Budweiser - Anheuser-Busch

good

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 11-21-2000)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Budweiser Alström Bros
1.4/5  rDev -40.4%

I do not like Budweiser. I know this and yet, when a case was on sale a couple weeks back, it seemed like a good idea to split on one with some friends. I ended up having 2 and then stopped drinking for the night. The feel in the mouth and the appearance are not terrible, but definitely nothing special.

The taste is beyond bad. A lot of beers get knocked on hear for not having any taste, particularly the huge light beers (Coors Light, Bud Light, etc...), there is a fair amount of taste with Budweiser, it's just a bad taste, that makes me want to drink anything else, but.

3.4/5  rDev +44.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

It is the king of beers and there is a reason for it. You can find it anywhere and it never fails to refresh. Great price, good ABV, and a fine taste. You can't go wrong with a Bud at any gathering, any time of the day or year. When in doubt, grab some Buds.

The smell is bland, but with a decent head and a refreshing taste, you have found a winner in Budweiser. It is hands down the best macro in the world. It's tough to rank it against many micros because different times call for different brews. BBQ's, baseball games, concerts, etc... Budweiser cannot be beat. Lounging on the couch at a relaxing gathering with friends, maybe it can be beat. But all in all, this is a good buy for any circumstance.

2.53/5  rDev +7.7%

Drank this beer out of a can while visiting friends in Brooklyn! Super hot day and we bought a round of beers. Not my first sure but I was not buying them!

Everyone was drinking out of a can but I poured the last half of mine into a glass. Strange beer! Really light yellow color. Its almost clear! The head was nice at least. Really night tight white foam. But the beer was almost clear!

Smelled kind of weird. Some hops in there but then a wierd green apple smell. Same in the taste too.

The mouthfeel was the worst thing about this beer. Crazy thin taste. Tastes like nothing is there or not a lot of ingredients went into it. Tastes thin!

Overall a below average beer. How did this ever become so popular?

1.58/5  rDev -32.8%

This is the beer I'd steal from my Dad. Need to review it. Had warm on tap at concert. pours a pale yellow. no head. no lacing. smells of corn oil. taste is acrid. needs to be cold. i guzzled one on line for restroom so i wouldn't have to prolong the agony. Mouthfeel is off, tacky? Needs to be cold. easy drinkin though. yea, I made the right choice to mature up to craft.

2.42/5  rDev +3%

Took down several pints during this year's Stampede.

A - Pours a pale golden colour, thin layer of head with no retention or lacing.

S - Bready and grassy with sweet corn.

T - Much like the scent, very bready with some corn notes.

M - Carbonation levels are good on this one, so I can't give it a bad rating here.

O - Certainly not my beer of choice, but I would never turn one down.

1.68/5  rDev -28.5%

Poured from a 12oz can into a pint glass.

A: pours a fizzy yellow with not head to speak of.

S: Bad adjuncts and week hops. Smells like that one dive bar that never mops its floors.

T: Grainy, rough. The undeniable lack of barley flavour starts this off. Hops are actually perceptible, but lack any kind of punch or stand-alone flavour.

D: I'll give it this: it can be refreshing on a hot day...well unless you have some ice water instead. Mouthfeel is far to thin and body is far too overcarbonated.

Overall: What more to say? Its just a bad beer. Of course compared to the thousands of quality beers out there, but even compared to other bad American lagers, this is just tasteless and borderline offensive. The fact that this is the most popular beer in the world is both saddening and slightly pathetic.

1.68/5  rDev -28.5%

A - Color is pale yellow. Head dies down to nothing in a matter of seconds. Yep, we're off to a great start.

S - Corn. Yay corn. The nose has a strong sweetness with a bit of malt character in there too ... but it's not impressive by any stretch of the imagination.

T - As my Dad used to say, this is beer flavored water. I really can't think of a better way to describe it. There's just a bit of corn/malt flavor to it, but nothing else. So much for the "king of beers".

M - Mouthfeel simply reminds me of slightly carbonated water.

O - Budweiser is a beer to be enjoyed during beer pong, college parties, and whenever it's the last brew in the fridge.

2.8/5  rDev +19.1%

A: Really pale with a white head that has pretty crappy retention.

S: Lots of grain, cereal malts, corn and who knows what else. Slightly sweet on the nose.

T: I'll take this over Bud Light any day, but not over too much else. Grains, malt, honey and a strange metallic sourness towards the finish. Drinkable, but not exactly memorable.

2.4/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Can

Thanks for sharing Sam!

A clear, golden highly-carbonated beer with a quickly forming but a quickly disappearing white head. Little to no lacing down the glass.

A slight sweet aroma with some corn elements, though something seems a bit foul.

Relatively flavorless. Some corn, some sweet grain, nearly no hop presence at all.

Light mouthfeel and a touch of metallic unpleasantness.

The average American adjunct lager. No more, no less. No good. (Though, to be fair, it is better than Bud Light and Bud Light Lime!...so there's that...)

1.68/5  rDev -28.5%

Pales a very clear light golden with an enormous bone white head that prevented me from pouring the 12 oz. bottle into my 16 oz mug until it receded, which it readily did. It left some lacing, but it didn't look very appetizing.
It smells like old wet grains that have been sitting around for a while.
The taste was more soggy cheap bread taste with some nasty tasting hops. It may have a BIT more flavour than other beers in its price range, but that taste is NOT good. It's almost as bad as that weird taste they put in all light beer.
Bad beer. Worse than Busch.

1.83/5  rDev -22.1%

12 oz can split into a Central Waters tulip. (Sorry Paul...)
27Oct10 "Born On date", no info.

Thanks to my brother?

A - An effervescent white head tops the pale piss-yellow brew shortly before disappearing into oblivion.

S - Almost no aroma at all. Faint rice and moldy wood with mineral and malt. This is shameful, but I suppose anyone that drinks it will never actually smell it.

T - Pale malt and low rice notes with an uncontrollable flavor burst of beechwood! Ha. Really, there isn't much going on here. It's honestly not offensive, but definitely not great.

M - Light-bodied and crisp with a slightly dry finish. Lingering off metallic notes creep in and knock it back a peg.

O - I'm clearly not a fan of the company's business practices or their swill but this beer isn't offensive. It's just not good.

3.1/5  rDev +31.9%

The one thing I truly take away from this beer is that it taste like just beer. The response that I have to a beer seems to always come back to a comparison of styles to budweiser. It is average to me in every aspect of what a beer is. The label is the most impressive feature here but it is also the only impressive feature.

1.83/5  rDev -22.1%

Bought a case specifically for one neighbor for a party I held last weekend. Lucky me, my neighbor barely dented the case! Here's my review for a beer I don't care for but will review unbiasedly as I can.

Pours a clear straw color with white head that fades to thin film after a few minutes. Crystal clear in color. Looks like seltzer water with some beer for color.

Smells of wet grains. Nothing to desire here.

Tastes of a grainy corn or rice like sweetness. Mostly bland. Not really consumed for taste. Yet strangely not too offensive. Bland.

Very watery mouthfeel. Not very bitter. Reminds me of seltzer or club soda.

Not an attractive beer by any means. I'll need help running through the case. Will likely give away to the same neighbor. Even still, I've had way worse. Have to hand it to Bud for putting out such a consistent bland product for the masses.

2.28/5  rDev -3%

I have never had Budweiser in my life! This will be my first experience with this extremely popular brew. Hopefully the "King of Beers" can impress me just a little (I'm not expecting a whole lot).

It pours a VERY pale yellow colour. I just reviewed MGD, but this is even more pale than that!. There is almost no head to speak of.

There isn't much of an aroma... which I suppose is part of the point of such a massively appealing beer. Smells like wet grains a little... Kind of typical for this type of macro lager.

The flavour is quite a bit better than I expected given the look and smell. There is quite a bit of sweetness here, which I enjoy in some Asian lagers. The carbonation is quite intense, but there is also a little bit of hop flavour going on. I want to say that I'm getting a little bit of a banana aftertaste going on, but I don't want to pay this beer too high of a compliment. I might just be a little buzzed (3rd beer tonight).

Overall, not the worst beer I've had tonight hahaha!

2.23/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 3 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

A- Light golden colour, thin head which vanishes a few sips into the drink.

S - Grass, carbonation smells, light grains.

T- For the most part it is like the smell, add a sweet, nectar, sugary taste, and some sweetened white bread.

MF - Thin, like water, a lot of carbonation, far too much for my liking, it seems to take away from any more pronounced flavour which could be appreciated with this particular beer.

O - Standard macrobrew, content yourself for what it is, certainly not the worst of them, but if one is ever stuck, 'it would do'.

2.95/5  rDev +25.5%

It has been quite a while since I had one of these... born on date of Jan 06 2011, not the freshest. I must say that those who say there is no discernible difference in taste between Bud, BL, ML, Coors, PBR, etc. are flat-out wrong. This Bud, for example, is a very different tasting beer compared to AALs that I am more acquainted with such as PBR and/or Narragansett. The aroma is very light and has faint Sake-like notes of rice and alcohol. The taste is very light as well, offering almost no bitterness but lots of pale crisp dryness and a bit of an alcohol punch. The feel is sharply effervescent and is an integral part of the overall brew. Not the best beer, but it is not as bad as, say, Bud Light or Michelob Ultra.

1.85/5  rDev -21.3%

(hopefully) the last of my July 4th AAL tour of duty, lol.

Pale yellow and clear, a torrent of bubbles explodes and forms a two finger which dissipates very quickly, leaving some lacing.

Smell is unremarkable. Slightly grainy with some adjuncts.

Taste is somewhat sweet, grainy, and lightly malty. Slight bit of a rice taste.

Feel is very carbonated, extremely light, and leaves a slightly unpleasant aftertaste.

Overall for a "flagship" beer I can't for the life of me figure out why this beer is so popular. It's nearly flavorless and doesn't leave me wanting another in any way.

2.65/5  rDev +12.8%

Had this with the girlfriend's family on Independence Day. Thought I might as well review it. From notes. Poured into a Troegs pint glass.

Beer creates a huge 2 finger frothy white head that cascades up quickly and dissipates just as fast. Beer is a clear goldenrod that reveals huge bubbles. Sticky, web-like lacing is actually a nice touch.

Nose is really undetectable. Kind of aluminum-like with a bit of odd tartness that can't really be placed. Not bad, but not much to be noted at all.

Beer opens super sweet and malty. I feel like I'm drinking a middle-of-the-road berlinger weisse that isn't sour but instead is replaced by sweetened lemon juice. No finish or aftertaste. Gets even sweeter as it warms to the point when I feel like I'm having sugar water with a few hop pellets thrown in.

Light bodied and highly carbonated. Abrasive, crisp, and honestly, pretty refreshing. No finish and no aftertaste.

This beer serves its purpose well as a thirst quencher. No offensively bad flavors and no notable good ones. Very one dimensional and plain overall, serviceable for a hot summer day or a family BBQ.

3.65/5  rDev +55.3%

A - Nice big foamy head. Pour is aggressive. Brew is piss color with great clarity.

S - Lots of rice and corn. No hop or malt. Very typical AAL.

T - Good balance for the style. Compared to other styles, this brew is weak, but to other AALs its extraordinary. Very fulfilling brew. Lots of smooth flavor. Doesn't pack the large punch (high abv) of micros.

M - Smooth, delicious, refreshing on a hot day. No bitterness. Perfect carbonation and wonderful medium body. Super easy to put down.

O - I poured this brew into a glass, but drinking it out of a can is almost a must. Definitely one of the better BMC pairings. The 4th of July can is the shiz, best can ever. Brew is best served *ICE* cold

2.28/5  rDev -3%

Never reviewed this one even though I've had it a million times. These are the cool American flag cans for the 4th.

Poured into a pils glass. Pours a super lite golden color. Very clear. Nice bubbles though. The one finger white head dissapated to a super thin film. Very little lacing if any.

