Budweiser - Anheuser-Busch

good

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.

(Beer added by: kbub6f on 11-21-2000)
View: Beers (80) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Budweiser Alström Bros
wailingwench

New Mexico

1.45/5  rDev -37.8%

Granted, there is something there that one can taste (shudder). Bud pours a decent transparent straw color with plenty of carbonation. Light on the tongue going down in comparison to the awful aftertaste.

I have consumed this offering in my young, dumb, and poor days. Never again.

If you feel the need to drink this shyte, make sure that you have some Gatorade and extra strength Tylenol on hand. The next morning is comparable to death warmed over. "Headache in a bottle."

09-05-2004 01:42:33 | More by wailingwench
Gusler

Arizona

2.05/5  rDev -12%

Last sample 01/13/02
The beer after its pour from the 12-ounce brown bottle sets in the glass an unclouded light yellow with the head modest in size, frothy in texture and the color a bright white as it dissolves quite quickly the lace a thin sheet. Nose is malt and clean, fresh with the start lightly sweet with fair to middling rice profile, the top skeletal in feel. Finish is stern in its acidity, the hops apropos to the style, dry aftertaste, it is what it is a “mass produced beer”, and at one time many years ago, it was my beer of choice.

08-26-2004 19:53:26 | More by Gusler
TinusTime

2.42/5  rDev +3.9%

WOW - got a sample of the factory fresh bottled that day Budweiser!! Woo HOO.. I was promised that factory fresh Bud was amazing and well.. NOPE.. Poured the same weak colour that it always is.. A bit of fluffy white head. Smell is of grain and not much else.. Taste is.. well boring.. No hops-- Its like lite malt and nothing else.. Mouthfeel isnt horrid medium carbonation. Drinkability is low-- I dont know why but Bud gives me a headache every time. It maybe the King of beers but well I dont like Royalty

08-17-2004 05:03:23 | More by TinusTime
kennyo

2.7/5  rDev +15.9%

Bud cans, everyone knows what this beer tastes like, even though some people will never admit it. So why review it. It's the largest selling beer in the world, its yellow, carbonated, sweet and, cold enough, tasteless, but they sell gazillion gallons of this stuff. It's cheap enough for your parties where nobody knows good beer. The can fits nicely in your hand, at 95 degrees out, it flows easily down your throat, you could fit a bunch in your cooler. Not my first, second or fourtyish choice, but everyso often, there is a bud can in my hand.

08-13-2004 03:13:25 | More by kennyo
baiser

2.23/5  rDev -4.3%

Pours a very clean, bright yellow colour, with a good, foamy white, head that actually stays around a bit.

Aroma? Couldn't really smell anything. Maybe a hint of grain.

Tastes watery, a little like rice. Hop bitterness were more dominant than anything else, which doesn't say much.

I drink this when my friend's buy and they know no better, and I've given up trying to lead them to better beer. *sigh* The taste of this beer varies from time to time. Sometimes flavourless, other times tolerable.

08-03-2004 15:36:11 | More by baiser
Sammy

Ontario (Canada)

1.1/5  rDev -52.8%

I could not have more than one sip. Makes club soda taste decent. Aggressive carbonation with metallic behind it. Some bitter sweetness hit me and that's it -where's the water. There is some fruity aroma here. Pale colour of some fizz. Definately awful looking.

07-25-2004 03:40:38 | More by Sammy
adamboeckman

Kansas

3.05/5  rDev +30.9%

Well, well, well. The King of Beers. When you pure this beer in a glass and take a look at it, you see a really light bodied lager. Where is the head? It really looks like a light beer. The taste isn"t the best, but it is drinkable. I can always pick up a ricy taste in this beer. I will drink this beer occasionally and many of times it is the only beer available at some establishments. As for buying it on a regular basis, I will definetely pass. In my opinion, the BUD name is so popular do to many years of advertising. Most people drink this beer just for the name.

07-09-2004 21:43:33 | More by adamboeckman
nortmand

1.88/5  rDev -19.3%

Pours extremely pale straw yellow. Most lemonade looks more impressive. White, artificial looking head.
Smells corny, with no hop presence.
Tastes similarly corny, with maybe a hint of hop bitterness. I wonder how much they used of their self-proclaimed choicest hops. If anything, inoffensive and not much else.
Very carbonated.
Not very drinkable. After about 2, starts to taste like sweat.

07-07-2004 13:09:52 | More by nortmand
aquatonex

2.33/5  rDev 0%

I was going into this beer expecting to taste swill. Though, I had a surprise when it wasn't as totally disgusting as I had imagined it. I have had its light counterpart in the past, and this I expected to be a magnitude greater in terribleness. However, this beer was significantly better than Bud Light. I have to say that this 'higher; rating must be due to the KEG as opposed to the bottle. Pours light amber, little diffuse head. Smells of hops, alcohol, and stink. I didn't let this one get warm at all for fear of retribution. Very cold it goes down surprisingly smoothly. Has a little flavor, not very bitter. I did enjoy this much more than I would have thought.

07-05-2004 03:40:49 | More by aquatonex
twi1609372

1.85/5  rDev -20.6%

a beet with minimal flavor, in that it has more than bud light. But i work in a grocery sotre and we sell a hell of a lot fo the stuff.I guess it wouldent be bad if you are in an economic crunch or something, but i cant see too many reasons to pick this up when you have a beer case full of much better beers. this beer reaks a foul odor, and does not taste much better. I keep hoping peopel who really like this are just uneducated drinkers, because theres way better out there.

07-03-2004 23:44:31 | More by twi1609372
steinlifter

2.95/5  rDev +26.6%

Poured a pale yellow, not much head, faded fast, smell was slightly hoppy and malty sweetness, taste follows the same, rather creamy mouthfeel, kinda filling,good drinkability, goes down smooth, for what would be considered a weak, cheap beer, on this site, it still is better than most in this category, I'd sure rather drink this than some of the REALLY cheap beer, like Busch-light, Golden Anniversary(see my review), Black label, old Milwaukee,etc...

07-01-2004 01:49:11 | More by steinlifter
connecticutpoet

Connecticut

1.9/5  rDev -18.5%

This one poured a very pale yellow... made me think of the nickname we give this kind of beer (which I probably shouldn't go into... you figure it out).

The aroma was skunky, and overall not very good at all.

The taste was incredibly weak, almost like carbonated water. I was surprised that my taste buds have changed so much that this one would barely register.

Basically I bought this one for two reasons. First, to put it on my beer list, and second, because I wanted the bowling-pin shaped bottle. That's about it.

06-22-2004 03:53:26 | More by connecticutpoet
JISurfer

South Carolina

2.85/5  rDev +22.3%

Eh, it's ok, it's way better than the Bud Light. I just drank some this weekend, because it's a cheap alternative that was available. I'd have it again in a pinch for cheap beer and it was between that and Bud Light. Had some hop body to it, but nothing over the edge or "in your face" about it. I would classify this as a Duff beer. It's there and that's it.

06-21-2004 03:54:50 | More by JISurfer
Lafe

2.53/5  rDev +8.6%

I have to admit that among the American Light Lager family, this one is probably the prettiest. It's pours a light golden color with a white creamy head, and ones own head is filled with pictures of majestic clydesdales, Swedish bikini teams, and the occasional frog.

Once this initial rush of images is past, one is left with a liquid that tastes mildy sweet, has the faintest hint of tartness, and burns with a pleasant CO2 fizz.

It goes down smoothly. It washes burgers, hot wings, and hot dogs down with the greatest of ease. It fills the void when finer brews are not available. And it is acquired with tremendous ease and doesn't hurt the pocketbook in doing so.

That being said, I don't buy it for home consumption, but have been known to consume it otherwise. It beats water, however you look at it.

06-12-2004 06:14:30 | More by Lafe
Dubblebock

3.83/5  rDev +64.4%

My buddy Jim and were hanging out in the dorm room. It was a Wednesday afternoon, middle of finals. Not much going on between tests. I didn't have another exam until Friday, which meant boredom for another day and a half until I had built up enough stress and anxiety to cram at the last possible second for my Psych final. We were alternately watching the TV and the windows, for the girl's volleyball team was walking by headed for lunch at the Quad.

Jim suddenly did a double-take and said "Look at the..."

"Hooters has Bud for a buck a bottle this afternoon, man. Let's head down there and quaff a few, " I broke in quickly.

