some lacing and a fluffy white head. Smells fruity, sweet, and slightly grainy. I'm not too much of a fan of the overpowering sweet smell. It tasted malty sweet, fairly fruity, and somewhat skunky. The sweetness mixed with the blandness is not the best taste, though I can understand this flavor was designed with utility in mind - greatest pleasure for the greatest number. The feel is light-bodied and heavily carbonated. Not bad of a feel for a session beer. Overall, this is a decent macro American Adjunct Lager. I would recommend to starters, but no more than that. It smells skunky, is too strangely sweet, and offers nothing more.

3.36/5  rDev +38.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.5

A great all american beer. With a light brown color and not much head you can tell it is a mass produced beer, but it is light and refreshing with slight malt and a crisp taste.

1.53/5  rDev -37%

No offense, tastes just cheap to me, like a really watered down beer
Full of hops and no aroma other than that
tried with a brat but it wasn't any better to me
Bitter

3.71/5  rDev +52.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.75

One of my "Normally would drink" beer. Had its international impact, I drank this beer long before I came to US. Really typical wheat beer with smooth texture. Crystal clear appearance. Really easy to drink.

Light brown color. Very watery beer. Nothing very outstanding about this. wouldn't really recommend to anyone who really wants to taste a good beer. more of a college beer for people to drink because its cheap, easy, and people don't know what they like yet.

2.08/5  rDev -14.4%

Been a long time since I had this. We all use to drink this 30+ years ago. I always got a headache from it. Thought that was just normal till I started drinking Miller light and genuine draught, no headache wow.

3.81/5  rDev +56.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

At my favorite local watering hole, the Oakville Tap Haus. Poured into an official Budweiser glass from the tap, nitrogenates (Budweiser Signature draft).

Looks awesome in this glass, nice fluffy head, moderate amount of lacing. High carbonation.

Doesn't smell like much besides malt... And water. It's 31 degrees, I'm not expecting much

First sip I hardly tasted anything. Second... Well, I imagine this is what Budweiser is supposed to taste like. Malt, estery yeast, and heck, even the rice tastes okay. This is really something else on draft. Amazing. 100% better.

Feel? Very smooth yet also just like water. Perfect for warm weather.

No, it's not very complex but it's Budweiser. I love the malt flavor and I'm a St. Lousian to the core; this is America's classic beer! Cheers for Anheuser Busch, and to all those that lost their livelihoods to the Belgian takeover. Here's to hoping AB survives into the future.

3.09/5  rDev +27.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

From the monster can, it pours a golden with a large fluffy head, which dissipates to a thin ring. Constant stream of bubbles from the bottom. Smell does not send me anywhere and the taste is clean and unoffensive.

3.15/5  rDev +29.6%

Long recognized as a standard among AALs, this one's close to the top. Excellent quality control, wide distribution, often on sale, lots to recommend it except the taste. I think the flavor is fine, clean, crisp, consistent as MacDonalds. Having been exposed to more flavorful beers I just don't want to step back.

Not bad, just not especially good, or, I should say, not my kinda good.

Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch