Budweiser - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 11-21-2000

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Budweiser Alström Bros

1.25/5  rDev -46.8%

2.51/5  rDev +6.8%

Served in a pint glass. Yellow brown gold, with rising carb. Smell is almost non existent, faint sweetness and hop but very faint. Surprisingly crisp feel with spicy taste, grainy finish. This is better than the usual bottle. Not a bad choice for an on a budget bar visit.

2.5/5  rDev +6.4%

3.36/5  rDev +43%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3.5

I had my first Budweiser at a local tavern. Understandably, my review seems to fall out of the norm, however, I must admit, I very much enjoyed this brew. I am a Belgian-white lover, hands-down. But the crispness was hard to deny. Frankly, it was quite refreshing, the head left something to be desired but my pallet was quenched. On occasion, I think I'll be back.

1.5/5  rDev -36.2%

2.54/5  rDev +8.1%

Poured from a tallboy (24 oz.) can into a pint glass. Color was very clear, pale ale. Maybe ¾ inches of head. Light lacing on the top that dissipated in roughly 10 minutes. Non-existent on the film.

Smelled of corn malts with some grains mixed in. Decent bite of alcohol that ended up dominating the aftertaste.

Tasted of sweet, corn malts, a bit better than the smell. Rather smooth and watery. A bit metallic or canny, but it still worked.

Light body. Thin texture. Average carbonation. Abrupt finish.

Overall it was bit higher than I expected, but I knew I never had a problem with Budweiser. Something about Bud in a can seems pretty damn manly.

1.89/5  rDev -19.6%

My saga to lower my average score continues. Tallboy poured into a pilsner glass (this is a pilsner, right?).

3.5 A: Compared to the Bud Light I recently had, this looks like a stout. Noncomparatively, this is pale yellow and super clear. Nearly three fingers of frothy white head with average retention and a decent amount of lacing.

2.0 S: Dry, dusty graininess with nothing else going on. Maybe some rice.

1.0 T: This is truly fucking awful. I can't remember the last time I had this beer (it might have been while I was under age), but I never thought it would be so awful. It's paradoxically tasteless and sickeningly sweet in a rice sort of way.

3.0 M: I can't complain a whole lot about the mouthfeel. It's crisp and light and not ridiculously overcarbonated like most of these types of beers.

1.5 D: The only reason this gets a 1.5 instead of a 1.0 is because the mouthfeel isn't horrible. I can't believe this is this bad though.

Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch