Budweiser - Anheuser-Busch

Anheuser-Busch visit their website
Missouri, United States

American Adjunct Lager |  5.00% ABV

Beer added by: kbub6f on 11-21-2000

Brewed using a blend of imported and classic American aroma hops, and a blend of barley malts and rice. Budweiser is brewed with time-honored methods including “kraeusening” for natural carbonation and Beechwood aging, which results in unparalleled balance and character.
Reviews: 1,556 | Hads: 5,557
3.35/5  rDev +35.1%

Probably one of the better big domestic pilsner beers out there. If you can't get a good Canadian beer...a bud is your next best bet. The more you drink the better they get lol. (177 characters)

3.43/5  rDev +38.3%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

If you're going to drink Budweiser, make sure it's in a cold, glass bottle. It's very pleasant and drinkable. It's a dang good beer and very underrated. Drinking it out of a can is a different story. There is always a weird metallic tatse that takes over and makes it tatse dirty. (280 characters)

3.15/5  rDev +27%
look: 3 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Awful smell starts within few minutes, but otherwise very enjoyable. Easy-to-drink beer that I can just drink while chilling; nothing special, but I would still buy it. (168 characters)

2.62/5  rDev +5.6%

Good beer for pairing with barbecue and spicy foods. When consumed alone, there is a strange artificial taste that gets stronger with each beer. Its popularity probably has more to do with the Budweiser brand than its quality, but overall a drinkable beer. (258 characters)

1.03/5  rDev -58.5%

Budweiser for me is a beer that is quite frankly overrated. This is a beer that lacks taste and has a light, watery flavor. Really boring beer to drink, and it ranks as one of the worst beers that I've had. Pabst Blue Ribbon has more flavor than this piss. (256 characters)

3.7/5  rDev +49.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 3.5

I'm not going to go into detail. It's exceptional for the style (underline: for the style), not many beers I would rather have if it's 90+ at the beach. (153 characters)

1.42/5  rDev -42.7%
look: 1.75 | smell: 1 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

Ok this is the first Bud I've had in 2 years. Perhaps I was feeling sentimental. But one taste did away with all sentiment. The smell is awful. And although the taste really isn't bad, It is rather flavor less. Good if you want to get a buzz, But if you want to taste beer forget about it! Oh well here's to younger days! (321 characters)

2.18/5  rDev -12.1%
look: 2 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

Had this at a social function - the choice was Bud or Bud Light.

It is nearly impossible for me to believe that I once considered myself a "Bud Man." Thankfully, that was a looooong time ago.

The only redeemable quality is that this beer is union made. (255 characters)

1.93/5  rDev -22.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.75

Not my cup of tea. There is no 'taste'. This beer is meant for people who don't like beer, but like the idea of beer. A bit better than the watery version. (156 characters)

3.75/5  rDev +51.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

For what it is, it is well done. Not much on the nose, rice, faint hops, light malts. Brilliant straw color, fizzy and light bodied. Light malt and rice flavor with a light hop finish. (184 characters)

1.67/5  rDev -32.7%

King of Beers? I don't think so. Has a nice golden color with a think white head of bubbles. Taste was very disappointing. Very bland and tasteless. Smell was off setting. Gave me a headache. Cheap beer is cheap. (212 characters)

3.95/5  rDev +59.3%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

I understand there is a lot of hate here on Beer Advocate when it comes to this beer. Beer snobs left and right will tell you that this beer is swill and piss. But I came into reviewing this beer without bias and prejudice.

Appearance - I poured a 16oz can delicately into a pilsner glass. I would say the temperature of the beer was at about 36 degrees. I noticed it had a head and then quickly dissipated. It has a high level of carbonation. I noticed it left a light lacing on the glass. The color of the beer had a straw-yellow color. I looked into the glass and it reminded me of grease bubbles from chicken broth.

Smell - Smells of corn, rice, and had a slightly boozy smell.

Taste - Has sort of a flat tangy boozy taste to it. Tasted the rice, corn, and the beer was slightly boozy - similar to the smell. Barely any hop taste.

Mouth feel - It tastes very carbonated and has a watery mouth feel but it's not a bad thing. The mouth feel of this beer makes it very easy to drink.

Overall - For what it's worth, this beer is great! It is very drinkable, cheap, and Budweiser has never let me down before. (1,118 characters)

3.1/5  rDev +25%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3

On a really hot day in the summer, this is a pretty satisfying beer. If you develop a taste for it you won't have to worry about a small town bar not having a beer you like. I must admit, however, a world with only Budweiser would be pretty tedious. (249 characters)

3.53/5  rDev +42.3%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Very pale yellow. White head that makes a brief appearance. Not much aroma. The aroma that is there is inoffensive. Slightly sweet taste with some of the barley and rice making themselves known. Easy drinking, light bodied with a semi-dry finish. Overall, a solid beer. This isn't one I buy often, but when I do I enjoy it.

12 oz can
Born on: 26 Jan 15
Served in a Pilsner glass (379 characters)

3.15/5  rDev +27%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

Old standby Bud gets a bad rap in that it's a beer by the masses for the masses. Not particularly strong or of unique character it's nevertheless a great "backyard" beer after mowing the lawn or coming in from a hard day's work. No hoppiness and a pale pilsner taste that goes down easy. Serving in a frosted mug improves the experience greatly and it's really refreshing with no aftertaste. Give Bud a break. It is what it is. (432 characters)

2.52/5  rDev +1.6%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Ah, the King of Beers. My Bud is brewed in Canada by the good folks at Labatt, and I'm not sure it is any better or any worse than most mass-produced beer you can buy. It pours with a fizzy, quickly disappearing head. It has a corn and morning breath aroma, followed by a really sweet malt profile. There is no evidence of hops whatsoever. Best served ice cold and enjoyed before, during or after some sort of sporting event. (425 characters)

4.07/5  rDev +64.1%

A: crystal clear; light gold in color; less than a 1 finger white head that receded quickly to a thin ring; very little lacing;

S: bready; grainy; a little malt/corn sweetness;

T: no hop character until the lightly bitter finish; one note - light malt/corn sweetness all the way;

M: light bodied; moderate carbonation; moderately dry finish;

O: not a style I would choose for myself, but for the style, it's well made; (422 characters)

I wish there was a score higher than five.

First off listen this is american as you get, back in the day you didnt have fancy craft beers at barbecues, and pretty sure if you asked for something like that in a bar the bikers would take you out back and beat you. Listen this is a beer for the people and its a great thing. You dont buy this beer to analyze it and judge it, no you buy it to bring to your family barbecue drink with your cousins and uncles and start singing karaoke in the tent on the side of the house.

Plus how can you go wrong with there radio commercials Real American Hero's come on people. This is the most American thing you can drink so stop with the IPA's, Stouts, and whatever else and grab yourself a nice ice cold Bud. (748 characters)

This is the swill my old man used to suck back back in the 70s and 80s and got hammered on. I gotta it say it tastes okay but damn Bud.......whats up with the bloody headaches? (176 characters)

Look...who in the world of beer snobbery can give this a fair shake? Well, apparently a lot of us. I believe I will quote a well-spun review which includes the immortal words of Billy Joel "the classic microphone smells like a beer smell" comment is very astute. I loved it. Yes, it was mostly watery...but if I can quote another reviewer , or analyze, I should say. The watery nature of the brew does not get you hungover. I'm not sure exactly what that meant, but that's his experience... I for one, will not turn one down if ice-cold and offered to me...even for a couple of bucks on occasion...the Bros did well in their review. (632 characters)

2.66/5  rDev +7.3%

When I officially became a "beer geek" or what my wife calls a "beer snob" I swore I would never, ever drink another bottle or can of domestic swill. Well, now that I have been reviewing beers from all over the country, the world and from multiple micro-brewers, I've decided to be fair to the "big box" beers. And where better to start than the "king of beers", none other than Budweiser...

I have to say, giving it a fair shake, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Although its appearance is nothing to write home about, and it has the classic "microphone smells like a beer" smell, there are some redeeming qualities. The taste was a mixture of light hoppiness with sweet maltiness, with an overly carbonated feel. As surprising as the taste was I have to admit - it was mostly watery, even for a lager. Although not the worst beer I've ever had, it certainly isn't the king of beers for me. (902 characters)

No detectable flavors other than a "tin can metal" taste. Good for slamming one right after another but other than that it hasn't got much going for it. (152 characters)

2.82/5  rDev +13.7%

The king of beers. No, it's not Heady. It's Budweiser! Here goes:

L: Yellow, lots of carbonation, not much head or lacing, though.

S: Very faint barley and hops; mostly adjunct grains. Not good.

T: Not bad, but not great either. Pilsner hops followed by a grainy aftertaste. Sufficient malt and hops, but simply can't compete with other pilsners of the craft variety.

F: Crisp and smooth. Not going to dock the beer here too much.

O: OK, only have this when I'm at a bar that doesn't serve microbrews. (518 characters)

3.3/5  rDev +33.1%

Because you deserve what every individual should enjoy regularly. It's American for mass consumption of beer. Drink a six pack and sing the national anthem while taking photos of bald headed Eagles. Forget the taste forget the macro and sometimes just have some beer. This is that beer. It's delicious in the summer. (316 characters)

1.69/5  rDev -31.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 1.5

That advert. Yea...

The thing is I love a well made macro/adjunct crisp lager.
So after seeing that ad I bought a 24 oz can to see if Budweiser lives up to standards of that style (I remember thinking they don't) Trust me, I love this style when it's done right.

Sorry though, Bud. It's a very poor adjunct lager. I'd be happy for you to poke fun at craft hipsters if you can live up to the "no fuss" style you think is great.
Your beer is sweetcorn juice with zero hop taste.
PBR has a hop finish to it. So do many other decent macro lagers.

I guess I should stick to some peach pumpkin ale.
Don't Shock Top do that flavor? (made by Anheuser-Busch, bahahahaha) (666 characters)

Budweiser from Anheuser-Busch