Not much to be said about the aroma. Just kinda a bit of malt. Very slight pils aroma.

Taste is also bland. Just a bit of malt but then a crispness. Not much else

Mouthfeel is pretty much dry and a bit of refreshing crispness. But it could use a bit more body.

Overall this beer is just good for beer pong really. Wouldn't enjoy it on it's own.

2.48/5  rDev +5.5%

Another one of STL's worst beers that I was nearly forced into at a concert. Got it out of a can.

Poured this clear pale straw colored American Adjunct Lager out of a classy can and into a classy plastic cup. It produced a decent off white head. The head retention is piss poor. Almost zero lace. The aroma of this beer is actually not bad when compared to other Adjunct Lager's = it has some hint of grain but it is mostly sweet smelling- it does have some slight floral hop quality. The taste is slightly bitter, slight hints of grain but no real hop flavor. Probably because its not "triple hops brewed". I did detect a flavor of beachwood...Okay I didnt really. Very watery.

A.

2.5/5  rDev +6.4%

This is the first out of my collection of six foreign lagers (non-Dutch).

First of all, the label.
It says that this is the best beer in the world. Appearantly there is no other brew that costs so much to brew. I find that VERY hard to believe...

The beer is very pale, probably more pale than a Corona Extra.
It has good carbonation.

The smell is very faint and what I smell is in one word: cheap. It has a slight corn/grain scent.

Taste is incredibly bland. It truely tastes like sparkling water with a dash of Heineken added to it. The good thing about a weak taste is that it does not taste horrible either. It has a bit of a strange aftertase, probably because of the adjunct.

Overall a very weak beer, especially because I am into craftbeer now since last winter. Would work well while sitting outside with 30+ degrees Celsius though. But even then there are better alternatives.

2.03/5  rDev -13.6%

A: Light yellow with a somewhat foamy white head that dissolves quickly. Very spotty lacing forms and is gone just as fast.

S: Mostly corn and some adjunct, little bit of grain and slight metallic aroma.

T: Pretty weak, some corn and grain, a slight bready malt component and an extremely faint floral flavor. Slight sweetness on the finish.

M: Light to medium bodied with high carbonation. Not the easiest to drink actually, as it has a slighty gritty texture.

O: Just as bad as I remember it. Not very flavorful at all, which is why it appeals to a large population. Plenty of other adjuncts I would prefer...if I have to drink one.

2.25/5  rDev -4.3%

I love how people write reviews as if they are trying this beer for the first time as they are writing. Didn't any of you go to college?

So I am sure no one needs to read these reviews anyways but the beer is straw yellow, a half finger head forms. The smell is of barely. Taste is bitter which is noticeable immediately and remains long after you have finished the beer. The beer tastes and looks watered down but really its just lack of hop flavoring.

2.3/5  rDev -2.1%

A leftover can purchased for my father to consumer during our Father's Day cookout has been chilling in my fridge. I'm taking it out to review tonight. Born on date is 19 April 2011; it is poured into a pint glass.

Clear straw liquid contains many stream of carbonation, as well as patches of bubbles clinging to the sides of the glass. The head is small, white, and made up of smaller sized bubbles. It disappears quickly and leaves a skim of foam. Swirling the glass leaves a slight film, but it returns to the body quickly, as if it was never there.

The aroma is of corn, which is normally an unpleasant scent, but as far as corn aromas go, this one isn't awful.

When it is served cold, this beer doesn't taste half-bad, considering the generally unappealing nature of the style. There is some corn sweetness and a bit of bitterness, but really, most of the flavor is masked by the low temperature...as it should be. It's hard to give a 1 to something you can't really taste.

Watery with lots of carbonation—that's standard for the style, right?

This beer isn't too bad; I'm not sure it deserves the across the board 1 scores that it often gets. Sure, it is somewhat offensive smelling, and if served at any temperature above ice cold, it doesn't taste much better than it smells. But you could do a lot worse for a macro beer. Still, I probably won't have another one for a long time.

Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch