Budweiser - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 11-21-2000

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.
to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Ratings: 5,296 | Reviews: 1,608

2.64/5  rDev +12.3%

Pale, straw yellow with a nice white head. Aroma is nothing much other than light earthy scents and grass. Taste is light malt and corn with a decent, smooth mouthfeel. But where's the hop aroma and bitterness? Where's the uniqueness of character? Well, we all know it really isn't there and isn't meant to be there. Still, it's my go-to beer when there is no craft or micros around...

1.5/5  rDev -36.2%

1.5/5  rDev -36.2%

2.41/5  rDev +2.6%

If I had to sell beer at a stadium I would walk through the aisles saying, "We've got Miller. We've got Coors. We'VE GOt BeeCHWOOD!"

This is the King of Beers, American beers at least. After tasting about 6 different 4oz. pours of craft brews (>7% abvs) I was served this out of an unmarked bottle. This was uncharacteristically light compared to all the brews I had tried prior in the night. My tasting notes were as such:
light
crisp
honey (colored)
golden

For the life of me I could not pick up any distinct taste and thats because I was secretly given Bud. I will say if there is only domestics on tap at a bar, I'll go for this one as opposed to the light beers as it packs the most punch for your dollar. Hey it's American. If nothing else heed the words of craft beersmiths throughout the nation, if you don't like Budwiser you at least have to respect their consistancy.

3.28/5  rDev +39.6%

The King of Beers for sure...so naturally everyone wants to bash it. At the end of the day (or night), it is not too shabby for an adjunct lager. It stands up to others of its kind in a blind taste test. Everything about this beer is clean and crisp, except for maybe the smell. Even fresh Bud has an off-putting, corn-y, barlike aroma. Rarely do I seek it out, but when given a choice of adjuncts, Bud is still king.

I give it a fair rating and thus I was forced to review

2.2/5  rDev -6.4%

Poured from a bottle into a glass.

A-Golden straw color with a one finger head with no retention or lacing to speak of.

S-Smell of some grains, maybe corn and some hops. Not really alot going on here.

T-Taste is similar to the smell. Not very exciting.

M-Okay carbonation and light bodied.

O-Overall this isn't a very exciting beer. The king of beers seems to be kind of an overstatement. Still, I would rather drink this than Bud Light.

3.5/5  rDev +48.9%

2.5/5  rDev +6.4%

to view all ratings, reviews and sorting options.
Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch