Budweiser | Anheuser-Busch

BudweiserBudweiser

Anheuser-Busch
Missouri, United States | website

Style: American Adjunct Lager

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

Added by kbub6f on 11-21-2000

Reviews: 1,615 | Ratings: 5,865
1.93/5  rDev -20.6%

A guy bought a round of beers for the whole kitchen staff on new years so I thought it would be a good time to review it as I would never buy it.
Poured a very light almost gold yellow color with absolutly no head at all even after a pretty hard pour. No aroma except maybe a slight hint of malt. Flavor is very bland and onesided with barely any malt flavor pretty much all just what i would believe to be a rice flavor and no hops at all. The mouthfeel is very watery with a signifigant fizzy carbonation that makes you burp a lot. Definetly a beer I would avoid and if all that was available I still would not order it.

1.75/5  rDev -28%

well, i dont really know what to write about this beer. its better if you drink this instead of bud light, but really, you are better off paying for a six pack of something good rather than spend/waste your money on this beer. good try by AB, but it really is a slap in the face to the German name of this beer

1.46/5  rDev -39.9%

Obviously, the review for this beer is less interesting than the way in which I obtained it. A friend handing them out on her street corner at 4am.

I think the King of beers has a seriously perverse inclination towards pedophelia. I'll get back to that...

Canary yellow with chemically engineered head and lace. Macro smell of corn, rice, grain, wait where are those HOPS advertised on the can?

Sweet, faint, and watery, this is the quintessential nothingness beer.

At first I didn't mind it but the taste was killing me before I even finished the bottle. The taste is so sweet and cloyingly corny that it seems like this beer is engineered to grab young drinkers' soda drenched palates.

Not to mention the way in which they advertise to the youngest-common-demoninator. Bad Buttwiper, bad.

A distilled dirt sandwich.

1.48/5  rDev -39.1%

Well, its a beer. I starting with this beer and will try to do ten. It pours with a small head that diminishes quickly. Looks very effervescent. Metallic nose, maybye some adjunct rice. Taste, not much. I could be refreshing if served very cold. I could drink many if that is what is around.

2.33/5  rDev -4.1%

Well...for some unknown reason the other night, I was debating whether to get a bottle of Czechvar or ??at Redbones, and since I have had Czechvar, I took the plunge, ordered a Bud and a glass and decided to have this beer and review it. Actually I was surprised...it was better than the Rolling Rock I had a few weeks prior. Here goes: Crystal clear faint yellow in color. Carbonation rises in glass. I was disapointed that I received no head from this beer and I was doing the pouring... I tried hard, but the beer refused to top itself off. Aroma is faint, but I detected an underwhelming jelly bean like smell. The beer was pretty much ice cold out of the cooler...I of course dutifully let it linger as long as I could, but it never seemed to warm up. Tastewise...what can you say...nothing till the very end when you encounter a bit of tartness or lemonyness in the finish. Mouthfeel was medium --, prickly, and makes you burp. Drinkability...I have to say that this beer was darn easy to drink, I finihsed the whole thing, and made a mental note that if I stroll down the macro path again, an ice cold bud is not going to be a horrible thing.

2.71/5  rDev +11.5%

11/28/04- Purchased at HP Pavillion Shark Tank in San Jose, CA

Appearance- Pours with a foamy, big bubbled, white head. A very pale colored yellow and next to no lacing. About the color you pee should be if you are a healthy person :)

Smell- Really doesn't smell like anything. Not bad, not good, maybe some grain?

Taste- Surprisingly not that horrible. Some grainy rice taste to it. No hops or anything like that though.

Mouthfeel- Nice carbonation, went down pretty damn easy.

Drinkability- Hmmm, I guess this means I have to try the other big 2 macro's and compare now. Not as horrible as everyone says. I wouldn't go out and seek it, but if it's all they had and I was thirsty as hell I would pop one open. Heck, I didn't pay for either one of them, so that makes it taste a little better too :)

2.47/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 2 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Light pale yellow color body. White fizzy looking head that lasts about 30 seconds. Smell is grassy with some maltiness. Taste is sugary up front followed by a light bready flavor and then some corn and rice adjuncts. No hops present whatsoever. Mouthfeel is a little overcarbonated but its not horrible. I don't really enjoy bud but I can easily drink a six pack if this was all thats available. Take this bad boy brew for what it is. Suc it up and drink a few ice cold buds with your buddies because this is what they are probably drinking (remember... ingest ICE COLD).