We headed for the bar, the clear afternoon just begging for some wings and down-home American brewski. We hit the air-conditioning just in time, my car's AC having hit the skids sometime over the winter. Caught a table in the bar area and ordered a couple of bottles of Bud. Our waitress had the name "Kandy" stenciled on her name tag. She had enormous...

"Cans just don't taste as good as bottles, huh?" Jim was looking at me with rapt attention as our beer arrived, cold and sweaty.

"That's not really the case, Jimbo. It's a myth. All cans are lined these days. Cans might actually be better." Kandy undulated away.

The beer was good. Maybe it was the surroundings, maybe it was the company, I don't know. I just know that the beer was good. It poured with a straw head and coloring. Light hops collided with the malts. No aftertaste to speak of. It was just freaking delicious. Like beer-flavored water. A classic example of an American macro-lager. I tasted heaven and sat back to order some food. Kandy had undulated back to the table. I couldn't help but notice that her...

"Breasts or wings, man? They got BBQ breasts on special." Jim was ahead of me, it seemed.

"Wings, dude. Wings, " I replied, my attention turning back to the beer. I ordered another, and another. It was oh, so drinkable. Slam it all you want, it's a monster and it can't be beaten for sheer consistency.

What a beautiful day.

06-06-2004 03:34:18 | More by Dubblebock
surfmeister

Appearance: I was sipping from a can in a pool. Within the can I noticed a distinct yellow color, foamed up well.
Smell: the appropriate smells were there, but very faint, nothing foul
Taste/Mouthfeel: just as good as many micros that cost much more, there was a little bite from the carbonation in the mouth that I didn't care for
Drinkability: very pleasant pool beer, it seems that this beer is the standard bearer of a "3" or "average brew"

05-31-2004 20:16:31 | More by surfmeister
longpondbeerman

Maine

1.78/5  rDev -23.6%

I ended up at a cookout this evening, and there was nothing available to drink other than four kinds of macro-swill, Budweiser being one of the domestic varieties (along with Yuengling Light). The imported swills included Corona and Kronenbourg 1664. Instead of leaving and embarrasing my family, I took this as an opportunity to try beers I had not consumed in over two years. Frankly, I wish I had left when I had the chance. The Budweiser poured a light urine yellow. The smell and taste were pathetic--the most distinctive part of it was the grain (no hops that I could detect). In simplest term, this brew is worthless.

05-28-2004 23:33:20 | More by longpondbeerman
FranklinPCombs

1.7/5  rDev -27%

When I poured this beer, i did a double take, because I thought that i had mistakenly picked up a bottle of water. There is no appearance to this beer. Its color, simply put, isn't. Head is average in thickness, but is gone within a minute, with no lace and just a small ring. Smell is a tiny bit of hops with a tiny bit of malt, and an overall wet dog smell. The taste is sweet, and it has huge overtones of corn. No hops in the taste. The mouthfeel is simply uncomfortable. Its not crisp at all, its kind of cheesy feeling in the mouth, with a small bit of carbonatoin on the back of the tongue. Although it is better that some macro-runoff that I've had, its just not good.

05-28-2004 23:25:09 | More by FranklinPCombs
PopeJonPaul

Oregon

2.05/5  rDev -12%

One of the perils of playing softball is that you might end up with a 6-pack of macro that you feel you should take home, if only to prevent some 12-year-old from digging it out of the trash for a thrill-ride to hell.

To avoid the metallic taste of the can, poured into a pint glass bright yellow, about the same color of my urine sample after a heavy dose of Golden Seal. The head didn't stick around long, can't really judge the lacing yet as I don't think I can get far enough to leave any, will let you know later in the review. Smells of sugar, malt, rice pudding. Taste. What? Good God, malty and watery, extremely watery. Are there hops in this? They sure aren't the "choicest" if there are. Doesn't really taste like much...oh crap, I just burped. Hey...it tastes the same.

Mouthfeel, well to be honest it doesn't offend much, lack of taste makes it kind of like a seltzer, you don't really like it but it still feels alright. This might make a decent Shandy. Ah, another sip and it looks like there's a sort of lacing that looks like the fog on the locker room shower doors.

Drinkability rates with age...not the beer's, yours:
When I was 16 at the Monster Truck Rally - 5
When I was 21 getting free pitchers at bars by beating people at billiards - 4
Now at 33 years old - 2
After 10 more years of drinking the good stuff - 1
When I'm old and my liver starts chastizing me - 3
So, I guess that's a 3

Bottom line, basic American macro lager, would still take it over a Silver Bullet.

PS - does maintain carbonation well, foamed quite a bit when poured in the sink.

05-26-2004 02:21:05 | More by PopeJonPaul
blitheringidiot

1.85/5  rDev -20.6%

OK...OK...OK...It's a denizen of the dross deep A-B BUD that is being quote ah-hem...reviewed. Here goes: 12. oz can flowed into a standard pilsner. Can you believe that they write about choice rice in the beer on the can label?

I realize that this seems odd to review BUD, but it’s a personal quest to return to "days-gone-by" with current brewski know-how thoughts.

Pours out very fizzy & carbonated with a faintest not even yellow color. More like ½ lemonade & ½ tap water in a glass. The suds keep sudsin’. A teensy-weensy bright white ¼” head covers the pils.

Smells of malts, and pronounced adjuncts of rice and malts.

Tastes like an oil soda. I am really stretching for flavor, here. Even after a few swirls, the flavor is unpleasant clean rice. The best part of BUD is its neverending suds that make up an acceptable feel for the 1st five swigs, prior to a leap into swill land. I honestly have a hard time drinking this so-called, self-professed King of Beers.

Last swigs: Why do people actually pay for this? It’s beers like this that help me appreciate which beers are great. Heaven is a good beer. Arg! I took one for the BA team here.

(other) Beer is good. Happy beering.

05-21-2004 06:17:56 | More by blitheringidiot
ngandhi

1.48/5  rDev -36.5%

Full-bodied sweat. Quite difficult to drink, the flavors are muddled and the beer, so rich for its style, is entirely offputting. For flavors this off, we need a lighter beer -- having to focus on such sensations is painful. Out of the bottle, this is easily among the worst beers I have ever had.

Relax, relax.
ng

05-16-2004 16:29:03 | More by ngandhi
cptnjck101

1.3/5  rDev -44.2%

Terrible. This beer is terrible. Even for a macro brew, I was not impressed. My best friend drinks this shit by the pool all Summer long and I gave it a try in a 40 oz. bottle. Tasted like piss and has it warmed, well you can only imagine. About an hour after I killed it also got the worst headache I've had in God knows how long. King of Beers my ass.

05-15-2004 22:49:23 | More by cptnjck101
RocketWidget

1.95/5  rDev -16.3%

Well, mighty Budweiser, we meet at last. Though your domination of the beer world has earned you the King of Beers title, what can you offer someone like me, a beer drinker with opinions? You pour a piss yellow with absolutely no head whatsoever. You smell like nothing at all. You taste of slight hops, but nothing substantial and very watered down. You are fairly drinkable ... just like water. So poo poo to you, "King" of beers? Please.

On a side note, the maxim printed on the side of your can mangles the English language, and my girlfriend, who is an English major, would be pissed if I didn't point that out. Is this supposed to indicate the intelligence of the average Bud drinker?

05-14-2004 00:57:48 | More by RocketWidget
MuddyFeet

2.58/5  rDev +10.7%

Decided to take advantage of the nice weather and do a bit of yard work. After sweating for hours went to the small package store around the corner and opted to refresh myself with Budweiser. I actually remember rading somewhere years ago that Bud is good for muscles when you've been doing a lot of work in hot weather. And I have to agree there is something refreshing about drink a Bud in the right circumstances. The beer is pale yellow in color with a higher carbonation than most other beers. The smell and the taste both come across as slightly salty to my nose and tongue. I could easily drink this beer all night if my goal was to get hammered. But I do that so rarely, I opted for two cans to help me relax.

04-18-2004 23:54:29 | More by MuddyFeet
DESTRO

Nevada

2.3/5  rDev -1.3%

went to eat yesterday and this, budlight, miller light, coors light and fosters was the tap selection. pretty crazy guys! anyway, havent had a bud in a long time so, i got one. it was extremely clear and pale with an almost fluorescent yellow tint. big foamy white head that falls flat. the smell is very faint, smells like clean low impact beer. in the mouth it was crisp and cold, bubbly and refreshing, but in the taste department it was whack. very light corn notes, a slight funk, and seemed lighter than the budlight i had not to long ago. strange. anyway, lackluster beer, but drinkable.

04-11-2004 22:36:17 | More by DESTRO