Ahhh the king of beers. Well, maybe the king of macro swill. It is what it is and it is a very clean crisp American lager that is super easy to drink. I used to drink a lot of this beer and that was because it is so easy to drink no matter what season it is. I know it is pretty boring when compared to the many different styles of beer available, but when it comes to adjunct lagers this is the king. It has little taste, but for the style that is a good thing. I give the King all 5's, but remember, that is only for it's style. In the grand scheme of beer it ranks much lower.

2.05/5  rDev -15.6%

This serving was acquired after the brewery tour in St Louis, MO (which is actually very funny to go on if you're a serious beer drinker). - this review ONLY applies to the sample from the brewery, as it is definitely different in tasting than purchased/ packaged Bud.
Bright yellow color with a quickly dissipating head (if you can really call it a head). Large bubbles. A lot of concentration is required to detect any significant aroma one way or the other.
Not really any detectable bitterness (again, you gotta look for it).HOWEVER- it is actually very crisp and drinkable at the brewery. It lacks the "sour" flavor and acrid sense I get from a serving anywhere else (bottle, bar tap, etc). It is refreshing (in the way that any cold beverage is), and really does taste like something I'd want to drink while painting the garage.

So I know everybody loves to slam AB for their "flagship" product; however, the stuff from the brewery is actually drinkable, and if it tasted like this from the store, I might actually buy one or two six packs a year.

2.34/5  rDev -3.7%

Here before me I have a Budweiser. Budweiser I bought for the sole purpose of reviewing. This is something I haven't had since I've been thinking about beers enough to review them. Standard 12oz longneck.

Poured aggressively into a well-cleaned glass, but only minimal head that was gone in about ten seconds. Good Lord. I haven't seen a beer that looked this pathetic since I was drinking Bud Light from a keg last football season. Oh, no! It's that smell I used to think of as "beer smell'" clean and ricey. Oh well, if I remembenr correctly the taste isn't nearly as bad.

Taste -This tastes like nothing.

How anyone can be offended by an ice cold budweiser is beyond me.

2.48/5  rDev +2.1%

I couldn’t recall the last time I’d had a Bud (maybe a ten years?), but on a night out for some barbequed spareribs, I found myself having a few. The establishment didn’t have much to choose from, and I was enthusiastic to give it a shot.
Served from an oversized pint glass, the beer was yellow, clear, and had a thin white head. The head disappeared quickly, but the beer remained notably carbonated. There’s not a lot of aroma…faint graininess and a touch of hops, but they’re not worth the olfactory hunt. It’s light, watery, and has a touch of hops. Again, not much in the flavor department. Served cold, I have to say it was a refreshing accompaniment to the meal. It just doesn’t carry much flavor on it’s own. It’s the centerpiece of an American style, and the rightful target of both praise and derision. From my point of view, I’d have it again under similar circumstances, but I wouldn’t be disappointed if I had to wait another ten years.

2.91/5  rDev +19.8%

The King of Beers or so it says

Appearance-nice golden color, a foamy head that sticks around for a few then dissapears slowly

Smell-DNS, rice, alcohol, the smell is there it's just not that pleasent

Taste-Very smooth, pale dry finish, a little bit of cooked grain lingers and even perhaps a slight hops taste thrown in the back. Not bad at all.

Mouthfeel-it's a smooth beer, the aftertaste could be slightly better but it's not too bad. Nothing to write home about though.

Drinkability-this beer can easily be drank in large quanities, it's not expensive it won't fill you up, it would probably do fine on a hot day.

Overall-the standard for American beers, a run of the mill lager with distinct smoothness, a crisp if somewhat bland taste and a watery sort of character. There are no factors that make it truly exceptional but also none that make it bad. I find it better than Miller Genuine Draft and leaps and bounds better than its cousin Bud Light. Drink extra cold, a warm Bud will make you gag for weeks.

2.54/5  rDev +4.5%

As everyone will always tell me "Bud is awful, don't try it", but I decided I had to experience at least once. I purchased a 750 ml can, on the pour I marvelled at its flourescent urine colour. Smell, hops? Maybe? Taste... It is like carbonated watered down apple juice, but it didn't make me retch, it was kinda refreshed actually. Very watery mouthfeel, and quite carbonated. I COULD drink this all day and probably will if I was given a case, but I can think many other things I would rather have. Not nearly as bad as everyone says though, kind of enjoyed swilling it down... except the colour? comes out the same colour it went in.

2.15/5  rDev -11.5%

Many years ago when I was young, spotty and constantly randy, I had a Bud because it said 'beer'. Not one to enjoy lagers I was quite stunned that this was called a beer. I couldn't finish it. I never drank a Bud again. Until today. I was curious. This is the most famous beer in the world - the most popular beer in the world - and the one with more contempt poured on it's little crowned head than any other beer in the world. It's the beer used as a yardstick for bad beer - 'The Budweiser of Russia', 'As bland as a Bud', 'Almost as bad as a Bud - if that's possible!', etc. I was obviously curious. It had been many years since I'd had that other Bud. A distant memory remained, but the memory can play tricks. Also, I had drunk a number of lagers or blonde beers since then and found that a few were quite palatable. I was curious. The colour is not encouraging - the urine sample of an anaemic ant on it's death bed would produce something with more body. Anyway, the nose, the smell, the aroma is disappointing. There's nothing there. It's not bad, it's not good. It's just not there. But the taste was rather surprising. Honey, butter, fresh grass, smooth, creamy, a fizz, quite pleasant... Lacking distinctive character, maybe... or maybe not. I reckon I could tell a Bud from a Corona or a Moosehead. Don't get me wrong - I don't think this is a class act. I don't even think it reaches the heights of an average beer. But it aint a dog. It's more of a bitch, and when you're desperate... Well, go for it behind closed doors and don't tell the neighbours.

Re-rate. I was just given this in a customer's house. I had difficulty finishing it. I wasn't paying attention to the butter flavours, I was just struggling to get it down. [1.2]

Light lemon colour. Faint malt and corn aroma. Some sweetness. Honey, vanilla, fresh grass, honeysuckle. Vanishes quickly. Watery texture. [1.5]

2.34/5  rDev -3.7%

I put aside my hatred of the evil empire briefly to taste and judge the king of beers for BA. The last time I had it was about 12 years ago. Actually, I was at a banquet with an open bar where beer drinkers were forced to drink it or a lite. Trying to be objective I came up with the following.
Pours a bright yellow with a fluffy white head that left a trace of lace. The aroma was a bare smell of grain with some alcohol.
It went down ok but the bubbles were a bit busy on the tongue. The taste was essentially an absence of malt. There was some bitterness but it faded quickly.
What was left was a craving for beer. I had to wait through the door prizes before I could hurry home and have something with malt and hops.

2.06/5  rDev -15.2%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I don't know how I've managed to avoid reviewing this for so long. My first 2 years of college I was essentially a bud drinker, then I turned 21 and discovered options inside liquor stores and this site. I'm reviewing this alongside Czechvar.
Pours a golden straw color with a large head full of large soapy looking bubbles. Nose hmmm... didn't really pick up that much and i'm afraid that if i try too hard, i'll end up snorting this beer instead of drinking it. First taste doesn't yield much information. This beer doesn't want to be profiled. Finally a sweet malt flavor (from cereals?) comes through on the finish. There is nothing too offending about this beer, but there isn't really anything redeeming about it either. I guess Bud will always have a place on the shelf and it continues to provide enjoyment to a slew of people. As for me, I'll leave the bud to all those who enjoy it.

2.34/5  rDev -3.7%

Bud pours a pale golden color with a small white head. Its appearance looks good but that is a little deceiving.

There is little to no smell, no hops, no malt, no nothing. The taste is decent that of any generic American macro. I will give it crisp and refreshing as the ads say though that can only help it so far.

Its mouthfeel is only about as much as water so not much in that department, though i guess it is smooth as claimed. The drinkability is pretty good, which is a given since it shares many characteristics with its main ingredient, water.

This beer is good i guess for a macro, but not compared to much anything else, it may be good to have around when your working hard on a hot summer day, but probably not for much else.

2.4/5  rDev -1.2%

a-bright yellow with a small white head
s-slightly hoppy and malty smell
t-very ricey with a slight hoppy after taste
m and d- very watery making it go down easily and neatrul on taste

I figured id give this beer more of a chance inead of bashing it so much. Still not impressed but its a step better tha a lot of its macro competion.

1.88/5  rDev -22.6%

It's a mystery to me why this is America's best-selling beer. Must be all the ads with the Clydesdales and the funny talking frogs, because to me Bud is a perfect example of a second-rate product that nonetheless dominates its market; other examples are Bose, McDonalds and Microsoft. The taste is somewhere between bitter and sour, and it smells kinda funny too!

Basically, I will drink Bud only if there's no other beer available, like at a ball game or street fair where A-B has obtained monopoly status. Even then, I may pour out the last 1/4 of the cup, or choose a Coke or lemonade instead. I can't really say it's a BAD beer, just mediocre-minus. Well, yeah, maybe I can. Some of my friends call it "Buttwiper" or "Crudweiser."

1.3/5  rDev -46.5%

Bottle: Poured a clear golden beer with almost no head. I won’t surprise anybody by saying that there is no aftertaste and general aroma is very weak. Pretty much the only thing I could pick-up was some sweetness. I personally don’t care about this but I got to admit that this the perfect macro beer, i.e. no taste, no head, a little bit sweet for that extra refreshing feeling – everything that people who don’t really like beer but still drink it like to see and taste.

2.65/5  rDev +9.1%

Bud - the "American" icon of beer. Well I guess we are known better for other things than our beer here in America. Popular drink at my local biker bar in Cleveland. Everyone here seems to be split between it and Rolling Rock. Again I say "local biker bar" , mostly folks who have never had the opportunity to taste anything besides Bud. So I drink it on occasion when I win one off the pool table. Color is unimpressive , reminiscent of urine in a bottle. Smell is pretty much nonexisetent. After taste isnt too bad , flat and uninspiring, which lends to its drinkability as you can chug it like a bottle of water. the taste itself is beer like , but no strong features about it in any department. I would cringe when I was stationed in Germany and drinking at a local bar when i would see young servicemembers come in and order a "Butt-wiper" , your in Germany for God's sake , home of Bier!! forget voting for President Vs King of Beers , we need a revolution and institute a dictatorship where all beer is required to taste good...

2.45/5  rDev +0.8%

Whatever, it's Bud. I got an 18 pack and an accompanying Seattle Seahawks t-shirt as a present and I'm not enough of a snob to criticize the gift-giver's perception of my taste in beer. Of course there's the almost clear yellow color and the hint of actual beer taste, but as long as it's really cold and you aren't drinking enough to get to headache levels, decent alternative to a soft drink. Note that this Bud was brewed under licence by Labatt's.

1.33/5  rDev -45.3%

Bud is one of the most tasteless brews I have ever encountered and had the unfortunate luck of consuming. If it's free then it makes it less painful (wedding reception) to consume. Other than it's "clear" it has no redeeming qualitiies in my book. Pure crap in a can or bottle with a headache attached if you drink too much "free" at a party.

1.15/5  rDev -52.7%

Reviewing Bud is a tough assignment. On the one hand, I'm pretty sure the piss from the horses in the commercial are what they bottle and sell to us as the beer. On the other hand, it is a cultural icon and a dynasty of a football team, managing to beat out Bud Light for the Budbowl three years in a row (which, in this age of free agency and salary caps, is quite an achievement). Reviewing Bud is like reviewing America, and it turns out we like crap that we can make a lot of. Henry Ford, I salute you.

1.51/5  rDev -37.9%

Granted, there is something there that one can taste (shudder). Bud pours a decent transparent straw color with plenty of carbonation. Light on the tongue going down in comparison to the awful aftertaste.

I have consumed this offering in my young, dumb, and poor days. Never again.

If you feel the need to drink this shyte, make sure that you have some Gatorade and extra strength Tylenol on hand. The next morning is comparable to death warmed over. "Headache in a bottle."

Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch